Merry Cherry (Closed)

Kahoot

4691926342536297591%253Faccount_id%253D1Cherry Blossom

The jolly cheers and laughter filled the air this cold day, for everypony have gathered outside to enjoy this one jolly day every year. Colorful decorations, mounds of snow every which way you look, frozen lakes to skate upon, and ponies simply having the happiest of time. Of course, that is nothing new considering Ponyville is often happy, though, Christmas was the happiest of all. It is a time for giving, not because you have to, but because you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart.

Unfortunately, not everyone was having a jolly Christmas, for there are a few lonely ponies this year who have been forgotten. No decorations, no friends to chat with, and absolutely no presents to give or take.

That includes the shy, pink pony who can often be seen gardening during Spring and Summer, her name being Cherry Blossom. During Christmas, she would usually spend it with her best friend, Flower Eyes, but this year it was different. Her dear friend had gone out of town during the worse time possible, though, she continued to receive heartwarming letters from her purple pony pal.

None the less, letters can't make up for the fact that today she is sitting all alone outside of a coffee shop due to the inside being full of ponies. Her snout is redder than her pastel pink coat and her ears are buried in the large mess of hair on her head. Her entire being is wrapped in a heavy scarf and other assets to protect her from the cold. While she may look cozy and warm, her eyes held sadness, their usual bright hot pink shade fading to a sad, boring pink.

Just as she thought this usually happy Holiday couldn't get any worse, a large pile of snow fell onto her mane, soaking it as it melted from her body hit, soiling her winter clothes and causing her cheeks and snout to turn as red as a fresh apple from Sweet Apple Acres. 

She lets out a frustrated sigh, putting down her empty cup of hot cocoa, she uses her numb hooves to dust off the remaining snow that hasn't yet melted or soiled her clothes, "I just want a peaceful holiday, but it seems mother nature has other plans..." Cherry Blossom stands up from her seat, throwing out her empty cup of cocoa, she begins to walk sadly, her head hanging low as her now damp mane loses what little bit of character left her in usually shy yet friendly demeanor.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?do=downloadEjaz had wondered what was wrong with today, he had helped a whole bunch of ponies, made his first couple of friends in years in a non-alcoholic drinking contest (or were they just acquaintances? The exact line between friend and simple aquaintance always eluded him) , donated some stuff to charity, and so far has seen ponies play and hang out all day.

So why did it feel like something else was completely wrong?

Ejaz opened his unusually large wings and hovered a little above ground, looking left and right as he searched for whatever it was that he missed, he had partly saw what was wrong with this picture, but it was such a fleeting glance that it almost completely slipped his mind until this moment. So searched the pegasus did, until the source of his confusion and curiosity finally came in his sights. There it was, what was wrong with this picture of countless groups and pairs of ponies having almost endless fun.

A single filly walked alone, head down, shivering and almost colorless.

A sympathetic expression grew on Ejaz’s expression, the pegasus remembering the many, many years he spent Hearths Warming alone, it wasn’t a nice feeling. Nobody deserved to be alone period, let alone on such a positive day, it was just wrong to the stallion on several levels. Glancing at the cloak he currently wore for warmth, Ejaz flew down until he silently landed near Cherry, the mechanic casually walking over and taking the cloak off with his wings before placing it gently on the mare.

“Here you go... You look cold.” Came his soft and quiet voice as he placed the cloak on the younger mare with a gentle smile.

The mare didn't even notice his presence until she felt something being draped over her, she was caught off guard, in result causing her to jump slightly with fright, though, immediately calming down at the sight of another pony. Her vibrant pink eyes look down at the cloak over her shoulders before back at the Pegasus. 

It took her much longer than expected to respond, making it obvious she was a shy mare, "Thank... Thank you." she says quickly, averting her gaze slightly, not knowing what to do or say in such a situation. She never really received kind gestures such as this unless it was from her best friend. She gives a shy smile, causing her dull being to light up a bit.

She stands still, her hooves moving back and forth in the snow awkwardly as she is at loss for words, "I... Um... Thanks?" She blushes, realizing she repeated herself, something she often does when nervous or thinking too hard, "I mean, sorry- I..." The young mare lets out a sigh of defeat, knowing she wasn't the type to start conversations.

Ejaz couldn’t help but feel a little guilty when Cherry jumped upon feeling his cloak, maybe he shouldn’t have technically and accidentally snuck up on her, but it was too late and here he was so might as well not dwell on the past.

Upon hearing her quiet and slow reply, a flash of recognition flowed through Ejaz’s eyes, recognizing her behavior as an almost exact mirror of how he was when he was a colt; quiet, shy, and awkward with difficulty starting a conversation with others. While even currently the stallion had a bit of trouble when it came to starting conversations, he certainly was better and keeping them going once started.

Observantly watching the mare, a calm, relaxed, and gentle smile found it’s way onto Ejaz’s expression, the male quietly watching and waiting for her to finish before giving her head a gentle pat with one of his large wings and then speaking himself.

“You’re welcome.... and hey hey it’s alright... I uh... I didn’t have an easy time socicalizing when I was little..... Still don’t.... so I.... I know what you’re going through... You don’t need to apologize.” Ejaz semi-awkwardly informs in a quiet and soft voice, his gentle smile only growing as the pegasus let out an awkward almost silent chuckle.

Cherry gulps, shuffling in place slightly after he pats her head, not that she minded, it's simply that she was not used to the contact, not even her closest friend really patted her head to reassure her. The mare perks up a bit, her head not hanging as low but rather standing taller than before, feeling a bit more comfortable after the stallion's confession. She stops fidgeting, noticeably calming down and becoming more content with herself.

Her lips curl into a smile, her eyes narrowing a bit from her cheeks lifting due to the smile, "That... Helped... Thank you- I mean, uh... Nevermind." She begins to slowly warm up with the help of this his cloak, she begins to realize she didn't know his name, "I'm Cherry Blossom, but just call me Cherry for short... I haven't seen you before, are you new?" She tilts her head slightly, observing the stallion to make sure she wasn't at all familiar with him, which she wasn't.

Ejaz couldn’t help but let his smile grow bright as he saw Cherry’s posture begin to calm down, happy that he was able to help her relax and smile. Upon hearing her thank him again and then stop herself, Ejaz couldn’t help but let out a gentle chuckle at her cuteness, already knowing that he wanted to hang out with this mare and see how things go. But wait a moment, did he know her name? Oh jeez, in these past moments, Ejaz didn’t even introduce himself, how forgetful of him! The mechanic could feel his cheeks redden slightly in embarrassment as Cherry introduced herself and proceeded to ask for his name, Ejaz glancing away for a moment to try and hide his blush before making eye-contact with the mare and giving an awkward smile.

“Heheh... Where are my manners huh? It’s a pleasure to meet you Cherry, my name is Ejaz, Ejaz Ferron (ey-jazz fer- ron)... I’m uh... Sorry for not introducing myself earlier...” Ejaz awkwardly answers and apologizes, pausing as he listened to Cherry’s question of him being new, and the pegasus gave a small nod with a less awkward and more comfortable smile.

”Actually... Yes... I uh, I arrived almost a week ago so I’m still relatively new..” Was his answer as he gave his surroundings a quick glance around before returning his attention to the mare.

Cherry looks somewhat concerned as the stallion shifts around and looks away, as if he was hiding something, though, she decided not to ask. She watches his behavior and smiles a bit, seeing how his actions were similar to her's. She begins to feel a sense of comfort the longer she speaks with the stallion, losing sight of the fact she had been alone and attacked by mounds of snow. Her spirits had definitely lifted up the longer they spoke, giving her a chance to adjust to speaking with someone new.

"Ejaz... That is an interesting name, I like it... But it's alright, I didn't give you a chance to introduce yourself." The mares snout slowly begins to return to its natural pastel pink, as well as her cheeks and ears as she begins to warm up. Even so, she knew the following day she would catch a cold since her mane was still damp from the snow falling on her, not that she minded, it was a good excuse to stay in bed all day.

"A week ago? Oh, I suppose I would've seen you sooner if it were Summer or Spring, my duties aren't needed during Autumn and Winter." She explains, "Welcome to Ponyville, are you... Um... Enjoying your stay so far?"

Ejaz blinked in surprise at the compliment given to his name, not something that was done often. The stallion nodded as if to say thanks, before noticing her wet hair, Cherry was going to get a cold if they stayed out here, glancing around, Ejaz spotted a cafeteria nearby, before he then looked back at the earth pony as she spoke more.

“Actually.... Yes, I uh, I’ve really liked my stay so far, this place is so much nicer and friendlier compared to other towns I’ve been to...” The pegasus answers with a soft grin before a worried expression found it’s way onto his features.

“Umm... Cherry... Do you want to uh, to head in to the cafeteria over there? You’re mane looks wet... You’ll catch a cold in this weather...” Ejaz informs and asks as he walks a little closer to the mare, the mechanic himself having to admit that he feels more comfortable around the younger earth pony.

She rubs her snout gently, already beginning to sniffle as the cold nipped at her sensitive snout. She returns the smile, "Yes, that's why many ponies decide to travel to here and eventually seek residence in Ponyville, I don't blame them." 

Cherry Blossom looks over at the cafeteria, rubbing her snout once more and nods quickly, "Good idea, even though I would like to stay in bed all day, the idea of having a stuffy and runny snout doesn't sound fun, it never is." She looks up at the stallion once more her smile widening before beginning to walk towards the cafeteria.

Ejaz watched Cherry rub her snout, and couldn’t help himself but to use one of his wings and pet her mane, gently pushing whatever snow that was left onto the floor, and feeling her soft mane with his just as soft wings.

“You know? After being here for a week? Neither do I...” Ejaz agrees with a positive smile, fully enjoying Cherry’s presence, and feeling happier when the mare agreed to head inside Ejaz following and walking next to her as they headed over.

“That I can agree with.” Ejaz states with a slight laugh, remembering how he had gotten sick at least once every year, and how each time was horrible and rendered him useless for several weeks. Happy that his sick period for this year had already past, Ejaz removed the thoughts from his head and focused on the present as he and Cherry arrived at the small cafeteria, the mechanic opening on of his large wings and holding the door open.

“Ladies first?” He asks with a smile and bright vibrant red eyes filled with joy.

Cherry presses back her ears as he feels his wings brushed against her mane, she could feel bits of snow falling out of it and making a faint sound as it hits the floor, she gives a close-eyed smile and rubs her snout once more. Cherry could already feel the warmth of being indoors the closer they got to their destination, which wasn't far at all. When the stallion seizes to brush her mane, she shakes her head to move strands of hair blocking her vision, "Thank you, I didn't even notice the snow." She reaches up and gently touches her still somewhat damp mane, though, it wasn't as wet as before when there was still snow buried within it.

She glances at Ejaz out of the corner of her eye and laughs as well, though, her laugh is just as soft as her voice, so it was quiet and gentle. "The worst part about being sick... Is probably when I have to buy a lifetime supply of tissues, yet no matter how many I use, my snout still feels horrible... And once I am finally better, my snout feels all dry because of I was constantly blowing and rubbing my snout."

She steps back slightly as he opens the door with his wings, though, immediately laughs at his kind behavior, "You're really kind... Thank you." She makes her way inside quickly, not wanting to be outside in the cold any longer nor have her new friend hold open the door for longer than needed. As soon as she steps inside, the warmth works its magic on her cold hooves and face, Cherry slowly begins to gain feeling after her cold limbs being numb for so long.

Ejaz gave a nod in reply to her gratitude, smiling and chuckling as he listend to her describe what was the worst part about getting sick to her, eventually laughing in a soft and merry voice himself as he thought about his own experiences. The mechanic was honestly confused when he saw Cherry pause once he opened the door, Ejaz tilting his head to show his confusion before smiling brightly.

“Thank you for the compliment, and you’re welcome.” Ejaz replies with a gentle chuckle rubbing the back of his head with his other wing before following the mare inside, Ejaz glanced around before something popped into his head, which only made the pegasus suddenly laugh in a gentle tone that’s matched how gently he’s spoken so far.

“Aw man when- when I get sick, you know what- you know what I do? I just try not to blow my nose at all. Cause when I do, I just- I end up with a swollen and still clogged nose and it drives me absolutely nuts.” Ejaz explains laughing still as he looked for an empty seat, nudging Cherry and pointing towards one he found with a wing.

"No need to thank me for a compliment that is true..." She brushes her hair back as it continues to fall in her line of vision, though, it didn't ruin how much happier she felt now that she had company on this cold winter day. She looks over at the stallion, laughing and shaking her head, "You see, I can't do that... It drives me crazy when my nose is all clogged and gross, it feels so... Blah!" She scrunches up her snout playfully and laughs once again.

She looks over to the empty seats he pointed out, nodding her head and beginning to head towards them, she takes a seat on one side, rubbing her hooves together to speed up the process of warming them. Cherry rubs her snout again, grabbing a napkin from the napkin box placed on the end of the table and using it to blow her snout, "It seems we are too late, by tomorrow I will have a minor cold..." She says to no one in particular, though, loud enough for Ejaz to hear. Cherry's disappointed look quickly changes to a smile, looking back up at the stallion, "So, what brought you to Ponyville out of all the different places to go?"

Ejaz couldn’t stop or hide the blush that grew on his face at Cherry’s nice words, laughing once again as she confessed to not being able to do what he does, it made sense to him, having a clogged nose is stupidly difficult to ignore.

“Yeah uh... to be honest... I had a hard time ignoring it too.... but at least it works.” Ejaz states with a sheepish shrug as he takea his seat, a frown growing on his features as he watched Cherry pick up a tissue and sneeze. He had really hoped that they had avoided her getting sick with the cloak and heading in here, inwardly the pegasus was frustrated with himself for not helping sooner. Feeling something he couldn’t quite describe, Ejaz raised a wing and gently placed it on the mare’s forehead feeling a slight raise in temperature but nothing too bad.

“well.... I’d say as long as you’re careful.... It... it shouldn’t get too bad.... I hope...” Ejaz informs in a reassurring voice, blinking as he heard her question, before removing his wing and closing it against his body.

“I didn’t exactly choose to end up here... You see.... I’m a traveling mechanic... So uh, I kinda just pick a direction and walk until I find someplace or pony that needs a mechanic... I normally uh, stay in towns for around two months maybe longer.... Umm... Returning to the original answer... I-I kinda just-, walked until I passed through Everfree forest and found this village.” Ejaz explains in a positive and soft voice, his smile staying as bright as the joy in his eyes. It was then that Ejaz decided to find out some more about his new friend.

“Have you always lived here? Or did you and your family move here?” Came the mechanics curious question followed by a dog-like tilt of his head.

As the mare once again blew her snout, she felt something soft on her forehead, her vibrant pink eyes peer up with a curious look and she smiles to see it was only the wing of her friend, she laughs a bit, "I'll be fine, no reason to worry... You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." She puts on a cheerful look, rubbing snout before sitting back and allowing herself to relax.

"Oh, really? I'm a gardener, that's why I said earlier that my duties are only needed in Spring and Summer. Though, don't you miss old friends and ponies since you are constantly moving? I don't think I would be able to leave Ponyville." She sniffles, gesturing her hooves around as she spoke, which added more character to the way her soft voice spoke.

"I was born and raised in Ponyville, in a small cottage on the outskirts of Ponyville... I don't live with my family anymore, of course, but I do live on the outskirts since I am not very... Good with talking to people, though, I am glad I can at least speak to you, I don't have many friends so it feels nice." 

Ejaz let out a small sigh as he heard her quote a fairly known quote, a condescending smirk growing on his face, yet the worry still clear in the uppor areas of his expression.

“You know they also say better safe than sorry.” Ejaz quotes letting the smirk turn into a more friendly smile, he really didn’t want to ruin a good mood, besides who was he to force someone into something? If Cherry wasn’t all that worried then all Ejaz can really do is respect her decision, so that’s what he did. The pegasus then silently listened to her explain what she did and nodding as it clicked in his head why she had made that statement earlier, Ejaz was then surprised slightly as she had asked if it hurt him to leave the towns and any friends he made, a soft smirk found it’s way on Ejaz’s face, yet his eyes held a tinge of sadness as the mechanic broke eye contact and looked around the cafeteria.

“Well... not really... I um.... I don’t really have any friends.... The one friend I did have I had seperated from when I was eighteen.... As for those I met in towns.... they were more aquaintances than friends....” Ejaz softly explains as he looks down at the floor before looking at Cherry with a brighter smirk, the sadness fading slightly from his eyes.

“I’m uh... I’m twenty years old now if you’re curious...” He adds, though felt that it was awkwardly left sided and just went silent as Cherry explained her experience with Ponyvile, the mechanic’s sadness fading entirely as he remembered his birthplace.

“That sounds nice.... As for me... I was born in Hoofington... Though my accent is from somewhere else entirely oddly enough.... I was raised in an orphanage and got my cutie mark when I was sixteen..... Afterwards I uh, stayed in Hoofington until I was eighteen, at which I then packed as many tools I could fit into a carriage and left.... I’ve been traveling ever since.” Ejaz explains with a casual shrug. Opening one of his wings and examinjng it as he curled it like a paper towel roll, not really minding how unnatural it looked before remembering where he was and who he was with, so the pegasus unrolled his wing and left it alone closed against him.

Cherry noticed the sadness in his eyes, her lips dropping into a frown as he denied it, she shook her head when he had finished, "I can tell you're sad, it's a trick my friend taught me when we were younger..." She looks deep into her friend's eye and shakes her head again, "That same friend also said that cooping up your real feelings isn't healthy, she was really wise, I miss her..." Cherry hummed with her eyes closed and a content smile as she thought of the said friend, "It's okay to feel sad, I would feel sad too if I left my friend behind, my family, home... More than sad actually." 

The mare listened to the brief life story of her friend, all of her focus on him, making it obvious she was interested. As he finished, she couldn't help but frown, "Wow, that sounds... Hard... Well, you can consider me a friend, I already consider you one! If it makes any difference, when you do decide to leave Ponyville, I will be sad..." Cherry gives a warm smile, trying to brighten up the mood as best as possible, though, that wasn't exactly her specialty.

The mare grabs another tissue, wiping her snout which was becoming a darker pink from being irritated by the mare constantly rubbing and blowing it. She lets out a small cough, covering her mouth before smiling again, "Have you ever thought about settling down? Traveling must get tiring..."

Ejaz was honestly surprised that Cherry caught on to the tint of sadness that lingered in his eyes, and the stallion smiled kindly before nodding in appreciation.

“I understand.... Thank you Cherry.” Ejaz states gently, hearing her talk about her friend before placing a wing gently on her head and petting her mane.

”I’m sure you’ll see her again.” He informs kindly before taking a deep breath as she talked about how sad she would be if she had to leave.

“It’s... it’s not really the leaving that makes me sad.... it’s..... it’s being alone once I did....” Ejaz states quietly, looking down at the table in a form of shyness, once that stemmed from the sudden nervousness Ejaz felt when he put how he really felt out in the open.... This was new, with all the ponies he had met in the past, Ejaz had never stated what truly bothered him whenever he thought of home, or what used to be home, and while holding that in was probably what prevented him from making any real friends. Ejaz never really thought he would tell that to somepony he just met.... It must be because of who she was, it seems their semi-similar personalities just clicked and that must be why Ejaz felt so... safe, around Cherry. Taking a deep breath, Ejaz looked at the mare as she happily declared to be his friend and gave a genuine grin in happiness.

“Thank you...” He says softly, before remembering that eventually, yes, he’ll have to leave Ponyvile, but it also clicked in his mind that he didn’t have to do so alone. A small shy blush grew on Ejaz’s cheeks as he bashfully glanced away from the mare sitting across the table.

“Well... I don’t have to.... leave alone.... Once it’s time.... You could... You know... come with me.... You and your friend.... I... I wouldn’t mind that...” Ejaz informs shyly as he glanced at Cherry from the corner of his eye before looking out a nearby window to hide his shyness.

Cherry smiles at his kind gesture, her ears pressing back as he pets her mane once again, she lets out a soft laugh and nods, "One day, I will." Cherry adjusted in her seat, propping her head up with her hooves as she leans against the table. Cherry listens, a frown once again adorning her features, "Alone? Well, you surely don't have to be alone..." She says, trying to think of an idea, she would love for her friend to stay, though, she knew his work would get in the way of that, something she didn't want to interfere with.

"You're welcome, you were kind to me... I'm only returning the gesture and doing what a friend should." Cherry coughs again, shaking her head and sniffling, luckily, she didn't seem to be getting any worse.

As the mare listens to his suggestion, a bright red blush appears on her cheeks, bright enough to contrast with her pastel pink fur, "M-Me?" She somewhat covers her face with her hooves, looking just as shy and embarrassed as Ejaz, "You want me to come with you?" Cherry goes into a state of deep thought, "I-I... I mean, I wouldn't mind but... My friend... Well..." Cherry becomes a stuttering mess, unable to form the words she wanted.

"It's kind of... Funny... That you say that... My friend, she recently went traveling as well, I just... It would be amazing, to go and you know... It's just, I would miss home-" The pony stops herself from speaking further, it was obvious that it wasn't the fact that she would be missing home that stops her, but rather something else she just couldn't say.

Ejaz sighed and nodded at her statement of how he shouldn’t be alone, agreeing holeheartedly, but also internally acknowledging his inability to socialize without feeling completely awkward and out of place. The stallion was snaped out of his mind when he heard her second statement and saw her cough, worry enveloped the pegasus’ entire expression, Ejaz having to ignore a sudden urge to hug her and listening to his urge to look away as the blush returned to his face. His ears catching all the surprised words and sounds that came from the frankly adorable mare, Ejaz couldn't help but smile bashfully as he made eye contact with the earth pony, nodding when she asked for confimation. However, Ejaz then gave a small frown when he heard her state how she might miss her home. He didn’t know why, maybe because it was the way they clicked, or maybe some stroke of just pure luck, but it seems Ejaz and Cherry are able to see clearly through each other, the mechanic immediately catching on that there was a hidden reason why Cherry didn’t fully want to go.

“Now... This doesn’t have anything to do with my offer... But why... don’t you want to go? I can tell it’s something else.... You.... you told me not to hide anything so... I-I guess it’s my turn... You can tell me I promise, I’m not one to judge others really...” Ejaz reassures and informs with a gentle and shy smile, the blush on his face still lingering as the two vibrant pure red eyes made contact with each other, Ejaz also making a funny note on how they shared the same eye color.

Cherry looks down at her hooves, her blush increasing in color to the point where it stood out against her complexion, she rubs her snout and shrugs a bit as she tries to hide her flaming cheeks. She lets out another cough before speaking once again, "I... I'm just kinda scared, it's silly but... I've never really gone anywhere... And the only pony I've ever known left Ponyville, I don't know for how long... It's just... That had nothing to do with..." Cherry turns just as red as a cherry, her ears pressing back against her mane which resembles a candy cane with it's stripy colors.

She looks up finally and laughs a bit at how silly she must look, she covers her face until her laughing fit stops, sniffling and finally looking at Ejaz, "I'm just scared... That's all..." She says and shrugs, a shy smile on her features as she looks at the ground, her head slightly tilted, "It's not that I will miss anything... I never spoke to any pony really, my parents live far from where I work and even farther from my own small home... I guess I am afraid of change is all..." The mare rubs her hooves together shyly and giggles slightly, "I must look really funny right now, I'm sorry."

Ejaz quietly listened to every word that Cherry spoke, different emotions passing through his mind as the mare thoroughly explained what bothered her just as he did, a small and tender half-smile begining to take form as he lended his ear to the earth pony he felt a deep connection with. After she was fnished, Ejaz stayed quiet before getting up out of his seat, a vibrant blush growing on his face as he walked over and softly hugged Cherry with his large wings, the limbs wrapping around her like a blanket and pulling her close to him, and the mechanic looking up in shyness with almost his whole face being red as he could feel the earth pony’s mane against his chin.

“It’s..... It’s okay to be afriad.... I... I-I was afraid of leaving my home too at first... despite.... despite how much I wanted to...” Ejaz states in such a gentle and quiet voice it was almost a whisper, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to try and calm himself, though his face remained mostly red from blushing so intensely.

“Y-you don’t seem silly to me... I fully understand.... If.... if anything..... you seem... really... really cute...” Ejaz admits very shyly. “So.... If... if you really don’t want to go I understand, even though I’d love for you to come along..... I won’t force you... but if you do... then... Thank you.... You don’t have to give a defnite answer now... Just... Give it time I... I guess...” Ejaz finalizes as he still held the gentle reassuring hug, his wings large, warm, soft, and fluffy like a pillow. The mechanic actually enjoyed the embrace immensely despite how awkward he was being about it, also enjoying the body heat that was being shared and hoping it helps with Cherry’s mini-cold.

Cherry looked up confused, watching the stallion get up, at first she thought he was leaving but then she realized he was walking closer to her. She gasps at the sudden hug, at first becoming so tense she was like a wooden board, but slowly beginning to relax and attempt to return the awkward hug.  She looks up at the Ejaz, her eyes wide at first before a grin appears from the bright blush on his cheeks, "Thank you... That... Was a lot more reassuring." 

Her smile immediately drops at his words and she lets out a soft squeal, resembling a mouse's cry, her cheeks grow just as red as Ejaz's eyes and she attempts to cover her face, though, it's hard with the current situation. Cherry gulps as she holds up her hoof, coughing into it, "I... Cute?!" 

Cherry pauses, taking the next minute or two to contemplate his words and offer, she has nothing to lose really, aside from her small, lonely cottage on the outskirt of Ponyville. Cherry finally speaks, sounding a lot more confident, though, her voice is shaky still with embarrassment, "I... Want to go... I do." She smiles, her blush now fitting her face better with her cheery look.

Ejaz gulps awkwardly as he heard no reply from Cherry at first, partly worried if she was weirded out by his decision to give her a hug, he had vegun to think it was a bad idea before he heard her reply, the male shyly looking down and making eye contact with the younger mare. Ejaz’s face was still completely red while a sheepish grin formed on his expression before the male chuckled bashfully at her little squeal.

“You know, you don’t exactly make it easy to not see you as the most precuous thing in the world when you make adorable noises like that!” Ejaz quietly whines with a laugh, looking up at the roof once again as he couldn’t keep eye contact and not transform from a beige, white, and blue pegasus into a red, white and blue pegasus. Taking the small silence to calm his nerves and get his intense blush to disappear, before he was surprised to hear Cherry’s answer. Looking down at the mare, Ejaz took a double take to make sure he wasn’t hearing things. Once he was sure, excitement began to build up in Ejaz’s eyes, followed by his whole expression before he passionately nuzzled the mare with a happy laugh.

”Thank you!” He happily states as his hug tightens and he continued to nuzzle Cherry, the pegasus feeling a tear start to build up in his eyes from the amount of joy he was feeling but not caring one bit.

"It's hard no to make these noises when you are constantly being so nice and complimenting me!" She pouts, not out of sadness but just for the fun of it. She hums happily and laughs again as she replayed the events just now in her mind. She is snapped out of it by the sudden passionate nuzzle, her entire face becoming bright red, her eyes widen, and her jaw hanging in surprise. She lets out another squeal but doesn't pull away, allowing the stallion to nuzzle her happily, in fact, she didn't hate the affection at all.

Cherry shakes her head and giggles, "No, don't thank me! If it weren't for you comforting me on this... Somewhat horrible day, this would have never happened, I should be thanking you." She lets out a yelp as he tightens the hug, she hugs back but begins to feel as her body might be crushed if the tight hug continues, though, she didn't want to ruin the happy moment and remains quiet. The mare had completely forgotten about her little cold until just now as she lets out a small cough, "Ejaz, you'll get sick!" 

Archived