Tempest's Shadow (Closed)

SteelEagle

Tempest only came out of her room after full dressing up. Jumpsuit and her black plate armor. She found it useful to stay use to the feeling, well it was not the most heavy of plate armor she wanted it to be like her fur. It’s what allowed her to move like she did with it on and made her less held down when she put on more heavy armor. She followed the bull along as she looked around at the odd land. Some of it seemed very normal yet other parts not at all. Such as the twin suns in the sky. The magic needed for all of this was… powerful. So she has to wonder where they got it.

As they make it to the track Tempest takes the time to do some stretches, the mare was rather flexible it seems. “Thank you, see you soon.” Soon as Sachadara walked away Tempest took off in a full gallop over the track. She found the topsy turvy and strange path enjoyable as it was not some boring clean path. It took some amount of planning to ones movements ahead of time to keep a fast movement going. To many this was just more work and stress on something, for Tempest it was relaxing for it clears one's mind and body as everything becomes focused on this task and nothing more.

Sachadara made sure to get some nice, new towels and an outfit for her charge best suited to an after-workout relaxation period. She wasn't sure that ponies were really worth all this work. In fact, she knew most wouldn't be. But Tempest had such pathos and delicious delusions of grandeur that all of this work would simply make the feast all the more delightful. She made sure to wait a little longer than it really took. She was going to allow Tempest to believe that she wasn't as sharp or 'with it' as she really was. A lull in security was always great, but even more delightful when it was caused by her actions. Changelings universally were great at it.

It was the one trait she shared with them. Speaking of sharing, she made her way out at the end point, taking a little bit to find Tempest. She eventually found the warrior mare running her little heart out on the wild and random track. Discord's realm was disconcerting in its topography and the geography of it was self-evolving. She knew for a fact that they were safe here but that didn't mean that there wasn't danger inherent in the very design of this place. And if he ever turned on the Changelings it would be...a difficult problem to solve. But while it was difficult she knew that it would be solved in time. She knew they would prosper eternally.

When Tempest was finished Sachadara was there with a new outfit and a towel. “Here you go, pony. Need me to dry you off like little foal?” He laughed heartily, throwing the towel over his might shoulder.

As Tempest fishing off her running she slows down to a trot as she walks around Sachadara in mini laps. “Thank you, but the day I need something to help me dry off is the day i'm dead on the floor.” she says with a smirk as she slows down to just a slow walk then stops in front of Sachadara. She picks the towel up with her fruint hooves and rubs her face on it to dry it off, she got a nice sweat going with two suns on her back. “Not as hot as i’d think given you got two big flaming torches in the sky. Been in worse places for heat.” she added looking up at the bull. “Been to some pretty cold ones as well. I think more can stand to explore out there. The untamed land sitting just outside where we feel safe. Free. Unlike this land. Nothing about this is free. Moving, changing. Been thinking on the power needed to do this and I think I know the one to have it. Bugs and a flying mismatched monster, both placed underneath the hoof willing or not.” She grins like a wolf with every wood as she looks Sachadara dead in the eyes. “I don’t trust it for one moment. Now, I think I’m ready to mingle with the guests. I bet plenty of them are dying to bombarded me with questions.” She looks away, tossing the towel over her back before looking off at the land sound them. “Lead the way, most of all to more rum. Going to need it when the questions start coming. I know it. Saw the looks they gave me on the ship.”

• 2 months later...

Tempest was an interesting one. So willing to devote herself to luxury with a wealth of pain behind her, forming a great circle of suffering and self-loathing that she hid expertly. So much confidence and aggression usually marked a pony as one that had a lot of inner turmoil. That is fine. That is better than fine. She was intelligent and perceptive to external stimuli, dissecting the falsity that was this whole realm. Sachadara tended to agree. The Prince of Chaos was indulgent to the extreme. Look at all this light and dark in an impossible space! It would seem overwhelming to those that didn't know themselves or know the extremity of emotion. The chaos within, much more awe-inspiring than the chaos around them.

Sachadara knew it all too well, the tell-tale signs of a creature with no idea of who it was. Discord would have been an excellent meal for her but alas, all signs pointed towards Tempest. She was intelligent and strong, forward-thinking and direct. Her guard would always be up and that was good for her. A lot of creatures would see to it that their entire lives were lived without a care in the world. Most ponies were that way. Tempest was not like most ponies. She saw a lot of the pain and suffering this world had to offer and was guarded for it. She saw the weakness behind this realm, knew the secret behind the Changelings. She knew so much, knew so little, and knew not her future.

But she knew enough to get drunk, and that is one thing Sachadara was in agreement.
“Ha!” She laughed, switching back to her normal form, as disfigured as it was. “You are a perceptive mare. I like that in ponies. Too many live easy and don't understand the falsity and cruelty of the world around them. This whole place stinks of falseness, but c'est la vie,” she shrugged, hovering disjointedly, “come. You can get drunk and meet with the other guests. Any form you'd like me to take?”

• 1 month later...

Like every hostess, the Queen of this Island felt a responsibility for her guest's well-being.  More so when that guest's well-being put food on the table for you and your family, and especially more so when that well-being was the food to be put upon said table.  Thus did the Queen tour her domain, retinue in tow, ensuring that each guest was simply loving their vacation.

This first stop was most important, as Sachadara was the sort of changeling one needed to keep an eye on in any case, and her guest seemed much the same way.  Closed off, brooding, not normally a promising prospect.  Chrysalis knew from experience, however, that when such flowers bloomed, their nectar was all the sweeter.  And so would this broken-horned unicorn be, if Chryssie could keep her subordinate from crushing the petals for use in her own experiments.  Such was the burden of rule...

Accompanying her on the tour was Rat, a little 'ling just come home to his mommy!  If changelings could feed off their own love, it might have been possible for them both to not require any guests at all.  But such wasn't the case, hence the visit.  The Queen would be waiting, disguise up, outside the corridor where Tempest was to emerge from her room.

"Now remember, Rat,"  Chrysalis said to her drone, taking the opportunity for a teaching moment.  "Smile, be pleasant, ask them how they are and if you can do anything to help.  It's a standard greeting if you meet a guest you don't know.  When you get to know them better, you'll know what they like others to say to them."

Archived