The Next Generation (Closed)

GigiThePug

Claire’s breath shuttered as she heard him say this. She acted quickly as she quickly closed Illusions eyes. “Please work..” Claire mumbled to herself.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illusions magic power ceased, the black fur around his neck softened, and the black magic in his left eye vanished. Illusion sighed with great relief, “... Thank you, Claire... I can always count on you...” He whispered before falling to his knees weakly.

Celestia’s horn lit up with a golden shine, Starbursts body was surrounded by a white aura, slowly turning her body back to normal, “This will take some time Blitz, go and find my Son and your Sister, I will send for you when I am finished.” She told Blitz kindly. Blitz dipped his head before leaving the room, he quickly broke into a full sprint as he headed back towards Rainbow Falls.

Claire lifted Illusion on her back and put him inside the tent that they had set up earlier. She set him down on a sleeping bag and put the blanket over him, "Just rest." she said while closing the flap. Claire then opened her backpack and started to treat her scratches from the fights. She grunted as she wiped some disinfecting stuff she found inside the med kit onto her scratches. "Dang no band aids. Oh well." she shrugged then put the stuff away. As she finished she fell asleep on the floor, using her backpack as a pillow.

Blitz landed at the site, walking to the tent and opening the flap, he smiled at the sight. "Sleep tight you two," He said as he pulled a blanket over Claire, "You both need it." Blitz sat down outside, relishing the wind blowing lightly on his face, " An interesting day, perhaps our lives will be just as exciting as our Parents was, though it seems ours may be more dangerous."

Blitz let them rest for a few hours, it was early evening when he got Princess Celestia’s message scroll. He had just finished a smore when he burped it out, excusing himself he unrolled the scroll. Starburst was returned to normal and being monitored by the nurse staff for her injuries, he would make Illusion apologize later for hitting her with one of his magic attacks. The Changelings had all been rounded up, and along with their Queen, sent to the Super Max Prison known as Purgatory. Blitz sighed with relief as he set the scroll down, then heard commotion behind him, turning he saw Illusion step out carefully from the tent. “I believe I owe everypony an apology, and my greatest gratitude. If Claire hadn’t been there, I don’t want to think about what would have happened next.” He said solemnly as he went to sit beside the fire across from Blitz, his amber eyes stared into the flames with shame. Blitz blew a small flicker of fire, “You knew Chrysalis was a strong opponent, instinctively you forced yourself to draw on magic power you haven’t trained with before. In all honesty things might have gone for the worst had you not. At least now you know what your limits are, just make sure you apologize to my Sister, and to Starburst. She’s back to normal now, and resting from her wounds.” Blitz explained to him simply. Illusion looked past him to stare at the tent where Claire slept, “Yeah, I know my limits, and my weaknesses. I’ll make it up to you all, I promise you this.”

Starburst was in Canterlot laying in a hospital bed, inside the castle. Currently her front left hoof and her back right hoof were broken. Starburst had dozens of scratches (which had been treated by the nurses) around her body. Her whole body ached from the fight with the changelings earlier. As she thought this, the wooden door which lead to her room creaked open. It was the nurse. "Hello sweetie! How are you feeling?" the nurse asked while lifting a tray with her magic. She trotted to the side of Starburst bed, "I brought you some more jello!" the nurse smiled, as she set the tray on Starburst's lap. Starburst mentally hit herself in the head. All she had been eating the past few hours was Jello. Not to mention the worse flavor. Yellow jello. "Hah..thanks. Starburst fake smiled as the nurse trotted happily out of the room. "Man, I hope I can see everyone again soon." Starburst sighed and set the jello aside and quickly fell asleep.

Claires eyes flickered open as she heard Blitz and Illusion talking outside the tent. Claire felt refreshed after the long nap she had taken. She unzipped the flap and walked over to the group, "Hey Blitz. Hey Illusion. How are you feeling?"

Illusion looked down and away, Blitz rubbed the back of his head, “Still a little drained but feeling good, how are you?” He asked in return. Illusion grit his teeth, blaming himself for her injuries.

((Sorry, on vacay))

”She’s alright now, back to normal, just healing from her injuries now. Princess Celestia said Illusion can pick her up tomorrow.” Blitz explained, Illusion froze, his eyes wide in a mixture of fear and nervousness. His Mother would ask about what happened, that was a fact. Blitz blew on the fire a little, causing it to flare up, interrupting Illusions thoughts. He still sat nervously, his mind racing with thoughts of his actions.

Claire noticed that Illusion all of a sudden seemed nervous, or scared. She put a hoof on his shoulder, "Its okay Illusion. Everything will be fine." she assured, "If you want I can go instead".

((Cool))

“No, it’s alright, I will go. My Mother probably wants to know a few things, and she rightly deserves to.” Illusion told her with a weak smile, hiding the fact he was still very nervous. Blitz glanced between the two, “Im gonna turn in early, goodnight you two.” He said with a fake cough before he went to his tent. Seconds later, a light snoring sound came from the tent, Illusion sighed with a smirk, “Your brother can go to sleep so easily, as one who doesn’t require sleep, I’m quite jealous.” He chuckled lightly.

Claire chuckled, "Well I slept already so now im bored..wait." Claire trotted to her backpack and took out the things she got at the store to make s'mores. "Wanna make s'mores?" she smiled, setting the things down a few feet away from the fire.

Claire as well prepared a s'more for herself. She hovered a random stick she found nearby the woods and put a marshmallow on it. Claire stuck the stick in the middle of the marshmallow then started roasting it, then putting it in between the gram crackers and chocolate. "Yeeeeeessssss" she mumbled as she inserted it in her mouth, then smiled from the taste.

Starburst was hitting herself in the face with a pillow. She was so bored since she was just sitting in the hospital all day. Starburst was internally screaming. All of a sudden her mom and dad (Twilight and Flash) came running inside. "Starburst!" Twilight cried, as she bear hugged her, "Your okay!" Flash finished Twilight's sentence. "C-cant b-breath" Starburst said as she got squeezed by her parents. As she said this they let go, "Heh sorry.." Twilight chuckled, "Its fine." Starburst replied, shrugging. "So me and your father heard what happened out there. Chrysalis came back?" her mother questioned. Starburst nodded. "Wow." Flash exhaled and frowned, "So who Claire Illusion and Blitz were there with you?", Starburst nodded once again. "Thank goodness Celestia had a cure!" Flash smiled. "Yeah..." Starburst lay in bed as her parents couldn't stop talking. 'Huh...Maybe thats why they get along so well. Hah.' Starburst thought, then mentally laughed.

Illusion finished roasting his marshmallow to a golden brown before putting on the chocolate topped cracker, then putting another cracker on top. He took a bite and nodded in approval, “That is good. It’s the little things in life that can be the best.”

Claire nodded in agreement as she roasted another marshmallow. “True that.” She roasted another marshmallow over the fire. She then put it in between another gram cracker chocolate. She continued this until she had about ten, then swallowed them all in one go. Claire then later on her back and rubbed her full stomach, “Man I’m so full.” She burped after she said this. 

((lol usually its mondays))

Illusion chuckled, "S'mores, they have sweet spot in all living things, never failing to lift the spirits." He sighed as he looked into the fire, his went solemn, "Claire, we need to talk." 

((Nice to have ya back. Also, I look forward to Mondays actually. lol I get a fresh new start on the week. I hate Tuesdays cause I know I have a lot to do on those days.))

Claire raised an eyebrow as she sat upright, "Yeah whats up?". Shortly after this she burped, "Excuse me."  Claire chuckled at herself and went silent waiting for Illusion to finish,

Illusion chuckled, "I wanted to thank you for being there for me, and also to apologize for hurting you." His tone changed as he recalled the events earlier that day, "I was still conscious during my... slip-up, and its going to haunt me for the rest of my days, especially what I did to you." He told er solemnly.

Claire sighed as the stood up then sat down beside him, "Illusion it's okay. Don't regret what you did. I..have been hurt far more then you've hurt me." Claire paused, thinking about something. She then shook her head and snapped herself out of her thoughts, "Don't let it haunt you. I'm okay. Its just nice to know that you care." Claire smiled. "I will always be here if it ever happens again, by your side."

Illusion grew a little red in the face, he looked away swallowing nervously, "UH yeah... thank you, I really appreciate it." He said out loud awkwardly. From inside the tent, Blitz yelled out, Keep it down out there, some of us actually need sleep!" Illusion froze stiff and bowed his head many times, "Apologies!" He yelled quickly, then suddenly a pillow flew out from the tent and smacked Illusion in the face, sending him toppling over the log. "Sorry..." He mumbled more quietly.

Claire started to chuckle, "Quiet? Oh i'll give him quiet.."  she waited a few minutes for him to fall asleep. Claire then tip toed to Blitz's tent and used her magic to levitate the curtains. She slowly trotted a few steps and then got a cup of warm water and carefully lifted his hoof and inserted it inside the bowl. After she was done, she walked backwards out of the tent and waited for his reaction.

Archived