The Mysteries of Hollow Shades [CLOSED]

599b4d4d7284c59350eb5d31e70c8bea.png

Credit to  Wilvarin-Liadon for the artwork. 

Hollow Shades, a secluded little hamlet snugly sandwiched between the Foal Mountain range and the range of mountains extending from Neighagra Falls. Hollow Shades Is a village of mystery and strange occurences, though it's denizens are used to such things. Ghosts seen between the trees, voices heard at night, things that go missing without explanation, all of these occurences are easily shrugged off by it's inhabitants, comprised of one of the largest public populations of Aerion with Unicorn, Pegasi and Earth ponies in the minority. 

But now these strange occurences are becoming more frequent, more manevolent. Nightmares plague the simple town, illnesses previously completely undocumented and unheard of are springing up, and worst of all ponies are going missing. Those who stray off the lit paths, those who stay out at night, have mysteriously disappeared. Perhaps more disturbingly, it's mostly the bat ponies who have been dissapearing due to their tendency to be awake at night. Citizens are getting restless, tourists have slowed because of the rumors, and the townspeople are looking for help to this malign problem. 

Whether they're here to help this frightened village or just passing through, Hollow Shades needs brave ponies or even non-ponies who will lend a helping hoof, or claw to this malicious mystery. 

(Warning: May contain horror, racism, possibly gore, I'm undecided on what to include but i intend on making this creepy. Racism would be watered down and exactly as it's depicted in the show, such as misunderstandings and stereotyping which frequently happens in MLP:FiM)

I don't want to put a limit on this, but i also don't want too many people to be clogging it up or holding back the rp because one person doesn't answer for a few days. So i'll say at most 4 people can join, after that you must ask to join.

I want this roleplay to not stagnate, so i ask that a reply be submitted within 24 hours, or the next person will go ahead and reply. If you have some sort of event that will cause you to be missing for a day or two, simply let everyone know and the roleplay will be put on hold, but no more than a week. After which, replies will continue. 

1. Starsteemer - Golden Glow

2. AllScrewsLoose - Solarline

3. PecanPraline - Comet Dash

4. PyroBlaze - Zola

5. Vertigh0st - Geode

The roleplay thread

He looks very unique out of most other oc's, i can't wait to see him in action! I'll keep this interest check up for a couple days and if no one else has answered, i'll go ahead and start the roleplay! although im a little impatient so maybe sooner

34 minutes ago, starsteemer said:

Spot has been reserved! I'll wait for you to get your thing filled out so i can link it for easy access, and in case anyone else wants to join in the meantime!

It has been done!

Excellent! Now the actual roleplay can probably be started and if one last person wishes to join, they are free to do so ! If any of you have ideas or questions this is the thread for that! For the roleplay I'll go by whoever gets there first is the order we go in. For instance, i start the roleplay so i'm first, then say pecanpraline gets there second, then allscrewsloose then pyroblaze replies last, then that is the order. 

Not a proper suggestion, nor am I asking for spoilers but...is there any cosmic horror involved in this soup? I am asking because I  am a self proclaimed cosmic horror expert and really love, for example, mister Lovecrafts' works. 

Just interested because you mentioned cults n' stuff.

13 minutes ago, AllScrewsLoose said:

Not a proper suggestion, nor am I asking for spoilers but...is there any cosmic horror involved in this soup? I am asking because I  am a self proclaimed cosmic horror expert and really love, for example, mister Lovecrafts' works. 

Just interested because you mentioned cults n' stuff.

what, and miss the chance to use horrifying monsters and tentacles? Of course there's cosmic horror! And if you ever wanna throw in a sidequest concerning any ideas from that area, feel free to post it in the OOC! you don't gotta spoil every idea, just let people know the basics of what your planning so noone is annoyed if their character is suddenly smacked by a tentacle

Everyone remember that if a reply hasn't been sent within 24 hoursof the first reply (mine) then the next person will get to reply! I may end up shortening this time, for now i want to be sure everyone has a chance to reply before forcing the issue

Archived