[Open] A real headcase.

Switchback

Lens steps off the train into Ponyville, donning his sunglasses in the gentle warmth of the often pleasant weather of the idyllic town, hard to imagine how many times it had nearly been destroyed by one thing or another, but if there was one thing he knew well, it was how quickly buildings could spring up from nothingness. He wanders along the platform towards the town, taking out the note that was slipped through his letterbox in Los Pegasus, in which it simply read 'Ponyville, important, reward.' he rubs his head as he begins down towards the main street into town.

Of course on the way through he stopped to marvel at the majesty of some of the more known buildings, the castle for a quick gaze, after all, even with shades, a quick glance was all that was safe for that building in the sun. He then stopped to buy a snack at Sugarcube Corner, and took notice of the boutique as he passed it, all the time focusing on nothing but trying to find something, anything, that could be out of the ordinary or reason to deliver a note in person rather than sending a letter, the whole thing seemed off, but it could be so many possibilities; a childish prank, a business competitor wishing to meet in the open, or what he feared most: a genuine crisis.

Kojo was a bit... lost... as to what to do now, at any rate. This was a new sensation for him, and to tell the truth, he didn’t much care for it. The diminutive dragon sighed to himself as he wandered Ponyville, his work complete for now and nowhere to go that needed help. 

He paused in his wandering though, as he caught sight of someone else who appeared to be wandering too. Kojo approached the stallion with the shades, smiling at him. 

“Well howdy! Don’t think ah’ve seen ya about town before, ya new round here?” He asked, stopping in front of the stallion and giving a wave. “Ah’m Kojo, by the by. Who’re you?”

lore_weaver_by_kitsune85-dbkqr49.png

Spoiler

Yep, back! 

I was another great in Ponyville as Lore Weaver, the Royal Ponyville Library's resident librarian, was on his way to lunch. Thing had been fairly routine for the unicorn now that he got his new job, well... other than that little confession he said to Princess Twilight. But no harm no foul. As he made his way to the market, the stallion saw something unique: a dragon. Ok, so maybe not that unique as Lore was accustomed to seeing Spike around the castle and library. And there was also that Princess dragon who came to Ponyville a short time ago. This one looked like he was unsure of himself wandering aimlessly around the street. The dragon was soon accompanied by a pony, one Lore wasn't quite sure was a mare or a stallion at first glance. As the unicorn moved in closer, his ears perked up hearing that the dragon was lost.

"Hello there," Lore said approaching the two, "Kojo, was it? I'm Lore Weaver, Ponyville's librarian. You look a little lost. I've been living for for a couple years now in this town. Need help finding somewhere or someone?"

Not wanting to snub the pony wearing the sunglasses, Lore took a chance on this one's gender and said, "Hello...sir. Are you lost, too?" 

Lens nearly walks straight into the small dragon, just stopping as he hears it speak, he looks around himself first before down at the dragon, listening to what he had to say with vague interest. "New would imply I'm here to stay, I am just here on business, and I'm not overly interested in friend making whilst here." he remarks, which was partially true; he was always up for making friends who could help him in his work, but rare species tended to also draw adventure in, and being a walking danger magnet was enough for him. "Name's Lensblot."

Suddenly he finds that a pony was also making his way over to them, just about to dismiss the two and be on his way, when something the pony said caught his ear; a librarian, and a fact known to all the best investigators was that when you wanted to learn secrets and information, you go to a librarian. "Actually I was about to head to the library to browse citizen archived letters. It is a situation of utmost importance, and I'm sure even if they are restricted, I can persuade the appropriate authority of the need."

"Ah see. Well, hope ya have a good visit!" Kojo smiled still, about to head off again to leave the pony alone, since he clearly wanted that, when another pony showed up. The dragon blinked a little bit at the new stallion's words, who was apparently named Lore Weaver. How had they not run into each other before now?

"Ah've lived here for a fair bit mahself, Lore. Ah'm more lost on what ta do at the moment, Ah got no work ta do right now." The little dragon shrugged. "Nice ta meet ya'll though."

"Actually I was about to head to the library to browse citizen archived letters. It is a situation of utmost importance, and I'm sure even if they are restricted, I can persuade the appropriate authority of the need."

It was funny how coincidences happened. Lore Weaver knew it all too well. It wasn't long ago that upon meeting a future Princess of Friendship and after a tragedy that rocked his life and others in Ponyville that led to him being a librarian in the first place. Maybe certain coincidences were more like fate. Maybe talking to this pony would be another one of these cases. 

"Utmost importance, huh? Well, I'm not sure how many letters are archived. Usually those are just from ponies who wish them to be stored for a later date when they complete some autobiography or memoir, or they want to pass along their knowledge or way of life in the past. May I ask what this utmost importance is?" 

While this pony's quest intrigued him, Lore certainly didn't want to ignore the dragon. He was surprised how Kobo was not seen by the unicorn since then. Ponyville after all wasn't as big as say Canterlot and most ponies knew each other's names. That and the fact that seeing a dragon in a sea of ponies would be a red flag. 

"Ah've lived here for a fair bit mahself, Lore. Ah'm more lost on what ta do at the moment, Ah got no work ta do right now." The little dragon shrugged. "Nice ta meet ya'll though."

"Wait, if you're lost on what to do, would you like to help me help Lensblot with his request? Two heads are better than one." 

Lens sighed inwardly; he hated others deciding to get involved in his business; it always led to questions that he deemed foolish and standard for the trade he was in, not really seeming to note that the things he noticed were not obvious to the laypony. "You may ask, but under the privacy of my work, I am not entitled to say unless my client wishes it known, and due to the nature of this project, not even I know who the client is, so yes you may ask, but no I won't answer." he says, perhaps a little too bluntly.

He almost recoils at the idea of having 'help' on his mission, partly due to the extra attention having a dragon that seemed quite so happy to introduce himself to everypony would cause, though mostly due to the idea of sharing a cut of the finances at the end. "Absolutely not, I'm sorry gentlecolts. But I am a one pony trick. And in my field, one experienced head is better than two; less confusion and more profit per capita."

Archived