11 posts in this topic

@PrinceBlueblood @moonshineTheleocat

---------

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-dbbfadx.png

And so it was Discord was on the hunt once more. For such a peaceful chaos spirit he sure had a sneaky streak. After a bit of fun and games with Slim Chance he had himself a little rest and decided to visit other Canterlonian citizens. Blueblood was his next target. After their winter fling involving spaghetti and flying meatball monsters it was safe to say that he owed the poor noble a normal bowl of pasta. This time the meatballs were not tiny gremlins, but the bowl as a whole made amusing flatulence noises whenever you opened the tupperware.

Pfft.

“Hehehehe. He’ll enjoy that.” The spirit amused himself with the dish. Soon he floated his way to the property in question.

Curling his tail he would give the door a knock twice over before pushing in with a bellow and cheer. “Good evening fellow ponies!” He removed his hat and placed it aside, making sure to scrape his boots, which he suddenly had in the midst of a muggy summer’s day… and tossed them aside henceforth!

1 person likes this

It had not been an easy past few days... or weeks, for the Royal Scion of House Blueblood.  Notwithstanding the extraordinary chaos that passed for ordinary life in Ponyville, which he had found himself involved in through no wish of his own, there were all the normal duties of his Royal Station.  And the latter wasn't made any easier by the time he'd lost as a foal in the middle of the biggest daycare center in Equestria.

*And just when did your life become so busy that a few hours of lost work put you so hopelessly behind?*  Ever since starting IMAGINE, he supposed, and finding himself serving as the official unofficial diplomat of Equestria's interests and ideals.  Piled on top of the normal business of estate management and the social calendar... The normally impeccable stallion was looking a bit frazzled, and everyone in his manor would have been able to see it.  Especially a certain honor guard whom he had criminally little time alone with lately...

"Who can that be?"  Blueblood wondered aloud, in a slightly exasperated tone of voice, to Star Crusader, his top guard and special marefriend.  He'd so been hoping to snatch a precious hour after the work of the day was done to spend with her, but every new visitor shrunk that rare window of time.  But, duty called again.  He couldn't present a rude face to a guest, and went down to greet the newcomer, a polite smile fixed on his face.

Said smile did not so much fade as drain into a puddle upon the floor when he caught sight of his guest.  "Oh, dear..."  He barely moved his lips as he moaned.  What new Tartarus of chaotic magic was he going to be dragged through this time?  Enough to bury him work afterwards for Faust-knew-how-long, for sure.  But, be brave, great Prince!  Fix your eyes and your visage, and step forthrightly to greet Discord!  With a deep breath, he did his best.

"Well, hello again.  To what do we owe the... pleasure, of your visit?"

1 person likes this

As always, the captain of Blueblood’s personal guard personally sought to it that the prince, and her special somepony, would never be left unprotected. The colossal mare possibly built only out of sculpted concrete with steel bones for support stuck by his side at all times. Through his daily washes, yes washes, in the wash room and through nights when he slept. And this day was no different.

When the guest for the moment left the office, Crusader gently closed the door behind him and stalked across the room to give the stallion a loving nuzzle. “No need to concern yourself with worry about spreading your attention onto me,” Crusader said with a soft voice. Though the stoicness was still there and strong, it did soften only a tiny bit. Detectable to those who know her well. There was a small glint of humor in her eyes as her tone shifted in just the slightest way to beg an implication. “When the today spans to the night, the time will come shortly after.”

Though… all of the playfulness the mare had shown was quickly suppressed as her ear picked up a soft thumping noise from down the hall. Her head lifted and her attention turned to the door leading outside of the office. Odd… the next appointment wasn’t due for some ti- then it seems whom ever it was had let themselves in.

The mare frowned and quickly ripped the large shield from her back. You could almost hear the muscles flex under that armor. “Stay behind me sir,” The mare stated gruffly before pushing out the door. She moved her hulking body as effortlessly as a bird may fly through the air. And though her hoof steps were definitely not subtle… she did not look like she was stomping about.

The mare’s head poked around the corner… and her eyes soon narrowed at the sight of a familiar face. With a low sigh, she lifted her shield over her head and replaced it on the magnets that secured it to her back.

“I assume he’s grown bored of tormenting the shy one…” The mare mused. Her eyes scanning the dragonequis’s face for any hint of his intentions. But sadly… that might be a futile effort given how unreadable a chaotic mug could be. And despite relaxing… she did not drop her guard. The Prince remained behind and very close by. And her solid body had already primed the many coils for a devastating punch if needed. “… know this. Unlike Fluttershy, I will not tolerate any ill intent.”

2 people like this

The spirit delighted in playing games from the early morning to late at night. How else did an immortal draconequus entertain himself on the daily? His long, stretched body curled toward the bottom as his tail formed a spring-like shape and settled itself on the ground. He raised his hind legs and folded those equine ears back as his grin pulled back ear to ear at the sight of the two making themselves known. Well it seemed they were a pair of peas in a pod! He held his gift with care: his larger paw on the underside while his claw daintily touched along the top cover to keep the contents from spilling out and the toot noises from expelling before the surprise was set! He snorted at the mare’s words as his mismatched eyes traveled up the behemoth of a pegasus.

“How rude! If you must know madam goliath, Fluttershy much enjoys my delightful company! Besides I am reformed from my antler tip to my tail’s tuf.” He provided proof by wiggling his tail’s fluff puff like a free-formed paw. His eyes drifted toward Blue before he vanished and appeared behind the pair holding out the pasta dish. “Though from my angle -- Blue you look as if you were run over by the very cart that pulls you from statehood to statehood.” He would tease, though the vision of a frazzled patron of goodwill was quite obvious. “Don’t tell me Lulu even drags you about as your eyes have the dark halves of the moon dangling beneath them.” The wordy snake hissed as he floated upside down, crossing his hindlegs and holding out his forelimbs in a shrug.

He always seemed to move from topic to topic with the grace of a cat ambling along a fence’s ledge. The wave he weaved between, in and out of words was quite amazing considering his age, but more over his limited ability to communicate in a way that mortals could more easily comprehend. It was one reason the visual cues of his verbal jabs aided him, whilst his more memetic and rather trope spun words did often leave some groaning. He put his paw and claw to his sides as he rotated to correct his gravitational positioning around the pair.

Such sweet promises of time to spend with Star Crusader after dark were contingent upon the Prince not collapsing in exhaustion immediately after concluding the business of the day.  Which he had, in fact, done so more than once in the past few weeks.  Not that his sleep had been relaxing; too short, for one thing, and such dreams that only served to repeat and exaggerate the cares of his waking hours.  It could not have been any surprise, therefore, that Blueblood could only blink at the antics of the draconeqqus, feeling that he lacked the mental fortitude to deal with the bundle of primeval chaos dropped upon his doorstep.  Thank goodness for a strong mare to lean against, physically and metaphorically.

Not wanting to show too much weakness, it was just a gentle brush against her side, enough to draw a little strength from her.  Getting a hold of himself while Discord bantered against her implied threat, he took a deep breath and answered back.  "I don't think it's Auntie Luna's fault, I've just... been busy."  He looked over at the bowl held out.  "Is that... is it lunchtime already?"  Technically, that had been a full hour ago.  And he'd missed it.  

1 person likes this

Most mares might have been insulted from being called goliath. Some may think it means they are fat. But to Crusader, it meant very little. It could even be a compliment. But she definitely knew that it is what it is. She was a large mare, no shame in that. But she still wasn’t put at ease by the creature’s smooth choice of words and mannerisms. She was still dealing with a creature of chaos, and one that had betrayed good friends at that.

When her eyes spotted the pasta bowl being offered out she reached out with a hoof to gently take the tubberwear. One wing moved to crack the lid open so she could take a peak. Though she was greeted by a very rude ‘PRRRFTT’ noise and a gust of wind strong enough to lift her bangs and nudge her pony tail.

The mare… remained with the lid open as the bowl continued with it’s work. It died in a few seconds… and for one more good measure gave her a final poot before ceasing. And thank faust the norm was not accompanied by the rude sound.

But the mare? The mare remained stoic as ever. The way her facial expression had remained focused, you’d think nothing had happen at all.

“It is spaghetti…”the mare finally said, informatively. Another hoof lifted to reach into her collar to pull out what looks to be a toothpick. She speared a ball, and popped it into her mouth. “… and meat balls.”

Her lips pursed as she closed the lid. “Tofu seems to be the main substance. However other additives are there too for flavor and texture. Beans, beats, small hint of carrot, a little bit of sea weed. And I believe there are some nuts. Pinch of salt-kosure, pepper, and finally traces of rosemary”

She slowly turned around to offer it to the stallion beside her. “If this is your work, well down Discord. I did not expect to see an amount of harmony in a master of chaos.”

Pertaining to such events -- they were indeed a terrible memory. He had never felt so vile. As an immortal being you took pride in your own, personal ego. Despite others finding offense in your ways you always stood above them. His acts beside Tirek had caused him to fall beneath that creature he thought he was. It had all been in good fun, a chance to be chaos in its purest form. Or so he thought. There were many times during the event that he questioned his path, even wondered if he had gone too far. It had been the first time he had worried about the wellbeing of others and the first time he had regretted his actions. Twas never a means to remove that stain, but he could repair it with a better standing, which he suffered to do, albeit in his own way. His efforts were still a bit odd, and mad to those who could not understand him, but they were there.

Discord clasped his paw and claw over his muzzle as the mare was subjected to the meal’s -- humor. Landing down on the ground he settled on all fours, standing at about the height of an adult stallion Earth Pony. Swiveling his ears forward he moved to flop on his rump, settling his forelimbs between his haunches. “Yes, while Miss Star recounts the ingredients… I made it for lunch today and had some left over.” He assured. “At least I forwent the nutmeg.” Though why was that important? He motioned his paw. “I was in the neighborhood actually. Visiting so I thought I’d dropped in. Hadn’t visited since the winter.” ANd goodness he has lost weight, though he would, personally, admit to only dropping that extra layer of feathers.

The pasta did smell quite good and it was freshly made chaos! Nutritious too. Aside from its toots it seemed quite normal. Though not really. Tooting pasta is never normal.

“Goodness Blue you look purple in the face.” He looked to Star. “And as usual you look as if you’re ready to bench press me with your eyebrows. How is your flower arranging by the way? Good?” He settled back and crossed his forelimbs over his chest. “You know I think you need a vacation. Rarity would surely suggest the same thing, perhaps even pay for it, but I can do one better…” He sat back and let his paw stroke over his chin thoughtfully.

The inner part of Blueblood that was common to all stallions, the eternal adolescent, warred with the rest of his elegant self over whether or not he ought to be amused by something so patently juvenile.  He only managed to stifle his laughter, not a puffed-cheek kind of smile.  Even that had only been made possible by the fact that such a wind had brought a far more attractive smell than such sonic explosions tended to be associated with.  In this case, a well-made pasta dish with delicious lumps of protein in it.  

"Ah, excellent!"  He rendered judgment as Star presented him with the dish.  He raised a hoof, and a maid was already approaching with a pair of forks.  Twirling a delicate noodle with a bite of the meatball speared upon the tines, he took his sample, smiling as the harmonious melody of flavors spread across his tongue.  Instantly, his stomach awoke, reminding him of how hungry he was, and spurred him onward to a second and third bite with alacrity!

Once the initial bout of hunger had been dealt with, the Prince sighed, swallowing a bit of sauce lingering behind his teeth.  "Vacation?"  He repeated, as if unfamiliar with the term.  It had honestly been a while since he wasn't busy doing something, either in an official or personal capacity.  And, well, he was getting pretty frazzled, but there was the trouble of leaving things to pile up in his absence...

"Hmm, what do you think?"  He asked Star, unaware that Discord had his own plans, from which Royalty gave him little power to dissuade.

1 person likes this

Star Crusader listened carefully to Discord’s story. And frankly, things seemed to somewhat checkout. The keyword here is somewhat as a being such as he typically never leaves home without a plan for the day. And it was that plan that had Crusader worried. He may have turned a new leaf, but it does not mean that he has changed completely. What might he do with the young prince? Turn him into a frog? As much as Crusader would be willing to test that kiss, she was sure a spell like that wouldn’t simply turn over.

“Benchpress with my eye brows?” The mare asked with a raised brow. It dropped back down as she shook her head, “No. Curl you with my tail.” She seemed to hesitate for a moment. Her tail wiggled a bit, and she made a mental note to exercise that appendage soon. Never know when you need to flagellate a nay-doer with your tail after all.

“And if you must know my gardening is do…..” She paused again, her head visibly recoiling as she detected something off. When did he even… she shook her head. It was probably nothing. He’s likely an omnipotent being… only her thoughts were safe. Fortunately she wasn’t a mare to write things down in a journal. She kept all those nasty fanfictions in her head. Yes sirry.

And when asked about the vacation. The mare thought long and hard. “… the monarch of chaos does have a point. You have been running yourself ragged lately. It would be rude to cancel your appointments… but I am afraid it will be necessary for your benefit.”

The mare then tilted her head to give the stallion an inquisitive look. “If you do plan on taking this vacation,  whom would you like to take care of things? P.Smith, or Sine? P.Smith is very professional and will likely handle things in a clean way. And Sine… well the wild cat appears to be incredibly efficient with dealing with difficult ponies. Or would you like to see if NIles is able to handle his own?”

1 person likes this

Omnipotent or simply not: the spirit did sometimes caught on quickly to a pony's more affluent hobby. It wasn't as if they kept such a thing secret. It was practiced enough to become a clockwork habit you could easily set a watch to. Oh ponies like to think they were secretive, but they were, by far the most predictable and unpredictable in the most paradoxical fashion that delighted the spirit. It was l, indeed, so much fun: he had taken to one of their more disorganized hobbies of Ogres and Oubliettes. Quite a wonderful game of with, chance, and skill. Of which the spirit boasted all three! It was a shame Crusader didn't fall into the trap. She quickly caught onto the leasing words which sought to hook the mare into a gag. Soon Crusader. Soon.

Leave it to Blue to have his aunt's lighter sense of humor. It was something the chimeric serpent could appreciate, but alas he resisted the giggles that are often a result of such a foalish noise. This one was, at least, accompanied by the delightful scent of freshly made pasta! Who could resist such a treat? Discord was no slouch when it came to preparing food either. Consider it a free lesson from Fluttershy where an obnoxious amount of detail went into preparing a meal that was not quite the norm! Tooting pasta at least was a step up from tiny, flying spaghetti monsters. The smug spirit would nearly burst as Blue all but swan do certain into what was, for him, indirect consent to play a game.

Crusader only aides in the influential suggestion. "Oh please, why worry, why wait?!" With a snap of his claws he would manifest another home who looked rather posh. With a white mustache in the place of a curly wizard's beard the opposing, discordian figure was dressed up, all dapper, in a grey suit. He bowed, tipping his bowler cap, cane in his gloves claw. "Leave it to Accord he'll have everything up and running in perfect order in no time." Perfect order seemed just as dangerous as pure chaos.

The spirit would appear floating between mare one and stallion two. His paw would rest on Blue, who seemed.ro enjoy the pasta, and his claw rest on Star's shoulder, his eyes pinching up in amusement. He curled back and clapped his paw and claw together before sliding his paw back against his skull creating a most delightful pompadour of blond that was shaped like a cannon and stiff enough to balance a bagel. The spirit was than bound in a noodle fitting, leopard print one piece suit of spandex. Setting a headset microphone onto his skull the draconequus was ready to open the way.

"Please. Leave it to me. You'll need naught but the noses on your face." Were they so inclined to not step from the path of his magical snap: they would be stripped, with gusto, of their current cloth and armorment for more relaxing wear (though it wouldn't be of any surprise if for Crusader relaxing meant keeping them).

The spirit reached up and grabbed the walls of existence.

“Welcome to Hoofston Paradise! The world of a thousand and one follies, lollies and lick ‘em lollies!” He would manifest a giant lollipop and hand it to Blue. “Here where, in its center, a magic fountain flows non stop manifesting dreams of wine, mares, stallions, and all manner of enjoyable games, events, and parties all night long! Start licking your envelopes little fillies because this realm will have you writing back home non stop with all the off the wall events!”

As he pushed away the curtain it would be revealed to the two a world beyond a world they had ever imagined yet it was a place within Equus, the draconequus claimed, a land far away, a paradise within a paradise! It all could have been hot air, because something certainly blew them in a southerly direction to the equatorial suana of twin suns, heat and magic. The skies were a deep green and the seas as clear as glass with a beach of black sand that left a hoof feeling warm and miraculously relaxed. They were approached by an entourage of gigantic equine: ponies that seemed more horses with their robust figures and straining muscles meant for the beach. These glorious beach bums would grace the Stallion and his maiden with a garland of lei with various ginger, jasmine and orchid blossoms to welcome their guests. They would be presented with a kiss on the cheek, were they to not squirm away and loudly cheered on as they were met with song and a warm, festive welcome.

"Welcomed by your hosts, natives to Hoofston Paradise!" The spirit declared loudly into his microphone.

When the sea of bodies would, eventually part, the two would be graced with the sight of many other ponies, long, and many other races who have taken to the vacation realm. Some had wholly become part of the local backdrop with flower-print shorts and a mare, or stallion were that their given preference, on each side. We're they to look behind them -- the curtains had closed and the manor? Well it was gone, or at least they were.

The mental image of Star Crusader curling Discord with her tail brought a smile to the Prince's lips.  He didn't doubt in the least that she was capable of it, and he very much admired her amazonian capabilities.  Said good mood was also enough to enable him to seriously consider the idea of a vacation.  "Hm, well... I wish I had planned it out beforehand; it's a lot to dump on Psmith at such short notice, but... you're right.  I am wearing out.  But if we're going on a trip, I would insist on nothing too strenuous, I doubt I'd be capable of sailing even without a couple of days R & R.  Still, I would say I'm up for it.  Niles should be able to handle himself, if Sine doesn't try to wrestle him again."  Said musteline companion was currently sunning himself on the balcony upstairs, setting an example for his equine friend.

As soon as assent was given, Discord immediately followed through.  No time to leave notes or anything; one could only hope his 'Accord' persona would leave at least some clue to Blueblood's household that he had not been kidnapped against his will for sinister purposes.  Again.  Although, that pompadour was not to be trusted, in his opinion.  He wasn't quite sure what to do with the lolly when he was handed it; he felt like an utter fool holding it about like an overgrown colt.

All feelings of self-consciousness were to dissolve with the walls of reality, however, once he got a true glimpse of what Hoofston Paradise was.  It resembled the coastal beachscapes of the Gallopagos, for sure, but the natives!  He'd never seen a collection of robust beauties and handsome hunks in one place before.  Perhaps these were the true ancestral lands of whatever genetic line Star Crusader drew her own looks from.  In either case, he was more than happy to allow himself to be welcomed in the local style, taking a deep flower-scented breath, allowing the heat to begin to soak into him, relaxing his tight muscles and letting his mane down.  "This... honestly, it's perfect.  Congratulations; I have to admit, I didn't expect this from you."