I'm new so hi

starsteemer

Hello! i am starsteemer, but friends call me star, or kalo, i'm fine with either. Obviously i'm new but this website is already looking a hundred times better than the overly restrictive friendshipismagicrpg website. their rules say you can't keep using an npc. what!? their rules sometimes make no sense and seem to limit creativity in the most ridiculous of ways. this site in comparison seems very firm, but not strict to the point of suffocation. rules are there for order and to ensure a good time, not to insure a ridiculous and honestly exclusive standard of canon and high level roleplay. i want to roleplay for fun, not as some sort of uptight professional job!

That being said, i'm no beginner roleplayer, simply new to applying to an official roleplay website. for years i've roleplayed with close friends with things such as creepypasta, scp containment breach, steven universe, fallout and a general free-for-all with no underlying theme or fandom. As a seasoned roleplayer, i'd like to say i'm not harsh or exclusive, rather i like to offer constructive advice and if our styles really don't mesh, i will be upfront about it and encourage exploration for the right partner! 

i can occasionally take on the feelings of my character, i like to get deep into the role, but this absolutely does not mean i AM the character or condone their actions, nor should my characters be treated with fragility due to the assumption my feelings are attached to them. my real emotions make the character seem more realistic, and i encourage interactions that will lead to emotional results. 

I've rambled on a bit much, i will probably tell more about myself in depth once i figure all this out!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ShineRunner said:

How do we level up from Blank Flank? It says to post 3 times, but I've posted way more than that!

When you post three times you gain access to the gallery and editting priveleges. To 'level up' you just have to post. The ranking system doesn't mean a whole lot however and seems to just mark your seniority. 

7 hours ago, starsteemer said:

When you post three times you gain access to the gallery and editting priveleges. To 'level up' you just have to post. The ranking system doesn't mean a whole lot however and seems to just mark your seniority. 

Yeah, but I HAVE posted three times, and although I can edit posts and quote, I can't add to the gallery or post my OC's for review. What should I do?

Archived