Hearths Warming Preparations (att: ShineRunner)

RainbowFoxxy

iqKT0HzsnXIFdssJIhqNjkYy2lL0xbJGRMConM7zFyAHt_DF8tDZEYLCDAHYFaEZs4P7A9PHH8cP_qtF

"I think it is a wonderful idea sister!" Luna exclaimed from her seat in the Canterlot palace throne room. The Princess of the Night was all too excited for this year's Hearth's Warming festivities. 

"Yes, it has been many seasons since we allowed preparations to occur in this way," Celestia chuckled, thinking of all the little ponies that would probably show up to fill the requested positions.

"Do you think many ponies will respond to the requests Twilight put up?" 

"Oh yes sister! Many of our little ponies are filled with excitement with the chance to decorate and help us host such an event in Canterlot Palace!"

The doors swung open, causing the guards to back up a pace. The Princess of Friendship hustled through the door, the baby dragon perched upon her back.

"Sorry! Sorry I'm late!" Twilight was breathing hard as she took her seat next to the other Princesses. "I lost track of time! Spike and I found a copy of some of Mandarin Oracle's older works in the library!"

"She hardly even looked up from that book all night!" Spike laughed. "Good thing she's got a number one assistant to tell her when she's late for interviewing at the throne room!"

Twilight eyed her loyal friend. "It would have been better if my assistant had reminded me before I was late." She smiled and patted Spike on the head. "I know you tried Spike. I can be pretty difficult to distract when I find such a good book!"

--------

Ponies came and went from the throne room. Some were decorators, some party designers. Some were well known and some not. 

"Well, let's see who's up next!" Spike looked down the list. He had been writing names and checking off ponies all morning. Some ponies had made appointments and they had been able to squeeze walk ins around those.

"Hmmmmmm, Shine Runner. That's the next name on the list."

The Princesses turned their attention to the open doors of the throne room...

The doors burst open in a cloud of sparkling glitter! A thumping disco beat flooded the halls with a funky melody. A bright violet pony wearing a bedazzled blue winter coat came strutting out, flipping her matching Santa hat's pompom behind her head. She had gold disco ball earrings and holly pinned to her chest. Her cocky face turned to sheer joy as she shrugged off her winter coat to reveal a two-tailed white tuxedo. She flung her coat in front of her, which turned into a tree skirt, and tossed her hat on top of it. To the sound of her hooves clacking to the floor, a purple Hearth's Warming tree sprang up, now topped by her hat. She pulled a tiny white top hat seemingly out of nowhere and popped it atop her head. The disco music faded gradually away as she motioned, "Ta-da!"

"Greetings, Princesses! How are we doin' tonight?" she announced, smiling.

iqKT0HzsnXIFdssJIhqNjkYy2lL0xbJGRMConM7zFyAHt_DF8tDZEYLCDAHYFaEZs4P7A9PHH8cP_qtF

The eyes of every Princess bugged out as Shine Runner made her entrance.

"Oh my..." Celestia breathed.

Luna nodded in response, obviously impressed.

"Sh-Shine Runner I presume?" Spike inquired as the unicorn made her greeting.

"We're doing quite well thank you! Quite an impressive entrance Shine Runner," Twilight smiled and leaned forward on her throne. "So glad you could make it!"

"That was amazing!" Spike trotted up to the unicorn and beamed at her. 

"So, how would you make this Hearthwarming gala something to remember?" Twilight questioned Shine Runner while Spike got his note sheet ready.

:"Thank you! Thank you!"

The unicorn bowed deeply and sprang up again.

"Well, I always thought the Hearth's Warming gala needed some extra pizzazz! Something to really "wow" the crowd, you know? Like this!"

With a clap of her hooves, the tree behind her lit up from the bottom to the top. Shine Runner reached inside, looking away with her tongue sticking out. In less than 2 seconds, she pulled out a shiny wrapped present. She pulled on the bow with her teeth, and the present fell apart into a gingerbread house. Shine Runner held it proudly above her head as the door of the gingerbread house flew open to reveal a yodeling pickle.

When the pickle finished its short performance,  Shine Runner gently set the gingerbread house next to her.

• 3 weeks later...

The Princesses tried to contain their chuckling as the pickle ended its performance. Twilight beamed and trotted up to the unicorn.

"That kind of display rivals even Pinkie Pie!" The Princess clapped her hooves together enthusiastically.

"But don't tell Pinkie that!" Spike interjected. "Or we'll have another party planning battle on our claws..."

Luna looked at Celestia and the two nodded.

"Shine Runner?" Luna called to the unicorn performer. "My sister and I have a proposition for thee."

"We would like you to help with the decoration of our Hearth's Warming celebration in Ponyville," Celestia explained. "Luna and Twilight will be hosting the event and I'm sure you would do a wonderful job assisting them in decoration."

"Would that interest you?" Twilight smiled. 

"Would it?!" replied Shine Runner. "I'd trade my entire sequin collection for such a fabulous opportunity!"

The unicorn danced like she was on hot coals, visibly excited. "What's my first assignment?"

Archived