Merry Cherry (Closed)

Kahoot

“Well it’s your decision, if you want to also take up cooking during the winter that could work.” Ejaz agrees shrugging as he resumed the consumption of his delicious meal, before an idea popped into his head. Quickly swallowing his food, Ejaz felt a little giddy at the possibly that Cherry might like what just found it’s way into his head.

“That’s it! Idea! What if you opened a shop that sells both? It has flowers and is a garden, while at the same time a small semi-resturant that ponies could get an amazing breakfast from? That way you could use the establishment house to protect the plants from the cold and keep them available, while also being able to make a little extra bits on the side through cooking.” Ejaz explains happily as he makes wide geastures with his wings, adding more emphasis and character to his mini-speech before another thought popped into the mechanic’s head as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly with a wing while letting a nervous chuckle escape his lips.

“Well... then again it might not be a good idea... cause having to do both might take up so much time....but it is a nice thought..... Yet still...” Ejaz  ponders out lout as he makes multiple thinking geastures with his wings before deciding to just let the thought fade from his mind just in time to hear Cherry talk about her friend and the promise. Once the information had been analyzed in his mind, the stallion couldn’t help but smile gently as he could tell how much Cherry cherished this friend, staying silent as he let her finish her other statement before deciding to ask in a gentle and curious voice.

“Are lavenders and purple blossoms your favorites?”

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cherry couldn't help but giggle at how excited her friend got, she covered her lips and giggled a bit louder, embarrassed. Cherry never did like her life and she would often try and hold it in, causing her cheeks to turn red or her eyes to tear up a bit. The idea wasn't at all bad, ponies have complimented her cooking whenever she did cook for others... Maybe she could do both! "That's a good idea! Maybe I should... Cooking in the winter and gardening in the summer... Thank you for the idea, Ejaz~!" She said in a sing-song tone. 

The pink pony rubbed her hoof against her leg before rubbing her snout, "It would be fun..." She said and blushed. The question of the stallion caught her attention, she stood up and stepped out of the room for a moment before she returned with a photograph that had one side the same color of her fur while the other half had the color of light lavender. Cherry Blossoms and Lavender flowers decorated the frame in their designated color, lavender on the purple side and blossoms on the pink side. The bottom of the frame had a date which was when Cherry was in Secondary school, there were also two names... Cherry Blossom and Flower Eyes. She sheepishly walked over to the stallion and nudged the picture in front of him.

The picture had two young mares, one being Cherry who seemed to have on thick-framed black glasses and her mane tied up messily in a bun. Cherry looked shy as if she didn't expect the photo and was holding a bag over her bag, most likely meaning she was in school. The other mare had a boyish haircut but based on her feminine eyes and facial structure, you could tell it was female. Her coat was very light lavender, her mane white with eggplant purple highlights and her dark magenta eyes peeked through her messy hair. The other mare was giving a grin and her wings were wrapped around Cherry as they seemed to be very close.

"That's the friend I mentioned... Her name is Flower Eyes, I've known her since Secondary School... We met when she stood up to bullies for me and were inseparable since, well, until she disappeared a few days ago. I know she is fine but I miss her, she is tough and just really cool... Even if she rarely spoke and showed emotions. My favorite flowers aren't lavender, they're her favorite though and so every year... I'd plant lavender and bring her a bouquet wrapped in wrapping paper and ribbons to her whenever she was in Ponyville, she lives in Cloudsdale... My favorite is well... Cherry Blossoms." The pink mare blushed embarrassed, knowing it sounded funny because her own name was Cherry Blossom.

Ejaz blinked and looked at Cherry with a little surprise as she giggled and began to agree with his idea, as she countinued talking the mechanic could feel a sheepish smile making its way onto his face, and upon hearing her say his name in a sing song voice, glanced away with a blush.

“O-oh well um.... You’re welcome... w-we are best friends right? So... yeah..” Was the shy response that came from the nomad, he then returned his eyes to Cherry once again as she got up and retrieved the picture of her and her friend. Ejaz felt his curiosity grow as she walked over and showed him the frames contents while explaining who her friend was and her liking Cherry Blossom flowers while her friend liked Lavender. The beige pegasus looked and paid close attention to the little details within the book before he smiled brightly and looked at the mare beside him.

“Aww, that’s... That’s adorable. Cherry, you’re so darn cute, both back then, and even now, I just want to hug you-” Ejaz began to say out loud before pausing as he realized that he had in fact, said those words aloud once again the color of a pinkish-red found its way onto the awkward mechanic’s cheeks as he looked at the picture, then out a nearby window, a bashful and shy expression replacing his originally bright one.

“S-sorry... I um... I didn’t-.... I didn’t mean to say that uh.. out loud...” Ejaz stated, and he was honest too, sometimes the stallion’s mouth would move faster than his cousiousness could keep up with, which tends to end in Ejaz saying something that ends up in an awkward moment.

"Of course we are best friends."

Cherry's eyes widened at his bold statement, her own cheeks growing redder than a rose petal, she quickly put down the frame and looked away shyly. The thought of another pony aside from Flower wanting to show her affection made her heart burst with joy and a smile to quickly creep onto her features. The young mare felt guilty that the stallion was now embarrassed and she didn't want him to feel ashamed. Cherry leaned over and hugged him tightly, grinning brightly and laughing, "It's okay, Ejaz... Thank you~" She coos in a cheery tone, feeling happier than ever.

After a moment or two, Cherry pulls away and blushes a brighter red, backing away and taking their now empty plates to the sink as well as bringing the picture frame back to the mantle in the living room. A few seconds later she reappears in the kitchen, "If you want, later I'll let you go through a few of my photo albums... I don't mind, they're all old and dusty, I haven't looked at them in ages... Though you won't find many pictures of me as a filly since my mother has a majority of them, and a lot of them aren't very nice since I was always caught off guard when Flower would take pictures of me..." Cherry giggles, a smile appearing at the mention of her mother and her good friend once again, "Or we can do something else~!"

?do=downloadEjaz rubbed the back of his head in awkward nervousness as he was worried he had ruined the comfortable and happy mood him and Cherry were previously residing in. The beige mechanic then jumped slightly as he felt himself being suddenly hugged tightly by the younger mare, with his blush intensifying, Ejaz smiled softly as he nuzzled Cherry and leaned gently against her, feeling as though her laughs were infectious and letting out a few laughs himself.

“Y-you’re always welcome, Cherry.” Came his semi-shy reply as he enjoyed the hug before letting go as he felt her pull away. Ejaz’s own cheeks still a beat red as he watches Cherry put the plates in the sink and put the picture away. during that period, the nomad looked out the window, and noticed that despite there being snow everywhere, the sun was out and shining brightly, giving the village a bright and positive atmoshpere. Smiling brightly at the view, Ejaz continued staring outside before hearing Cherry’s statement and her question, the stallion then put a wing to his chin and looked up in thought. While a part of him would like to absolutely go nuts over the adorableness that is probably going to be in the pictures Cherry said she had, the other part of him wanted to go outside and see what would happen out there. So, deciding that they should feel the warm sun and the cool snow, Ejaz made his decision.

“How about we go out? You know explore around a little, see what we can find?” Came the mechanic’s question.

Cherry smiles at the stallion and nods, "Well, let's go then... I am sure there are plenty of things for us to do this time of day..." She states in a cheery tone, pulling her mane out of the messy bun and allowing it to fluff up before comfortably laying on her shoulders and back, "Is there anywhere you had in mind? I am free all day and have nowhere to really go." Cherry says shyly as she could still feel the stallion's body heat even after they stopped hugging.

"By the way, we are friends~ You don't need to feel so nervous around me, we slept in the same room, you shouldn't have to apologize for just wanting to hug me!" With that Cherry reached up and booped the stallion's nose gently before trotting off to grab herself something warm to wear, learning her lesson after yesterday's mishaps.

Once he heard her agree with him, Ejaz could feel the smile grow on his face, nodding as she took her mane out of her bow, before looking at the table in thought when she had inquired as to where they would go.

“Hmm... How far is your garden from here?” Ejaz answers with a question, the stallion getting up himself and looking around, the blush he had from the hug just now starting to fade away. Once he had spotted what he was looking for, Ejaz walked over and grabbed his cloak, fastening it around him to efficiently keep him warm. Cherry’s next words then just reached his ear, and the beige stallion turned only to see her up close, and blushed as she booped his muzzle, watching the mare with slightly wide eyes as she gets her own things to keep her toasty. It was here that Ejaz had remembered something from the previous night that hadn’t been addressed yet.

“O-okay...... unm... ohh, and Cherry? How is the... the cold? You feeling any better?” Was the stallion’s curious inquire.

Cherry grinned at the mention of her garden, she's never shared it with anyone besides the mare she showed Ejaz earlier, it was quite exciting to know that someone aside from her was interesting in her garden. Unfortunately, considering the chilly weather her garden isn't as beautiful as it would be during the Spring or Summer, most of her plants have been moved into the Greenhouse which was just out back, "My garden doesn't have any plants at the moment but my greenhouse has plenty, it's just in the back... The greenhouse is very warm and bright so you might become a bit hot with your cloak on."

The mare put a scarf around her neck and earmuffs on before giving a smile, "I am feeling much better, my nose is still a little stuffy but that's okay~!" She gives and grins and nudges the stallion's arm gently before walking towards her front door, "If you still want to see my greenhouse, we can..."

Upon hearing the current location of her plants, Ejaz paused before taking off his cloak and using his wings to wrap it around one of them. Glancing at Cherry as she grabbed her scarf, and making a mental note to get one himself at a later date, Ejaz smiled softly as she answered his question on her condition, his blush returning ever so slightly when she nudged his arm.

“That’s really great to hear, I’m glad you were able to stop your cold before it got worse.” Ejaz happily states, walking over to the mare as she stopped at the door and looked at him, the pegasus pausing himself as her suggestion reached his ears. It didn’t take long for the mechanic to give his answer and nod.

“Sure thing... I’d... I’d still like to go.” Ejaz happily says, looking down slightly before feeling his cheeks heat up again slightly as he looks at Cherry.

“And, um... About... what you said eariler? I... I-I know I don’t have to be so... nervous and awkward, it’s just-... I’ve uh... I’ve never been all that good at talking to others.... girls specifically.... not because of you really! It’s just-.... I’m not good at socializing in general, I always seem to spout out slash do random and, or, awkward things.... so.... I, just want to.... uh, I can’t figure out where I was going with this.... Just forget it I guess? Yeah...” As Ejaz awkwardly told his friend all this, he could feel his cheeks heating up more due to the embarrassment he felt over acting in such a way, his right wing occasionally rubbing the back of his head or rubbing the other wing before the beige mechanic stood straight and just tilted his head down in shyness and looked up at Cherry with a sheepish smile. Honestly, Ejaz had wanted to try and say anything to stop feeling as awkward as he did, but the poor guy didn’t have a clue what to say. So, the stallion decided to just stay silent for the next couple of minutes.

Cherry lets out a giggle at the stallion's funny behavior, although, she could relate on many levels considering she herself was just as shy when she first met him. To try and ease his nervousness, the mare walked over and booped his noise before smiling, "You don't need to worry about it, I understand exactly what you mean and we all get like that sometimes, even the most outgoing ponies... Actually... I think it's kinda... Uh..." Cherry blushed, cleared her throat, and tried to talk again, "It's kinda cute... Adorable? When you stutter and act nervous!" She says before grinning with red cheeks, she lets out a giggle and heads back towards the door.

"Anyways, let's head out back... Hopefully, it'll make you feel less awkward, also... Your smile is nice, you should smile more often~" The mare trots out happily and leads the stallion to the back of her little cottage where a large greenhouse stood, to no one's surprise, the exterior had a pink hue and from what you could see, the inside may or may not have a similar color scheme. Cherry went towards the door and unlocked it, "Warning... It's really warm and humid inside since a lot of these plants usually remain inside until the Summer, only a few come out during Spring."

Ejaz blinked with a blank expression as his nose was once again booped, he didn’t know why she had decided to do this often, but in actuality, he didn’t mind, in fact it kinda tickled. Ejaz smiled softly as he listened to her reassuring him before his expression changed into one of surprise once he heard Cherry refer to him as being cute, once again; Ejaz could feel his cheeks heating up, and the mechanic glanced away in shyness before his eyes snapped back to the earth pony as he heard her interact with the door.

Upon hearing the mare compliment his smile, Ejaz cheeks lit up like a lantern as his expression turned to shock, before a sheepish smile grew on his expression.

“T-thanks?” The mechanic awkwardly asked with a sheepish chuckle, lightly coughing to try and rid the awkwardness he was feeling as he followed Cherry outside. Once out there, the mechanic glanced around before noticing the Greenhouse and heading over with a smile, pausing as Cherry’s warning reached his ears and nodding to show the earth pony he heard her.

She gently pushed the door to the greenhouse open, allowing the stallion to enter first before she did, she closed the door behind them and stepped inside. The room was full of vines, flowers, mini trees, sprouts, and pounds of soil in the corner. The flowers ranged from blue to lavender to pink, each flower being more vibrant than the last. It was clear that cherry blossoms and lavenders were a majority of the flowers resting within the humid house, although, the faint signs of periwinkle and carnations brightened the place up. Cherry looked over at Ejax shyly, "What do you think? I know I need to add more color aside from blue, purple, and pink... I just can't find any vibrant colors like orange, yellow or even green that have similar temperatures to these... I can't afford to build another greenhouse at the moment, so be careful not to trip..."

The mare gently pushed and moved a few pots, bags of fertilizer or soil out of the way, "It's kind of refreshing to be in this atmosphere, especially with winter taking so long to just go away!" The mare pouted as she touched a leaf of one of the blossoms, "I can't wait to bring these outside and plant them around my home, especially in spring with all the butterflies and birds returning... It'll look great..."

• 2 weeks later...

A smile grew on Ejaz’s face as Cherry held the door open for him, nodding his head in thanks as he walked by, the mechanic couldn’t stop himself from freezing up in awe. The vines, the flowers, baby trees, and sprouts filled Ejaz’s vision in a beautiful mix of cold colors, with the addition of pink into the mix which only helped the Greenhouse’s beauty.

“Holy wow... this is so cool... so beautiful... but I don’t think the words do it justice....” The pegasus admits as he begins to carefully wander around the plant house, his ears tilted towards Cherry as she began to speak of collecting other vibrant colored flowers that could survive alongside the other flora in this temperature. Pausing to think for a moment, Ejaz was trying to remember if he had encountered any plants that would be perfect for Cherry’s qualifications, only to sigh as nothing came to mind. Plus, Ejaz was a mechanic, not a gardener, so the stallion doubted he’d be much help on that subject anyway. Turning to face the earth pony, Ejaz listened to her complaints on the temperature, and her fantasizing on the look of her house once the plants are free.

“I agree... Your house would look really captivating once you plant these guys back outside...” The male agreed, glancing around before letting out a slight chuckle.

“And to be honest? I don’t really mind the winter.... it normally means longer nights...”

Cherry blushed at his compliments, the thought of others finding her passion and flowers beautiful always caused her to become flustered. Flowers, after all, were the way to Cherry's heart. The mare trotted over to the Pegasus, giving a happy smile, "Thank you, it means a lot for you to say that... I've put so much hard work into these flowers, I'm glad it paid off." She nudged the stallion and giggled, "I should find flowers that match your color scheme and dedicate an area to you, I did it for Flower but I had to bring the lavenders inside for the Winter." 

"I don't mind winter either, it's just too cold for both me and my flowers... It's sad because I can't fulfill my passion during the colder season and have to wait so long for Spring." Cherry gave a slight frown and shrugged, "But I understand, it gives others a chance to have fun as well... Every season brings something new." The mare walked around her greenhouse, shrugging slightly before turning to face the stallion, "You're a mechanic, right? Tell me about it, what do you do exactly?"

Ejaz blinked and turned to face Cherry as she approached and thanked him, the mechanic smiling happily at her cheeriness, before feeling a bit of heat in his cheeks as the mare nudged him and spoke of dedicating an area to him and his colors.

“O-oh wow... um, you don’t have to you know.. I-I mean, I can’t exactly stop you, but I’m just saying... you don’t necessarily... uh... thank you I guess?” Was the mechanic’s response to the idea, not knowing exactly what to think of her suggestion other than being flattered. Staying quiet and listening to her opinion on the winter, Ejaz smiled in agreement becore tilting his head as she began to wander around the greenhouse. The mechanic figured he should do the same considering where he was, and began following the mare through the plant house, only stopping when she turned to face him and ask about his profession.

“Me?” Ejaz asked honestly surprised by the sudden question, before looking down slightly and clearing his throat.

“Well.... As a mechanic, my job is to repair and if I can, improve the multiple contraptions and tools that aid ponies in their daily lives... As my name means Miracle Worker, my talent reflects that, given enough time and parts; I could fix any mechanical problem anotherpony may have.... Sometimes... I’m even able to help others with personal problems.... but that can get difficult sometimes.... Ponies.... They have a-... a rythm of some kind...  And... and I sometimes hit it perfectly...  other times, I just-, I just struggle to communicate...” Ejaz stared down at the floor in contemplative thought, figuring out what else to explain before getting an idea and returning his gaze to Cherry.

“B-back to the correct subject... Um... I like discovering new things to fix... I-in fact it’s why I travel... each town and city have different things to offer... and learning them all would make me a better mechanic... Though I guess that’s more about my personal life rather than my profession...” The pegasus then began rubbing the back of his head with a wing as he tried to figure out something else to say, only to sigh when he couldn’t and smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry for not having a full strong answer and just snippets of one.” 

Cherry listened closely to his words, finding his passion interesting considering it is very rare to find ponies with special talents revolving around fixing things or mechanic interest. The mare moved aside a few pots that were in there walking path, the greenhouse wasn't very spacious nor luxurious, so naturally, there wasn't much to see. She stopped near the front door, leading both in and out, "It's amazing how much you can do with such a talent, it's quite inspiring... While I am more than happy with my own, it would be nice to have a talent where I am more helpful."

The mare nodded towards the door, "Well, shall we? There isn't much left to see in here, how about we go into town or something?" While it didn't sound like much, Cherry wasn't used to having guests over for so long, she didn't know what to do or how to handle it, "Or we can just stay here... Whatever floats your boat~" She had a cheery, almost sing-song tone to her words, she's obviously happy.

"Don't worry about stuttering or being shy either, we all have our moments... Sometimes it takes longer for others to become comfortable with one another, I understand that... So if you ever feel any pressure, uncomfortable... Just tell me, please!"

Ejaz followed Cherry as the two moved through the greenhouse, the mechanic quietly listening to the gardener as she had stated how inspiring his profession was. The stallion then looked at the mare as she had wished her talent was that helpful, it didn’t take long for Ejaz to voice his opinion on her wish.

“Well Cherry... in my opinion... Your talent is more helpful than mine.... I mean, think about it... You tend to the very nature that grows around us and to some extent feeds us... maybe not literally... but, but definitely spiritually, and emotionally... Me, I tend to artificial objects that help individuals, I in a way, make lives easier... You... You make lives better... By nurturing the plants and the flowers, you make things better cause throughout the day, when even the toughest things happen, ponies can take a moment to look around and see... Life. Beautiful, peaceful, life... and it makes their day all the more richer... So, I tend to individuals, you, if done right, can tend to whole communities...” Ejaz explains in a gentle and passionate voice, looking behind him at the mesmerizing house of growing and prospering life, before returning his attention to the very mare that was the main reason this was even possible. A warm smile filling the pegasus’ features as he addressed Cherry directly once again. “So yeah... if, if you ask me... I’d say, your talent is way more inspiring, and helpful, than mine...”

Sighing in a relaxing manner, Ejaz walked over to the door, opening it with a wing and holding it open with a soft grin.

“And um, sure, I’d love to go into town.” The stallion happily agrees, blinking as he thought about what she said about his stuttering a shrugging. “Yeah sorry, my uh, my stuttering is more me just taking a moment to formulate my words... I, don’t really feel nervous around you at all.... For the most part...” Ejaz explains sheepishly, still smiling gently as he held the door a little wider with a wing for Cherry.

Cherry's eyes widened at the stallion's words, her entire face becoming red and her eyes shimmering with inspiration, his words were so well put together and made Cherry feel warm and happy all over. She shot him a wide grin, her eyes closed from how happy she was to hear that she was, in fact, useful. The pink mare scurried over to her friend and quickly nuzzled his cheek before blushing and hurrying out the door of the greenhouse. Her feelings right now couldn't be put into words. She kept thinking it over, he was right, but she still felt he put more effort into his work than she did... Although, she wasn't going to argue about this.

Once they were both outside, the young mare turned to him with a beaming blush, "H-How... How about we go to the umm... I..." Cherry couldn't find any words and looked down embarrassed and flushed. As she thought, she realized not even she knew where the two should go in town, "I don't... Let's just walk!" She quickly says, turning away to hide her warm cheeks, the redness not going away anytime soon.

Ejaz blinked as he watched Cherry’s reaction with childish curiosity, eventually smiling as he saw her big grin. The pegasus held the door open as wide as he could when she began approaching, and laughed at the warm feeling as she quickly nuzzled him. Looking back into the green house, Ejaz took in the beautiful sight one last time before closing the door and following after his friend. Once outside, the stallion silently walked next to the mare, a content smile on his face as he was happy to help Cherry and brighten her day. In the past, Ejaz had been refered to in the form of the tittle “Fortune Cookie.” Though it was only by his childhood friend, Ejaz took it to heart and loved giving advice to anypony who talked to him, so seeing how happy it made Cherry definitely made the mechanic just as happy.

Upon hearing her stutters as she fumbled and tried to think of something to say and someplace to go, Ejaz chuckled softly as he approached Cherry and suddenly nuzzled her cheek as he passed by.

“Now look who’s stuttering?” Was the question Ejaz asked with a laugh before heading in a certain direction that lead to a familiar house. “How about uh, how about we head back and grab some stuff to keep us warm first? I don’t want you getting another cold considering you just recovered.” The mechanic suggests and explains, turning his head to look back at the earth pony with a heart warming smile.

Cherry's cheeks reddened more at his nuzzle, she squealed embarrassed and covered her face for a moment to try and compose herself, "Ejaz, that's n-not... F-Funny!" She cries out, scurrying to catch up to him. The young mare stood beside him, looking away to hide her flushed cheeks, "I-I... I-It's not my fault I am s-s-stuttering... You caught m-me off guard!"  Cherry frowned, feeling humiliated by how she was currently acting.

She shook her head, causing her mane to sway with her head movement before she slowly calmed down, "Y-Yeah! That sounds good, I don't really want to deal with getting sick again, I don't want to get you sick, either." The mare buried her snout into her scarf and hummed, warmth engulfing her cold snout, "We could also stop at this bakery... They have really good pastries I've been meaning to try, only if you want to go..."

Laughter had almost immediately erupted from Ejaz once Cherry had complained about him sneaking up on her, but it wasn’t teasing, or mocking, or even loud, it was soft, genuine, and more Ejaz actually enjoying Cherry’s presence than making fun of her.

Then she had spoken about accidentally getting him sick, and Ejaz had only raised an eyebrow with a soft smirk at the mare beside him as the two entered her house. Ejaz had given a small nod in agreement as he grabbed his cloak and began fastening it on himself, the long cloth having holes for the pegasus’ wings while his mane still stuck out unchanged from underneath his hoodie once the mechanic pulled it up. After doing one last check over to make sure he was set, Ejaz headed back to Cherry with a happy smile on his face, the stallion nuzzling her affectionately once again after she suggested heading to a pastry she wanted to try and giving the mare a simple answer.

“I’d love to.”

Cherry puffed out her cheeks, clearly becoming more and more flustered by the stallion as time went on. While Cherry equally enjoyed his presence as he did her's, she still couldn't quite keep herself from becoming a mess of flushed cheeks. Cherry watched as he stepped inside, waiting patiently for him in front since she was already set to go, the mare made a mental note to see if there were any type of shoes that could possibly keep her hooves from not freezing.

Once the stallion was back outside, she parted her lips with a smile about to speak until the stallion nuzzled her affectionately once more, her cheeks returning to that same rosy color that faintly stood out against her pink coat. Cherry once again, could keep her cool and began stuttering, "I-I... You... Um... Nevermind!" She blurted out, blinking a few times before quickly trotting down her front porch and hurrying on her way down the snowy path to Ponyville.

Ejaz could only feel and try to ignore the urge to squeeze Cherry with every ounce of strength he had when he saw her face light up once again at his nuzzle. Watching after the mare, Ejaz had wondered what was going on in her mind that she got so flustered whenever he nuzzled her, a part of him came up with a suggestion, but the pegasus decided that the suggested answer wasn’t very likely. Catching up to the earth pony, Ejaz silently looked at their surroundings with a content expression on his face, before he finally looked at Cherry with curiosity.

“So where is this bakery we’re going to?... if you don’t mind me asking..” Was the stallion’s curious question as he observed Cherry for her actions and answer.

Cherry trotted along the snowing, dirt road, the snow turning a light shade of brown due to the slush of wet dirt and snow mixing together to create... Whatever you would call dirt and snow mixed together, "Snirt"? Cherry shook her head, putting on a goofy grin as she wondered why she was thinking of such random things, although, she made a mental note to keep the term "Snirt" in mind, it was quite the creation.

The two could see the peeks of the taller buildings of Ponyville, that including the Town Hall. At night, it seemed Cherry lived farther from Ponyville than it seemed during the day. That's because they were both freezing and just couldn't wait to get to shelter. The young mare didn't look at Ejaz, she kept her eyes straight, "W-Well... I believe it's close a few corners and turns from Sugarcube Corner, I'm not good at directions on a map, but my memory is great so as soon as we get there... I'll find it in a jiffy! I wonder if the pastries are as good as Sugarcube Corner?" the mare seemed to become swallowed in her own train of thought.

The pink earth pony shook her head and blushed, "Sorry! I sometimes get lost in my own brain when it comes to thinking..." She shyly began to pick up her walking pace, not because she wanted to get there sooner... But only because of how awkward she was being, it was quite humiliating for the young pony.

Ejaz had easily kept pace with the smaller mare, taking soft almost silent steps as he enjoyed the feeling of walking on soft snow. Deep breaths were also taken by the mechanic as he simply took in the everyday life that passed and occurred around him and his companion, Ejaz glancing at Cherry to see her staring quite intently at the snow mixed with dirt. Tiliting his head in confusion, Ejaz followed the earth pony’s eyes to the floor and watched childishly for anything that might give him answers as to the gardener’s sudden interest. However, this activity ended fairly quickly as Ejaz noticed Cherry shaking her head and looking forward with a big goofy grin, smiling quite big himself, Ejaz rose up and looked off in the direction the two were headed in, already noticing the town and the few morning ponies begining to pass them by.

Huh, so the village was a whole lot closer than it looked, then again it made sense, the two were tired and partly sick, so it probably just took them longer to arrive at Cherry’s home because of that and not because the mare’s home was far away. Moving on from that conclusion, Ejaz watched his best friend as she refused to look at him and began explaining her thought process, it was then that a name rose his curiosity, and the mechanic decided to share that curiosity. “Sugarcube Corner? Why... does that bring a picture of a house made of candy to my head.... like... like a gingerbread house... with the icing and all....” Ejaz ponders outloud as he looks in a random direction in thought, tilting his head as he gradually grew more confused before shrugging and returning to Cherry just as she apologized for her rambling. Raising an eyebrow, Ejaz’s head once again tilted in confusion and curiosity before the stallion silently gave another shrug, then began petting Cherry’s head and mane softly with a wing.

“Hey it’s okay... I ramble out loud too.... kinda like I did just now about Sugarcube Corner... and a bunch of other things... Oh is Sugarcube corner what I think it is?... Uh, back to the original subject... um... It’s okay to ramble..” The pegasus explains and finishes with a sheepish chuckle, realizing that he himself had lost focus on the subject for a moment, and hoped that it helped proved his point that in the end; it was really no big deal of Cherry rambled and went off subject a couple of times.

Archived