Spar treatment [Open]

Switchback

The sun had just about crawled to the highest point in the sky that it would be at for the day, as the ponies of Ponyville busy themselves with their usual tasks and activities, while they go around doing their own thing, another pony was walking down the road into the town, not quite busying himself with anything but walking. The pony wanders through the town, glancing at each building he passes from behind his goggles, his wagon trundling behind him. The wagon was obviously what this pony called home, having a roof, and a small chimney with a few windows and a door at the rear, it was made out of very basic, but relatively rigid wood, made to take an impact if needed. Eventually he arrives at the town square, knowing that to be the performance area of every town, he disconnects himself from his wagon, heading around back to grab a sign from inside it that stated proudly Sword fighting demonstrations and practice sessions with a smaller print underneath reading Prices to be negotiated per client along with a schedule of when the main performances would be, with one every hour.

Switch smiles as he looks at his wagon and the sign, nodding at the neatness of the setup, there was a place for everything and everything was in its place. With that he sets to work with lowering the 'legs' of the wagon, anchoring it into position so that it would not roll on the wheels or slip when anypony was inside. The unicorn checks his helmet is still sitting well on his head before he pulls a drawer like section out from the underside of the wagon, a pair of legs supporting the overhang as it extended into a nice bench that he sat on, humming as he waited to see if anypony would actually come past.

Pyro whistled to himself as he walked along, enjoying the sights of the relatively small town through his sunglasses. Every time he came here it only served to make him want to move here more. Course, he’d have to get through his guard training first, but he wasn’t all that worried about that. 

As the fiery unicorn walked along, he eventually came upon an unusual sight, some kind of cart house with another unicorn sitting outside it and a sign advertising sword fights. Huh, well the stallion had his attention. Approaching the stallion, he gave a wave and stopped in front of him. 

“Demonstrations and practice fights, huh? Count me in. At least for the sparring.” Pyro said, smiling a bit at the other stallion. “I’m Pyro Blaze, by the way. Nice to meet you.”

XtpL7rpf_o.png

The pegasus was still new to Ponyville, an eccentric scholar who lived at the edge of the woods with his special somepony. He was a bright orange and gold pegasus born in Saddle Arabia so the way he dressed seemed very out of place in Ponyville. His bright red hooves clapped against the cobblestone street.

He was about town running a few personal errands will Dusk rested. His saddlebags we're heavy with books and the large winged pegasus would come to a stop, those fluffy lengths folding tight against his cloth covered back. His eyes caught a curious sign, ears perking, one tugging at the gold-brass chain that held his monocle chained to his pony. 

"How queer..." He stated. "I do have interest in learning swordplay. I hear it is a past time for the most dashing of heroes." And he would love to play the role of hero rather than always being the scholar! "Please, where so I sign?!"

Switch looks up from his resting spot, adjusting his goggles; they looked like welding goggles, the level of tint on them alone would make anypony question how this particular stallion saw out of them, and yet his head instantly turns to Blaze before he even speaks a word, he listens attentively to the stallion talk, nodding his head "Well a pleasure to you too. However I wouldn't really say that we shall be sparring as such. To spar you have to make sure you are on level footing with your opponent, these are practice fights, you know, training." he adjusts the strap on the armour around his chest. "But I will be happy to train against you."

He then looks over to the pegasus, studying the clothing he nods "Ah, one from Saddle Arabia?" he notes quickly, looking at the wings he sighs "Well I can demonstrate Earth Pony techniques, however I cannot teach you Pegasus techniques for reasons that should be obvious." he nods "Most dashing of heroes? Well tell whoever told you that to come and see me. I'd love to be called dashing instead of the usual set of words used to describe me." he chuckles, dropping from his bench onto his hooves as he slides the bench away again "So I suppose the pair of you should be together for this session. No point trying to train unicorn fighting methods when we only have one session; too many things to think about when magic is involved; we'll start simple." he states calmly as he unlocks the door at the back of the wagon again, checking it still wasn't rolling before climbing inside when a orchestra of metal clangs and thuds would be heard.

Archived