RUMOR: Season 2 coming in September???

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/r ... month.html

So according to this article, on September 19th, Episode 1 of Friendship is Magic Season 2 will air. It has this plot: Discord has escaped from prison, and Twilight and company must get the Elements of Harmony together once more.

Before you say "This is the best news ever" or something of the sort, keep in mind it is just a rumor. I'm calling "load of bunk" until proof is given.

According to the article (which was conveniently updated), an animator of the show (Sabrina Alberghetti (or however you spell her name)) confirmed it. Of course, I'm not sure about it, but this rumor just might be true.

Discuss.

Wow...

If "MULTIPLE people from the FiM team have confirmed the title/description of the episode" like ED says, I'm going to have to assume that part is legit. Doesn't say the date is confirmed though.

They're going back to something similar to the pilot then? I"m actually all in favor of that. I loved the pilot. Sounds awesome.

I just expect things to be delayed when ever I see unspecific release dates.

And I don't know where the 19th date comes from, but the linked Equestria Daily entry says the 17th, which is a Saturday, obviously.

I'm going to say now that this is probably legit.

I thought they were saying the 17th? I have to say though, whenever it comes out, I'm looking forward to it. This Discord guy sounds really interesting!

I mean, I had thought I was going to have to wait until December or something...

Most new shows on all networks premiere in the Fall. I thought we'd have to wait until December too before remembering that.

Discord? my god a villain! Oh I hope they keep him past two episodes! :evil: but I don't what some slapstick villain like must kid shows do. By all that is evil make him mad ass! :scream:

hi hi

I must say I'm a bit nervous. The description makes it sound an awful lot like episodes 1 and 2, and I should like to think that the writing team hasn't run out of ideas yet.

Eh, I'm not too worried. Good writers can do completely different things with similar setups, and this team has yet to really let me down.

Besides, with a premise as basic as the heroes banding together to defeat some villain, I think there's definitely more than just one way to make it interesting.

hi hi

I may be a bit nervous, but I'm not too worried. I don't think my concerns are very well founded, but they're still hanging around in the corners. I'm certainly not going to assume the worst, if anything, I'm probably going to have to try to keep my excitement from preventing me from enjoying it for what it is.

Also, while I don't think a recurring villain would be a bad thing, I hope they don't decide to pull the "balance of good and evil," thing. Don't much care for the trope, as it stems from a concept of morality that I don't care for at all. In my estimation, morality is too complicated to fit into easy black and white, one or the other kinds of frames.

So far they've done a good job of keeping their morals sophisticated and avoiding many modern fallacies. (like when Fluttershy said "I'm so frustrated I could just scream," and then did, I was worried that she was going to say "yes, I do feel a little better," because that is a common misconception about anger management.)

The first episode of season 2 is part 1 of a 2-parter.

The link below leads to a half-written leaked script of that episode. The script was leaked months ago, so the actual script/episode might have changed things since then and it doesn't spoil the second part/episode. Still, for those of you who are really curious for Season 2 stuff, feel free to check the screencap.

Spoiler filter and no hyper-linking just in case. :)

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9985/1313985624358.png

The link below leads to a half-written leaked script from several months ago. The actual script/episode might have changed things since then and it doesn't spoil the second part/episode, but for those of you who are really curious for Season 2 stuff, feel free to check the screencap.

Spoiler filter and no hyper-linking just in case. :)

I, good Brony, refuse to read this. :)

I would imagine though that they would try and get out the DVD set, assuming such a set will come out, before the start of the next season. I dunno but maybe the date might not be 100% legit.

Still, I hope its September 17, that would be so awesome :kissy: Especially if they release them on iTunes so that I can get them through there too.

Really looking forward to it although I am a bit nervous about it, and excited at the same time. Perhaps the worst combo there is.

The link below leads to a half-written leaked script of that episode. The script was leaked months ago, so the actual script/episode might have changed things since then and it doesn't spoil the second part/episode. Still, for those of you who are really curious for Season 2 stuff, feel free to check the screencap.

Spoiler filter and no hyper-linking just in case. :P

nb4 Nightmare X Discord, lol