The Next Generation (Closed)

GigiThePug

Blitz swirled around, batting Changlings away with his tail, then following through with precision fire ball breaths. Illusion teleported before a group could reach him, instead they were met with a magical blast that stunned them. A second later, Illusion appeared beside Blitz, “Go and get Starburst, Claire and I will handle Her Highness.” Blitz nodded and stormed after the Changlings that took Starburst, Illusion summoned explosions around him to fend off the rest of the Changlings.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claire and Chrysalis were currently battling. Claire's claws slashed at the changelings around her as she battled chrysalis. Chrysalis kept shooting beams from her horn but Claire could only dodge them since she didn't know any spells. Claire had her mind placed on her friends most of the fight though. She was breathing heavily as Chrysalis hit a beam where Claire had gotten bitten earlier. She groaned and yelled, "Illusion a little help!" .

((Sorry I didnt write that good. It was rushed :/))

Illusion appeared next to Claire, pressing up against her to brace her up, “My Apologies, it takes a bit to prep a spell strong enough for somepony of her caliber.” As be spoke, several purple magic circles materialized around Chrysalis, Illusion held out his front right leg and then stomped down, “Bang.” Instantly the circles lit up in a massive explosion, Illusion braced himself as he cast a force field around him and Claire, the ground gave way beneath them.

Blitz quickly caught up with Starburst and the Changlings who were holding her, he charged one head on, knocking it into a nearby tree. He then pivoted on one front clawed hoof to swing around to blast another with a fiery breath. The last Changling stared in terror as Blitz approached him, looming over the tiny thing and looking down on him with gleaming reptilian eyes. The Changling shook his head, and then punched himself in the face, his eyes rolled back into his head as he fell back unconscious like his comrades. Blitz raised an eyebrow in confusion, “Am I really that scary? Oh thats right!” He exclaimed as he rushed over to the cocoon that incased around Starburst, “Hang in there Starburst, We’ll get you in no time-“ He was cut off as giant explosion sounded behind him, the shockwave from it blew past like a strong gale force wind, “What the... Illusion? Wait.... You better have kept Claire safe!” 

((XD I died at that changeling))

Chrysalis honestly looked shocked as Illusion made these spells.  Claire wasn't though, since she knew he was obviously the son of two huge pony's in equestria, "We're fine Blitz!" Claire yelled quickly.  As the smoke cleared Chrysalis's horn was glowing green as she made a force field around her as well. All of a sudden chrysalis smirked as the changelings around her shifted into Claire, Illusion, and blitz, just like when their parents had fought the army. All of a sudden Claire found herself surrounded by copies of her.

Starburst, wasn't doing good. The cage that she was in was burning her flesh and slowly turning her into a changeling. You can tell obviously that her skin wasn't its normal color; it was more..dark. Claire could tell where the holes on her body will be since those were the darkest spots.

Illusion grit his teeth as his copies surrounded him, "Foolish bugs, attempting to trick me?" He growled as he cast a purple ring around him that spread out and blasted the copies away. "Chrysalis!" He called out, "Enough with your sad pawns, come and face me, and find out who you are really up against!" As he spoke, his black fur around his neck began to harden, a dark purple aura surrounded his body. Suddenly his right eye lit up with a purple and green flame, the tell tale sign a Black Magic, Illusion was losing control of himself. Blitz exploded the area around him with a huge flaming breath, taking care of his copies. He turned to Starburst and unsheathed his claws before sticking them into the cocoon, he flexed his muscles and started to very slowly pull the cocoon apart. "Hang On Star!"

((thought I'd throw some comedy in there lol))

((Sorry it took me so long to reply.))

Claire was currently fighting her copies. Everywhere she turned there seemed to be at least three copies in her way. Claires horns glowed bright as she set the changelings around her on fire and glanced at Illusion. "Oh no.." she mumbled, "Illusion! Keep it together!" Claire yelled, as she fought more changelings.  Meanwhile, Starburst's transformation was complete. Her eyes snapped open and she broke open the cocoon and smacked Blitz a few feet away and hissed. Chrysalis started to cackle as she saw this, "The transformation is complete!" she smiled as, well used to be, Starburst ran to Queen chrysalis. Starburst noticed that Illusion was full of dark magic and was distracted by Chrysalis so she used this as an advantage. Starburst's fangs grew sharp as she bit into Illusions neck.

The world flashed twice, and Chrysalis and Illusion switched places, two puncture marks bled a little from Illusions neck, "That was close, any longer and she might have actually done some damage." He chuckled wildly. Blitz shook himself before charging over to Claire, blasting a few changelings with a fiery breath. "Illusion is letting his magic get out of control, any longer, and Chrysalis wont be our only adversary. Any ideas?" He asked hopefully before swinging his tail and batting a changeling away that was trying to sneak up on him. Illusion took a step, casting a magic blast at Chrysalis that split into several purple fireballs. 

Chrysalis screamed in agony, "YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT RUNT" Chrysalis kicked Starburst and stood up as her horn glowed. "No not really but you're right we do need to do something. If he looses control who knows..he might attack us.." Claire mumbled the last part. Chrysalis started running towards Claire and used a spell as a aura off magic wrapped around her neck and started squeezing. Chrysalis smiled, "If you don't get your little friend to stop, I will kill her!" Chrysalis stared at Blitz.

Blitz grit his teeth in a snarl, but it quickly turned to surprise as Illusion appeared in front of Chrysalis, cutting off her magic aura with a flick of his tail. "We weren't done dancing My Lady." Illusions aura spread out and manifested into a fist that punched Chrysalis back, next he followed up with several more purple fireballs.

Claire dropped to the floor with a thud and was gasping for air. Chrysalis snarled as her horn glowed to make a green force field blocking Illusions hits. She then used a teleportation spell and appeared a few feet away, "Go to canterlot my changelings! We have no time for these puny ponies!" she yelled. Right after she finished her sentence the changelings started to fly away north, which was probably the way to canterlot. Claire stood up and watched as Starburst flew away with them. She frowned at the sight the sighed, "Now what..".

Illusion grinned wildly as he cast multiple purple fireballs, split between attacking Chrysalis further, and at the changelings heading to Canterlot. Their numbers diminished a little. Blitz spread his wings out, "Stay here and make sure He doesn't continue on after he beats Chrysalis, I'll going after Starburst, I'll send a message scroll to Princess Celestia on the way." He told her before taking off towards the Changelings.

Claire nodded as Blitz flew away. Claire stood beside Illusion as he cast fireballs then started shooting fireballs at the army as well. Half of the army ended up arriving at Canterlot. "Dang. We only got half of the army.." Claire frowned.

Luckily, Celestia had received Blitz’s warning in time, the Royal Guard’s Magic Division had already casted a barrier similar to the one Shining Armor used many years before. Blitz burst forward with a grin as he bashed into multiple Changelings, he landed onto the barrier to face the army of Changelings, “Bring it on bugs, with the city protected, I can finally let loose.” Flames parted from his mouth as he spoke.

“Who cares, we got the Queen right where we need her.” Illusion laughed as he released more magic, casting a destructive wave towards Chrysalis that tore up the ground in its path.

As Illusion did his CLaire fell on her face, "Watch out Illusion.." then stood up and dusted herself off. 

Chrysalis screamed in anger, "You may have blocked me but I still ave your precious starburst!" She grinned as she started flying away with her. Then, the wave that Illusion had sent hit them. Chrysalis landed onto the ground bleeding along with Starburst doing the same right beside her.

Illusion stood fast as he canceled out his own magic with ease, "Trying to use my own attack against me? What a foolish Queen Bee, I'll just have to send her to Tartarus along with everyone of her Changeling brood, and be done with this nonsense." He chuckled wildly as he started towards Canterlot, the purple and green flame from his left eye grew larger as the Black Magic consumed him further.

Blitz sucked in a large breath, then roared, unleashing an enormous fiery blaze that blew the changeling army down from the sky. Panting, Blitz let out a sigh, "That was awesome, but extremely draining."

"Illusion i'm serious knock it off.." Claire was nervous. She had never seen Illusion like this before. Yeah he would play with his magic every so often but she knew that the dark magic was getting to him.

Illusions face went dark as several magic vines appeared around Claire, “No, I’m being serious, move aside or begone from this Reality.” His tone was cold as ice, his snake-like eyes burned with rage.

Illusions magic vines slowly started to wrap around Claire as she was frozen in fear, the vine around her neck began to suffocate her. Suddenly a tear slid down from Illusions right eye, the real Illusion was there, scratching to get out from the darkness that was consuming him.

Blitz walked up to Chrysalis and Starburst, smoothly he scooped up Starburst, “Don’t you worry Star, Princess Celestia is already getting prepared for you. As for you,” His tone switched from soft to icy cold as he addressed the injured Chrysalis, “Princess Luna will be along to take you away, and be punished for your treachery.” As he turned around, Princess Luna and Several Royal Guards flew down to them.

Claire started to struggle to breath and her eyes began turning pink. She then used her magic and lit the vines on fire, then falling to the ground as they burned. Claire coughed and gasped for air. 

Starburst lay in his arms, unconscious. 

((I'm tired so sorry if I didn't write that good :/))

((No prob))

Illusion looked down on her with a dark expression, “You are.... Annoying.” He started to walk around her, “If you know whats good for you, don’t follow, or try to stop me.”

Blitz flew back to the castle with haste, he met with a few nurses who put Starburst onto a hospital bed. They were soon heading down the hall, towards Princess Celestia’s Study.

Claire had gotten angry at this point. She wasn’t gonna let him run around like this, so she made a force field made of fire around him. “illusion I know your in there. Fight the darkness!” Claire hoped that the dark side of him wouldn’t attack her....again.

Illusion had paused mid step, he slowly turned his head around, his fierce glare sent chills down Claire’s spine. Instantly the fiery shield dispersed, “I’ve had just about enough of you.” His voice came from behind Claire as he swiped with his right paw, sharp claws gleamed in the sunlight as they raced towards Her neck. Suddenly his paw stopped, just inches from her skin, a small shockwave blew the grass back around them. Illusion looked confused and angered, his body trembling as he kept trying to move his body, but to no avail. “Claire,” Illusions voice was different now, “I need you to close my eyes for me, I can’t do it alone.” He told her wishfully, Illusions fight to the surface had won him a few moments of time to speak.

Archived