Merry Cherry (Closed)

Kahoot

Cherry sits down in one of the seats, carefully pulling her bowl closer, the heat that accumulates at the bottom makes it hard for her to even touch it. She sniffs the soup and smiles at the delicious scent, she hasn't eaten since lunch, so she was more than happy with just soup for right now. Cherry's cheeks turn bright red at his question, she shrugs and looks down a bit embarrassed, "Well... I don't usually have guests... So I simply drink from the bowl, though, it can be hard since the bowl is hot... So, I don't make hot food often..." She says shyly, looking down at the soup bowl in front of her. 

Cherry looks to Ejaz, "Would you like a spoon?" She asks politely, wanting to make sure he was comfortable before she began to eat. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ejaz listened to her answer while examining the bowl of soup himself, the smell was mesmerizing, the stallion could tell he wasn’t going to forget it anytime soon, and he’s had a lot of soups since he gets sick once or twice every year without fail. So he had to admit that maybe he might actually have seconds after this if the actuall taste was anything like, or even better than, the smell. Once Cherry finished her answer, Ejaz looked up with a nod and a silent ‘ah’ before smiling slightly.

“I guess that makes sense when I think about it....” Ejaz comments looking up in thought, before he heard her question and waved with his wing in a silent and kind decline and winking playfully at his friend.

“Nah I’m good, this is your place, however you eat is how I eat. Honestly I’m confortable either way.” Ejaz states shrugging with a sheepish smile, looking down at the bowl again after a moment and blowing on it to cool it down. Once he thought he was done, Ejaz carefully picked up the edges of the bowl with his hooves and took a sip, his eyes widening as he put the bowl down and held his mouth with his wings. A tiny whimper could be heard from the mechanic before he finally let his mouth free and started laughing.

“Crapbaskets I thought it was enough! It’s taste is amazing but it’s still hot!” The stallion complained with more laughs as he fanned his tongue with his wings and let out a small noise of pain.

Cherry feels much better when he says he will eat the same as her, she gives a soft smile and leans closer to her bowl, allowing her snout to hover over the bowl, the steam rising from the bowl tells her it is still too hot. She sits back, gently blowing at the soup as she patiently waits for it to cool down, she looks over at the stallion her eyes widening as he is already taking a sip. Her ears press back and her jaw drops, at first, she thought his gestures meant he didn't like it.

That is until she realizes he had burnt himself, Cherry quickly gets up, getting a cup and pours ice-cold water into it. She hurries over and places the cup down on the table for him, a blush on her cheeks, "I told you to be careful... Are you alright?" 

Cherry's cheeks only darken in color at the cuss that escaped his mouth, she shakes her head and doesn't say anything about, simply sitting back down in her seat and smiling, "Do you still not want a spoon, Ejaz?"

Ejaz continued fanning his mouth with his wings as he sees Cherry getting a cup of water for him, inwardly, Ejaz was already scolding himself for not being careful and burning himself. Once he saw the cup of water, Ejaz gently took it with his wings and poured it into his mouth, letting it sit to cool down his tongue before swallowing and taking a deep breath. Upon hearing her question, Ejaz gave a sheepish smile with cheeks red in embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his head with a wing.

“Yeah I’m sure I’ll be okay...” He reassures, sighing again as he started blowing on the soup more, pausing when he heard her second question and nodding.

“Pretty sure, I just need to be careful like you said.... and... um... sorry for my language.... it kinda just came out...” Ejaz apologizes, looking away with red cheeks as he hoped he wouldn’t end up saying ‘crapbaskets’ anytime soon.

Cherry watched as the stallion chugged the cold water, a small smile appearing on her face as she then goes and takes a careful sip of her soup, not burning herself like the stallion had, "You just have to be patient..." She says softly, placing the bowl and laughing a bit, "I am glad you're alright, let's hope it doesn't swell or become worse..." Cherry takes his empty cup, refilling it with more cold water and placing it back down close to him, "Just in case..."

The mare begins to drink her soup quietly, a content and calm look on her face as she enjoys the warm liquid, "It's alright, I understand... I was just a bit surprised... I never really heard anyone say a foul word, though, I've read it in books a few times."

“I see that now...” Ejaz replies looking at his bowl cautiously and blowing more air to cool it down further, watching as Cherry got him another cup and nodding in both thanks and agreement.

“Yeah... hopefully I can still taste..” Ejaz says staring at his bowl of soup before looking away and coughing a little, sniffing as his nose got a little stuffy. The pegasus then saw Cherry begin to drink hers and figured it was then finally fine to drink his. So carefully Ejaz picked uo his bowl and took a small sip, letting the taste sit in his mouth before swallowing and smiling brightly.

“This taste really good. Thanks alot for making this Cherry!” Ejaz happily states, taking another sip as he listened to her explanation on her experience with curses.

“Well... I honestly don’t see the problem with them... I don’t say them because I like to use better and more descriptive vocabulary that might not offend somepony....  But when we really think about it... Curses are just, words, like everything else...” Ejaz says looking at his bowl of soup and blowing on it again before looking at Cherry and smiling slightly.

“Besides, I don’t really consider the phrase ‘c-baskets’ to be a curse... but I’ll make an extra effort to not say it if it makes you uncomfortable.” Ejaz offers with a kind smile. Now, that’s not to say that he says the phrase everyday, but when he gets frustrated, that word might slip from his mouth every now and then, so, Ejaz asked if it made uncomfortable for Cherry so that, incase of the situation when he does get frustrated enough to say the phrase, he’ll know whether or not to make an effort not to say it. Though soon the mechanic smack himself with a wing at his own words.

“You know what? Don’t answer that, I’ll just make an effort not to say the phrase.” Ejaz informs smiling sheepishly  with red cheeks before taking another sip of his soup, for if any other reason other than helping with his mini-cold, just to shut himself up.

Cherry hadn't served herself as much as Ejaz, so she was done within no time, she also wasn't one to have a big appetite. She let out a satisfied hum, carrying her bowl to the sink and rinsing it down, deciding to wash it later. She returns to her seat, wanting to wait for Ejaz to finish, "It's alright... I just... It was a bit surprising..." she says shyly, rubbing her snout, "I should get us a box of tissues..."  The mare disappears for a few minutes, most likely getting tissues as she had originally said.

The mare came back not a minute later, holding a pink and white striped box of tissues, her cheeks turned red, "I'm sorry... I only have pink tissue boxes..." She says and giggles a bit embarrassed, "I suppose I should buy more things that aren't the color pink." She takes a seat, removing one tissue and using it to rub her snout, she didn't want to blow it just yet since her snout felt a bit dry, "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

Ejaz watched Cherry finish her bowl, the stallion looking at his own before finishing it quickly, taking a deep breath in satisfaction before getting up and using his wings to take his bowl to the sink. Following what Cherry did and only rinsing the bowl out, then leaving it neatly stacked on top of the mare’s bowl. Looking over, the pegasus was confused when Cherry had suddenly disappeared, tilting his head and looking around curiously before seeing the mare return with tissues. Upon seeing the color of the box, Ejaz smiled with warmth in his eyes.

“Don’t be sorry, I honestly think it’s adorable that you have things in your favorite color.” Ejaz states happily as he takes a tissue and holds it incase he had to sneeze.

“So... what now?” The pegasus asked with an innocent tilt of his head. Before giving a shake of his head.

“Oh... And I don’t need anything.” Hee adds patting Cherry’s head in a playful and friendly matter.

"Adorable? I don't see how it's adorable... But thank you..." Cherry smiles, putting the tissues on the table before looking at the clock, the color already being more than obvious, that hung just above the doorway. Her eyes widened at the time and she blushed, "Well, I need to get to... I mean, I would like to get to bed, I usually get ready for it around this time..." She states shyly and smiles, "You don't have to yet... You can just relax by the fire and help yourself to things in the fridge." 

Cherry picks up the tissues, "Though, if you are tired as well... I am just going to grab a few more pillows and blankets because the weather is supposedly getting colder later." With that, Cherry trots off, disappearing once more in her house, though, you can definitely hear where she might be as she shuffles through a closet in the hall.

“I’ve been told that I’m fairly odd in some of the things I find adorable.... but you’re welcome.” Ejaz replies with a soft grin, watching the mare as she places the tissues on the table before following her eyes to the clock. Seeing how late it was, Ejaz tilted his head wondering how time passed that fast before giving his attention to the mare as she spoke to him. Silently, Ejaz listened to both of her statements, thinking about his own decision before smiling casually and looking at Cherry.

“Nah, if anything I’ll go get some sleep now.” Ejaz informs as he curiously follows the earth pony to see what she was doing.

“So.... umm... where is your room?” The pegasus asks glancing around the hallway as he waited outside the closet and could hear Cherry shuffling around inside.

Cherry comes out of the closet not a moment later, heaps of blankets covering nearly all of her, her snout peaks out and she smiles, "Right..." The mare shuffles off, the blankets still securely wrapped and piled on her, as she moved, she looked like a marshmallow, she nearly bumped into a white door with pink flower designs on it, "Here." She carefully opens the door and hurries inside, freeing herself of the blankets by hopping on the bed and roll over, causing the blankets to unravel and fall off her.

The mare sits up and giggles, "Blankets, check... Let me go get a few pillows." With that, she stands up once more, heading back out of her room, back to the closet, and returning once again to her room, holding one pillow in her mouth while she balances the rest on her back, "Ejaz, are you sure you want to share a bed? I mean..." Cherry examines the bed, it isn't as small as she made out, though, considering the stallion is much larger than she is, it would be a tight fit, "I don't mind! I just... Your comfort is my top priority." Cherry speaks as she makes the bed more presentable.

Ejaz paused as he turned and saw the balnket pile that was Cherry, and was unable to hold in any of the snickers that snuck out his mouth.

“You- you look like a marshmallow...” Ejaz informs snickering more before a worried expression replaced his amused one as he saw the mare almost bump into the door. Following her inside, Ejaz couldn’t help but let out a lone laugh when she flopped about on her bed to get the blankets off, the stallion watching silently as Cherry once again left the room, and returned balancing multiple pillows on her back. Listening to her question, Ejaz walked over and gently picked the pillows off Cherry’s back and carried them with his wings, head tilted up slightly as he thought about how to answer, and after being unable to find the right words, just simply gave her a soft smile and a nod, before then walking back to her bed and placing the pillows neatly next to each other. 

((Sorry for disappearing, I was hanging out with family for New Years))

Cherry smiles as she hears him snicker, at first a bit confused as to why until she realized how she must have looked with all those blankets suffocating her. Cherry lets out her own laugh fixing the bed to be a lot more... Neat? Though, she put minimal effort due to the fact the bad would be used right about now. The mare climbed onto the incredibly comfy mattress, taking up the one side of the bed which was indeed the left from her perspective. 

She makes herself comfortable, somewhat nervous about this situation but she doesn't want to be rude considering she already agreed to share the bed with her new friend. Instead, she takes a deep breath and simply throws herself back against the pillow with a faint THUMP  sound. "Well... Have a good night, Ejaz..."

Ejaz watched Cerry a little more before realizing it might be creepy, so the male decided to help her neaten up the bed. Afterwards he let her climb onto the mattress first and saw which side she took, knowing now what side he’ll be on, Ejaz walked over and climbed as carefully as he could on that side. Thankfully, the mechanic was slightly lighter than the standard pegasus so the worry of the bed breaking faded back in Ejaz’s mind a little. Getting comfortable himself, it had just clicked in Ejaz’s mind how awkward and nervous this must be for Cherry; the two just met a couple of hours back and now here she was about to share her bed with him. Ejaz honestly felt guilty now, looking over at Cherry with some worry as he wanted to ask her a question.

“Are... Are you sure you’re okay with this...? I-it’s alright if it’s not... It... It kinda just clicked in my head how awkward and nervous this must be making you.... I... I-I’ll move back out to the couch if you’d like.” Came Ejaz’s offer, a shy apologetic smile showing on his face as he hoped there was maybe something he could do to help the mare feel less nervous.

((Holy heavens! I’m so sorry for disappearing again for as long as I did!))

Cherry turned over to face him, giving a shy smile, "It's alright, as you said earlier... Sharing all the blankets and pillows will make us both warmer considering no heat travels into my home... Don't worry about it and just rest, it's pretty late." She pulls the covers over herself, pretty much curling up into a ball as well as wrapping herself in the warmth of the blankets, "Goodnight, Ejaz... Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite... Not that I have bed bugs, that would be horrible!" Cherry whispers quickly, blushing slightly.

Of course, Cherry did feel a bit awkward and nervous, though, she didn't believe that Ejaz had any ill intention, especially considering how respectful he has been to her. The mare closes her tired eyes, making sure to keep to her side and not invade her friend's personal space, something she took seriously when it came to others.

Ejaz’s could feel his expression change into a surprised one once he heard Cherry’s words, looking away in thought before shifting his gaze back to the mare as he heard the sheets shift and move. The pegasus stayed quiet as he listened to her wish him a nice night, chuckling once she quickly informed him of her lack of bedbugs, feeling his cheeks redden slightly at her cuteness, Ejaz smiled warmly before curling up on his side of the bed and using his wings to both pull a blanket on him and as an extra layer of warmth. Though, after a minute, opened them to work as an extra layer for both occupants of the bed.

“I wish you sweet dreams Cherry...” Ejaz speaks in a soft tone, closing his eyes to drift off. This day started off nice, the stallion being able to do quite a couple of things throughout the day. It took a slightly sad turn once he spotted the lone mare. But after getting to know her, becoming as attached as he did, and seeing where they are now.

Ejaz could say this was an amazing day indeed.

((Should we time skip or do you want to end the rp?))

The sound of birds singing loudly outside of the window was Cherry's alarm, causing her to wake up slowly, but surely. The room is quiet and at first glance, it seems to be completely empty, that is until Cherry remembers her guest from last night and peers beside her. She can see the Pegasus still sleeping, she doesn't blame him, if she could she would still be sleeping as well. Alas, once she is awake there is no going back. Cherry carefully, quietly, and quickly gets out of the comfortable bed, walking into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for herself and Ejaz when he wakes up.

The kitchen was still like Cherry left it, she remembers the leftover pasta, but who would want to eat plain old pasta for breakfast? Well, she couldn't judge what people eat in the mornings since everyone was different. The cabinets had pancake mix, waffles, cereal, oats, and so many other breakfast-y things. Although, most of it has been used and wouldn't be enough for two people, so, Cherry decided to make both pancakes with toast on the side since only three small pancakes each would surely not quench either of their appetites. 

Ejaz regained his consciousness and couldn’t help but let out a silent yawn, raising from the bed as he remembered the events of the previous day. The stallion felt the big smile growing on his face as today was a new day with his new (and second ever) best friend! This beige mechanic could barely contain his excitement and curiosity on the possible events of today. Glancing around for the mare he had grown very fond of, Ejaz had found himself confused when he couldn’t find her, only for the smell of a delicious breakfast informed him of her presence. Climbing out, Ejaz made sure to neaten the bed up as much as he could before heading out of the room into the living area. Glancing around for Cherry and smiling when he found her.

“Good morning Cherry! How was your sleep last night?” Ejaz greets and inquires with a bright smile and a slightly wagging tail. The stallion’s nose twitching before he took a moment to smell the food and try to figure out what it was; then his eyes suddenly began shining with a new kind of excitement as he returned his attention to the earth pony in front of him.

“Pancakes?” Came Ejaz’s excited question accompanied by a tilt of his head.

Cherry flinched at the sudden greeting, though, she immediately relaxed at the familiar voice. She turns around with a happy grin, "Good morning, Ejaz... I slept very well, how about you?" Cherry turns back around once more and continues to flip the pancakes in the pan, not wanting to burn them or remove them too soon. The last thing Cherry wants is to provide her friend with a horrible breakfast. She pulls two clean plates from the cabinet, setting them down with utensils and a cup, slowly and carefully. 

"Yes, I hope you don't mind pancakes! I have a selective choice of fruit if you would like fruit on your pancakes... I even have whipped cream and syrup. There are," Cherry pauses and looks in her vegetable and fruit pantry, "Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries,... Bananas, grapes, apples, oranges... And... Cherries!" She smiled, taking cherries from the cabinet to put on her own pancake, "Are you thirsty? I have juice... Orange, grape, apple, cranberry, mango... And I might have a few coffee beans and tea bags, that is if you want tea or coffee."

Ejaz was slightly startled to see the earth pony flinch that hard, maybe he should’ve said it in a quieter voice? Regardless, the pegasus paid attention to her question before giving a nod in confirmation.

“Actually.... yes...I slept pretty well last night..” Ejaz answers politely while watching Cherry cook the breakfast, the mechanic simply walking over, listening and watching as she listed off all the things she had that they could add to his pancakes. It took a moment, Ejaz thinking of what should he add before looking at Cherry.

“Umm.... do you have any maple syrup?” Came his curious question, Ejaz glancing around the cabenet before hearing her suggestion on what juice he wanted, and it didn’t take him long at all to decide.

“Orange juice please.” Ejaz stated with a smile, going slient as he watched Cherry move around the kitchen and glanced at the table, before looking at the pink mare again, a curious and slightly shy expression on his face.

“Is... I-is there anyway I could help?” He asked feeling semi-awkward, Ejaz didn’t like the idea of standing by and letting a friend do all the work, so, he was going to ask whenever he could. Unless the friend tells him not to ask, then that’s a different story, but until then, Ejaz was going to offer his services because that’s what he loved to do, especially when the person is a new close friend of his.

Cherry hurried over to the cabinet and took down the maple syrup, balancing it on her head while grabbing the orange juice from the fridge. She carefully placed both on the counter, pouring orange juice from the pitcher into a cup. The mare placed his plate of pancakes down in front of him, then his cup, and finally the syrup, "I hope you like it... I've never cooked for anyone else so..." Cherry trailed off with a shy expression, "I don't need any help, thank you, though." 

The mare went back and prepared her own plate, placing the cherries on her pancakes and pouring herself cranberry juice, she brought her own meal to the table as well utensils for the both of them. Although, before Cherry even touched anything she made for herself, she went to the bathroom, disappearing for a few minutes. The pink mare returns with her usually fluffy mane tied up and out of her face, all for the purpose of it not getting in the way while she eats. Now with her hair no longer a problem, she begins to eat shyly, keeping her eyes and head down as she does so. No matter how long Ejaz might stick around, Cherry will probably never be able to not be shy and awkward, especially when eating since she always liked to have good manners, even with familiar friends and family.

Ejaz watched Cherry set everything up (and noticed that he was doing a lot of watching recently) and took his seat at the table. The stallion looked down at the pancakes coated with the maple syrup, and smiled warmly as the scent reached his nose. The mechanic tilted his head as he saw her excuse herself to the bathroom, only to come back out with her hair up. Feeling curious, Ejaz himself raised a wing to back of his head, and felt the black bow that held the lower end of his long mane together, and decided that he didn’t really have to fix his own hair.

“I’m certain it’ll taste good.” Ejaz states confidently as he uses his wings to pick up the utensils, cut off a peice, and stick it in his mouth. There Ejaz sat, quietly chewing on the pancake with his eyes closed as he focused on the taste, putting his utensils down, the pegasus savored the taste for a little longer before swallowing. It was then that Ejaz’s eyes had opened with a newfound shine of awe in their bright red color.

“Cherry... this... this is awesome!” Came the stallion’s cheer before he happily dug into his food, while still keeping his table manners, after swallowing getting an idea as a metaphorical lightbulb went off in his head.

“Maybe you should start cooking and selling food for bits, even if it’s just breakfast stuff, I’d say you cook better than a couple of resturants I’ve been too.” Ejaz happily compliments with a big grin. He already had a feeling today was going to be a great day, and such an amazing tasting breakfast like this only cemented his thoughts. But in the back of his head, he couldn’t help but feel like he should do something for the kind earth pony in return, the only question, was what? Well, looks like Ejaz will have to wait and see if an opportunity comes up.

Cherry sat in anticipation, watching how his expression changes when he ate the pancakes she made, at first, she was worried he didn't like it. The last thing she wanted was to embarrass herself and ruin the stallion's breakfast, though, she was wrong. Her own eyes brightened happily as his shine, she giggles and her cheeks turn every shade of red from his compliment, "R-Really? I am glad you like it... I'll cook for you more often!" She states shyly, beginning to eat her own meal, starting with the two cherries she put on top.

"M-Me? I don't know... Even if I were to do that, I don't think I'd be very passionate about it... I prefer gardening, but... I'll keep that in mind! Maybe during the autumn and winter, I can't exactly garden this time of year... The flowers would just freeze to death!" Cherry pouted, she immediately thinks of the days she and the mare, she has mentioned a few times, when they would garden together. They were fun memories and it saddened Cherry's heart as she remembers her friend's disappearance, "My friend encouraged me to use my skills as a gardener to make a profit... She was really kind and I don't want to let her down." Cherry's voice grew sad and she began to quietly eat her food.

"This year... I want to plant as many purple flowers as possible... Especially purple blossoms and lavenders..." 

Archived