Official Discussion Thread - S08E03 The Maud Couple

17mh2aw.png

In this episode, Pinkie Pie's super-best-friend-sister bond with Maud is challenged when Maud gets a boyfriend that Pinkie can't stand.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk!

I enjoyed this one.

Spoiler

I wonder if they tried to get Jim Parsons to do the voice of Maud's boyfriend,  Mudbriar as they sound a tad alike. He was actually voiced by another VA.

Little bits.

I always love seeing the RAGE in Bonbon's eyes when someone tries to mess with her gal. This has happened before when Pinkie messed with Lyra. PURE RAGE

We get to see the other Pie sisters...I have a feeling Limestone smokes at least two packs a day. I was expecting to see her rush off to check out this new boyfriend of Maud's..But instead she revealed her wisdom.

Sticks & Stones.

Never get tired of Maud's smile.

Oh look at that, more Maud. Which is good because she's pure joy to watch.

Spoiler

Funnily enough this one felt a reversal of both 'A Friend in Deed' and 'Maud Pie' in many ways. Thankfully the aesop of this one was more clear and sensible than that of former of the two  (Which amounts to 'Anyone can be you friend if you pester them long enough.' I guess?:?).

I like how it presented the Maud and Mudbriar as so similar and yet having a clear differences. We shall see if they dethrone Shining and Cadance as the show's best couple....if 'Briar will appear even again that is.

Also "Briar is apparently Sherlock. Huh, good to know.

Archived