The Trotting Dead (Looking for ponies to sign up!)

knight

WELCOME TO....

>>2cmnmm9.jpg<<
For the story of how this all started, pop open the spoiler:
As a general rule for everypony--you have THREE DAYS to post, to keep this thread active. so if I post on Wednesday, you have until Saturday to post.

(sorry about the missing images, the tumblr I got them from was taken down!)

trotting_dead_by_starfox365-d90ob2e.png

tumblr_mx9efmaS1Z1rlqd0ao1_500.gif

Celestia was defeated...

tumblr_n1bo3aId0Q1rlqd0ao2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n1bo3aId0Q1rlqd0ao3_1280.gif

tumblr_n1bo3aId0Q1rlqd0ao4_1280.gif

And now the dead walk the earth...
the_trotting_dead_by_sisterbelldandy-d6l

Disclaimer: I own none of this. I am recycling the plot idea from TTD tumblr to creatively implement the flow of an RP.

Before I post a list, there are just a few rules:

1. Magic, while allowed, is not the answer to everything. There will be limitations. Characters will sustain injury and exhaustion. While I am ok with spells being used to fight upon occasion, do not God-mode it.
2. No advanced weaponry. This is still Equestria. Think medieval. And, again, no god-moding this. Don't be a weapons expert. Being the 'ultimate' character makes it annoying and boring for everypony else. You can't do everything at once, but that's what makes it interesting!

• It should also be noted that, in all actuality, these creatures are on four legs majority of the time. A lot of times their most used weapon is going to be their hooves. Please keep this in mind in RP.

3. On that note, again: NO GOD-MODING. NO IMPENETRABLE CHARACTERS. NO ALICRONS.
4. No characters with the cure. We may seek it out, you may be a scientist who could help with it, but you can't just have the cure. Sorry.
5. No AMC rip off characters. :P That said, I'm limiting the amount of crossbow carrying characters. Be unique, guise.
6. No mane cast. I'll consider canon characters, but none even close to mane.
The character I'll be playing is Surprise, as in Surprise from the old gen. Pinkie Pie's predecessor. You are welcome to join in on this idea, and play perhaps Firefly/Posey or something, but you certainly don't have to.
I'll be playing majority of all NPCs, but while you are more than welcome to play zombies, wounds/deaths must all be plotted out with the victims!
Character Profile:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Description/appearance:[/b]  (include any and all injuries.)
[b]Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Short Bio[/b]

Current posting order:

Main:
1. knight (meself)

Other:

If you have a character that is not in the main group, you may get skipped for the first few posts, until the main actually can meet your characters. And if you have a character that is both main and 'other', as I know at least two of you do, try to put them both in your turn.

Also be aware that I will be throwing in sort of 'Gamemaster' posts every now and again to keep the story interesting. I'll post them as I see fit, but for Surprise, I'll keep her in order. I may possibly do two in one, if it's my turn. If you ever want to skip your turn, just post the word 'SKIP' so we know that you are paying attention, still! Remember to follow the topic and keep in touch in OOC chat!

If we get new players, please be sure to check the list as it will be updated!

Minor blood/gore mention is within the PG13 limit, but sexual things are forbidden.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Knight! Remember me? :smirk:

Could I join? And if so, would you allow me to play a Diamond Dog? The one I have is canon but if you don't like that I could work around it!

I want to gently shove myself back into things and I really like the idea you have here :D

On 1/7/2018 at 1:53 PM, Kahoot said:

I am interested, I sent you a PM a while ago, it might not have appeared in your notifications though :blush:

For me to sign up, should I comment my character, its role, weaponry, etc? Basically, describe my character within this RP.

Yup, use the Rp character sheet I included in the post, please!

13 hours ago, Quillhart said:

Hello, Knight! Remember me? :smirk:

Could I join? And if so, would you allow me to play a Diamond Dog? The one I have is canon but if you don't like that I could work around it!

I want to gently shove myself back into things and I really like the idea you have here :D

I do remember you!!! BUuuuttttt....I'd like to stick to pony only characters for this one, because the curse is specific to their species, and the undead don't go for non-ponies. Hope that's ok!

7 hours ago, knight said:

I do remember you!!! BUuuuttttt....I'd like to stick to pony only characters for this one, because the curse is specific to their species, and the undead don't go for non-ponies. Hope that's ok!

Nice to see you again!

Inconceivable! So you mean I'll not be able to dig about as fast as I can walk and be a super strong canine with fangs, claws and darkvision?!

That is completely fine! I was going to say that being a cute pony works neatly by me! 

However I cannot see the character sheet if you posted any. It might be because I'm on my phone but with a fried computer I have no choice. Thoughts?

Ha haaaaaaaa that's cuz it's not there.

It didn't copy over for some reason.

HERE YA GO:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Description/appearance:[/b]  (include any and all injuries.)
[b]Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Short Bio[/b]

Character Profile:

Name: Kahoot

Species: Pegasus

Weaponry: While Kahoot usually resorts to using her wings and/or hooves, she doesn't solely rely on them, she has a lightweight knife she carries in her belt, only using it when absolutely necessary. Kahoot prefers not to pick fights that are unnecessary, especially with zombies.

Personality: Kahoot was a very hype and energetic pony before the dead began to trot around Equestria, she still has her loud and cheerful personality but doesn't show it as often considering the traumatic things she has witnessed since the apocalypse started. As of now, she is usually quiet and glum, although, given the time and correct moment, she'll allow her true colors to shine.

Appearance: Most of Kahoot's injuries aren't major but rather small scratches on her legs and hooves. The only major mark she has is a scar from getting her hoof caught in a trap set up by another pony, it looks like a bunch of shark teeth going around her right hoof. Kahoot wears a short-sleeved bodysuit which looks almost like a mechanics uniform, it is much dirtier and has a few tears. She still wears her circular glasses, although, the left lens is cracked and broken. Her white coat is a lot darker due to dirt and mud accumulating of her fur, giving her a very unfriendly look. 

Bio:

Before the apocalypse happened, Kahoot was a theater actress, traveling around Equestria to perform for people as a living. Her skills as an actress prove to be a great advantage when needing to convince other survivors to allow her into their group and/or trick them to steal, sometimes she simply uses it to get pity out of other so they will offer her food and other supplies. The apocalypse had reached Kahoot while she was in the middle of a performance, an ill-looking pony had managed to get inside the theater and infected a majority of the audience as well as her theater group. This left Kahoot alone for a majority of her travels, although, she was completely fine with that considering she probably wouldn't have worked well with her theater group in such a situation.

Kahoot barely stops moving, she is always on the run and no home is her permanent one. She has been a group-jumper for a while, never staying with a group for too long before disappearing with both her and a few of their things. She no longer feels she can trust others in such a world where everyone is fighting to survive their own kind as well as each other.

Skills:

Stealth: 4/10

Stamina: 7/10

Knowledge: 5/10

Defense: 9/10

Combat: 4/10

(If you need anything added or have any questions, don't hesitate to say so :D )  

Neat here I go!

Name:

Sprinkle starlight

Race: unicorn

Description:

A slightly yellow toned white coat. Sprinkle does his best to keep it in top condition but to no avail.

Very short light blue mane like a bowl on his head. It's a remnant from the days he shaved his hair to make space for wigs.

Blue eyes in the same colour as his mane.

A black scorch mark on his left hoof, a reminder of the great fire.

A brown saddle bag for all things he needs or wants.

Weaponry:

None but whatever he can pick up that would make loud enough noices to distract a dumb dumb.

Bio:

Sprinkle starlight was once a co-owner, builder and maintainer of a smaller theatrical establishment. He was the spider in the web always making sure everything was running smoothly, he organized for a play every evening. More often than not Sprinkle had a minor part in the acting as well. He found his work very stimulating and took pride in every successful day. When he's not working behind or on the scene he traveled to see other theatrical plays, photoshoots and school plays to find inspiration and unpolished talent.

When it happened he was building stages with his coworkers to the upcoming grand opening of a young writers first play! He stayed behind to work some more when everything broke loose. He locked himself into the theater's back stage while abominations trotted into his beloved  theatre. For days, weeks or years he lived on what he could find until the second incident forced him to move and took a piece of him so that he may never forget what was robbed of him. There must be a way. If there is none, so may I still trot forever.

Archived