[Semi-open] [Exaggerated] Winter Snowball war.

szalhi

(( Regular snowball fights are boring. Semi-unrealistic snowball fights? Let's do it. ))

It was offseason. No official games were to be held during the winter. To some, it may seem like an opportunity to try other things or rest your body. But when your cutie mark is based on balls it can be hard to go long without doing anything ball related. However, if there's one thing special about winter is that there's snow. And with the snow came the invention of Snowballs. With snowballs came the invention of the best winter exclusive sport. Snowball fights. No matter the intensity of the battle whether high or low everypony can enjoy a simple snowball fight right? Well, Echo wasn't satisfied with the puny regular spontaneous snowball fights. No, this one had to be more serious. And with more intensity. She needed to prepare. 

On such a snowy day like this, a simple wall wouldn't do. She needed a full fortress. The first part of building a base is usually collecting the resources. But sometimes it can be easier to remove materials to create a bunker. With the creation of a bunker to start out with, the dugout resources can be used to create walls on the surface. Little peek holes were created reinforced with her pegasus magic. She wouldn't be able to hear the action outside the fort so she would need visibility. Structural support would be needed occasionally too, she was a pegasus and as such didn't require much floor structure, not that the fort was tall enough to require additional floor structure, but the walls would require some. As much as she would have liked to expand her fort, doing so would take too much time and resources. She needs the time to make the ammunition.

After an hour or so of hard work, it was finished- for now. The fortress of solitude triumph. Built on the ground to fulfill the rules of universal snowball fights. She was ready. But was anypony else ready? With two snowballs, one in each forehoof she patiently waited for her first challenger. 

The energetic Pegasus trotted around Ponyville, she always loved coming to the lovely town during the winter because of the vast decorations and everypony simply enjoying themselves. Ponyville is very different from Kahoot's home in Manehattan, it was a crowded city of thousands, millions of strangers. While in Ponyville, everyone seemed to know each other. Kahoot especially loved the Holidays surrounding winter in Ponyville which is why she decided to travel here, to partake in the celebrations. 

As Kahoot is trotting around, she notices probably once of the largest snow forts she has ever seen. The construction looked like it took hours which meant it was probably recently made by somepony who was clearly looking for a Snowball fighter, one of Kahoot's favorite games. The beaming mare trots towards the fortress, circling it with curiosity before a lightbulb appears above her head. She stands in the front of the fort, beginning to shape her own wall of protection which wasn't as sophisticated and well thought out as her enemy. None the less, she couldn't pass up a snowball fight on such a wonderful day.

One Kahoot made a large enough barrier that resembled a large wave, she rolled a few snowballs, she only needed enough protection to keep her from being hit which this wall of snow will be able to provide for the time being before it finally collapses. Kahoot knew her percentage of winning against this smart enemy was low, but that wasn't the point, the point was for her to have fun on her last few days in Ponyville. Kahoot steps out to the side of her barrier and puts her right hoove in the air, "Greetings! I am the almighty Kahoot of Manehattan, I am here for a duel!" The mare's voice holds a medieval type accent, no way would she pass up an opportunity to add a bit of fun and acting into a game, "Show yourself, enemy!"

She watched as the challenger set up their defenses opposing her own fortress. It was nowhere near as good as hers. 'Must be a novice,' she thought to herself. Who would dare challenge such the likes as herself? Not that she didn't want anypony challenging her, there's no point in having a fort if there's nothing to defend from. The almighty Kahoot of Manehatten. What would city folk know about the art of snow wars? 

"You dare challenge the fortress of tri-amph?" she replied in a more sophisticated voice revealing herself from behind the walls. Situations like these would probably be the only time you would hear her like this. "I assure you you're making a mistake." 'Actually please don't leave.' "I guess you haven't heard the legends of Echo." They weren't legends. "I won't hesitate to pound you with the ammunition." True fact. "It seems you have set up your fortifi-kay-shons. The battle will begin when the signal is given." What signal? "Also, I'm deaf so yeah, won't be able to understand you half the time." She had never seen the mare before so she probably didn't know. 

She ducked behind the wall and pulled out a larger ball than average. The snow-bomb. That was the signal. When the bomb hits the ground between the fortifications the battle should begin. The bomb had been specifically designed to cover as much area as possible while sacrificing any real damage. Why? Because it looks cool. She flew up and tossed the ball into the air before rushing back into her fort. The moment it started she would arc the ammunition at Kahoot's wall.

Kahoot smiled as her enemy played along, she juggled a snowball in her hand and giggled slightly. Kahoot never really had snowball fights growing up, nor does she get to play often, so times like these always lightened her mood. Kahoot prodded at her fort, adjusting a few areas which were already crumbling and even making a few more snowballs in the process. The Pegasus couldn't help herself but let a beaming grin appear, she picked up a snowball and stepped back a bit to see her enemy better, it was still quite hard to see the other pony but she could make out a few things.

"Prepare yourself Legendary Echo, for I... Kahoot, will bring your castle to ruins and turn your city into rubbish... Taking your riches and claiming this land as mine!" Kahoot gave Echo a wink and waited for the signal. As the large ball of snow dropped, resembling that of a bomb, Kahoot took cover behind her snow wall, holding two snowballs in her hooves and waiting for the enemy to make the first attack, although, she didn't mind making the first move if she got a good opening.

"Let this war become History in the book of LEGENDARY SNOWBALL FIGHTS!" Kahoot shouted, peeking over her snow wall to see any signs of the enemy or an opening for attack.

((I love the exaggeration. ))

Echo didn't really get the last message from Kahoot but it didn't matter because the war was on. She looked over her arsenal. She almost forgot to build equipment. She wouldn't really need it now but siege cannons would be useful. Snow Mortars would also be useful, but as an excellent ball user, she wouldn't need the equipment now. Unless the opponent also had ball skills, she should have a clear advantage. One of the novice mistakes she witnesses in most snowball fights is the lack of understanding of physics. Most ponies seem to focus on destroying the enemy fort or waiting for the enemy to expose themselves before throwing the snowballs directly at them as straight as possible. 

She calculated the minimum arc she would need to avoid the opponent's wall. Then made adjustments to leave room for miscalculations and varying velocities. Once she had the supposed angle calculated, she made sure her supply of snowballs were nearby as she wasn't going to be manufacturing for a while. It may have seemed a bit unfair to start with such an obscure strategy, but all's fair in love and war right? She picked up the first snowball and threw it, watching to see if it hit the designated area. Close enough. She stretched her forehooves. Now it was time to start the barrage.

Kahoot juggled her snowball, Kahoot had no intention of playing dirty with the filly because that would simply be bullying, although, she had the feeling this filly meant business when it came to snowball fights. Kahoot peaked over the wall, aimed the snowball and simply threw it, immediately rolling a new one to replace the one she just used. Kahoot imagined this as the battleground of some sort of War from hundreds of years ago, this is the only way the theater pony could truly get into the game.

She felt something hit, too close for comfort that is, it was... A Snowball. Kahoot knew it was time to fight, she couldn't mess up or else... She won't survive this treacherous battle that would leave a mark in Equestria History. Finally, something that wasn't boring would be imprinted into textbooks, it would be titled, "The Great Snow War"

Okay, Kahoot admits even that title sounds boring, she'll need to think harder about it, but not right now.

The pegasus picked up yet another snowball, looking over her wall and aiming at the fort where it seemed even the slightest bit weak. Unfortunately, it was a solid build and there didn't seem to be any openings nor weak points. Kahoot decided to aim for the bottom left, throwing her snowball there and yet the fort didn't even budge.

"I know I am terrible at sports... But I didn't know I was that bad..."

The opponent was a fool to think that they could get past her impenetrable defenses. Nopony has ever successfully done so. That's part of the reason she was kind of alone today, most of the foals know better than to attack the impenetrable fort. Maybe she should just tone... no. Never. The most she would do is let others join her army but no toning it down. If somepony does manage to take down the fort than they shall be rewarded with... something. Then the fort will be rebuilt better as if nothing had happened. 

She started her barrage. She used all her current energy to fling all the remaining ammunition at the target. The accuracy was lower but spray and pray was a legitimate tactic that could work out especially if you don't know the exact location of your target. Now that her energy was lower she would have to recover it to optimal levels. She would do so while manufacturing more of the ammunition and reinforcing the safe havens. Before starting she peeked up over the top of the fort. "Kahoot you fool! This was over before it started!" She shouted over at the opposing base seeing the splotches of snow where the balls landed, some having landed outside, but the majority having landed within or on the opposing base. "I will now consider your un-con-dish-uh-nel surrender!"

Kahoot's eyes widened as the snowballs came at a quick speed, surprisingly a majority didn't hit too far from her base. This filly was no pony, she's a machine! Kahoot knew that there is no way that someone as unsophisticated, lazy, and has no knowledge in sports would never be able to win against such glory, beauty, and an absolute genius. Although her mother taught her that, "Giving up will not bring succession but simply failure and tears", Kahoot preferred the motto "If you don't try at all, then you won't fail"

THAT'S ASIDE FROM THE POINT, THOUGH.

Kahoot peeked over the base as well and waved her hoof, "Me? A fool?! Young grasshopper you're sadly mistaken, for no one has beaten the Almighty Kahoot and I don't plan on allowing you to be the first anytime soon!" Kahoot picked up a snowball and threw, it landed a few inches away from Echo but didn't hit her, "Dang it... I have such bad aim..." Kahoot whispers to herself and reaches for another snowball.

She was sure she wasn't supposed to have known that last bit of information but because of her lip reading, she understood it anyway. Kahoot does not physically match her. This was surely all one big act. Does Kahoot really think this is a game? Wars are not games. They're serious business. Unless they are war-games in which case they're kind of half games. Maybe this is a game. Yeah, this is just for fun. All right, let's just pretend it's not a game, even though it clearly isn't. "If I must be mistaken, then this war will clearly have no victor as the legendary Echo is never defeated either," She pointed out while finishing off the last of the ammunition set. "But I assure that you must be the one who is mistaken instead. Which means the war continues until I have defeated you or you accept the un-con-dish-uh-nel surrender. Which I believe will not take long."

She would have to prepare the advanced weaponry in case the advanced tactics of Shock and Awe are to be utilised. This meant creating the siege cannons and the mortars. This was no longer just a test of physical strength and accuracy. In the event that advanced tactics aren't enough, Operation Endgame would be activated.

Kahoot laughed with pride, juggling a snowball between her hooves before launching it forward, just barely grazing the filly's mane, "Are you sure about that, Echo?! I feel that I may be the victor of this war! Then you and your people will serve me~" Kahoot cooed, following with a cackle before falling back and hiding behind her wall to replace the snowball she just threw. Kahoot found that if she solely relied on openings and weak points, this war would go nowhere. Kahoot picked up two snowballs at a time, launching them at her opponents base until there were none left. At least ten snowball remains could be seen around and on the fort, although, her aim was still horrible. 

The young mare once again fell back, quickly rolling and stacking new snowballs to continue her wreckless tactic which will still end with her defeat if she doesn't think of some sort of strategy. While Kahoot may be one to be energetic and in love with games, she found this one to be more of a strategic... Sport... Game... Thing?

ANYWAYS

Kahoot had no intention of letting her guard down too easy nor allowing the filly to win without a fight, although, she also had no intention of power playing considering her opponent was younger than her, though, she did recognize the filly's skill and would take that into consideration.

Archived