Official Discussion Thread - S07E18 Daring Done?

tacobob

jM35WvI.png?1

Will This Be Daring Do's Last Adventure?

While Pinkie Pie is reading the local paper, Rainbow Dash is shocked to learn that the next Daring Do book will be the last as the author, A.K. Yearling, plans to retire. Knowing that Yearling really is Daring Do, this must mean that Daring Do will stop adventuring.Even more worldbuilding continues!  The episode aired on Youtube way to freaking early, and then later on Saturday 11:30 AM EST on September 9th!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk

I really enjoyed this episode. This one had another connection to the comics.  One I just downloaded to my Nook, but for some reason, it refuses to open. Ugh

Spoiler

Liked the Egyptian ponies. The back-story that used hieroglyphs...And yeah, you never really see heroes help those they run over during their adventures. The poor fruit cart vendors. The two guys carrying the sheet of glass across the street. The taxi-cab driver who gets his taxi snatched by the hero during a chase.

And we also got a cute Sphinx.

Someone did a dub of her scene to show what she might have sounded like

My only real quibble what that Rainbow had to play a damsel when she could have A: Flown away. B: Kicked the crap out of  Caballeron's goons. Also, the "MLP: Legends Of Magic #5" comic takes place after this episode.

Spoiler

I really didn't understand this episode till near the end.  Overall, though the general plot was weak, the moral at the end (that all actions have consequences, even heroic ones) mostly made up for it.  This episode is slightly above average, but only because I expected more 'action and excitement' in any Daring Do story.

Archived