Who are Scootaloo's parents?

MyLittlePonyTales

We haven't really seen any parent ponies in the series, I know. However, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom at least have sisters. We haven't seen anything of Scootaloo's family yet. Also, I brought this question up in the chat, and someone mentioned that Scootaloo doesn't live in Cloudsdale. Which is odd, the only other two Pegasi in Ponyville that we've seen are Rainbow Dash, who does live in the clouds, and Fluttershy, who may or may not live in the clouds.

Was Scootaloo adopted by Earth ponies?

Only thing I know is that Dash isn't related to her; I was told in the old shows she was related to Cheerlie but that doesn't make sense for FiM. Most likely though she probably has Pegasus parents that we just haven't seen yet.

I still think Fluttershy was adopted by earth ponies though! ;)

Maybe the reason behind why they retconned Whooves into a Pegasus was so that he could be her Dad, and her super secret pony Cutie Mark power-to-be-revealed is going to be the ability to scoot so fast, she can warp the space-time continuum! =O

• Like 1

Maybe the reason behind why they retconned Whooves into a Pegasus was so that he could be her Dad, and her super secret pony Cutie Mark power-to-be-revealed is going to be the ability to scoot so fast, she can warp the space-time continuum! =O

What if Derpy was her mom as well... That alone will warp Space and time. :shock:

• Like 1

What if Derpy was her mom as well... That alone will warp Space and time. :shock:

Oh, but we already have a fan pairing of this!

derpy_whooves.jpg

And they have had a child named Dinky Hooves!

dinky_hooves.png

And they have had a child named Dinky Hooves!

dinky_hooves.png

Wouldn't one of them have to be a unicorn though? Yet again, Derpy could be a single parent with a unicorn foal who then met Dr. Hooves in recent times. :) That is the great thing about her, you can pretty much go anywhere storywise.

The whole Derpy as Doctor Hooves companion in space and time idea is pretty popular though. Okay now I have an art idea! :o

There's supposed to be an episode coming up which reveals how all 6 of the main ponies got their cutie marks...

AND there's supposed to be an episode, by Word of God, where we meet the parents of the main ponies...

Dunno if this is the same episode or not, but it gives me a LOT to look forward to!

It actually makes more sense if Scoot was adopted.

Cauuuse I read Scoot can't fly yet...

I suspect that has more to so with her age as her wings are pretty small, and all Pegesai have to go through that awkward part of their lives in learning to fly as foals

Good Point, they haven't shown another Pegasus at her age flying yet now that I think about it...

I actually have no idea where they would take that now lol

There is a scene in the end of episode 2 where there's little baby pegasus ponies putting a ring of flowers around Luna, and they're smaller than Scoots.

It actually makes more sense if Scoot was adopted.

Cauuuse I read Scoot can't fly yet...

I suspect that has more to so with her age as her wings are pretty small, and all Pegesai have to go through that awkward part of their lives in learning to fly as foals

Good Point, they haven't shown another Pegasus at her age flying yet now that I think about it...

There is a scene in the end of episode 2 where there's little baby pegasus ponies putting a ring of flowers around Luna, and they're smaller than Scoots.

Ah, you beat me to saying something about it.

But here is a photo:

Flutterponies.jpg

Ah, you beat me to saying something about it.

But here is a photo:

Flutterponies.jpg

I have little doubt Pegasi around Scoot's age can fly, they just cannot fly like adults such as Rainbow Dash, Derpy, or Fluttershy can, instead I always imaged them as slower and somewhat wobbly in their flight. It isn't established that Scoot cannot fly is it? Or just we really haven't seen her fly? She seems to be decent with her wings, after all she did use them to power that scooter of hers. :(

haha I'm sad to say I have not watched the first two episodes, Idk why.

I think I've heard that somewhere before...

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_Is_Magic_Wiki <--- I use this a lot haha

But that makes a TON of sense cause Rainbow does like to Couch other ponies <3

Btw I found this game of Rainbow Dash haha

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5419136/

• 1 year later...

Found one of the oldest threads and I'm trying to bring it back. Lol. So, any more speculation as to who Scootaloo's parents are? Is she staying in Ponyville with her sibling, like Sweetie Belle? Even after season three, we still don't have any ideas as to who they are. Myabe she lives with Cloud Kicker or something? I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

Well, if you notice in Ponyville Confidential, Sweetie Belle talks to Rarity, Apple Bloom interviews Granny Smith, and Scootaloo talks to... birds. And then in Sleepless in Ponyville, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo go out with Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. Still no family to be seen! I mean, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo fit well as like, somepony Scootaloo would look up to. And maybe if she didn't have any siblings, Dash would be a good substitute for what her two friends have. However, even if we didn't see Rarity's parents for awhile, we still saw Rarity, and Sweetie Belle. She had family. Apple Bloom has always lived with Applejack (and hey, we sort of saw their parents too).

Parents have come in the past, and probably will continue to be revealed in the future. So, I guess we just wait it out. A common fandom theory is that she's an orphan... I'm waiting for the day when her parents are shown, and a thousand fanfiction headcanon's are shattered.

• Like 1

Flutterponies.jpg

Ruby Pinch has wings! :o Or it's probably a doppelganger.

Found one of the oldest threads and I'm trying to bring it back. Lol. So, any more speculation as to who Scootaloo's parents are? Is she staying in Ponyville with her sibling, like Sweetie Belle? Even after season three, we still don't have any ideas as to who they are. Myabe she lives with Cloud Kicker or something? I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

Things are best left unknown. Though my best guess is that Scoots has parents than the widely used orphan Scootaloo. Too dark and sad for the show.

I think the reason why they don't show her parents it that it might kill a lot of the fandom stories and arts.

I think the reason why they don't show her parents it that it might kill a lot of the fandom stories and arts.

The people who work on the show aren't allowed to read fanfictions. I mean, there is art that implies it, but I doubt the fandom theories are as widely known to the show staff as they are to the fandom.

Well, if you notice in Ponyville Confidential, Sweetie Belle talks to Rarity, Apple Bloom interviews Granny Smith, and Scootaloo talks to... birds. And then in Sleepless in Ponyville, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo go out with Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. Still no family to be seen! I mean, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo fit well as like, somepony Scootaloo would look up to. And maybe if she didn't have any siblings, Dash would be a good substitute for what her two friends have. However, even if we didn't see Rarity's parents for awhile, we still saw Rarity, and Sweetie Belle. She had family. Apple Bloom has always lived with Applejack (and hey, we sort of saw their parents too).

Parents have come in the past, and probably will continue to be revealed in the future. So, I guess we just wait it out. A common fandom theory is that she's an orphan... I'm waiting for the day when her parents are shown, and a thousand fanfiction headcanon's are shattered.

This is sooo true. Just like alicorn twilight did, so too will the revelation of scootaloo's parents. Lol. Just waiting for the bring your parents to school day episode. You know it's gotta be on the way.