Be my Guide.[Done]

szalhi

Spoiler

HxVj

Her Blindness had stumped her again. It was never always an issue, her Echolocation was a good replacement that allowed her to do some things normally. Sometimes ponies wouldn't even know of her impairment. The only clear factor of her blindness is her eyes when they are open, and when they are closed one might wonder how she doesn't bump into things. 

Loose Cannon was in Canterlot temporarily for future business. She was planning on joining the guard so she needed to go to the recruitment center. Because of her condition, it would take a while for them to come to the decision as Canterlot hasn't ever had a blind guard before, but the recruiters expressed their interest. They sent her home saying they'd notify her later through mail, hopefully in Braille. This wasn't the first time she was in Canterlot ever, but it was in the last five years. She decided to spend some time looking around the city. It wasn't as exciting as ponies say. One of the various reasons ponies come to visit Canterlot is just to admire the architecture of the city. But to her, it didn't leave much to be desired. When she was done she decided that it would be better to just leave and go back home to Ponyville. Off to the train station, she would go. No wait, that's not the station. Not that either. This is back where she started.

This was the problem. 

She didn't know where the train station was. Canterlot was a big city and the locals weren't always so kind. "I don't have time for this, They'd say or mostly "Just use a map." She would have liked to just use a map. Maps are distributed to all tourists who need them. She was kind of a tourist. But maps are colour based so she couldn't use a map. She tried to look out for a pony that may seem like they could help, but if there was one, they were diluted among the rest. She stood there on the side of the street with a look of concern. 

?do=downloadEjaz could only give a half-smile as he waved a customer away with his wing, only to frown and sigh as he rested his head on the counter of his shack. Business wise, today wasn’t too bad, he definitely got paid enough to just make it though the month so any customers will be getting services for free until he starts running low again. So  all in all, it was a fairly good business day for the biege pegasus. Social wise... well... was almost the opposite, which was something that irritated Ejaz quite strongly.

Constant judgemental stares, inability to talk to his face unless they had to, cautious behavior as if he was an animal, and those who subtly hide their displeasure on working with him, and those who were the opposite of subtle. Ejaz wasn’t blind, and he definitely wasn’t stupid, he knew exactly why ponies here were hesitant to even so much as approach him. Ejaz was a nomad that walked around with a shack and a carriage, with an unkept tied into a ponytail, it didn’t take a genius to figure nobody really liked him cause of how he lived.

But they could at least hide it better...” The mechanic thought before letting out a sigh. Deciding he needed a break, Ejaz hung up his closed sign and left his carriage in his small portable shack, locking it up before wandering off to explore. The biege pegasus had arrived at Canterlot 3 days back, and ever since it’s been the same. At first it didn’t really bother him, Ejaz simply thought ponies were simply being cautious of a new person being in town. But after the second day, the mechanic had wised up, and it utterly ticked him off.

Something then caught Ejaz’s attention, or rather, somepony, it was an orange colored mare, one who was asking around for help but wasn’t getting any. Internally growling at the behavior of the other ponies, Ejaz began heading over to see if he could help in anyway, deciding that in no way, shape, or form, should he act even remotely like those around him.

“Hello... You look kinda lost... Would you like some help?” The beige, white, and blue pegasus had asked in a soft quiet, and curious voice, his red eyes conveying his innocent curiosity and desire to help as much as his voice did.

Spoiler

HxVj

Wait, hold on. She was just about to leave for a different location when a stallion came up to her expressing their desire to help. Somepony here was actually willing to help here? No way, couldn't be true. No wait, it could be true. They were speaking in a softer voice, one which a sophisticated Canterlot Pony would never use. She sent out a pulse tracking the pony's location and form. Not a Unicorn; a pegasus. Yes, it was true. 

"Yes, I am lost," She answered turning to face towards the pony, her eyes not sure if they want to stay open or closed. "I need to find the way to the train station as I have forgotten where it is myself. These locals are no help at all, spitting out the same basic automated replies like they're not paying attention." She paused for a moment. "They are definitely not paying attention. How do they expect me to use a map that's not embossed? How could you even get a map in sufficient embossed detail?" 

She realised she was ranting on and caught herself before she went any further. "But enough about that, you're willing to help me? You must not be like anypony here at all," She acknowledged. "Are you a local? Tourist? Nomad?" 

Ejaz watched the mare turn towards him, his expression changing to one of curiosity, embossed? Why was that so important? It had then clicked in Ejaz’s head exactly why, especially once he noticed that Loose Cannon’s pupils weren’t dialated like normal eyes when exposed to sunlight, they were as wide as eyes in pitch black darkness. A sad but comforting smile found its way on Ejaz’s face though he knew she couldn’t see it, internally, the stallion could feel that anger build up even more. However, he also knew that now wasn’t the time to let his emotions affect him, so the mechanic kept his cool as to stay helpful to the mare.

Then there was her question, under any other circumstance, he would’ve been surprised at her figuring out how he wasn’t from here. But after staying in this city for the past 72 hours, Ejaz could easily see how he stood out like a sore thumb, something that he was now quite proud of.

“Actually... Nomad... Traveling mechanic to be precise.... I’m... I’m Ejaz Ferron...” Ejaz answers and introduces as he closes the distance between him and the mare a little as to make the conversation more privite, his voice still soft and quiet as a gentle, yet awkward smile grew on his face as he looked at the shorter earth pony.

“And.... Yes, I would like to be of assistance.” He also states, half-glaring at the pedestrians that completely ignored the two before bringing his full attention back to Loose.

“Oh and... would it be alright if... if I ask for your name?” Came his awkward and curious question as he instictively tilted his head as he asked.

She felt the stallion move closer to her but she didn't mind at all. "Oh, Travelling Mechanic? So you fix stuff for ponies wherever you go. Well, I don't have anything that needs fixing here Ejaz. Well, artificial stuff. My name's Loose Cannon," She introduces herself. She was lucky to find somepony from out of town or else she would be stuck here until she stumbled in the right direction or she found an oddball local.

Her ears perk up as she listens to the ponies within the vicinity, her hearing let her eavesdrop on some conversations. "Listen, I'm not really feeling comfortable around these other ponies here and I don't think they like us here either. If you could help me find the train station that would be great I don't plan on staying here any longer than I need to," She states before quickly adding on.,"No hoof holding required, my ears still work, I only need somepony who knows the way. Or is capable of reading a map."

“Well... It’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Loose Cannon.” Ejaz informs giving a small bow of his head as he spoke, glancing around at the ponies that passed by, and noticing the occasional looks that were sent both his, and the blind mare’s ways. Ejaz couldn’t help but feel frustrated at the lack of empathybin others, before sighing away his anger as he knew he couldn’t, shouldn’t, and wouldn’t force others to think certain way.

Upon hearing Loose’s suggestion to move on, and how she needed somepony who could red a map, Ejaz smiled as the solutions came to his head. If one thing was for sure if everything else wasn’t, was that Ejaz agreed completely with the earth pony’s statement. Yeah, he had only been here for 3 days, but if the last two were any indication of what would be coming along. Ejaz had no problem skipping this place unless it was an emergency.

“I have to say amen to that statement in fact um... if you don’t mind I’d like to travel with you.... As for the map thing.... I can read maps... so I can take you to the train station if we can find one...” The pegasus states honestly as he gave another glance around before hearing Loose’s warning on how she wanted to be treated, and looked at the slightly smaller mare with a raised eyebrow, and a gentle happy smirk.

“As for the holding your hoof thing. I wouldn’t dream of it, I can tell that yes your blind, but I can definitely see that you can handle yourself perfectly well... I honestly wouldn’t want to cross you.” Ejaz happily says in a soft voice filled with sincere kindness. Curiosity then filled his features as he glanced at his wings, then looked at Loose Cannon and tilted his head.

“Also um..... Could I carry you while I flew? After all um... you can’t fly.... and it’ll be a lot quicker if I just carry you with me and went to find a map and, or, train station.” Came the innocent inquire’s curious question.

(( School is really messing up my normal post times and my comfort.))

"It's a pleasure to meet you too," She replied giving her own bow. She continued to instinctively eavesdrop on the ponies within the vicinity while listening to the stallion as well.The stallion was definitely a nomad if he was asking to travel along with her. "I wouldn't mind you travelling along with me. though I haven't got far to go. I'm only going down to Ponyville. You'd have to know how to read maps, otherwise I'd doubt you'd be willing to go through with helping me," She pointed out. 

He did notice her blindness, but what made it good was that he didn't doubt her abilities... or at least express doubt. "I'm glad you're not like the average. Most ponies don't notice I'm blind and while that's good sometimes, other times it can make situations weird. When they do notice I'm blind, they seem to completely ignore my capabilities," She explained in a cheerful tone. "I work out. You would not want to be on the other side of a conflict. I mean, I'm not that compulsive..." 

His last statement changed the mood a bit as it gave her mixed emotions. Fly with him? It would definitely be faster but... could he even carry her? Even if he could she'd be up in the sky, away from the ground. Up in the air, the ground is outside her perceptive range, it didn't feel safe at all. "Oh... I'm not sure about the flying part," She muttered. "It's like, I'm not even going to notice the ground, it will be like, there's only you and I. That doesn't feel right at all. I'm not saying I don't trust you; i do trust you, but you know..." Would he know? The air is natural for a pegasus. "I mean, I guess we could do it... If you really want to."

((Hey it’s alright, I know what you’re going through ^^))

Ejaz’s happy smile only brightened further as he observed Loose Cannon bow and greet him in the same respectful manner, his tail wagging ever so slightly when she had approved of him traveling with her, nodding when she had mention that him reading maps is a necessity.

“I know how to read maps, granted, I almost never use them... but I do know how.” Ejaz informs with a casual smirk and a shrug of his wings, the mechanic was never really one for planning unless it was necessary, finding that just exploring around with only a vague sense of a goal really helps when one is taking in and appreaciating an environment. Returning his attention to the conversation, Ejaz had tilted his head just a very few inches when he heard Loose’s compliment and statement reguarding how she was treated due to her disability.

“Thanks, and besides, I’m only saying what’s a fact. Your pupils don’t dialate in the light and are.... about as wide as a pony hanging out in midnight.... It uh.... it only makes sense that you’d train the other senses to, to make up for it...” Ejaz replies in a simple positive tone, lowering his head a little as he whispered at a volume no other pony couldn hear due to the background noise of daily life, however, the stallion knew that the mare in front of him could pick out his words.

“And... I’m honestly not surprised your treated in such a way in this city.... The ponies here act way too pampered for my liking.... At the moment the only positive I see in living here is possibly meeting Mrs. Celestia, or one of the other princesses.” Ejaz stated in that tiny whisper so that only his new companion could hear him. Upon hearing her proudly proclaiming how she works out, the mechanic cheerfully grinned as he stood straight and returned to normal volume.

“I imagine so.” The mechanic happily agrees, finding the small time he’s spent making conversation with the orange mare more pleasent than almostvall the 72 hours he’s spent in this city (as the first three hours were actually nice since all he did was explore and marvel at the scenery). However, the beige pegasus’ happy grin faded as he could hear the clash of thought in Loose’s voice once she began talking about the idea of him carrying her. It was then that the gears began turning in Ejaz’s head, his mind coming up with a couple of other possible solutions that he could suggest, however, the socially-inexperienced stallion figured he should get a few variables solved as to narrow down the best alternative sollution.

“So.. Question? Are you in any kind of hurry? Any... emergancies, or.. something of that sort?” Ejaz asks tilting his head as his ears moved around for a moment to listen to the surrounding pedestrians, before facing Loose once again.

No maps? Loose would have assumed that as a Nomad, the stallion would use maps more often. But then again, he probably just picked a direction and stuck with it. No maps really needed. 

The stallion seemed to lower his voice to a range outside regular pony hearing, probably to obscure the conversation. She wouldn't be able to lower her own volume so the act would only work one way but she smiled appreciating the attempt. "My pupils definitely wouldn't dilate. They were damaged shortly after birth by my uveitis, I've never seen in my life," She explained. She stilled got inflammations occasionally, but they were so few and minor that she never thought to bring it up. "I was actually referring to ponies outside Canterlot. I don't get the opportunity to converse with most ponies here so they never notice," she clarified to the stallion. "Not that I'd really want to. Sometimes I feel like the Princesses are different enough from the locals that the only reason why they're here is for traditional reasons."

She rubbed her front right hoof along her left hoof emphasizing her physique. "I'd say that my physical fitness is one of the things that sets me apart. I'm not saying that other blind ponies can't work out either, it's just that I've never met another blind pony or heard of one that knows Echolocation so I wouldn't expect them to pursue the same level as myself."

That was a good essential question he asked last, but it would come with a simple answer. "There are no emergencies. No hurries. We have all the time in the world," she said before chuckling to herself. "Well not really, but you know what I mean. Flying would be faster, but unless you're in a rush yourself, I'd rather not do that. I remember my first experience flying, it didn't go too well."

• szalhi changed the title to [Semi-Open] Be my Guide.

An apologetic frown had found it’s way onto Ejaz’s face, in the past, the mechanic had wondered what it must be like to be blind; to not be able to see no matter how many times one rubs their eyes or blinks, to forever have the color of black and faint shapes stemming from one’s imagination forever be the only things they “see”. Everytime he’s thought of it, he could feel his claustrophobia acting up, and the simple idea of not being able to see would drive him mad. But maybe that was because he wasn’t born blind, he knew what it was like to see and maybe that’s why the idea of blindness has the impact on him that it does... The biege mechanic had absolutely no idea what it must be like to loose the sense of sight when one was born, it was something he couldn’t fathom no matter how hard he though; it only made his respect for Loose that much stronger.

Upon hearing the mare talk more about ponies from other settlements, then how she didn’t really talk to anypony else here, Ejaz gave a nod with a small hum to show he was paying attention, grinning and letting out a childish snicker once he heard her comment about the princesses of the sun and moon.

“To be honest? While I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.... I do acknowledge that there are genuinely nice and good ponies here... I refuse to believe everypony here is selfish...” Ejaz whispered as he looked down at the ground, his childish grin changing into a more mature smirk. The nomad raising an eyebrow slightly as he listened to Loose speak of how she conditioned her body, noticing her physique and letting out a small hum in acknowledgement. However, his eyes picked up as the statement on echolocation reached his ears.

“You learned echolocation?” Ejaz asks moving a little closer and tilting his head, the stallion’s eyes wide with curiosity as a big smile found its way onto his face. “That’s... that’s amazing! I always wanted to try learning but I never had the patience, I didn’t even know how to start! Wha- what must that be like? How did you... how did you even learn? How far can you ‘see’ when you listen with it? Does it mean you can see all of this city considering all the noise from ponies going about their daily lives? Just, wow the idea of-....” The pegasus cut himself off as it just clicked how many questions he was asking, and exactly how fast he was speaking. Ejaz could feel his cheeks burning slightly as he felt embarressed over his rant of curiosity.

“Heh... so-sorry... I.... I got excited and kinda... kinda got carried away... just um, just forget about those questions...” The pegasus aplogizes in a soft voice that was easily dripping with awkwardness. Though the silence, Ejaz heard her speak of a past negative experience with flying, and began rubbing the back of his head with a wing to ease the awkwardness he was feeling.

“Well... I’m sorry for your bad experience.... but since neither of us are in a hurry.... Let’s uh, let’s take the scenic route to the transtation... Though, I’m going to need to grab some of my things first if that’s alright with you...”

Loose chuckled at the stallion's sudden outburst. She remembered the number of times she asked her mother to explain sight and it was hard to explain and hard to understand. Maybe this situation would be similar. But whatever, maybe this stallion would understand. "It's okay, I can answer those questions. I'm not sure how easy it would be to learn, I've never heard of anypony else using it. Besides you have sight, it's easy for me because it's all I've got," she explained. "I can't exactly explain what it's like. The best I could say is it's like seeing the silhouettes of everything."

She paused for a moment thinking back to when she first learnt it. "I was somewhat influenced into learning it based off the Neighpon pony Zatoichi, who may or may not have been fictional. It was never blatantly stated that he used it, but one thing lead to another and I realised how sound changes based off the objects around you. So I learnt how to locate with echoes."

She once again paused for a moment, this time to send out a pulse. "There are a lot of variables for range. Right now it's like thirteen metres, but that could change. I can understand why you'd have think a loud city would let me perceive everything, but the reality is that the sounds are so varied I can't rely on all of them. That's basically all I can tell you now."

The stallion suggested taking the scenic route. Hopefully he meant the parts of the city that she hasn't visited yet. "You don't need to feel sorry, it wasn't a long experience. Yeah we can take the scenic route. Although the scenary might have a low effect on me. If you're going to help me than surely I can help you with your supplies back."

“That... is a good point.... umm... still.. even if it would be harder for me to learn it, I’d still love to at least get a basic idea on how to pull it off...” Ejaz explains after recieving the reply on the difficulty for him due to his lack of disabilities, the stallion glancing around and imagining what it’s like to only see silhouettes. Deep in his stomach, Ejaz could feel a small sense of claustrophobia at the thought before looking at Loose Cannon once again as she informed how she learned such a technique, and what inspired her to try.

Upon hearing her limits with this ability, the Nomad had giving a small humm and nod, before giving Loose a light nudge to let her know he was begining to walk; the pegasus figuring they might as well start heading over.

“So... Zatoichi inspired you... What, I have a question, if sound gives you silhouettes, then does me talking this close give you details on my facial features?” Ejaz asked with a tilt of his head,glancing over at Loose as he lead the two of them back to his small shack, the mechanic smiling softly at the mare.

“Oh, and also thanks for wanting to help me with my things.”

She pondered for a moment. "Well, I guess I could teach echolocation, maybe one day. would be useful to other blind ponies, but it's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You just have to hear the difference between the echoes based on your position," She tried explaining to him. She felt a nudge in her side so she started paying attention to her surroundings as they set off. She noticed that as they walked, the locals seemed to pay less attention to them, probably because they weren't lingering. 

"I can kind of recognise facial features. But nothing extreme, basically stuff I could just guess. Why? Is there anything special about your face?" She asked. "Because to me, it seems pretty normal right now. I don't really rely on facial expressions." 

Her body was actually feeling pretty restless. One disadvantage about Canterlot is that The locals don't take to kindly of others 'mucking around.' "I mean, I don't really have to help you since you made it here by yourself, but it just seems like a way to repay the favour. Besides, I have too much energy right now to do nothing," she explained. "Where are you planning on heading next? Anywhere specific?" 

“I see I see, yeah it would be helpful to a lot of blind ponies, and not just ponies, heck, things like that could be helpful to just about everything with a hindered sense of sight.” Ejaz happily whispers, his eyes shining with the possibilities before the stallion was brought back to reality, as Loose had began explaining the extent of her ability when it comes to seeing facial features. Upon being asked if there was something special about his face, Ejaz blinked with a semi-blank, semi-surprised expression before smiling sheepishly.

“Um... No not really... I mean, I don’t think there’s... anything special about my face.... I-I’m not sure, I mean I don’t have any scars, or marks, just a natural face.... I guess...” Ejaz awkwardly describes, not knowing exactly what to say about his face that won’t sound like some kind of bragging attempt.

As the two continued on their merry way, Ejaz began observe those around them, noticing their curious gaze which soon changed into judgemental half-glares. The pegasus could feel himself frowning at all the negative signals that were being sent to him by those around the two companions. It wasn’t long however, that Ejaz decided to ignore them and simply pushing his anger down, figuring that it wasn’t worth it to worry, besides, his tool shack was right there.

“Here we are.” The beige nomad happily informs before heading over and using his wings to pick up a screw driver, and a hammer, and began taking apart the small shack in record time, placing all the pieces in a carriage that was also halfway full of scrap metal and random compartments as he went along.

“Sorry, it’s going to take me a minute to get this all packed, I hope you don’t mind.” 

"The thing about Echolocation though, is that I have a feeling that it's not as easy as it was for me. Maybe I just got lucky and learnt it real easy, it doesn't mean I would be able to teach it to to others," she remarked. "There would also be varying levels of hearing sensitivity. I don't think I'll be able to help anyone learn it, the variables are just to high."

She attempted to try and sense whether or not the stallion was lying or not, but she could still not detail enough of his face. "Well, If you say you have a natural face, then I'm just going to have to take your word for it, I'm not about to go rubbing my hoof all over your face," she whisphered back at Ejaz. "Unless you'd allow me to, which, I'd understand if you didn't, we only just met." 

As they walked along, she could feel the presence of the locals around her. She could not make out their miniscule expressions which made her feel at unease. She attempted to ignore them, but it was kind of hard when her social status was kind of important, especially since she was probably going to be stationed in this city in the future. However, luckily, she noticed the out of place shack up ahead that was most definitely her companions.

She watched the stallion take apart the shack bit by bit, he seemed to be fast at it, maybe too fast. She wasn't sure if he had a certain method or he was just improvising it. "It's okay, i would help, but I don't know if you have a specific system that I don't want to mess up, you have to do this everytime right? I don't think you have time to explain such system if it exists."  

“That is a good point, when it comes to others there are so many factors and combinations, I guess the most anypony could do is teach the basics and hope for the best...” Ejaz agreed as he countinued taking apart the small shack, he did hault his progress however, once he heard her question on his facial features, and felt his cheeks heat up a little at the awkwardness of the answer he was about to give.

“Well... I umm, don’t really have anything to hide... so... if you want to check my face... I-I guess you could?” Ejaz informs as he awkwardly rubs his head with a hoof before continuing to detach wood peice from wood peice. He was almost done when she had stated how she wouldn’t want to mess up whatever system he had.

“A-actually there really isn’t a system... I just start from the top and make my way down.... Unless that counts as a system which if it does then I guess there is...” Shrugging his wings as he wasn’t sure if that could be considered an answer or just simple information sharing, Ejaz finished up with the last few peices of wood and placed them neatly (or as neatly as he could) in the carriage. The pegasus smiling as he used his wings to get the harness over his head and across his chest.

“Alright I’m all done here.” Ejaz states happily as he walks back to Loose, the sturdy carriage moving behind him, both sounding and seeming heavy despite how easily the pegasus moved with it.

Loose Pondered for a moment before replying "I think one of the reasons why I haven't heard of any other users is that they don't know that Echolocation is a thing or that they can even learn it. Like, I bet if I was never inspired, I would have never thought to enhance my senses and learn it." 

She could hear the uncertainty in the Stallion's voice as he authorised her previous request. "If you're okay with it, but we're not going to do it here. I don't know about you, but I'm most likely going to be returning here sometime in the future and I don't want to give the wrong local impression. I don't think you're actually ready for it," She informed him listening around for any locals. There were few than before, but in a city like this, she didn't think one could get any real privacy. "I don't think I'm ready for it either, is this a normal thing ponies do?" 

The Stallion sure was awkward, and it was such awkwardness that seemed to be seeping into herself. "It is a system if you're doing the same process repeatedly. In a way, you just taught me how to do it in less than ten seconds," She pointed out with a smile. She watched as Ejaz finished the last of the pieces. "I don't think you ever told me where you were planning on going next, if you had plans that is. I'm supposed to be going back to Ponyville, but in reality, I don't have any reason to stay there." 

She was going to offer to pull it, but she decided against it. The Stallion did this all the time and unless his body was weakening, he would be fine. Instead, she opted to stay beside him. 

Ejaz remained silent as Loose had described one of the reasons she thought were why there wasn’t any other recorded cases of blind ponies using echolocation, the pegasus glancing around before pausing as her second statement followed by a question reached his ears. Was this standard for ponies to do? Or was it considered weird and unorthodox? After a moment, Ejaz had concluded that he didn’t really care if it was considered standard or not, if this is what was happening, and it was in no way, shape or form harming anypony, then it can’t be that bad.

“Honestly? I... I don’t have a clue... but I can’t see anything wrong if it isn’t hurting anypony.... right?” Ejaz asked as he looked at Loose, glancing around before giving her a very light and friendly pat on the head with a wing as both a friendly gesture, and to let her know he was heading in the direction of the train station. The pegasus continued walking until her answer on whether or not he had a system clicked in his head, that and her inquire as to where he was headed next, glancing back at the mare, Ejaz glanced up in thought before shrugging.

“Huh... I guess I do have a system... Well, there you go I guess... As for where I’m headed... I always wanted to see Ponyvile... I keep hearing it’s such an interesting place.... I hope you don’t mind me traveling with you.... or staying with you if you... You know, decide to stay here... I don’t really mind it...” The nomad informs with a positive tone and smile. Yes, he may have not had the best experience while he was here the past three days. But then again it was just that, Ejaz had only been here three days, so he figured that if he stayed for a couple of days more; especially with his new friend, maybe things could turn around.

She felt the stallion pat her lightly on the wing. She wondered if that was a normal pegasus thing as her friend had done that several times too. She would have done it back if she was a pegasus. "Well no, it wouldn't be hurting anypony, I don't think it's wrong, but I don't know much about Canterlot culture, I don't want to risk anything, we'll just wait until we're on the train," she answered. 

She nodded in acknowledgement to his answers. Ponyville was not her birth town, but she's been there long enough that it might as well be. "Well, if you didn't have a system, then I'd have to question your validity as a nomad," She joked before thinking for a moment. Coming to Canterlot showed her that Ponyville was actually a relatively nice place. "I can't really exactly explain what Ponyville is like, I'm heavily biased since I've been living there since forever and I see things differently. What I can tell you is that it's very progressive in its culture, quite the opposite of Canterlot, you'll fit in right away. If I'm travelling with you, then I'll need to grab some stuff from my home. I can't confirm if I will right now, but the mood says yes." 

"When we get there I'm gonna have to show you around. There are some places you'll definitely have to check out," She informed positively. "I'm not going to spoil them for you right now."

“I’m fine with that...” Ejaz shrugs as he leads Loose along, blinking as she questioned his legitimacy as a traveler and started snickering.

“Yeah... I guess you would have to... you know now that I think about it, I guess my system is simple, quick, and straight to the point....” Ejaz states glancing over at the smaller mare, his face baring a warm smile as he observed his new companion and stayed silent as she had begun to explain Ponyvile, or at least the abridged version.

“It sounds like it’s a nice place judging from your tone.” Came his quiet observation as he glanced around and began searching for a sign that points towards the train station. Now, Ejaz was pretty confident he could find the transportation center on his own, but now that he was actually leading someone there, he wanted to be absolutely sure he was going in the right direction. The mechanic’s ears had tilted towards Loose once she suggested to show him a few places, Ejaz smiling brightly at the idea as he kept watch on their surroundings.

“I’m up for it... h-honestly now I’m kinda excited.” The stallion sheepishly admits with a laugh.

"Aye. Well, now that I think about it, you're lack of recognition for your system shows how good of a nomad you are if it's simple and you don't have to think about it," she complimented. "I Hope I'm not overwhelming you with compliments? Consider it somewhat of payment."

She began focusing harder to try and hear the sound of a train. But she could not hear any. Either she was far away or there was no train in motion. "I can't hear the train from here so I can't confirm yet if you're going in the right direction."

She smiled at his judgement of the town. "Ponyville is a nice place. It's not actually my birth town. I was born in Appleloosa, but it wasn't really a good place for a young blind filly. I was supposed to move to Fillydelphia until... stuff happened. So besides the first two years, I spent most of my life in Ponyville," She explained. "If you want, you could stay at my house while you're not in the market." She thought for a moment before grinning. "If you were really feeling it, you could risk going into the Everfree. I tried once or twice but never made it far in. I think I had the advantage of not being scared by the dark. Apparently, the trees shade most of the areas making it more gloomy or something, whatever that means."

Ejaz quietly raised an eyebrow as he looked at Loose curiously, smiling sheepihsly with a tint of a blush as she asked if she was giving him too compliments.

“W-well... I honestly wouldn’t know...  I-I mean I’ve never really gotten this many compliments, so... I assume maybe? Not sure really... but uh, thanks...” Ejaz explains shrugging as his blush faded away, the mechanic glancing around before noticing some ponies with packages and luggage, who also looked dressed for travel . Figuring out where they were coming from, Ejaz began to lead Loose in that direction, the stallion using a wing to once again nudge the earth pony and inform her of his change in direction.

“This way... I noticed someponies with luggage coming from this direction...” He explains, hoping that his gut feeling was in fact, right. It seemed to be case as they had walked past more ponies who also carry luggage with them, this only made Ejaz more confident in his decision to head in the direction the two were currently traveling in.

Once again Loose caught Ejaz’s attention, the pegasus watching the mare as she began explaining where she was born, and how she ended up at Ponyvile. The mechanic could feel a part of him getting a little giddy at the idea of the village, before it was replaced with surprise as she had suggested for him to stay at her place.

“Y-your place? Are you sure it’s okay? I mean, I don’t want to intrude... I-it normally takes me a couple of hours to build my shack so.. so you don’t exactly have to have me over...” The stallion explains smiling shyly as he glanced around before looking at the earth pony beside him again as she began explaining the mysterious forest that existed near the town.

“A-actually... that sounds like fun... going into the forest....” Ejaz mutters in while mentally entertaining the thought. He’s heard of Everfree Forest, a couple of towns had told the mechanic about it. But everytime it was brought up, no amount of fear entered the mechanic’s body, instead, only curiosity, and even a bit of excitement. Which was why even now Ejaz had no objection to going into the reportedly dangerous forest.

She laughed at the Stallion's reaction, slightly nudging him. "You're welcome. You're blushing, aren't you? I don't need to see to know that, which means the answer you're looking for is yes, I am definitely overwhelming you."

She turned as commanded by the stallion's wing and sent out a pulse. She too noticed the several ponies carrying luggage. She had few amount of luggage of her own since she was not planning on staying around for very long. "Huh, you're right. Must be getting close then. Lead on bud." She actually felt a more comfortable, knowing that there was a greater diversity from the travelers.

After hearing the stallion's shy concerns, she turned to smile at Ejaz, hoping to convince him. "I insist that you stay over. A couple of hours is totally too long," she joked. "It wouldn't feel right for you not to, I've got plenty of space in the house. That's not saying much as there's plenty of space in Ponyville anyway for comparison. But you don't have to, if you're more comfortable in a shack that is." 

She beamed up at his response. The idea of exploring the Everfree felt more thrilling for her than normal. "I'm sure we've definitely got to go into the Everfree, we'd be better off doing it together. Being together gives us the natural perk as creatures are less likely to attack a group than a loner... unless you want animals to attack you? Like it's your secret thing? I wonder if I could take on a timberwolf..." she pondered, thinking back to the other times she went in. That was a year or two ago, and while she wouldn't be much older, a lot can change in two years. "Maybe. I'm sure ponies would question why I'd willingly want to take on a timberwolf. To show dominance among the pack? Heh, I could become the first Everfree ranger." 

Ejaz couldn’t help but laugh as his blush deepened, letting himself be moved slightly when Loose nudged him.

“Well then I.. I guess you are.” The mechanic states as he nudged her back only slightly harder, his more playful traits beginning to show as he grew more comfortable around the earth pony. Ejaz then tilted his head as she suddenly went quiet, then agreed that they seem to be in fact, going in the right direction. Grinning almost childishly, Ejaz happily walked on as he noticed more ponies with luggage, and even saw a small long building a few ways down the road. The beige pegasus was about to inform Loose of the building ahead, only to pause as she insisted he’d stay over. Blushing once again, Ejaz sheepishly scratched his chin with a wing as he glanced up at the sky.

“Well.... it’s also considered rude to rjeect an offer... so.. I-I guess I’ll stay the night... thank you..” Ejaz calmly and semi-awkwardly states smiling softly at Loose as he looked at the mare, then back ahead, tilting his head at her question on his liking to be chased.

“I definitely agree that at least two of us would be better than just one... Now... with the chasing thing... I wouldn’t say that... I-I like exploring, and adventure... fighting... not so much... n-not to say I can’t fight... I’ve studied a couple of self-defense and offensive combat styles to keep myself safe... along with anypony who happens to be with me.... and... I’ll admit a nice sparing match feels nice..... but... I’d rather avoid legitimate confrontation...” Ejaz explains contemplatively, thinking back on a couple of scenarios he had found himself in where such knowledge was helpful (not to mention safely practicing it was a good stress reliever). Deciding not to ponder on it at the moment, Ejaz returned to reality just in time to hear Loose ponder on becoming a ranger. The stallion could immediately feel himself chuckling as the idea played out in his head.

“You know if you did that you’d be the best darn Ranger that ever ranged.” Came the honest opinion from the pegasus as he chuckled and laughed a little more.

Loose laughed as the Stallion counter nudged her, not wanting to nudge him back as that would probably result in the endless cycle of nudges. "Ejaz, sometimes it's not just valid to guess, you also have to be certain. Like, I could continue to overwhelm you and it wouldn't entirely be my fault, if you get what I mean?"

"I don't know if it would be exactly rude, it's not always about the host, but you're welcome," She replied. "Just a warning of advice, i don't know if the lightbulbs work, so you're going to have to figure that one out yourself. I've been alone for about two years now, so anything could have happened that I wouldn't have noticed." 

"I understand if you don't like fighting on purpose, I think everypony should learn to defend themselves, but the world isn't perfect. I hope I'm not giving you the direct impression that I'd purposely hunt something out for fun. What I mean is that I wouldn't hesistate to fight back to defend myself. I can't become such a great Ranger as you said if I'm purposely destroying the environment can I?" She explained. "But I don't really have to worry about that because I'm sure the Timberwolves wouldn't hesitate to come at me, such a predatorial race as they are, it would be defeat to not attack such a pony with a figure as myself." 

She thought for a moment. "You know, If I were to become a ranger, that would also kind of require me to do some science work, thus making me a scientist. That actually sounds quite nice. A scientist and law enforcer at the same time basically, that's following both of my parent's paths. I think I'd have to reconsider my application for the military. The Everfree doesn't have a Ranger yet, and If I'm to be the first than I'd have to contact the officials. I'd also have to learn more about the Everfree before that so I'd be qualified," She thought out loud before turning to Ejaz and realising. "I hope I'm not rambling too much? I could write down, well, type all my thoughts in a journal, but it's way easier to tell somepony else."

Archived