-Enforcer states: Online-

-Implants states: Online-

-ERROR: failed to content to ECCM-

-ERROR: failed to content to CCNW-

-Offline mood engaged, follow standing directive-

-Directive: content to ECCM, CCNW. Irrelevant to primary directive given.-

-New directive: deploy the anchor at break. Unknown ware break is-

-New directive: locate break, gather info to narrow search window.-

Lightning Dust winched in pain for a moment as her eyes opened, the walls of text fading away from her field of view. She… Was crying? Was she? She was upset about something. Irrelevant. Looking around she started documenting the world around her. Green… Trees… blue sky. It was fit for life, just like she was told. Her home use to look like this in days long ago, “forests” were common place books say. She wondered why someone will care so much as to plant so many trees and water them. Seemed like a lot of work when you can just scrub the air faster and better than they can. Looking to the city before her she documented it as a small one, crude and on the dirt like old times. No flying transports or cargo ships can be seen, little to no industrial output can be seen. Waste of space and workers but a fine starting point for her work, leaving the smoking crater in the ground she takes to the skies.

Up close the city looked worthless. She was no city development team but the layout was worthless, wasted space, useless buildings, useless intermixing of districts as ponies walked about wasting time. Ware are the overlords to keep the workers working? This world was going to be easy to take over and improve. But for now she must find more info about this world. Where to start? Scanning the streets below she spotted a pony in blue, he was enforcing some laws on some of the workers it seems. This world's Enforcers? Only one way to know. She dives down, slamming into the sidewalk it shatters under her legs as dust and concrete is kicked up. The cop did not even get time to understand what happened as she grabbed his head in her claws, forcing his muzzle shut as he flailed and did all he can to remove himself but it was too late, she already had him gravity locked to her claws. She looked over at the earth pony he was giving a ticket too. “I am Enforcer LDEL6370, I demanded to know where the ECO of this city is found.” She asked in a cold almost robotic tone as the cop let out muffled screams as dozens of small black tendrils forced their way inside of his nose as they emerged from around the base of her leg.

“Unless you wish to have me remove what I want by force, it’s painful.” She added with without a hint of remorse as the cop flailed and shivered as if he was having a seizure as she started digging around his brain for useful info. He’d live, but he’d not be himself for some time… Heroes? A wave of news, stories and everything this cop knew about them flooded in to her. This… This was fascinating. Far more than whatever the whimpering earth pony was saying to her. From what this cop knew they may be a danger to her and her the directive…

-New directive: locate a “hero” and study for risk to directive-

So she must. Dropping the cop in a heap she looked around the city and all the onlookers as her wings opened up. “Thank you Officer Hot Coffee, you will be recommended for Enforcer training.” She says to the twitching and whimpering cop as she took to the skies. She must find a hero and Skull Jack them, the risk they may give to her directive was far too great to risk not learning about them now. Now… Where to find one.

Adventivia was strolling along on her journey across Equestria. She'd been making good progress so far, and was learning a lot about what being a hero meant to different ponies. As an added benefit, ponies were also becoming gradually less afraid of her as word spread faster than she could. She took out her map once more, deciding which town she should visit next, when suddenly there was a loud crack of thunder. It made Adventivia jump upright, dropping her map. She began scanning the skies searching for the source of the thunder. "That's weird," she thought, scanning lower and lower for some sign of a dark cloud, "where'd that thunder come from?" Eventually, her eyes were scanning the horizon, and off to her left she saw a large plume of dust starting to rise. "What in the...?" She began, when she saw a figure flying away.

Unsure of whether it was a hero or villain, Adventivia figured her best bet was to find out first hand. "Hey!" She yelled as loud as she could, waving her viney hooves to flag down the flyer, "What's going on in that city? Is everything okay?" She waited for a response. With luck, she wouldn't be making another mistake.

A plant pony, the work of bio-magitech it was commonly used by some of the mega crops to make cheap workers. But this was not such a thing and as such, fascinating. It must be documented and see if it was related to the ‘hero’ class of ponies here. Looping back around she lands hard in front of the living plant and studies it before speaking. “bio-magitech life from? No marks of ownership or magitech. Explain yourself.” She asked, her tone cold and uncaring. “Added wanted info: are you a ‘hero’ if not, ware may ‘heros’ be found? Explain or have wanted date removed by force.” She holds her left leg up as tendrils flow out around her three ‘fingers’ at the end of the leg ware a hoof may belong. She did not know if the Skull Jack can even work on a plant, it may be worth trying for testing data to feed back to other Enforcers when the army's arrive.

Adventivia covered her face when the being crashed in front of her, shielding her face from the dust and debris, a learned habit of hers from watching ponies that were actually affected by it. When she was able to see what exactly had landed in front of her she saw what appeared to be some sort of cyborg pony. She'd heard of many ponies that augmented themselves with suits of metal, or more direct implants, and had even worked with a few. This pony, however, was very odd. Even the way she spoke seemed out of the ordinary. “bio-magitech life from? No marks of ownership or magitech. Explain yourself. Added wanted info: are you a ‘hero’ if not, ware may ‘heros’ be found? Explain or have wanted date removed by force.” 

"Bio-magi wha? Ownership?" Adventivia began, trying to make sense of everything while slowly backing away from the black tentacles, "What do you think I am? Some kind of house plant? Yeah, I'm a hero, but who, and what, are you?" "And what does she mean by 'removed by force'?Adventivia pondered, not really wanting to know the answer to that question. She shuddered just thinking what the cyborg planned to do with the tentacles. Was it some form of telepathy? Or, more like mind control? Either way, she had a feeling her luck just turned bad......again.

“Marked: you are now a ‘hero’. I am LDEL6370, Lieutenant First Class Enforcer of CDSM, your world is being seized for it’s resources. Inform me of all dangers ‘hero's’ pose to me and my work, helping will be documented and may allow you a free class two housing cell for helping CDSM and it’s Enforcers. Failing to help will make you a risk and rebel to exterminate.” Lightnings tone never shifted or changed, start to end it sounded like she was just reading something of a paper to the plant mare and did not care what she did as in truth, Lightning did not care WHAT the plant thing did. She just watched her with a cold uncaring look as if the mare before her was nothing more than another brick in a stone wall.

She pondered just Skull Jacking the plant then and there, but the risk of it doing nothing and making the plant more unwilling to work with her made her hold back for now. So long as it behaved and did as it was asked she will withhold the risk. But part of her did hope she got to try it out... Ware was a plants brain after all?

Adventivia cautiously listened to the Cyborg, who said she was LDEL6....something something. Adventivia didn't quite catch, or remember, the whole thing, so she'd just call her L for now. Adventivia had never heard of this 'CDSM' place L was talking about, but with the mention of seizing the world for resources and extermination if she didn't cooperate she didn't think it was as friendly a place as Equestria. "What should I do?Adventivia pondered, "If I help her, she says I'll get some kind of 'house cell', but what even is that? Like, a jail cell? No. That's not what a hero would do. But.....what can I do? She seems to trust me. I could tell her how strong heroes are! But....then she'll come back with strong people to fight us with. If I tell her heroes are really weak though.......ugh, then she could start attacking everypony she meets! What if I...." Adventivia trailed off in her mind, having thought up the perfect solution.

"Sure!" Adventivia said gleefully, "I'll help you. I don't know what kind of work you're talking about, but if you want to know more about heroes then the only way I can tell you is to teach you what it means to be a hero. From this day forward, you're my apprentice!" She said with a determined look on her face that showed confidence, pointing a hoof at L. If this plan didn't work out for her she'd probably have to resort to plan B: subdue the villain.

Lightning for a moment almost laughed but whatever she found funny in that moment was shut down and replaced with the overwhelming need to do her duty. “That is not useful and time wasting.” She says in that same cold, uncaring tone but this time, she was grinning. “We will skip ahead too where the apprentice kills the master, your combat data will be useful for assessment of “hero” power.” The tendrils pull back up inside her leg as the SMG mounted on the side hums to life as her grin grows into a full on smile as the combat drugs bult in to her are administered. It is good to do as she is told. The CEO knows best… All in the way must be removed. She is in the way. Remove her. ‘Why?’ Good Enforcers do as told. CEO knows best… He is god… Remove her.

Lightning hasted for a moment, flashes of her brief moment of freedom struggling to crawl back up as the implants try to force it back down. They felt weaker, without being linked to the headquarters she can force it back some, if only for a moment. “P-please run!” Is all she can yelp out before she opens fire with one mounted SMG as the need to follow orders becomes overwhelming. Good Enforcers follow orders. 

lMwqBeN.jpg

"EXCUSSEZ MOI!!" A voice suddenly shouted as a mare zipped in front of lightning only be come completely riddles with the stranger with holes from the magical bolts. The pony in question who'd just been struck down by the unrelenting firepower looked rather... odd. She had one elongated fang coming from her muzzle and while Lightning had a moment to see her face she'd notice her sclera were yellow almost as if jaundiced while her pupils and irises were a vibrant red! The newcomer stood in place for a few seconds perfectly still and then fell over backwards into Adventivia. A wiggle of her nose seemed to show she was till alive, alive enough to actually stand back up and rub at her snout. "Oh goodness sorry! Couldn't keep that act up. Not sure what it is about you, Mademoiselle Vert, but you make my nose itch like crazy! Anyway, Name's Dissonance!"

Whether either party in this conflict responded to her introduction, Dissonance would open her mouth and suddenly bite into her hoof. While the holes were still in her it was now obvious that she was not bleeding, biting her own limb with that tooth of hers didn't seem to produce any either. She sucked in a deep breath and then blow harshly into her own foreleg, It looked like she suddenly ballooned up and the swell of air inside traveled down to her midsection where all the openings in her form just... popped back together! "Good as new!" 

A loud "ZIP!" sound filled the air as the curious looking, pony seemed to disappear only to poke her head out form behind Lightning's backside and poke at one of her legs, producing a metallic tapping sound. "Who made you, E'tranger? They must be ridiculously rich to afford all this metal finery!" The tapping only grew more frequent as soon another hoof began to probe Lightning's metal components until she found a spot that was soft and went wide eyed, "Wow! I guess you weren't made! You were um... Upgraded is the polite term, right? It's clear you've got some soft spots here and there!" Dissonance wasn't too good of a fighter and really against this kind of tech there was only so many counters she could come up with... and she'd left most back home, the silly toon-mare. She could however audibly voice some of her discoveries to the other empowered individual... the plant pony still nearby. Given her own 'skillset' she could potentially distract this robopony while her leafy looking compatriot came up with a plan of subduing her. Flying by the seat of your pants could be such a drag!

• 1 year later...

Archived