MLP Movie discussion (major spoilers)

starsteemer

SO I am so excited to talk about this movie because so much has been discovered! the lands of the mysterious south have been revealed and now there are several things that are canon!

1) Breaking your horn is probably not such a rare occurence. We see Tempest shadow recount her story of being attacked by an ursa major as a filly, busting her horn. This isn't something significantly hard to do! Plenty of monsters exist in equestria and can bat ponies around like playthings! 

2) Anthropomorphic sentient beings! Cats and birds and fish that are sentient and walk on two legs, A whole nother society and culture, a kingdom undiscovered!

3) The hippogriffs! They are amazing, i love their design and their ingenuity, i just hope they don't remain sea ponies because i love their hippogriff designs! I hope eventually we can learn about their original home, the story behind their self-exile and their culture and city! 

4) The emotions! God, the animation had such beautiful subtle expressions and movements, and twilight snapping at her friends, her friends ACTUALLY trying to put twilight in her place! Such raw emotion and depth! 

5) LIKE THREE OF THE SONGS ARE VERY VERY VERY GOOD. I ****ing loved Capper's song, Rainbow's song about being awesome, and Tempest Shadow's villainy song! Beautifully sung and executed and i am smitten! I'll be listening to them for days! 

6) THIS MOVIE GOT DARK. This is the main thing i want to discuss, because there have been some things revealed that are pretty mindblowing for the world of equestria! The stormking enslaves the ponies, and while i loved that to no end we have seen it before with King Sombra. No, what i want to talk about is the society in the badlands, where slavery is apparently extremely common. Makes you wonder how many equestrians were kidnapped by them. Did you see the stall where one guy was selling unicorn horns? UNICORN HORNS. Think about it, they either had to KILL a unicorn for those or cut the horns of kidnapped unicorns off. That's goddamn dark as hell!

I'm extremely fascinated by this black market of slavery and stolen horns, and supremely pleased that is it now CANON that dark and realistic situations, people and places exist in our candy coated land of pastel ponies! Equestria isn't as happy and carefree all around as once thought, and tragedies DO occur in this realm! Hell, Capper is suffering from debt and if that isn't dark and realistic, what is? The hippogriffs were forced from their city, the badlands are under the thumb of a tyrannical king, slavery and tragedy exists NOT JUST IN THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE but this stuff was happening day-to-day in equestria! While ponies lived their lives, someone couldve been kidnapped, horn chopped off and sold to the badlands to pull carts and do manual labor or perform for the upright inhabitants! 

I am pleased to no end that a darker reality has been realized, and i'm ecstatic for the roleplay possibilities! Face it people, My Little Pony may be a show for little girls, but it is NOT free from the horrors of reality. 

Archived