The Pony and the Cat [Private]

SymphonicFire

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slash followed and sat next to her, watching the lake. "I used to come here with my uncle when I was still a pony." he smiled as he remembered his past. It was a long time ago, though he remembered it like it was only yesterday. 

Moonlight turned her head to him "Still a pony?" she asked. Moonlight had thought maybe he had been born this way, and was some sort of half cat half pony. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you turn into a hybrid?" she examined his ears and tail carefully.

((I drew Moonlight, but she is pixelated))

c76793664f18795.png?v=1519502207

((omg that's awesome. I was having a little trouble with the design, but this will help a bunch! XD))

Slash looked up to the sky as he thought for a while. "It's almost like it came from a story, but my Uncle is a scientist. He fused my body to a cat because he needed to present the results of he research. I was lucky to have survived; most of his experiments didn't."

((Haha thanks. I thought you would have trouble, so I just went ahead xD..also are u a Five nights at freddys fan?))

Moonlights face filled with sorrow, "I..I didn't think it happened like that. I'm so sorry." she looked at him in the eyes, then looked back at the lake. "Since we're telling backstorys..I have no idea where my parents are. What I mean by this is that one day I had come home from school and they just weren't there" her heart ached as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. Moonlight quickly blinked them away and hid her emotions. She didn't want to make the mood sadder than it already was.

((Yep! I haven't played any of the recent games though.))

Slash bowed his head, he never really knew his parents so he couldn't empathize. "Have you tried looking for them? Asking around?" he asked. 

Moonlight nodded, "I searched all of Ponyville and searched many city's. One day, I just gave up.." her voice trailed off. 

((I also drew mangle in pixel form while I was at it. Sorry for showing you so many drawings xD))

c2bc62f7daef04d.png?v=1519516719 

((That's fine! I like them!))

Slash nodded, feeling a little guilty about asking. "I'm sorry, I won't pry anymore" he sat quietly and continued to watch the scenery. Things went downhill quite quickly, though that doesn't mean he can't enjoy the lake.

Moonlight smiled, "It's okay. You were just curious" her eyes followed his gaze back to the lake. She smirked, then stood up and set down her saddlebag. Moonlight ran to the water and jumped, "CANNON BOWL" there was sudden big splash of water as she landed in the lake in the form of a ball. Moonlight swam up and grinned, ignoring the ponies looking at her. 

((yay :3))

((btw your turn in Hero Academia))

Slash gasped as he struggled in the water, immediately pulling himself up the bank and backing away. He didn't think Moonlight would do something that bold; though she was a rather cheerful pony. He shivered as his body heat escaped from him, attempting to shake off the water trapped in his coat. 

Moonlight frowned as she saw this, then it immediately hit her. 'Of course, he's a cat. Cats hate water..' she swam back slowly and took a towel from her saddlebag, tossing it to him, "I'm always prepared..". Then, she simply shook the water off of herself, and fixed her mane. 

((Okay. I'll reply there next))

"...Thanks." he said, wrapping his hooves around himself to keep warm. He wasn't completely afraid of water, he was just surprised and it made his reaction worse. Slash breathes as he calms himself down.

Moonlight looked down and put on her saddlebag, "I guess i'll go." then started walking out of the park. What was she thinking? Moonlight should have knew better then to pull a pony-cat hybrid into water. "Oh, keep the towel by the way.." she looked back then hovered hot tea over to him, "I was also planning to drink it, but you look like you need it.." Moonlight turned back around and continued to walk.

"Wait." Slash wanted to say, but his teeth were clenched. "Why is she leaving all of a sudden? It isn't her fault" he thought, picking up the tea and taking a sip. He should find her later on, he can't lose a friendship over something small like this.

Moonlight exited the park. Her eyes were watery, 'How could you leave like that?! You looked like a fool!' she mentally yelled at herself. Moonlight went to the library to get her mind off of things. Hearing the door make a dinging noise, she entered without looking at the librarian. Moonlight grabbed the daring do book from her saddlebag and sat down, reading from where she left off. Moonlight didn't realize she was crying until she noticed her page was wet. 'Why are you crying?!' she thought, panicking a bit. She quickly wiped her tears, using a nearby tissue from a tissue box sitting on the counter. 

((Draw something?))

Slash took another sip of tea, wondering if Moonlight will be alright. She would have probably gone back home, but since the sun is still up, she might be back at the book store or someplace with books. He decided to find her after he feels better to clear things up. Hopefully he'll be able to before the end of the day.

Moonlight finished reading her book, then carefully inserted it inside her saddlebag. Tomorrow she started her job at Hayburger, so she would have to go to sleep quite early. Moonlight smiled to the librarian who wished her a lovely day. She walked outside of the library, hearing the 'ding' from the door once again. Moonlight walked down the roads of Ponyville until she reached her home. Moonlight set down her saddlebag by the front door, locking it behind her. Moonlight quickly got ready for bed and watched some television as she sat on the couch. It was only midday after all. 

((Ugh I have work tomorrow..kill me.))

Archived