A Chance Encounter [Open Invitation]

PecanPraline

Trax tilted his head to the side, "What were you late for Dimitri?" He asked simply, his cold steel blue eyes held a steady gaze on Dimitri, like a wolf starring down a cornered rabit.

Sun lit up her horn, conjuring a floating orb of light, "This might help."

Seven dipped his gratefully, "Thank you Lass, I am truly grateful." He said quickly before rushing did down the road.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dimitri returned his gaze evenly. "I has loaning something to a friend of mine. He said he really needed it, so even though I was in a hurry, I paused to help him."

"Okay... We'll have to move quick. This is gonna be breaking and entering..." He looked around before carefully kicking right beside the knob. There was a loud crack as the door bounced open, and he hurried inside.

The road she had pointed down was quiet. No sign of anypony awake. Which wouldn't have been strange if this were anywhere but Canterlot. Somehow, everypony seemed to be asleep with their lights out already.

Trax raised an eyebrow curiously, "Black clothing matching this piece of cloth? Or cologne? PlayPony X?"

Sun teleported in front of him with a sly smirk, "Darling your cute. I practically helped write the book on breaking and entering." 

Seven glanced around, "I don't recall Canterlot being so quiet, even at this late. Hmmm." He wanted to go knocking on doors, but technically he didn't have any authority, it would be rude on his part if these ponies were sleeping. Then, remembering what was at stake, he sucked in a big breath and marched up to the nearest door. "Please be useful." He said encouragingly to himself before he knocked three times.

Dimitri blinked and looked at the piece of fabric. "Yes, this exactly! I can't believe Trotter tore my coat!" He snorted in annoyance, then his look changed to confusion. "Wait, aren't you looking for a filly? You're not suggesting Trotter was involved...?"

Eagle frowned, then leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "I know, that's the problem. If ponies find out you were involved, they might try to twist it around to look like you're just returning to your old ways. If we get caught, you need to hide, and I'll take the fall. I've been a guard for years, and it's my niece missing. They'll be more understanding with me. Okay?"

There was a very long silence at the door. Finally, it was answered by a cranky-looking old stallion. "What?!" He yelled, clearly irritated by the noise this time of night.

"No longer suggesting, thanks to you, we now have a prime suspect. Where does Trotter live?" Trax asked sternly, his muscles began to tighten as he relished in finally getting a good lead.

Sun rolled her eyes, "Fine, lets find something useful in this place and get out of here."

Seven dipped his head apologetically, "Pardon me Good Sir, I am looking for a pony wearing a black trench coat carrying a small filly, have you by chance seen any pony matching this description?"

"Why, he's a Royal Guard," Dimitri said, still looking taken aback.

Eagle nodded and started looking around the place for clues, trying his best to stay in Sun's beam of light. He caught sight of a long black coat and moved forward to examine it, his hoof trailing along the bottom hem until he found a piece that was torn. "So this was what they were wearing... But why leave it in the open like this?"

"No! And nopony should be out this time of night either!" he slammed the door in Seven's face.

Trax went wide with furry, "A Filly's life is at stake you fool, where does he live?" He growled loudly.

Sun paused, the dawning realization caught her like Drops arrow, "Eagle, I have a bad feeling about this....."

Seven's shoulders shrunk down in defeat, "Dag Nabit, way to go Seven, way to go..." He said solemnly as he backed away from the door.

Gilded put a hoof on Trax's shoulder, though it was shaking slightly, to pull him back from the cowering pony. "He means that Trotter lives in the guard barracks, like Eagle." He then lowered his hoof and bowed his head "Thank you for your help."

Her bad feeling was utterly warranted as a bright light moved past the window along with the sound of many hooves. An authorative voice yelled into the hallway "Come out now, with your wings or horns where they can be seen!" Eagle froze and let out a word that normally he wouldn't say in front of a lady.

"Uh, excuse us?" a voice called from the window above him. A mare and a younger colt were looking at him from the window above. "Sorry about granpa, he's a grumpy sort. But Aspen saw the person you're looking for, right?" The mare asked. Her little brother nodded.

"I was taking out the trash when I saw him. He told me to 'go inside, or else', and then he ran towards the Castle."

Trax whirled around, "We're going back to the Castle, now." He said sternly, he paused to look back, "Thank you for your help." He added briskly, his anger towards Trotter overshadowing his true gratitude towards Dimitri and Golden.

Sun stood still as her magic light dimmed out, her mind raced with thoughts as she peiced everything together, "Eagle.... I think the Kidnapper is a Royal Guard, think about it, two Thieves break into the Castle and suddenly they're given just as much Authority as a Royal Guard?" 

Seven dipped his head in thanks, "Thank ya kindly little ones, be safe." He said thankfully before running down the street. 

In the Castle, Stryker backed up from the evidence board, "Somethings not right about all this...." He sat down and glanced around, his eyes resting on the Guard Roster for tonight. "Hmm Trotter didn't check in... Odd, He's never been late before."

Archived