The Pony and the Cat [Private]

SymphonicFire

The streets of Ponyville were bustling on the weekend. Slash had decided to visit town on a sunny day to take a stroll, maybe even buy some food back. He walks down the streets, looking at what each shop has to offer and exchanging greetings with familiar faces. Of course, there would always be curious stares whenever he would visit the town. You'd think after this long ponies would get used to his appearance, but there will always me some hooves pointing at him. 

Slash notices a book store out of the corner of his eye. Figuring that he'd need more to keep him occupied, he stepped into the shop to browse.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moon had been reading the latest edition of daring do. She enjoyed these books and had went to the library to read it as soon as the latest one came out. Moon strolled through the aisles, using her magic aura to hold the book in front of her face. Moon was excited to read this latest edition. It seemed different from the others, since she had heard many ponies talk about it. Moon continued to trot until she bumped into an unfamiliar stallion, browsing the shelfs. She dropped the book and fell on her behind, "Oh, apologies I-" Moon stopped herself as she noticed the strange sallion's cat ears, "Woah.." she mumbled to herself.

((I'm a fast typer :3))

Slash was about to pull out a book from the shelf when he felt someone bump into him. "Don't worry about it..." Slash said, following the mare's gaze and flicking his ears. He picks up the book she dropped with his tail and glances at the title. "Good to see someone else who likes Daring Do." he smiled, offering her a hoof to get back up and the other with the book she dropped. She seemed to have bumped into him because she was so engrossed in the book. Why was she walking and reading at the same time anyways?

Moon snapped herself out of her thoughts and took his hoof to stand up, "Thanks." then smiled at him. She collected the book with her magic and elevated it beside her. Moon just laughed, "I can tell what you're thinking. I was reading and walking because i'm an idiot."she chuckled at herself then shook her head. " I'm Moon, Moonlight Star." she held out a hoof for him to shake.

((Sorry I did some stuff.))

Slash looked down at the hoof and shook it. "Nice to meet you, Moonlight. I'm Sla-" he was about to introduce himself when someone interrupted him. "Ah! There you are! I need you to deliver these." the store manager dumped a saddle-ful of books on Slash's back and pushed him out the door. "I'll see you around." he managed to say before having the door closed behind him. Slash was pretty sure he wasn't working on weekends, though it wouldn't hurt to make money while he's got nothing to do. "That mare was kind of nice though." he said to himself as he looked at the address he was heading to and galloped away.

Moon just laughed as she saw the shopkeeper urgently needing him to sell the books. She smiled to herself, "Maybe I could help him, hes probably not far!" Moon hurried to check the book out then inserted it into her saddle bag, then hurriedly ran out the door. Moon spotted him in the far distance and ran towards him, then stopped as soon as he finished selling his first book. "h-hey.." she panted then stood up straight, "Do you want some help?" then sighed and smiled at him, "That looks like a lot to handle on your own,".

((I forgot xD sorry.))

Slash delivered his first book and put the bits into a small leather pouch. He turned to the voice that sounded familiar, noticing it was the mare from before. "I'm alright. I wouldn't be a delivery pony if I couldn't handle some weight." he smiled. She confused Slash, there is no reason for her to run after him like that. "Did I forget something in the shop? Why did you come find me?"

Moonlight shrugged a bit, "I guess I thought you would need some help, plus I never got you're name." she smiled. Moonlight didn't even know herself why she was being so nice, she was usually a quiet pony with not that many friends. Pony's in Ponyville would always find her face buried in a book whenever she was out (which was not often). 

((Eagles won the superbowl!!))

((ooo! No idea who they are! XD))

"Slash Claw." he replied, smiling as he walked to his next address. Looks like the rest are all for this one pony; at least it's a short job. "Do you live around here?" Slash asked, trying to start up a conversation during the walk. 

"Nice to meet you." Moonlight said as she walked beside him. "And to answer your other question, I do live around here. In fact its right down this road." Moonlight pointed with her front right hoof down the road. "Wait, are those all for one pony?!" she said in amazement while looking at the remaining books to sell.

((Ugh in real life i'm sick like I mentioned a few days ago. I forgot what its like to smell and my throat is KILLING me. *Internal screaming*))

((Oh and they're a football team .3.))

((Aw. Get better soon! >.<))

"Yes. It might be for a scholar so I'm not that surprised." he replied, smiling as he continued to walk. Slash thought Moonlight was rather talkative, even though it seems like she's always got head between paper. Perhaps she doesn't have many ponies to talk to, so she's letting it all out? 

Moonlight sighed after she had blabbered, "Oh okay." she shrugged. "Well I guess since you know where I live you can come and talk to me whenever you like!" Moonlight smiled. Slash was her first friend in..forever. Maybe even since magic kindergarten. What moonlight didn't know, was that she finally had some pony to talk to, and to let out her thoughts to. It was relieving. Now she wouldn't be a loner, I guess you could say.

((Awh thanks!))

He laughed a little. "That's quite forward of you. We have just met a few minutes ago after all." Slash smiled. He'd also offer his address but...I don't think she'll take the trip to the Everfree Forest. "Looks like we're here." Slash stopped at the front door to the library, ringing the doorbell. A pony opened the door and smiled at the giant stack of books before giving the bits to Slash. "Thank you very much." he nodded before walking away. "I guess I'm done now. All I need to do is bring this back to the store owner."

Moonlight stood behind Slash the whole time they gave the books to the ponies. She wasn't very talkative, but for some reason Slash was special..I guess. "Alright. I guess i'll just tag along." she said while trotting beside him, "Good thing you didn't have to sell that many books." she laughed. 

"Yea, I'm surprised I only had two deliveries to make. Usually there are a lot more on weekends" he replied, continuing down the road. "Do you visit the book store often? I think this is the first time I've seen you there."

Moonlight hesitated a bit but then spoke, "Well I usually come every Monday, but I stopped for some reason a few months ago," Moonlight looked ahead as she saw the library. "So any plans after this?" she questioned.

((Just watched the new Thor movie. A little late, but it was amazing!))

((Ragnarok?))

Slash shook his head. "I was just planning to walk around today; I have nothing important to do." They arrive back at the shop after a short walk. He dropped off the saddlebag and gave the pouch of bits to the shop keeper. "Thank you, see you next time!" Slash nodded and look his pay before heading back out. "I'm free now. Anything you'd like to do?"

((Yeah.))

"Oh." she replied. "Well not really." Moonlight shrugged since she didn't have anything planned either. "So this is you're job?" Moonlight questioned him. Moonlight had a job, but she recently had gotten fired for apparently 'not doing it good enough'. Moonlight worked at a stand that sold many different household items. You name it they sold it! The boss was an earth pony, who was strict and rude. Moonlight had been planning to quit soon so it didn't really bother her. 

((Same! Blueray just came out))

"That's right, I'm a self-employed delivery pony. It seems like a lot of people needed a fast and cheap delivery service." he replied, nodding. He would usually have his hat on and wagon with him, but since he wasn't supposed to be working, he didn't bring them. "What about you?"

((Oh really?Also sorry for the short reply. Its late where I live))

"Well.." Moonlight went silent for a few seconds, "I got fired from my job." she said this quietly. 

Moonlight sighed as she thought about it, "Well my boss was a old stubborn Colt who didn't really like me from what I could tell," she rolled her eyes and continued, "When I didn't set something up 'perfect' I got fired." there was a flash of anger in her voice. "I kind of rely on the bits I have left to pay my rent, and i've been looking for a job".

((Lol okay))

Moonlight just smiled, "Yeah, me too." after that, there was a moment of silence between the two. Moonlight decided to break it, "I don't know about you, but i'm in the mood for a hayburger. Wanna come?" she questioned. 

Slash looked at the mare and nodded. "Sounds like a good idea; I'm a little hungry after those deliveries." he replied. He was a little surprised that Moonlight has not asked about his ears and tail yet, usually ponies ask when they first meet him. He wasn't complaining though, it was a good to have a normal conversation.

Archived