life after death

augercorn

To say Ember was having a 'lovely' time wouldn't be even close. The band hadn't recognized her, which to a degree, had been a benefit as she hummed backstage. Her request for the band, of course, did have one slight alteration. She wanted to sing, mostly because she loved the songs and, in her opinion, her singing voice was amazing. So after some warm ups, as well as her telling them what songs they were gunna play. She grabbed herself a new outfit, after all, this was a show and she had to look the part. She settled herself with tight-fitting black clothes, alongside a leathery jacket, and went on stage. 

Soon, the music started. Loud rock music. To the crowd, they'd think nothing of it. The singer's voice seemed to belong to the band, and her bright hair and eyes only complimented the music. On one of the songs, Ember eyed that Voltaire, the one who freed her. He seemed to wave his hand as if saying 'come here'. She could only assume it was a move to really the team, and one she cared little for as she rolled her eyes at him and went back to singing on stage. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Li stepped out of the car, she looked around at the strange place she was brought to. She was surprised at the scale of this crisis, if the elements were still here this would have been over ages ago. 

Li spotted the stallion who recruited her, he seemed to be waving to call her over. "It's about time I meet my teammates." she said, adjusting her mask as she walked over. 

Aquilo Breeze

"I have found

All that shimmers in this world

Is sure to fade...

away... again."

"It's such a nice day out, dear." A feminine voice said, and indeed it seemed to be such a day with a bright sun out, warm yet with a cool breeze. A family of ponies; one stallion, one mare, and one colt, all were walking down the street, seeing many others going around and doing the attempting to get to their destinations, yet it seemed this family was out for just a stroll. They were not far from the bridge that led out from the backside of the city of Manehattan. The mare looked over to her stallion happily, a loving look in her eyes. "Aquilo." 

The room was brightly lit, yet Aquilo found no issues sleeping. Though after that piece of memory, his eyes quickly opened up, his view of the world around him all white and sideways. After a couple of seconds, he finally got off the bed, and looked around. His current surroundings was nothing more than a few white walls, a metal framed bed with white sheets and covers, a sink with white paint; everything was void of any other color except white. It was rather depressing to him. Just how long had he been in this room; no, cell? When he first got to this place, this laboratory, the scientist immediately tested on him, taking blood and skin samples. They limited what he could eat while he was there as well. This was all hours ago, or days ago? It's so hard to tell without a sense of time of any kind. No clocks, no windows. Was he actually a prisoner, and this was all being disguised as a means to make a weapon with what's within him. Was there anything really going on in him? These were thoughts going through the mind of a very uncertain pony who easily thought of the worse anyways.

He knew why they took him when they did. Aquilo looked back at his rear legs and saw the bite mark on one of them. When the outbreak happened, he tried his best to get out, but he did not escape unharmed. One of the zombie had managed to get to him, and take a bite. Luckily for him, a few guards were close by to help get the zombie off of him before it drug him back towards the others. The rest happened quickly; the guards got him the rest of the way out of the overran part of the city, but instead of bringing him straight to were the other unaffected ponies were heading, they took him to some ponies wearing lab coats. They herded him onto a convoy truck, and not much longer after that he found himself inside this lab.

After another look about in the room, the door opened up. Aquilo's full attention was now on the pony or ponies standing at the door. Sure enough, there were about three there, two looked to be guards, but the one in between and standing ahead of them took his attention the most. He wore a lab coat like the other scientist, so Aquilo didn't question if he was one; however what was this feeling he was getting from that pony. It was so unnatural, as if he was emitting something. He couldn't shake this uneasiness, even by breaking eye contact and looking away. Beyond that, this scientist sported a strange color; an emerald green fur coat while his mane was short and spiky, and his tail was short as well. It was two tone of orange-brown. He was also wearing goggles over his eyes, making it hard to see his full expression. "Ah, you're awake! Good, just in time to get some more test done." The scientist said with a smile. Aquilo continued to look at him, his expression becoming one of anguish, but followed the scientist as they took him from the room and into a bigger stage.

The area had a clean smell in the air, as if they waxed and polished the floors and walls. Aquilo felt somewhat bad walking through it, honestly. Nonetheless, he got up on the chair when asked to, and started looking around. He noticed the lack of other scientist or any other ponies for that fact. "Where is every pony?" He asked in a quiet tone. The green pony continued onward, grabbing different tools and placing them on a push table before answering this presented question. "They won't be joining us this time. These test will not require any blood or any other samples like that. Instead, this is a more mental and physical evaluation." He said, and finally turned his attention to Aquilo with a big smile on his own face. "I am more than capable of doing this part on my own." Every bit of uneasiness, and now fear settled back into Aquilo's mind. Was this really a test, or even truly allowed? So many doubts about this, and all because of that smile; because of the presence he feels from this particular pony. No matter now, as the test started.

After an hour, Aquilo sat on the table still, worried about what was next, but looking fine and unharmed. The green pony still had a smile on his face as most of the tools he grabbed earlier looked to of been used and moved around. He then began moving to another part of the room while speaking. "Alright, you've done great so far Aquilo. There's just one last test I wish to preform. It'll be simple, yet crucial." He made it over to a light switch, and before flipping it down spoke again saying, "Tell me if you can see me still while staring into the dark." With that, the lights went off. Aquilo looked straight ahead at where the green pony and the light switch was at. The entire room was dark, no other light source anywhere at all. Complete darkness, and no objects could be seen with the lack of ability to shine their colors even a little. This was insane, if this scientist's plan was to see if a pony or supposedly a pony turning into a zombie could see in complete darkness, the answer was no... at least that's what he thought at first. Another glance was beginning to prove him wrong, he thought, as he began seeing two shimmering yellow dots in the far distance, exactly where the green pony was at. He shook his head and looked again. The dots were still there, but what were they? Eyes? How could that be, the scientist was wearing goggles. He began looking around to see if he could see any other dots anywhere, but failed to do so. "Well, are you able to see me, or anything else?" The scientist asked. Aquilo didn't speak at first, and instead looked back at where he remember the pony being at. "I--uh... I..." He began to say shyly, then went quiet. Aquilo heard a sigh before the scientist spoke again. "Aquilo, please. This is important. Simply tell me if you see me or not." He said, this time in a slight demanding voice. What now? Would he say something about the glowing dots? "N-no sir. I don't see you, or anything else in the dark." He finally answered. With that, the lights flicked back on. The scientist looked towards Aquilo at first before writing something down on a sheet. "Alright, that about does it!" He said, having the smile on his face again. "Let's get you back to your room. Food should be ready soon, so don't fall asleep on us again; okay."

Anu looked between the other three ponies that had approached Voltaire as he did, sizing them up and seeing what kind of team he was working with. Out of the three, the one in the mask was the most interesting to him, though he couldn't say he was all that interested in any of them to begin with. 

"If you insist." Anu replied simply to the mare's words, really just preferring they get on with the mission. 

Not long after the strange scientists left. Voltaire entered the aquilo's room. Voltaire came up and knelt down to Aquino and held his hoof in sympathy. "My name Voltaire Alltireery. I'm a special reqistions officer. I read your reports. And I have an offer. Right now we don't know how long you have. Blood type and health seem to be important factors. But right now time is the enemy." He stands up and a red card appears. 

"Most don't see it in you. The fighting spirit I know have! You are a native to mainhatten, and you specialize in navigation. I have a team going in to recover the elements. They could use a guy like you. Show them the short cuts, the back roads. A guide if you will. Help retrieve the elements and defeat the virus forever!" He hands him the card.

"show them this and you will be let go. If your up for it; meet me at the staging area in 3 hours. It's not far from here." Voltaire nods and walks off leaving him alone. 

Xxxxxxx

Doc and Rock make it thru crowd. Anu and li are by Voltaire's side. As doc goes thru the crowd he listens to the band. He wonders if he heard the song before .... the voice sounded familiar. Was it a cover? Surely he heard it on the radio, perhaps somewhere else?

they reach the team

"good were all here. We may get to introductions soon. But I have a some special equipment for each of you!" Voltaire turns to the box he was sitting on and unseals it. 

Doc looks to the dog and young girl? Wait are these our teammates? He thinks. He looks to Voltaire and takes a deep breath. He trusts this stallion. And if that's the choice he made he believes them. 

Rock is across from them and looks to anu. He nods "haha! Been a while since I faught alongside an diamond dog!" He says happily. Then he takes the large case he was carrying and opens it. Pulling out a huge two handed claymore! It's about 6 feet long and very thick. Doc looks at the blade in awe. "Is that!" 

Rock beams with pride at his sword "this is the legacy blade! Up until a few generations ago. Every member of my family was made sword when they become an adault. When the strongest became the leader he inherited this blade and had his original forged into the metal! And now i will take it to battle again! The steel of all my family is in this weapon. It is said to be able to slay the supernatural. And I know it can cut they a zombie!"

Li watched curiously as Voltaire handed a big case over to a rather large stallion. He opened it to reveal an impressive blade that seems to be an heirloom. She nodded, it would definitely serve well in their battle with the zombies.

Aquilo Breeze

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"I have found

Is sure to fade...

away... again."

Aquilo sat in his temporary white room; at least he hoped it was temporary. The green coated pony left not that long ago, so he didn't expect any pony else to come in. When the door opened and a strange tall stallion walked in, and approached him in quite a strange manner. This definitely alarmed him, unsure of who this pony was, or what he wanted. He listened in silence to what this pony, who was named Voltaire, was saying and took the card. With everything being told, to be a guide for a group, having some kind of fighting spirit within himself, and running out of time. Time... how had he not thought about this before? Hours, precious hours have already been lost! How much sooner until it was all gone, and he too turned into one of those walking mindless beings that only cared about eating living ponies. The thought terrified him to no end. That would be it, the end for him, and he would either go down like the other zombies, or stay around as every other living pony fell.

After all was said and done, and Voltaire left the room again, Aquilo looked down at the card finally. It seemed to of mentioned something about a group known as H.O.T. That must of been who Voltaire was mentioning when he wanted Aquilo guide some ponies. Was this really going to work? Should he really go? Was he going to actually be some help to these ponies? He didn't know the answers... but what he did know was if he did nothing at all, he was sure to become one of the zombies as well. It didn't seem like a cure was coming soon for him by these scientist, unless they were keeping it low.

Aquilo finally got to talk to one of the members of the lab and showed him the card. Just like Voltaire said, they were letting him go without question. He now stood on the outside of the lab, looking out at the darkening landscape as night came and covered the land. He looked down at the card once more, seeing where exactly he needed to be. As he started to walk off, a voice could be heard from behind.

"Waaaaaait!" The voice said. Aquilo tensed up before turning around, seeing who it was. It happened to be the scientist from before, now running to catch up with Aquilo. Once he did, the scientist stopped, having some kind of case with him. "I heard what's going on! Are you really going off?" He asked in a rushed curious tone. Aquilo took a moment before nodding to his question. The scientist sighed before looking straight at him once more. "Well that's a shame. I felt like we were getting somewhere. Oh well, do what you feel you must, but take these with you." He said and presented the case. Aquilo looked at it with a tilted head before taking it as told to. "Inside contains syringe shots of a compound that, when injected, should help keep your DNA stable. We obviously didn't get to test these on you yet, hence the main reason we were keeping you here." He explained to him. Aquilo had a worried expression on his face as he looked to the scientist. "H-how long do I have... until I change?" He asked in a mildly scared tone. The scientist simply shrugged at first before saying, "Not sure, that's what the test were suppose to tell us." Aquilo looked down at that news, but soon heard the scientist speak more. "All I can say is if you began to feel any extreme changes within yourself, feeling or thought wise, take one of the shots." With that, Aquilo nodded and turned around, beginning to head in the direction once again.

"Dear." Aquilo heard the feminine voice say in his direction. He looked right at her and gave her a soft smile, as she returned on back to him. "You seem distracted. Are you alright?" She asked him. Aquilo closed his eyes and nodded to her. "Yes, I am Rose." He replied back to her, before continuing. "Though I do apologize if I seem distant at the moment. My mind apparently is trying to get me to think on other topics that don't really pertain to what's happening now." With that, Aquilo's eyes widen just slightly as he felt the mare's lips press against his cheek for just a second. "There is no need to worry, dear. You are here, with your family, and we will always be with you." She said with such a soothing tone, one she was known well for. "Aquilo."

Three hours... nearly three more hours passing by as Aquilo moved on to the protected part of the city. His gaze lied upon the massive shield magic that engulfed it. It was rather impressive to him, but he couldn't stop and stare at it, he had to press on before he was late.

The singing on the stage has continued, although, the voice did sound slightly different. Less rough around the edges and more natural. That was mostly because Ember had spotted someone whose appearance had distracted her entirely. She had walked backstage, grabbed her beloved Scythe, and began pushing through the crowd of survivors to get to where she wanted to go. It wasn't hard to get there, one glare from her and a look at the black Scythe that hunt over her shoulders was more than enough for people to get the message. 'Get outta my way'. 

She eventually arrived where Voltaire and the rest of the team was gathered, her ruby-red eyes looking over at them. A child with a mask, a diamond dog, some guy with a massive blade and.....him. She was certain it was him from stage, but to see him so close. Did he have no idea she was on this mission also? Oh what a wonderful surprise this would be to him. With a cocky sly grin, the Serial Killer began to walk forwards at the ground with a glint in her eyes and a massive Scythe resting of her shoulders. 

As aquilo and ember join the group Voltaire smiles and passes out cases, sliding them on the floor to each one. 

Doc opens it up and sees it's  some sort of armor. Voltaire says "now that we're all here. I believe some introductions are in order. " he points to rock "this is Rock Eater. He will be taking command. He is a weapons expert who has lead more successful combat missions than shining armor himself. Also he's strong enough to wrestle a dragon with his bare hoofs."  Rock does a salute with his blade, holding to his face. A gesture of honor and respect to all of them. 

"Second in command will be doc Bearing. He is a recon pony havin done all sorts of cool stuff, that I can't talk about! His medical knowledge and ability to take care of a team drasticly increase your chances of success and survival." Doc stands up from inspecting the armor; and nods to his team. His eyes go wide and he steps back when seeing ember! 

Voltaire steps behind her "which leads us to your next teammate. Ember blossom; serial murderer spending life in prison."

doc's gaze switched from ember to Voltaire "no! No way! Not again!"

voltaire continued "she is under contract and will be not harm any of you. Only the zombies! Her unique fighting style and ferocity will surely be an asset" 

doc gritted his teeth. He trusted Voltaire but going on a suicide mission with your psycho ex-girlfriend was not something he wanted to do! "Awwwww crud" doc holds His lips shut afraid he would start ranting like a mad man in front of everyone. "Hi ember!" He says in the same tone as a volcano about to blow.

Voltaire ducks down "next: this is LI, otherwise known as castor. She is a trained assassin with a perfect record. Despite her size and age you will soon find she is a remarkable fighter. A master at her trade and should be treated with the same respect as an grown up. Because she can kick your plot like one!" Rock glares at Voltaire. He has a daughter a little older then li. And even if she is capable of holding her own the idea of taking a child out there made his skin crawl.

voltaire walked to Anu next "this is Anu. As you can see he is a diamond dog, he has dedicated his life to training and becoming a stronger warrior and leader. He has wondered the earth racking up quite the extensive list of adventures. His attitude is as sharp as his blades. Give him the proper respect and he will be your  best asset!"

he then comes to aquilo "and lastly we have aquilo. An expert explorer and mountaineer. He may not look like much but he is an expert in survival. Having even escaped the initial attack. He is a mainhatten native and will the best guide for you! He .... has been bitten and is on a time limit. So finding the elements is personal to him."

"well then ...." Rock says looking at what he has to work with

Doc looked at ember like she was the embodiment of evil. But he did acknowledge his new team with respect.

At the introductions, Ember simply smiled a sick smile. One she wore on the battlefield, a hungry look of fire that promised violence. She fidgeted with her Scythe as she waited, and, well, smirked at Doc. It amused her to no small amount that she was being partnered up with her Ex, and wondered what he'd been up too since she was locked up in prison. The rest of the team had impressive track records. A young girl who was an assassin, a Dog who was dedicated to lead and someone who was bitten. 

She looked at Aquilo hungrily, wondering when he'd count as one of them to end up on her chopping block.

"Doccy, it's been too long" She said affectionately to her ex, even taking a step towards him, mostly to freak him out "Yeah, i know we had our differences. Like that time i got arrested for Murder and all~ But you never called or visited. Isn't nice to treat a girl like that~" She pouted, although Doc would know, just from the look in her eyes, she didn't care he hadn't visited her. She took the Scythe off her back, lazily spinning in around before sighing, resting one half on the ground.

The team looked, interesting. It was one she could have a lotta fun with, after all. In a combat mission, anyone could get infected and her weapon was the cure...

Li received her case and listened as Voltaire introduced everyone, giving a short bow on her turn to greet her new teammates. It seemed like the stallion called Doc and the mare with the giant scythe knew each other already, though the stallion was really bothered by meeting her here. Li also noticed the team leader glaring at Voltaire when she was being introduced, has she done something to make him feel uncomfortable?

Li looked back at the case and opened it, wondering what was inside.

Doc held his ground "mmmm not long enough!" He says quickly 

he watched her cautiously. Ember was the perfect name for her. She was a danger ready to burst out in flames. A few years ago he wondered into a bar and left with her. What followed was a strange but wonderfuly relationship. They were both very aggressive with eachother. But they provide the care that was needed. Imagine his shock when he kissed her goodbye. Went to work, and by the end of the day find out the monster he has been hunting was in his bed every night! He would never forget that one moment he saw her true bloody self!

"yeah, well not like i wanted to ever see you again."

inside the case was armor fitted for each of them. It appeared to be micro chain mail and Kevlar, very light. Voltaire smiled "this armor is designed for the zombies. This will protect you from getting your skin broken and infection. Only problem is that it won't do much against guns, and you can't sweat thru it"

Rock opened up his and inspected it. "Hmmm he's right; it will still hurt if you get bit. But a zombie will just break there teeth on this!" He quickly pulled his shirt and shorts off. His body was frighteningly huge and muscular. He had some tight underpants with rubber ducks on them. He slipped the armor on zipping it up. It looks like all black Flightsuite, with his name on the back.  He bounces up and down "comfortable." He nods and takes his shirt walking over covering li making a little dressing room for her. He cranes his neck looking away. At doc and ember

"doc that's your teammate! Treat her with respect!" Doc growled "hey remember the story I told you about how I was dating a crazy psycho! ...." he points to ember "eghhhhhhhh!"   "Oh!"

Li inspected the armour and nodded, it's better than what she has on now. Hopefully it won't hinder her movements when she fights. 

She looked around and noticed the leader already changed into the armour. The young mare looked around for somewhere to change until the team leader came over to help her. "Thank you, team leader." she said as she quickly changed into it and stepped out, putting her twin broadswords back on her side. 

Armour, that's what this was about? It did make some sense, they were fighting the undead, zomibe, whatever. Assuming they wouldn't shoot, they'd be unstoppable. It was an undeniable fact, in her opinion, when it came to combat, she came second to no one. She didnt' care much for it, and it would ruin the clothes she'd gotten. Eventually, she opted to wear it all. She'd just gotten her freedom back, and wasn't going to die on this mission. 

Unlike Li, Ember had no issues about getting changed right in front of the team and placed her protection equipment over her undergarments, before putting her clothes back on over it. She knew the others were looking, but didn't care. Let them stare, she could still cut them into pieces should they try anything. 

She looked over at Doc, unspoken words about their past as she looked at the girl, Li or Caster. Why would she hide her name? Seemed ridiculous in her eyes. 

"He only refers to me as a crazy Ex? I honestly expected worse..." She muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear it though. She got great pleasure and amusement out of this. She'd been trapped behind bars for a year bored out of her brain, she would milk this freedom and entertainment for all it was worth. 

((This post will be made on my phone, sorry for it not looking 'decorative'. Also, I'm getting a Gantz feel from this rp now. I'm just waiting for there to be someone in a large black metal ball.))

Aquilo's eyes widened when introductions were going out, especially when it was on him. Did  Voltaire really just explain to everyone else that he was bitten?! With the description he heard of the others, especially Ember, he would be on even less time now. He sighed as looked down at this new case and opened it, seeing the suit.

He began to think against wearing it. What if he changed while being in it? He would be an armoured zombie. That worry vanished when it was said that bullets could break threw it still. Perhaps he wouldn't be that much of a threat after all. He took the suit out and became undressed. He may of been rather timid most of the time, but this didn't frighten him. Most of them were grown, so he didn't fear showing most of his body off. It wasn't much to look at anyways, a slender body with lengthy arms and legs, and a still young looking face, all covered in an ice like blue short strand fur to make it like an illusion as if it was his natural skin color. Once he put the suit on, besides the fact that it didn't let his body breath, it was rather comfortable. Easy to move around in as he twisted his torso left and right as he looked around himself. So this was it, the first line of defense against the zombies biting them, or in his case, again. 

He heard the bickering amongst the other group members, but paid no mind to it. Instead he focused on how he could be any help to them while keeping a distance as well. There was no hiding what was going on with him, and the looks he has seen towards him were definitely unsettling. He then looked at the case the scientist gave him before he came here. Would whatever is in there really work? Where would he inject them on himself, anyways? He sighed softly at all of these thoughts.

Anu stood in silence as the introductions were made, frowning as he heard he was not in charge. Truly, he didn't expect they would do that, but he could still hope. 

In any case, he gave a simple nod at his introduction, eyeing Ember and Aquilo warily. The dog wasn't too sure about bringing them along, a crazy murderer and a ticking time bomb. For now, he shook his head and turned to the case, opening it and taking the armor inside to go find a place to change. He eventually found a large pile of boxes and changed back there, removing his robe and pants to put the armor underneath them. He didn't tend to have a shirt on, both to show off his markings and because he knew it would make no difference in a fight. 

Once done, he walked back to the group, fully dressed again. "Very well. Let's get going."

Rock smiled to Li.  "Nice swords kids, stay close to me we'll get thru this in no time!"

Doc watched Ember get undressed. It brought up spoiled memories. he shakes his head and drops his pants sliding the armor on a peace at the time. while he wasn't a hulk like Rock he was a very fit stallion and it showed.

doc and rock looked at aquilo and briefly saw the bite. it was well treated and dressed. Doc figured he had more a reason to fight than any of them did. his very life was on the line.  Rock on the other hand was just happy they had a local to help them navigate. 

"not yet!" Voltaire says  to Anu "my friend it's intelligence and planning that has kept the zombies at bay. I'm going to brief you with all the info you need, then weapons. then we can insert you into the shield." he walks over and waves his hoof making a map of manhattan appear. "we are missing the elements of kindness, generosity and laughter. the last known places of each." he gives a quick "ahem" and points to the a area smack dab in the middle "rarity believes she left the element of generosity in her purse at the convention center! she was supposed to give a panel and its agreed its somewhere back stage."

Rock and doc looked at each other taking in this info. Voltaire then pointed to a building the all could tell was the empire state "the element of laughter was lost when ms.Pie was i say and quote "hard core parkour off the empire state yo!" .... "we can assume its probably on a roff somewhere in the business district. and lastly the element of kindness is believed to be somewhere in the mainhatten zoo. where flutter shy was taking a college accredited course on elephant care."

Rock looks at the map "we can hit the zoo, then the convention center. the element of laughter will take the longest since we don't know an exact location so that should be last." Doc nods "good we have an order. now we just have to worry about following the route." Voltaire nods "i have hear police chief brown he has more experience fighting zombies than anyone!"

an old grizzled police chief comes up. He seems exhausted and angry." ok listen up! zombies are tough. only way to kill one is to blow its brains out. electric shock, and using a special arsenic mixture. Once a zombie bites you it won't let go. it will use all its strength clamping down: that said zombies are very strong and can throw a grown man around easy with a push. your suites will protect from bites but it will hurt! that said zombies have varying levels of perception. most of the time they won't notice you unless your very close. but we have seen some that are very aware and will screech calling you out. zombies only run when they want food. and they can chase indefinitely.  otherwise they just shamble looking for food. we have of course seen exceptions and special zombies so be careful. lastly the best way to fight them is a mixture of whacking and shooting. always keep a gun and something you can use as a bludgeon at all times. water and power are out in the city so watch out for darkness ... and the stink. any questions?"

"Not to worry, I can handle myself in the battle field." Li nodded, focusing as she was briefed on the location of the elements and how to fight zombies. A gun? Does she really need a firearm while fighting these creatures? Li has some experience with them, but it's definitely not a weapon of choice.

Ember couldn't not grin during the briefing. She didn't care about the elements, that was for the team who cared about society to worry about. Her job was simple, use her scythe to cut down whatever stood between herself and freedom. Freedom. Oh such a sweet word  she'd missed it so much while stuck within prison. She did listen as the failed officer said they'd need ranged weapons, the girl snorted in responce. She didn't need a gun to be dangerous, her Scythe was more than enough to get her job done. 

"Give your damned firearms to them" She said, pointing lazily at Doc and Rock Eater "I ain't taking it, nor do i think i'll be trusted with one" She looked Doc in the eyes as she spoke, before glancing at the rest of the team. She had expected some reaction from one of them, other than Doc. Was her infamous reputation not enough anymore, had the world forgotten her? She growled, well, if it had, it was time to remind them, in brutal form, who had made them scared for their lives for months on end. That Death walked among them...and demanded blood. 

Looks like Li wasn't the only one who didn't want a gun. She looked at the mare who spoke, nodding at her words as she examined her weapon. Impressive, blades are truely the most wonderful weapons of all. She said something that caught her attention, why would the mare not be trusted with a firearm? True, her demeanor is questionable, but there must be something else that would make her say that. Could this be related to the stallion's reaction to her? 

The young qilin rested her hoof on her chin as she thought, perhaps it will be revealed later on. Li took a moment to examine herself. The chain mail looks kind of strange, mostly because her forelegs were usually bare. She's not complaining though, nothing matters if it can help stop an undead from infecting her.

Aquilo Breeze

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"I have found

Is sure to fade...

away... again."

Aquilo listened as the briefing was going on. He most definitely knew where the places they were talking about where located without looking at the map, so he just continued to listen on. Something did catch his attention, something he only kept on his mind. The way Voltaire was talking the elements more than the ones who claimed them. He supposed that made sense; to make obtaining the elements top priority, especially in case any of the three ponies were not lucky and became turned. The next topic they brought up was one he wasn't too thrilled about; weapons. As much as he was against killing others, hostile or not, there were many zombies by now overrunning the streets. Even if he took everyone to every backroad and ally way that usually wasn't busy with foot traffic, that more than likely was to be different now. After two of them stated they didn't need weapons, he looked over and saw what everyone had already; A scythe, twin swords, and, one had a huge broadsword. He shook his head some, what were they doing with weapons like these already? He could figure the scythe wielder given her reputation, which seemed like either a very personal, or sadistic choice of weaponry. Aquilo finally spoke up, letting the group hear his voice for the first time now. "I-I suppose I'll take a gun." He said quietly. Even though he said he would take one, his thoughts lead to him only wishing to use said weapon if, and only if necessary. If the plan is to cure every pony; the more they keep alive, the better.

Voltaire notices that everyone is more concerned with weapons. and he opens up his cargo containers. each one is filled to the brim with racks on racks of weapons! He gestures Aquilo over "lets see lets seen?" he walks down the container "here we go Benelli m4 12 gauge shotgun! its light doesn't kick much and i put a modified choke on it so you can adjust the spread!" he says handing him the short light weapon. "and just in case lets get you something you can whack with ... you play baseball?"

Rock walks in and grabs a belt of grenades. "everyone take some grenades or explosives." then he goes to another container  and comes out with a massive 240 g machine gun. with several large magazines attached. He looks to Li an he walks along the pistols and and gets a walther ppk. he comes to Li and says "here take this just in case" even for Li the gun was small and light. she could stuff it in her pocket if she wanted. 

Doc listened to the brief and did a rude gesture to Ember when she said she wouldn't have a gun. Sure he knew it was best that she shouldn't have one; but she was just being rude to fire him up. He walks along and picks up a knife and a long nylon rope. He stops and thinks, his fisticuffs wouldn't work well on zombies. he does a lot of disabling and organ stabbing. "well i am pretty good with an axe." he says having some experience as a woodsman. He grabs an a axe with a steel head and handle and a polymer handle only a few feet long. He gives a few practice swings and nods. grabbing an m16 to match with it. He was certain the chief would be right and if most of his team were more comfortable with close range he could thin out upcoming zombies for them. 

Anu would be left to select what he wanted. Rock did tell him to get some explosives. And he had pretty much anything he wanted in those containers. 

Li was just going to stand by, she really only needed her twin broadswords as she's been using them since her very first kill. She was watching the others get their weapons when the team leader approached her again, handing her a small pocket-sized hand gun. "Thank you" she said, taking it and sticking it between her belt. Guns aren't quiet at all, a single shot would alert then entire area, not an ideal situation for anyone in her line of work. But if the leader gave it to her, it must be for a reason.

While the girl DID avoid the firearms, due to a personal preference to use her Scythe, explosives weren't far from off the table. Reaching in, she found several and, without checking, nor asking what kind, stuffed them into a pocket for the future. One other, the kid-assassin, Castor, also didn't go for a gun by choice. Was she proud of her weapons, honour bound? there were many options that Ember didn't know which one to pick. All she could hope was that she knew how to handle her blade otherwise, well. Ember knew she'd have little choice but to cut her up. She'd rather not, but it wouldn't be the first time. 

The Serial Killer let out a frustrated sigh as she glanced away from the team. She knew the need of preparation, she'd done it when she starting hunting down her victims. But it was boring, and the fire within her veins demanded blood by spilled! She glanced at Aquilo hungrily, mostly at his bite. When would he turn, if at all? Her eyes roamed to every memeber of the team, wondering who would be picked off first. Would it be Doc maybe? She partly hoped not, if only to torment him over the death of another. The girl, with her swords, should be fine. A sly grin ate at her face as she pictured how she'd bring Death upon any of those 'undead', and anyone unlucky enough to become infected. 

Archived