Always the How, Never the Why (Closed)

SteelEagle

image.jpeg

Silver could hardly keep herself from gobbling the treats up as soon as Pinkie had then in front of her. She sucked in a small breath as she made mention of her somepony liking pink. How in the world did Pinkie know? Well, Pinkie knew and did lots of things that made ponies wonder. She was the most magical earth pony around when it came to knowing things, and throwing parties, and having senses about all kinds of stuff. It was almost spooky... and almost made Silver want to run right out of there! No! There wasn't any way the pink pony knew when she was up to. She settled back and prepared to dispatch the pink cupcake.

"Thank you so much Pinkie! I'm sure he'll like the fudge flavored one!" She couldn't help but ask. "Not sure why you think he'd like the pink one..."

However, Pinkie had already busied herself with the other patrons and probably hadn't heard the question. Silver ate the cupcake as fast as she could. It was SO GOOD! She wanted to stay and eat more treats. But no! The plan she had in store was going to be more enjoyable than a whole pile of cupcakes. She took the parcel of brownies and trotted to the door.

"Time to visit Fluttershy." She mused to herself wanting to give Rarity time to finish her designs before stopping by again. She needed a good harness and a leash. Though Fluttershy didn't particularly enjoy using such tools as far as Silver knew, she might still have something of use laying around somewhere. "Only one way to find out!"

Silver trotted down the road towards the cottage of the kind and quiet friend to all animals. Silver would have to keep what she was doing well under wraps. There was no way a pony like Fluttershy would help her if she knew what Silver's plans were...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mlp_fim_facebook_banners_by_fluttergasm-

"There, there. You'll be just fine," Fluttershy said, dipping her head in between the jaws of the alligator. She felt no fear. Neither did Angel bunny and the rest of her animals as they watched the bug-eyed gator stare angrily around. She had spent some time trying to calm the creature down just to reach this point. He had something lodged in his throat and rather than completely blocking it or going down it just sat there, mostly suffocating him but allowing just enough to keep him going. It was awful, just awful! Bear had found the gator half-drunkenly stumbling around the edge of the woods. She had coaxed him into allowing her to look in. She was dtermined to save him even if he was aghast at the possibility of needing help.

Her head was in the creature for a few seconds before it slowly retreated, Fluttershy's mouth holding something as the alligator took in some deep breaths. She pulled back further to reveal a pukwudgie, which was also taking several deep breaths. She laid the offending creature down on the floor. "Well, that would explain it. Looks like you got your prospective lunch stuck in your throat. It is absolutely caked in little thorns and spines. You're in a lot of pain, aren't you little gator friend?" She said, looking back at Angel. "Please go and get my medical tweezers and some reptile-safe, quick-dissolving essential oils," she looked back at the gator. "Give me some trust and time and I'm sure I can help you. Now, lets take a closer look..." she said as she stuffed her head back into the mouth of the gator, who opened up wide.

Angel hopped on by the door as Silver knocked. He leapt up and pulled on the door knob, turning it just enough so the door started to creak open. It opened only very slowly, finally revealing in the dark Fluttershy with her head entirely inside an angry looking gator that was huffing and puffing.

image.jpeg

Silver watched as Angel bunny opened the door. She wondered where Fluttershy might be and why it was her bunny and not herself that opened the door. Before it was all the way open she started the speak.

"Hello? Hello, Fluttershy? Are you in-!" Her words were cut off as she took stoke of what was before her. It was like a scene from her worst nightmares! A huge alligator, practically the size of a bear was in the middle of the half lit cottage! And what was 220 times worse was that Fluttershy was being...EATEN!

"Fluttershy!" Silver took a step forward and then a shuffle back. What was she supposed to do? She couldn't stop the gator from biting her head off right then and there! How could Fluttershy, the one who could actually speak to animals ever get herself into this situation? She had never seen the yellow pegasus have even the slightest problem with animals. They loved her as much as she loved them! Silver forgot all about her plan, the brownie cupcakes toppled onto the ground as her hooves shook. 

"Oh Celestia!" Her eyes bugged and she screamed!

"HEEEEELLLLP!"

Fluttershy was hard at work. It was important before she went ahead and pulled the thorns out of the throat that she massage the affected area. She had already placed a numbing agent and anti-reflex medication on the throat at the very start so it didn't panic and bite or have a gag reflex, but that didn't mean it wasn't dangerous. She had to be very quick and very sweet and nice to this fella or else bad things could happen for everyone involved. She was gently and quickly putting some basic creams on the affected areas when she heard an ear-piercing scream for help. Fluttershy recoiled quickly in panic, getting out of the alligator's mouth as the alligator itself responded to the scream by shutting its massive, powerful jaws with enough force to have an audible shock-wave. And there it stood looking very,l very angry next to a visibly wet with slobber Fluttershy, who looked to her guest swiftly.

And then she smiled.

"Why hello there Silver Spoon! Nice to see you, but why the scream? You scared me half to death. And this poor little guy can only take so much, my poor little baby," She said, petting the muzzle of the alligator. It reluctantly opened back up as Angel came back with medical tweezers and quick-dissolving oils. "It has been a while since I've seen you. Would you like some tea?" She asked, heading back into the mouth. It was rare to see Silver Spoon. She wasn't one of the friendliest ponies in town and was often palling around with Diamond, who also couldn't be trusted to really devote herself to the care of others. Still, they were just fillies and Fluttershy believed they were trying top turn over a new leaf. Redemption was something she always loved to promote. And if Silver Spoon was here today that must mean she needed help with a pet and that was something Fluttershy could always get behind regardless of anything else.

As she listened to Silver Spoon she went to work on the thorns in the gator's mouth. Slowly pulling one out at a time as she made sure to cover it in oils. The gator still winched, its jaw reflexively going down a few inches sometimes before it caught itself and studiously pulled it back up. She whispered gently into its throat, the noise of it being masked but the gentle rhythm of it keeping the critter as calm as it could possibly be given the strangeness it found itself engulfed in.

That little pony still looked tasty, though.

image.jpeg

Silver let out a number of quick heavy breaths. 

"Fluttershy! whew!" The filly exhaled more slowly. "I thought this 'poor little guy' was having you for lunch!" She caught a sidelong look from the gator as he strove to keep his mouth open wide. "N-not sure why I would think that though. Of course that's not what's happening heh heh..." She stepped a little further into the cottage but made sure to give the gator a wide birth.

At the offer of tea Silver relaxed even further. She suddenly wished she had visited the cottage long before now. Fluttershy had such a calming affect, it almost made her forget her mission... almost. Silver narrowed her eyes, re-determining her focus. The prize at the end of all of this was going to be amazing! However, the tea did sound nice. 

"Actually that would be great!" What Fluttershy was up to was interesting, plus it would quickly endear her further to the yellow pegasus. Perhaps it would help her get what she wanted? "Would you like some um, help with anything?" She spoke as Angel bunny hopped over with a steaming cup of tea. He really was a good assistant! Though the small scowl on his face made Silver wonder if he really enjoyed helping.

She hoped Fluttershy wouldn't ask her to climb on in the gaping maw...

Fluttershy was still hard at work on her job. One by one the thorns came out, the pukwudgie having done terrible damage to the throat. Even after she pulled them all out she would need to keep him around so as to continue the healing process. You couldn't allow somecreature with such wounds out into the wild just yet. It would be very easy for him to get sick or suffer more wounds while doing what gators do, and that was just not done. Of course, gators like him were unlikely to enjoy being cooped up but she knew what was best. Plus she needed to feed him. He looked like he hadn't anything to eat for some time. She had several ideas for what he could have, and it was in this that she could have Silver help her. Honestly there wasn't much else the little filly could do to help, but getting some help was better than no help.

“Oh, actually, I could use your help,” Fluttershy said. A small pause. “If you can head to the pantry on the west side- not the east, please- and get me a bottle, one of those light-blue pills, and some formula from it?” She asked. On the west side was a magically chilled pantry that was full of things to help feed and take care of baby animals and those who were hurt and needed help. Opening it would reveal many different things, including some bottles, the pills, and formula that Fluttershy had scrawled on. By the time Silver Spoon would make it back, whether she was quick or took her time, Fluttershy was outside of the mouth and petting the alligator.

“It's okay. You're going to need to stay here for a few days so I can feed you and make you strong again,” she said, her hand petting the snout. The Alligator was angry and went to roar, but she kept her hoof firmly on his snout. “Shhh, shh, its okay,” she said, petting it, “you're safe here.”

He seemed to calm down at that. “Oh, thank you Silver Spoon,” Fluttershy said. She took the bottle, formula, and pill, and mixed the pill and formula up in the bottle. She then put it in the alligator's mouth and continued to pet him as she spoke. “So, what can I help you with today?”

image.jpeg

“Oh, actually, I could use your help,” 

Silver's ears perked up as Fluttershy accepted her offer to help. She was pretty much thinking she wouldn't have the needed skills to help the yellow pegasus in her healing endeavors. Her stomach sank slightly at the prospect of being in a gator's mouth until Fluttershy started giving directions to fetch supplies. 

"I-I'd be happy to!" She responded as directions were given. She couldn't believe her luck! She had just been given permission to go off on her own to collect materials. An inward chuckle ensued but was quickly masked by a happy smile. "I'll be right back!"

Silver called out over her shoulder as she trotted out to take care of the request for supplies. It was only moments before she was alone! This was far too easy! Another example of these amazing and wonderful ponies that saved all of Equestria time and again being too trusting and too simple! She looked about to make sure Angel bunny hadn't followed her. He was too busy assisting Fluttershy for the moment.

"Now...to get some 'supplies'," She said in a low tone, rubbing her hooves together in glee!

She would head towards the west pantry and as soon as she saw what she was looking for she would go for it! Silver trotted slowly along, making for the pantry, her eyes peeled. She was slightly disappointing to arrive at her destination with no signed of harnesses or muzzles or leashes. She didn't think Fluttershy would use things like this much but she had to have some somewhere...

The door to the western pantry was before her. Upon opening it she could see the rows of pills on the shelves and lots of other supplies as well.

"Well, if the west pantry has lots of different supplies I bet the east one does too..." She went ahead and got the requested materials while she was in there and made a neat pile outside the door. 

"Now," She trotted around until she was in front of the east pantry door. She nudged the handle and found it unlocked! "Figures..." She muttered and quickly stepped inside. 

Most of what she saw was the same kinds of things as the west pantry but then...a glint of metal caught her eye towards the back! "Ah!" 

They looked like they had never been used and in fact they had not. But on the ground in the corner of the pantry was a box of restraining devices! Sure she could have gone out to the pet store and gotten her own but part of the pleasure she was getting from all of this came from stealing from Fluttershy and her pals! Silver dug through the boxes and ended up with two leashes, a collar, a large sized harness, and a muzzle.

"Perfect!" She spoke quietly and picked up the materials. 

Once outside she quickly made a stash in some nearby shurbbary, picked up the requested items and quickly made her way back to the cottage.

Silver nodded when Fluttershy thanked her. 

“So, what can I help you with today?”

"Well actually..." Her mind raced. She had what she needed now she had to figure out how to get away before anypony suspected anything... "Um... I forgot, I have to help... my friend with... um something!" That was a terrible excuse and she knew it. But it was time to move on with the plan!

Silver turned to leave. "Good luck with your...gator!" She exclaimed before cantering out the door. She would go back to Rarity and then loop back around to get the stolen supplies from Fluttershy later.

"Whew!" She exclaimed as she made her way back towards Rarity's. This was becoming a bit more of a chore than she thought it would be!

"Rarity? I'm back!" Silver plastered on that smile again, wondering if the master seamstress was done with her work yet.

Fluttershy finished what she was needing to do with the alligator, who looked like he was in a bit of a delighted stupor. She was always happy to help all animals in need, but sometimes they needed an extra...push to be docile. Everfree alligators were extremely aggressive members of their species and while it was happy to accept her help in the short-term, it needed long term care and she knew it wouldn't want that. So the pill would help keep it calm and docile and accepting of what was happening while she fed him. After a few times feeding any animal, Fluttershy found their objection to her help fell by the wayside. She didn't like using the pills because she was against mind-altering materials, but she was sure that this was for the best. His eyes started to half-lid and fall heavily, so she was more than happy to help Silver Spoon with whatever she needed-

-Which turned out to be nothing. My, that was unusual. “O-okay. Well, have a...ohh,” she said as the door closed. “Well, that was unexpected...oh well, can't help it if she has to help somepony else. I have something of my own here, don't I?” She said, walking back to the gator and petting it. He was looking drowsy now and was growing full. Still, he somewhat mechanically kept on drinking from the bottle even if he didn't know he was until it was empty. “We're going to make you all better. You'll be back out in the Everfree being your big, scary gator self in no time, you cute little guy,” she cooed softly as Angel rolled his eyes. He'd seen this play out before and didn't really think anycreature other than he deserved her affections. Nonetheless, a few minutes later when she asked Angel to get her a blanket for the cold reptilian skin, he didn't hesitate to do as requested.

8XeOsHy.png

Back at Carousel Boutique the work was just about finished. She had much bigger projects to finish in a short time frame like this, so it wasn't anything to really distract Rarity from her creative flirtation with exquisite design. Even in the simple things she strived to bring the glamour and sophistication of high society into the lives of those who could richly benefit. It was extra special because it was for Valen, a good friend, and Silver Spoon, who was in the throes of puppy love. It was such a delight to be able to play a role, even a small role, in the development of the youth. Nonetheless this was a job and one she took to well. By the time Silver arrived back to the Boutique, Rarity had done more than enough to satisfy any and all desires. Well, she believed she had anyway and who was going to argue the point?

"Welcome back Silver Spoon!" Rarity trilled as she bounced up and out of her chair, the scarf and ascot she had been working on dancing in the air above her. Without asking she wrapped the scarf around Silver and pulled her next to a mirror. "How does it feel? Granted this is just a resizing, but it always has such impact that I tend to worry. Have you asked Valen about the ascot? I think he'd look smashing in it. Do you?"

image.jpeg

Silver figured she was leaving Fluttershy with questions but she also figured the yellow pegasus wouldn't pry. Fluttershy was usually pretty quiet and she had lots to attend to at the moment. Besides, that was the least of her worries. She had so many items to get in place! Everything had to go off perfectly!

The filly smiled as Rarity adorned her with a scarf and exclaimed she had the ascot waiting. 

"It's beautiful!" Her eyes widened as she watched the stone set on the fabric glimmer in the light. Truly, eye catching... which was exactly what she was going for. "Wow Rarity!"

She took a look at the ascot, deeming it perfect. This would keep Valen's eyes off what was going on around him long enough for her to get the job done. Everything was going to fall into place, she just knew it!

"I didn't get a chance to ask Valen if this would be something he would like..." She let a blush intensify on her cheeks for effect. "But I'm sure he'll like it," 

Silver's mind was running a mile a minute. She had spells, and potions, and cupcakes in her bag. The top edge to Rarity's mirror was just starting to poke up form under the flap of her bag as well. She didn't think much else was going to fit inside plus she still had to double back to pick up the items she had taken from Fluttershy...

"Thank you so much Rarity!" She smiled a bashful smile. "I've never had to ask somepony to make something for a special somepony before... this is all I could ever have wanted!"

She was going to have to stop by her home to drop things off. Plus she had to get a letter delivered to Valen. She had a spot to meet him all planned out. A perfect place for her to carry out her plans.

"I better get going. How much do I owe you?" Even Silver could steal such amazing works. Rarity truly was a master at her craft!

-------

After settling up with Rarity, Silver trotted home. She made her way quickly to her room, glad her parents hadn't stopped her to chat. They could go on and on... plus she didn't want to risk them knowing what she was doing!

She dropped her saddle bags onto her bed and sat at her desk to compose a quick letter.

"Dear Valen,

I have something important to tell you. Can you meet me at the following location at 7PM tonight?

Sincerely, 

Silver Spoon"

It was short but she hoped it would rouse his curiosity. Under the writing she drew a picture of the meeting spot. It was a clearing just inside the woods. Diamond Tiara had found it some years back and the two had often met there to conspire. It was separated from prying eyes and ears and the perfect place to carry out the first part of her plan on Valen!

Soon she had the letter sent out for quick delivery, hoping Valen was still in town and hadn't headed to Canterlot yet...

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity was bursting with pride at Silver Spoon's remarks, not that she needed the filly's world to tell her what she knew was the truth. It was plain to see in her face as she looked at her gift. Silver's eyes were aglow and aflame with excitement. All thanks to Rarity's good work! That was almost worth the price of her work alone. Luckily, that would suffice. As Rarity had said earlier the pieces had already been paid for. Payment? Accepted. This was a much more delightful little project, something that she had done almost with as much enthusiasm as it appeared Silver was feeling upon receipt.

The greatest payment she could ever ask for was being paid for in spades in front of her, but that didn't mean she couldn't ask for just a teensy bit more. “Silver, sweetie, I don't need any more bits out of this. Remember that these items were already paid for?” She giggled, “but if you could be a dear, could you tell Valen to wear that ascot to the next dinner he goes to in public? It would be a great little bit of advertisement,” she said with a smile. It may have seem trivial considering how successful she was, but every little bit helped.

----

Valen was a busy colt. Even with the CMC and members of his family conspiring to make the last few weeks a little more awkward than they truly needed to be but it was calming down. A few uncomfortable breakfasts and words slowly, carefully exchanged had helped create relative calm. This allowed him to refocus on his work! Indeed, the knowledge of his career being a bit more open amongst his family meant he could get some advice from a very game Apple Bloom and conduct himself a bit more openly. Still not openly enough to ruin the allure of Gilded Lilly and thus endanger the very career he was building. It just meant he didn't have to hide his work attire and work logs in his room at Sweet Apple Acres.

It was in this very room at Sweet Apple Acres that Valen was writing an itinerary for his trip to Canterlot when a fateful message arrived from Silver Spoon. It came delivered by a flying mailpony softly colliding into the window that stood inches away from him, jolting him up and out of his chair. Perturbed, he opened the window and received the letter, thanking the mailpony with as much politeness as he could muster. He sat down and pushed aside his writing utensils, thanking the stars that he wasn't a writer by trade. His hooves could be countered to fit almost style of fashion Rarity could envision but a few pages of writing made his hooves ache. He didn't give much thought to the letter before he opened it. Business, personal affairs, he was a busy colt and the possibilities were endless. He quickly tore it open and read it.

The first emotion to flash across his face was indignation. How dare she even contact him through, of all things, a letter! After the humiliation she had subjected him to before? Granted, thanks to Scootaloo and Babs Seed the situation had been reversed deliciously at the very end but that didn't make up for the fact that it was so terrible a memory.

Still, he was a good Equestrian. She hadn't told anypony about the events of that day and she had been humbled. Maybe, just maybe, she wanted to make amends. Plus he had a little more time before his plans had to be finalized. He could afford to hear her...well, what he assumed would be an apology. With a sigh he put the letter away and went back to work, having some time to kill before the meeting later that evening came around.

When the time came Valen found himself waiting at the right time and place for the meeting with Silver Spoon.

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Silver arrived early to the meeting point just inside of the cover of trees. It was quiet and secret, a special place she had often used to conspire with Diamond in the past. And now she was here! Coming up with and executed plans all of her own making! It was a fiendishly exciting plan indeed! She was going to make sure things went exactly according to her plans...

First thing she needed to do was convince her prey. She knew she hadn't treated Valen well on their last encounter. This didn't bother her, in fact she was glad. Her behavior last time left her lots of fodder for her performance now. She was going to play the most penitent of ponies. So full of sorrow, so willing to try again. So willing to prove how magical friendship could be!

Valen appeared and she drew in a breath. Time to play the part!

"H-hi Valen..." She spoke in a soft tone, her eyes cast down. "Glad you could make it,"

She took a couple steps towards him, wondering how he would respond to seeing her. Would he be upset? Probably. Would he confront her? Yell at her? She wasn't at all sure what to expect but she would work with whatever he presented.

Just seeing the colt made her blood pump faster! This was the best plan she had ever conjured up and she had the help of the plenty of the mane six to make sure it went perfectly!

Valen was unmoved by her soft tone. His guard was up. He had seen with his own eyes her manipulative and dark personality, empowered as it was by her friends. He was willing to allow for forgiveness to be in play, ready and able to accept redemption. But he had not come to meet with her as a wide-eyed innocent or naive foal. With ponies like her there were only ever exchanges and deals, the taking and the having. He was here because she wanted something from him, not to give him something. Maybe that was forgiveness. He could hope so. Nonetheless, more than anypony else he had dealt with, his eyes were wide open. He crossed his front hooves and stood up straight, his eyes focusing in on her as he spoke.

“Hello, Silver Spoon. It was a shock to receive your letter, but I thought I should at least give you the courtesy of meeting you and letting you speak,” he said, being polite but firm. Indeed, he was willing to hear her out and allow her to say her piece. It cost nothing to be polite. But her actions had been pretty reprehensible and he wasn't going to throw out all of those memories in a foolish attempt at a cleansing of her faults. She had to prove she was worthy of even his attention. She had to show him why she was worthy of even his time. She had been given a chance. By Celestia she better take it.

He looked around. The area was weird. Why meet her out in the woods at the edge of town? He assumed she didn't want the other ponies seeing her apologize. She had a certain cachet as a confident pony in town and apologies may not fit into her whole schtick. “Any reason we have to have this meeting in the woods and not in town? Seems...strange,” he said, looking around.

image.jpeg

She could have guessed he would respond this way. Valen was never above the best of social graces. He was quite the self actualized colt, she had to give him that! The fact that he could remain polite in such a situation showed he was measured, giving better than he got and making the best image of himself that he could. It was this that would be his downfall! She would play right into his ways, allowing him to move over only the space where he felt comfortable. Where he felt he wasn't giving anything at all. She would weave him into her trap with this just like one of Fluttershy's little spider friends. 

"Thank you Valen," She looked up at him through her glasses. Eyes wide and innocent. Pained as she sought for redemption from her past acts. "For meeting me here."

"So, I've been doing a lot of thinking since..." She dropped off. There was nothing that needed to be mentioned. He knew exactly what she would be apologizing for. What he didn't know was that things were about to get much worse than they had even been before! At least last time is had still had his consciousness inside. After this time, he would believe whatever happened would be what he wanted. All these thoughts rested behind those sorrowful and innocent eyes. Buried too deep to be seen.

"What Diamond and I did before..." She shook her head a fraction. "What I did before... I-it was wrong." That was an understatement which of course she knew. Better to play this like a little filly for now though. She let the tears well up just a fraction. "I want to tell you how sorry I am for behaving that way," 

She took in a small breath and answered his question. "Well, this place is special to me. It makes me feel safe to be here. I wanted to feel safe so I could own up to what I did to you..."

She could guess how he would respond to this and hid the smile that wanted to play at her muzzle. 

Deception came easier to others naturally, but that didn't make him immune to its charms. Valen knew this well. Indeed, a fraction of his life was devoted to a certain kind of deception played against discerning audiences. That didn't mean all manner of deception came easy to him or that he could spot it easily. It did mean, however, that he was above a quick and easy ability to believe in those who had devastatingly wronged him. He was suspicious of her, even as she spent a good deal of time trying to convince him of her ultimate guilt and desire to repent for past misdeeds. And maybe it was all true- while he was above quickly doing so, he certainly wasn't at all above forgiving. It would take a little while but he could get there. As Silver Spoon apologized and spoke softly it was having an impact. Not an obvious, big impact since Valen was still standoffish, but it was doing something.

“I understand. What makes this place special for you?” Valen said, looking around. It just appeared to b a normal place. Then again, ponies could get attached to the most unusual features and even the most mundane areas could be tied to memories that were anything but mundane. Still, not doing this in town felt weird. He wasn't a friend of hers and they didn't have anything to share with one another, so why the woods? In any case, he reckoned it didn't matter much. Regardless of the reasons why he was here now and she was apologizing for her behavior. It was, if nothing else, at least a start. She needed to do a lot more than simply say she was sorry for him to fully forgive her but it was the only possible starting point. Of all the possible outcomes, this was the start of hopefully the very best one.

“I thank you for your apology, Silver Spoon. It takes a lot of character to do it, even if we are in a secluded place where no one sees you do it,” Valen replied, stopping short of accepting the apology but at least allowing it to continue. “To be frank however, you don't strike me as the type of filly who would be so eager to apologize. Why the change of heart?Valen asked plainly, sitting down on his flank and allowing Silver to reply.

image.jpeg

Well he was pretty much responding how she thought he would. Silver hadn't really expected him to just give it all up with one simple apology. She really only had to reel him in to a certain point to get what she wanted though. Just a little tiny bit of compliance and BAM! She'd have him on the hook! The little filly just couldn't wait to see him dangling and flopping around. The thought almost bringing that smile of hers to the surface. But no, this she could not do. She was still hunting.

He sat back on his haunches, a sign of disarming. He was at ease enough to take a seat. She moved a few hoof steps closer, his question ringing in her ears. He hadn't forgiven her, not that she wanted him to. The best stuff was yet to come. This was going to be flat out one hundred percent blatant lying and it felt.... soooo good! It would get her to her end goal and she would play him along the way!

She waved off the first question, the one about why this place was special. It was a side route, a tangent from where she really wanted to get to. She took in a breath, ready to give a heart felt answer to the second question. 

"Well, after everything...happened..." She looked to the side. Showing how much she regretted what had happened. "I went to spend some time with Fluttershy and Rarity," She rubbed a hoof to her shoulder and continued. "It's just... well, I knew I'd been so wrong but at first I didn't want to admit it. Then I found myself thinking about it over and over again." Her eyes brimmed with tears and she blinked them back. "I felt just awful Valen. I know how ponies should act and I did totally the opposite,"

She took a tiny breath in. "I know there's nothing I can do to make up for what I did. But I want you to know how sorry I am..." She moved to bring a rectangular box out in front of her. It was small and a deep velvet red color. "I-i got you something..." 

The ascot from Rarity was inside. Once Valen opened the box she would have to act fast!

It wasn't the mention of Rarity and Fluttershy that made Valen fall back from his defenses a little bit. Indeed, he had questions about that. He had a very close relationship with Rarity and she hadn't brought any of this up with him and considering how close some of this skewed towards their working relationship he was sure she would bring it up. The fact she hadn't done so made him question just what these conversations she had with these ponies consisted of, how truthful she had been. No, indeed, it wasn't at all those names being brought up that made his defenses fall just a little bit.

Instead, it was the faintest rumor of tears welling in her eyes. That was hard to pull off and he was far from heartless enough to disbelieve in the tears of another. It didn't hurt that a few moments later she offered him a gift. These combinations of factors worked. Perhaps not to the extent that his defenses were entirely down, but he was willing to buy more of what she was selling. Willing to accede more territory in his heart to the prospect of forgiveness for Silver Spoon, willing to hear her out with more out and out belief in the emotion behind the words. He had a soft spot for those who were so willing to share their emotions, and he wasn't heartless enough to forego forgiveness for angst and mistrust entirely.

“You don’t need to cry, Silver Spoon,” Valen said slowly, his voice edging towards compassionate as she offered him a gift. “You made a mistake. We all do. The mark of how mature you are and what kind of pony you are is how you respond and grow from these mistakes. I can’t wait to see what you got me,” Valen said encouragingly, taking the present box and pulling it in close. He shook it very briefly and heard the rustling of what sounded like cloth. He then opened it up and revealed a beautiful ascot! With all the practice of a model he quickly put it on and struck a pose absentmindedly. “This is beautiful!” He said, not looking at Silver. “Rarity, I presume?”

image.jpeg

The colt's eyes went to the sparkling gem on the ascot just as Silver had wanted! Her heart raced as she prepared in a split second for what needed to be done. Out came one of the two bottles. This one was the hypnotic essence, the purple liquid swirling around lightly inside. She used her teeth to pop the cork and with one deft motion dumped the stuff on the broad part of Valen's face.

Though it appeared the be liquid in its container, the concoction came forth as a fine powder. It puffed onto the colt's face and the area around him. The process would get powder in his eyes, ears, nose and mouth. There was no way to stop it from happening as the powder was so fine it clung to everything. Silver was glad she had memorized the incantation that had come with the potion as there was little time to try to read it. 

The filly took a step closer while muttering strange and intoxicating words. She could feel the magic swirling around her! Her eyes grew wide as a faint light pulsed for a few moments around Valen. She sucked in a breath.

"Valen. Look at me." The words came forth cold and strong. They were not a request, they were a command!

Valen didn't see what Silver Spoon was doing. Indeed, the realization came late. Much too late. By the time the powder was being used he was too busy thinking about the why and when of the ascot instead of paying attention to his surroundings. Indeed, he was about to give Silver a compliment regarding her excellent taste! But that was not to be. “What hack hack the-! Silver...!” Valen choked out as the powder got everywhere. In his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. With every breath he took, particles moved en masse into him, coated his tongue, made home in his snout. With every blink they would soak into the soft tissues of his eyelids, get into his bloodstream over time. They would dance in his ears and get collected as foreign substance, the majority getting ejected. No matter how one looked at it however, the powder had thoroughly and absolutely found every passage into Valen that the head offered and he was helpless before it.

He breathed it in. He blinked it in. Sniffs, sniffles, breath. It all was going on. Something started to wash over him, drowning at least momentarily the outrageous level of annoyance and anger with the most calming and soothing of waters. These dulled his emotional edges and even his awareness. He stumbled a bit, half because of the act and half because of the swirling mental effects of the powder. He blinked, trying to get his eyes clear, a half-dozen times in quick succession. He would have continued- the powder made it feel ever so slightly like he was choking, even though he wasn't- but then Silver Spoon spoke. Those words seemed to trigger something within him and he looked at her silently, focused intently, confused, worried, betrayed, and angered, yet unable to give voice or take action on any of it.

• 1 month later...

image.jpeg

“What hack hack the-! Silver...!” 

Silver Spoon simply could not stop the grin that came to her muzzle. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she had a small laugh that turned into a larger laugh! She rubbed her front hooves together in glee! Oh it had worked! Her scheming and planning had all just come to fruition! She could barely keep the laughter in. It kept bursting out at Valen gasped in front of her, the spell setting in nice and thick. 

His eyes gaped up at her, sparkling in helplessness. She could almost feel what he was feeling. It burned from him with such intensity! Hated, betrayal, confusion, worry, doubt... and then it all began to fade. It throbbed once or twice and then faded away completely. She wasn't sure if perhaps his thoughts would still be in his head but she could tell there was no acting on them! He stood before her helpless. Waiting for her commands! Oh it was all too much! She pranced in place with unhindered excitement. He was all hers! She could do as she wished with him!

"Valen?" She flipped her head slightly to the side and gave him a smoldering look. "Tell me colt. Tell me how beautiful I am." She turned around and looked at him over her shoulder. "How stunning I am," Her eyelashes batted as she watched him intently for the obedient answer she knew would follow. 

“You are the most beautiful mare I've ever seen,” Valen said, his voice at first edging on the near-robotic but taking on a more life-like tone as he went on. The magic found it difficult to force words out, but as he spoke...it didn't become forced. Indeed, the more time Valen was given, the more truth was etched behind the words. Whatever resistance there was had been co-opted by what felt like a truth. She was...beautiful. Stunning, even! Her coat, her eyes, even her glasses. Everything was perfect, on point. “Stunning doesn't even begin to describe it,” he whispered in awe, feeling lucky she was even giving him the time of day. Back deep in his head he knew something was wrong, that this wasn't entirely right. But it didn't matter in the slightest because he knew for a fact that it was the truth. It had to be, and it always had been.

He got up slowly at first, and then fluidly. Just as before there had been some slight resistance to it but whatever resistance there had been was washed away in a tidal wave of excitement. He needed to show her how thankful he was that she was even talking to him. He got closer and then bowed, snout to the ground in front of her. “Thank you, thank you so much!” he said, almost on the verge of delirium as he breathed in the ground. His tail wagged back and forth anxiously, excitedly, betraying a little of the vestigial concerns but mostly the appearance of great and total excitement. He hadn't been asked to look back up and truth be told he was a little intimidated by just how beautiful she was, so nose in the ground he awaited further commands. The magic had worked thus far, this much was obvious.

image.jpeg

Oh oh oh! This was all TOO MUCH! Silver beamed at the praise, seeming unknowing that it was contrived from a spell. It didn't matter anymore, she had a colt to do her bidding! The way he bowed with his tail wagging like a dog, the breathy enamored words, grovelling in the grass before her. She couldn't keep the evil smile off her muzzle! She also couldn't wat to exploit this little colt to the furthest delusions she could muster!

Of course no reason anypony other than herself should know about the spell work. The magics were strong but invisible to the unknowing eye. She would need to control him by words alone to pull off all that she had planned.

"Stand up Valen," She waited for him to comply. "I know you just can't get enough of me," She batted her eyelashes again. "But we don't want ponies to get suspici- uh...jealous, do we?" 

She took a step back, thinking hard. "Ah! When you hear me say 'muffin' you will act like I'm nothing special to you. Then when I say 'pumpkin' you will return to behaving on your feelings for me. Understand?"

The filly waited to see how he would respond to the command. "If you do then...muffin."

Valen waited with baited breath for what Silver Spoon said, every ounce of him yearning for...something anything from her. When it finally came down no small part of him was confused by her desire. Why would she want something like that? Well, it didn't matter. His wasn't to reason why, his was to do and lie. He nodded obediently. “Understood. Understood,” he said as he stood up straight with such speed and rapidity that it almost made him dizzy. Being told about...something involving muffins too, that was confusing. But it didn't matter if he understood. It mattered only that the conditioning worked.

The trigger was used soon afterwards. When he heard muffins, it was like a tidal wave that washed away a previous reality. She was nothing special. Nothing bad, nothing good. At least in terms of how he was to act. What he felt inside was still deep devotion, but for all of her majesty, the most important thing was that he was to follow her orders. He nodded. “It is done. So, I suppose we're done here?” He asked, feigning general disinterest well enough to pass even if none of it was true. He was as loyal and dependable as they come.

Of course nothing was perfect.  He was awaiting more orders even then, still lost in a vast fog with her as the one and only lighthouse. She was a guide through troubled waters and he a ship of possibilities, led astray by her whims.

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Silver smiled again. The same thin evil smile the broadened into an almost ridiculous grin. She didn't care! This was the best! The sliver filly couldn't wait to show off her new "pet". And who better to start with than Diamond Tiara. She had been waiting for a while to show up her friend. What with a stunning colt like Valen fawning for her Diamond would turn green with envy!

"Oh yes, we are done here." She drew close the the colt. "What do you say to paying my friend Diamond a visit pumpkin?"

After the word was spoken Silver turned and headed towards the cottage in which Diamond resided. "I'm sure she will be just delighted to see me...with you!"

Her tittering laughter flitted out through the foliage as she made her way out of hiding. 

"Come on pet!"

It wasn't long before they were at Diamond's cottage.

"Silver Spoon!" Diamond spotted her friend. "What are you doing here...with him?"

The last time Diamond had seen Valen was after they had played the most vile of tricks on him. She hadn't expected to ever see the colt again. And now here he was...with Silver...looking...rather odd?

Valen was snapped back into utter adoration when the trigger word was spoken, unable and absolutely unwilling to suggest anything less than total adherence to whatever Silver said. Why would he ever want to do anything but follow and listen? It was heaven already! She wanted to go see her friend. Well, why not? Diamond Tiara was nowhere near as great and wonderful as Silver but that just showed what a kind and generous mare Silver Spoon was. Truly, such generosity would need to be applauded. And he would do the applauding. “That sounds like an excellent idea, Madame Spoon. She should be so lucky to count you as a friend,” he said near breathlessly, as if he was just happy to be told an idea. With total and pleasant obedience he followed in her footsteps, trying his best to time his stride so he didn't ruin the perfect hoofmarks she left behind!

It was all he could do to not cry when she said pet. Was that not just the sweetest thing? Everypony loved their pets. He would be lucky to be considered so for such a perfect mare! When entwined with her jolting laughter he blushed with great joy. “I'd be so lucky, Madame Spoon. I think Diamond Tiara's house is close. She'll be so happy to see you!” he said with confidence. Of course she would be. Anypony would be. She was simply the best and Valen would never understand an opinion otherwise. In due time they made it to the door and it was opened quickly, a somewhat confused Diamond Tiara asking why Silver Spoon was here with him. Valen blushed and kicked the ground. “Oh, I don't think she's with me. She's too beautiful, smart, and kind. She's here to visit you. I'm simply here to make her happy!” Valen said, ending with a big smile.

image.jpeg

Silver suppressed the giggle that played on her muzzle as Diamond's jaw dropped at Valen's response. 

"Silver...I...you..." Diamond's eyebrows raised and she stopped spluttering half phrases. Silver was up to something...something that was beyond even what Diamond could muster. This truly was devious! She couldn't tell exactly what it was though. Blackmail? No it seemed to genuine for that. Whatever it was, she would play along and find out eventually.

Silver Spoon used her hoof to tip Valen's head up slightly. She winked at him. "Just call me Silver my pet," Her hood ran between his ears and back over his head, completely messing up whatever remained of his mane do. Overall, he still looked as always. His bone structure, his form. He was an elegant colt to say the least. But now that he was fawning and grovelling in the dust, it just completed the look in all the right ways!

The filly nodded to her saddle bags. "I was wondering if you could tell me what you think of the new apparel I picked up for Valen?" She eyed her friend. As she asked the question a leash and harness appeared from the bag. She began to work the buckles to fit around the colt's chest and neck.

"Come over here Valen," She commanded the colt around the harness that was being held in her muzzle.

Archived