Official Discussion Thread - S07E22 Once Upon a Zeppelin

tacobob

RE7kxZF.png?1

In this episode, Twilight Sparkle and her family's cruise vacation is actually a themed vacation where ponies have paid for the privilege of spending time with her, and she must please both her family and the cruise attendees.The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on October 7th!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk!

I liked this one. It's not an episode I'd re-watch though...

Spoiler

Wow. We finally get to go on an airship! Nice to have an episode with Twilight's family.  Nice to see Iron Will.

1. Interesting to see that Twi's dad is the nerd in the family, while her mother is the ADVENTURER.

2.I kind of felt bad for Star Tracker. He seems to be a decent sort of guy. Probably lonely. And Twilight traumatizes the heck out of him. And also hooves really freaking hurt when they hit yah.

FarzIZt.png?1

3. We get a new sport. BABY STACKING!

g2bcgG1.jpg?1

4. And loved the bit with the kid and her horrifying Cadance mask.

5. One question. Wonder who was flying the ship after Iron Will fled from the angry mob?

Spoiler

This episode was a lot of fun for me!  Not only did we see the Return of Iron Will, but now we get to experience "Iron Will -- Con Man."  There were a lot of 'mini' fun scenes too, like the ones @tacobob mentioned above.  However, for me, the evolution of Iron Will was the 'star' of the show, especially when he announced there was no longer a 'satisfaction guaranteed' agreement with the passengers as he bailed out of the zeppelin.  Seems Iron Will had learned a thing or two from his last encounter with Fluttershy.  And of course, gotta love all of his goats he had onboard!  And if you noticed, Iron Will quickly abandoned his goat friends when he 'left' too!   WOW!  Talk about 'getting your goat'!   Anyway, great episode, a LOT better than average!

Archived