The Pony and the Cat [Private]

SymphonicFire

A little while after they both arrived at the restaurant. "Go ahead and sit. I'll get us both something," she told him. Moonlight trotted up to the front ordering desk and ordered two hay burgurs, with fries on the side. "Thank you for choosing Hay World" the young aged cold squeaked. Moonlight guessed he was going through the..faze, since his voice sounded rather strange. Moonlight shrugged it off.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moonlight inhaled the smell of delicious hayburgers as they walked into the restaurant. "Go ahead and sit down. I'll order two so we each get one." Moonlight trotted up to the colt standing up at the register. "Hello ma'am welcome to Burger Town!" Moonlight could tell the pony's smile was forced. "I would like two number 3's please," Moonlight pointed with her hoof at the large menu, "Right away ma'am".  The cashier handed her the receipt and two empty cup to fill. Shortly after Moonlight thanked him and hovered the receipt and two enpty cups onto the table with her magic as she sat. "Fill up you're cup with anything."

((God I feel hungry now xD))

"Thank you." he smiled, taking the cup. "I can pay you back for my meal." Slash said, walking to the drink dispenser an filling his cup with water. They just met after all, Slash isn't bold enough to let her pay for his share.

"Its alright. There's no need to pay me back," Moonlight shrugged as she also filled her cup with water. "Number 32!" a pony called out, while placing the tray on the counter, "Oh that's us. I'll get it." Moonlight stood up from where she sat and walked up to the counter. Moonlight hovered the tray holding the food in front of her and thanked the pony, then walked back to the table and set it down. "I got us both a hayburger and fries" she opened hers, holding it in front of her face and took a big bite, smiling as the flavor flooded into her mouth.

Slash still felt uncomfortable, but he wasn't going to let that ruin the mean. "Thank you for the meal." he smiled, biting into his burger too. Slash had never gotten a hayburger before, but it was delicious. "This is great! It tastes amazing."

((Sorry! I was out all day))

"I regret not having these sooner, I should come to town more often" he took a big bite and happily continued to eat. Slash can see that Moonlight is a generous pony, but paying for his meal while she is jobless doesn't settle with him well.

"I noticed you haven't asked about my ears yet." he said, taking another bite.

((Nah its fine.))

Moonlight chuckled as Slash said this, then used her magic and lifted a few french fries into her mouth(a few as in probably 5). As she ate for the next few minutes Moonlight thought about where she should apply. Maybe she could apply here while she's looking for a job and then apply some place else when she's found somewhere.  

As Slash had asked this, Moonlight set her hayburger down and swallowed. "I.." she started, then stopped as she thought a bit, "I guess I know how it feels to be different from everypony. The real reason why I haven't asked is because i'm different from the normal mares you meet on the streets; so I guess..I don't know." Moonlight looked at Slash as she frowned, then continued to eat her hayburger as her face returned to normal. 

((Lol you too))

"I see. Thank you for telling me, I like honest ponies." he smiled, continuing to eat his burger. What did she mean she was different from other mares? So far Slash could see nothing out of the ordinary. He also noticed the look on her face after talking about it; maybe she's not comfortable about the subject.

Moonlight smiled back as she finished her hay burger, then began munching on the fries. "Hey do you think I should apply here? I've been thinking lately to apply here while I look for an ideal job." Moonlight asked him, while inserting more fries into her mouth. 

Moonlight smiled, "Yeah I think so too. I'll go apply right now." Moonlight stood up and walked to the front desk. She spoke with the pony for a bit, then came walking back with a smile on her face. "Apparently they're low on staff so they just hired me on the spot." Moonlight sat down in front of him and continued, "Strange, but oh well," she shrugged.

"I'm glad you like them too" Slash was genuinely happy to have made a new friend that he gets along with quite well, if only he could help her with her troubles in return for lunch. "The park is just over there." 

"Alright!" she walked with Slash down the roads of Ponyville, and ignored the stares other ponies gave him. Some ponies gave him weird looks, so in return Moonlight stared at him with an evil death glare. This made the ponies walk away nervously, and make her chuckle to herself.

Moonlight just shrugged, "Still, they shouldn't treat you like you're a monster. You're a pony too and they should know that" she sighed. As they arrived, Moonlight watched the different ponies run around. There was a lake nearby, so she also spotted a few ponies fishing. 

"I am technically one though, I just don't live in a cave." he chuckled, looking around. Slash could understand their fear, though they just need to learn that he isn't dangerous. "Shall we head to the lake? I think it'll be relaxing to watch the waves."

Archived