My Hero Academia [Sign-Up & OOC]

Kahoot

Just now, SymphonicFire said:

*looks at template*

Oh my gaaaawd...

I know it's intimidating, but your history can be brief- Just write major points! Just what you think we should know about your character... Look at Gigi's if you need help, it's just a few posts above :)

You could also use an existing character of yours and just modify a few things to fit this template.

1 minute ago, SymphonicFire said:

This low key reminds me of the first roleplays that I started. XD 

Could I use a Qilin with a quirk that can allow her to move small magnetic objects? Asking before I make a full app.

If you can find a way to explain how your character being a Qilin is included in the quirk when you write your app, then go right ahead! Otherwise, your character will have to be an Earth-Pony. unfortunately.

For example... Qilin's look similar to dragons and dragons can be elemental (fire, wind, water, earth... Blah Blah Blah), so that could lead to your character being an elemental Qilin.

It's similar to how it is in the anime, a majority of the characters who look different (Like Asui, she has similarities to a frog) are that way because it's connected to their quirk. Asui's quirk is simply holding similar activity and abilities that frogs do, that is why she has a long elastic tongue (Like frogs) and can jump high (Like frogs, lol). Those who's quirks aren't tied to an animal or whatever usually look like normal people.

I don't know if this makes sense, it's just an example as to how you can include the Qilin form into your quirk, haha :P 

I see. Metal is technically earth (AVATAR! Though I'm pretty sure in Chinese culture it's an element of it's own), soooo I guess that will doooo?

I'll try to finish the app soon, I don't do well with long apps anymore (struggling to finish one of her WoE apps).

It can be either an Earth Element or a Metal Element alone, but either way, it shall do!

Take your time and don't feel pressured, remember, this doesn't have to be a full-blown, official app - Just a small template that'll describe your character to us! If you need any help, comments, questions, or concerns... Do not hesitate to ask! As I said earlier, the history doesn't have to be long... Just include key points in your character's life that mean something, maybe how/when they gained their quirk, or what drove them to be a villain/teacher/hero/student... 

Hong LanFa by SymphonicFire

Name: Hong LanFa

Hero Name: Red Flux

Character Description: Picture above (with an eye-mask) for her hero outfit. School uniform (naked if there isn't) at school.

Cutie Mark: Three red Orchids on a stem with each one smaller as it gets closer to the end.

Species: Qilin

Likes: Business, efficiency (most of the time), drama, tea, and Ukes.

Dislikes: Unnecessary fighting, set backs, rash actions, yelling.

Relationships: Aunt in Mustafu. Both her parents and younger sister are back in Long Kong.

Physique: Tall and Slender

Resident: From Long Kong, now in Musutafu.

Quirk: Polarize: the ability to magnetize metals and manipulate them in the air. At this point in her life, she can manipulate a maximum of 8 objects at a time, and depending on the weight of the objects, that number can decrease. She mostly uses ball bearings (1") during training, but still keeps a fan of knives (I don't know how you feel about knives, but they won't be used against other heroes or citizens). Her quirk takes up quite a bit of energy, so she cannot afford to attack without thinking or she will become tired, which is where her strategic mind comes in. She also knows martial arts and tries to incorporate her quirk into it, though it is mostly reliant on whether her opponent has metal on them.

History: Lan Fa grew up in a family of business ponies, so she was raised to be the heir to the company. She was home schooled and did not have many opportunities to go outside, other than to follow her parents to meetings. It was then when she discovered her quirk by moving a hairpin, that she learned about heroes who use their quirks to help other ponies in danger. As a filly, she was inspired by these heroes and wanted to become one. After a year, she confronted her parents about her dream to help others, though they were not supportive of it. They wanted to see that if she was to choose something other than business, she needed to show them that she was determined. So she trained everyday, still doing her business studies at home while she did. With a year of training and hard work, her parents agreed to send her to U.A in Musutafu when she reaches the age of a first-year high school student. Lan Fa was overjoyed, but kept a professional face infront of her parents. It is with that determination that the young qilin realized that her wish of helping others can come true, which was when her cutie-mark appeared on her flank.

Character Personality: Lan Fa is a very calm pony, who likes to think through things rationally. She likes peace and quiet, though a conversation with other ponies is not a complete drag. It is difficult for her to make friend on her own as she never had much of a chance to, but she is friendly enough to ponies who approach her in a normal manner. She also doesn't like to fight unless she needs to since she believes every action is important and she cannot throw her energy around mindlessly. 

Character Summary: Lan Fa grew up as a daughter of wealthy business ponies, though she aspired to become a hero after discovering her quirk, an elemental one that allows her to magnetize metals and manipulate them, thought to be similar to the power of the serpent dragons in her culture. After training and convincing her parents, she became an exchange student in U.A to fulfill her wish to protect and help others who cannot protect themselves. This calm qilin is a rational thinker who enjoys peace and does not like unnecessary fighting or yelling, though would not mind interacting with others as long as it does not bother her.

13 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Hong LanFa by SymphonicFire

Name: Hong LanFa

Hero Name: Red Flux

Character Description: Picture above (with an eye-mask) for her hero outfit. School uniform (naked if there isn't) at school.

Cutie Mark: Three red Orchids on a stem with each one smaller as it gets closer to the end.

Species: Qilin

Likes: Business, efficiency (most of the time), drama, tea, and Ukes.

Dislikes: Unnecessary fighting, set backs, rash actions, yelling.

Relationships: Aunt in Mustafu. Both her parents and younger sister are back in Long Kong.

Physique: Tall and Slender

Resident: From Long Kong, now in Mustafu.

Quirk: Polarize: the ability to magnetize metals and manipulate them in the air. At this point in her life, she can manipulate a maximum of 8 objects at a time, and depending on the weight of the objects, that number can decrease. She mostly uses ball bearings (1") during training, but still keeps a fan of knives (I don't know how you feel about knives, but they won't be used against other heroes or citizens). She also knows martial arts and tries to incorporate her quirk into it, though it is mostly reliant on whether her opponent has metal on them.

History: Lan Fa grew up in a family of business ponies, so she was raised to be the heir to the company. She was home schooled and did not have many opportunities to go outside, other than to follow her parents to meetings. It was then when she discovered her quirk by moving a hairpin, that she learned about heroes who use their quirks to help other ponies in danger. As a filly, she was inspired by these heroes and wanted to become one. After a year, she confronted her parents about her dream to help others, though they were not supportive of it. They wanted to see that if she was to choose something other than business, she needed to show them that she was determined. So she trained everyday, still doing her business studies at home while she did. With a year of training and hard work, her parents agreed to send her to U.A in Mustafu when she reaches the age of a first-year high school student. Lan Fa was overjoyed, but kept a professional face infront of her parents. It is with that determination that the young qilin realized that her wish of helping others can come true, which was when her cutie-mark appeared on her flank.

Character Personality: Lan Fa is a very calm pony, who likes to think through things rationally. She likes peace and quiet, though a conversation with other ponies is not a complete drag. It is difficult for her to make friend on her own as she never had much of a chance to, but she is friendly enough to ponies who approach her in a normal manner. She also doesn't like to fight unless she needs to since she believes every action is important and she cannot throw her energy around mindlessly. 

Character Summary: Lan Fa grew up as a daughter of wealthy business ponies, though she aspired to become a hero after discovering her quirk, an elemental one that allows her to magnetize metals and manipulate them, thought to be similar to the power of the serpent dragons in her culture. After training and convincing her parents, she became an exchange student in U.A to fulfill her wish to protect and help others who cannot protect themselves. This calm qilin is a rational thinker who enjoys peace and does not like unnecessary fighting or yelling, though would not mind interacting with others as long as it does not bother her.

It's good! I just need you to talk about the negative aspects of her quirk... With every quirk comes hardships, for example - A lot of manipulation quirks require one's energy, so maybe you can say if she uses it for too long she becomes tired... Or sore. You don't have to write a lot, just a short little line about how her quirk takes a toll on her. The fan of knives is fine as long as she doesn't use it on others, just for training!

Otherwise, it's perfect! You don't have to now, but later I would like it if you could just copy what you wrote here and paste it in the template I provided in the original post (Where all those boring rules and such are within this thread). Just edit the post of the description you made, you don't have to re-comment it :) 

After that, go right ahead and respond to the RP thread... Your turn will be after Gigi's whenever we all RP. If you ever forget, the turn order is in the original post as well!

17 minutes ago, Kahoot said:

Otherwise, it's perfect! You don't have to now, but later I would like it if you could just copy what you wrote here and paste it in the template I provided in the original post (Where all those boring rules and such are within this thread). Just edit the post of the description you made, you don't have to re-comment it :) 

Edited!

Not sure about what you meant there. I used the template, but it automatically aligned it to the left. Does it need to be centered?

Just now, SymphonicFire said:

Edited!

Not sure about what you meant there. I used the template, but it automatically aligned it to the left. Does it need to be centered?

Oh, yeah, just center it, hehe~!

Then go right ahead and respond to the RP thread whenever you're ready!

The link to it is at the end of the original post or you can just go to Crossovers and it should be one of the first threads there :) 

8 minutes ago, Kahoot said:

Oh, yeah, just center it, hehe~!

Then go right ahead and respond to the RP thread whenever you're ready!

The link to it is at the end of the original post or you can just go to Crossovers and it should be one of the first threads there :) 

Should I already be in class or should I be late?

Archived