Photographer and the Beast (Open)

Kahoot

Ponyville was known very well for holding all sorts of characters, although, the usual beast that managed to scurry around aimlessly ever so often slipped through the cracks and appeared like magic. Sioux wasn't a very welcomed mare, very well known for her trickeries and weird shenanigans that always linked up to her horrible doings. Most would look up to someone who is confident and brave, although, Sioux uses her traits for anything but good - Resulting in the opposite of admiration for her.

The real question is, did she care?

Absolutely not.

Sioux believed that friends were useless, the Elements of Harmony are garbage, and that Equestria should fall before her hooves and bow-

Ahem, anyways... The point is, Sioux uses the motto, "Treat others the way you want to be treated" in a literal way, those who treat her like garbage received garbage... Those who treat her with kindness... Receive less garbage. This includes her only best friend, Platinum Flash. The young stallion was oddly different as well, not holding the same masculinity of most stallions but none the less getting on with his usual life. Platinum was fairly close to the beastly mare, whenever he was in town he would be spotted trailing somewhere near her or trying to whip up a conversation with her.

The Photographer and the Beast.

Quite the unlikely duo but none the less entertaining to watch whenever Sioux had enough of his babbling and eventually would scream in her shrieky voice about nonsense, if they wanted, they could probably become filthy rich off of comedy acts... Once again, they had their minds set on other things.

Spring has finally sprung, the usual freezing cold weather growing to be more chilly and welcoming, although, with Spring brought heavy rays of Sun and Sioux + Sun = EXTREME SUNBURN TO THE POINT FLESH MIGHT MELT. Sioux's coat was incredibly sensitive to the Sun, as well as her mane which can very well fry upon contact to critical heat from Sun rays, hence the fact she usually wore a cloak and held a large black umbrella atop her head; just like usual, had a lanky young stallion hot on her trail ready to "annoy" her once again. Platinum Flash would be in town for the next week before traveling like usual, something the two Bittersweet Friends had in common. Although, Sioux's pride would never allow her to travel with HIM.  

"Sioux, Sioux, Sioux-"

"WHAT?!"

"Turn around."

She turns and is immediately met with a blind flash, sending her nearly toppling over as her eyes burned, "IDIOT."

As usual, the two- Well, Sioux was arguing none stop as Platinum cries over how picture perfect the unique mare was. Unfortunately, they failed to realize the attention they were drawing as well as how obnoxiously loud they were, although, most pony-folk do not hold the guts to confront them... Well, confront Sioux, afraid her shark-like teeth might latch onto them or the rumors of her being a cannibal are true. Stories really do travel fast, although, if it means no one will bother Sioux, she is all for it. Ponies of Ponyville always dread whenever the two are accompanying one another, they always drive away customers and visitors... Are louder than necessary, only causing critical migraines, and absolutely have no manners when it comes to common courtesy-

Well, Sioux doesn't.

Most of Ponyville did seem to be upon a self imposed sit in to avoid the two it seemed, though there were a few shops open here and there the strangest thing was that the bookstore owned by a certain stallion appeared shut, and even stranger, appeared to have been shut for a while. Meanwhile across Equestria nearer Manehattan, Coltson was running, his saddlebag weighted down with an item that was being magically disabled as he ran, he tripped in the strange ruins, starting to slide down a slope, nearly vertical he looked down, seeing the slope did just become a cliff. Pulling up all his courage he charges up a portal spell, jumping forwards as his enemies closed in, he passes through the portal, travelling surprisingly quickly.

Back in Ponyville, in front of the two odd friends it seemed space was tearing open, a swirling portal appearing in front of them, of course only one of them would be able to see it, but the sound was there. It sounded... almost like a voice... shouting... "Geronimo!" came through ahead of the suited pony's launch out of the portal, slamming into the ground in front of the two ponies as the portal shuts behind him, an arrow landing next to him, he shudders "Well that was close." he stands up, shaking his head with a wince "That one took a lot out of me." he turns around, smiling as he sees the ponies "Sioux, good to see you again; thought you moved shop."

Platinum Flash briefly pulls his attention away from the violent mare, still holding her off with his hooves while looking in the direction of the noise. His jaw drops, brow knitted together, and eyes showing deep concern as he watches the strange tear in the world which eventually birthed a stallion. He let out a shriek, obviously disturbed by the scene until he realized it was a portal, Sioux, who finally stopped swinging her only free hoof, jumped at his feminine noise as well as the loud "GERONIMO" that suddenly filled her ears.

"First,  WHAT IMBECILE PLANNED TO SNEAK AN ATTACK ONE ME?!" Obviously, she was referring to Coltson, not yet knowing it was him and thought it might be some random pony not knowing their place on the hierarchy scale inside of Sioux's mind, "Second, you scream like a mare when a new fashion line comes out."

Platinum sulks at the insult, sometimes he couldn't stand the way he sounds or looks, but Sioux was the only one who never judged his appearance... One, because she is blind... And second, because she never judges others on appearance, typically because she doesn't like her appearance being judged herself - Odd isn't it? A mare who can take any insult except for when it's about her appearance.

"First, no one planned to sneak an attack on you... And if they did, your trusty Platinum Flash is here to protect-"

"Filth."

Platinum inhales sharply, sucking in the tears that threatened to escape at her insult, "Second, it's the bookstore stallion you seem to be fond of."

Upon the friendly introduction, Sioux beamed, her sharp teeth glistening slightly, "Ah! Is it who I believe it is? That fine stallion from the bookstore, Coltson?" She says in her usual cheerful tone,  seeming to regard Platinum's explanation just moments before. Her moods doing a complete turn, Platinum takes notice and sulks even more at the fact she never treats him with such open hooves. Platinum wasn't one to get jealous unless it came to Sioux, anyone with common sense could see he was head over hooves for the horrible mare, "Moved shop? Oh no, simply traveling, ponies here are BORING."

Coltson laughs, adjusting his somehow pristine jacket as he checks the bag at his side, a bright light bursting out of it. He nods happily, turning to Platinum with a smile "Fond of eh? Well that's a nice suggestion but most likely false. Anyway if you could focus your attention on me for a second, I just need to wipe the last thirty seconds from your memory. Sioux, usual agreement, the spell doesn't work on you, so no telling him what happened. This is like the third time I'm having to do this to the kid." he says, his horn igniting as he charges up the spell. "Ah yeah I getcha, they can be rather boring, but it's useful for my line of work of course. Just got another trinket actually, had to test out a portal spell I've been working on to get out of there, but it worked mostly so that's all good." he grins, the spell nearing the point where he could use it "There we go Platinum, just keep focusing on me."

Platinum scowled slightly, gritting his jaw, "Oh, she is very fond of you if she acts this bubbly..." He rubs his shoulder where she had bit him that morning for sneaking up on him, his eyes showing just how empty he felt right now knowing Sioux treated him so cruelly... Although, the fact that she did attempt to comfort him at times did push their bittersweet friendship to continue forward.

Sioux bounces in place with excitement, "I won't tell, I'll keep my lips shut~!" She mimics a zipper sound, dragging her hoof across her lips and holding them in a straight line as if it was actually zipped shut, "Mmmph mmm mmph."  She continues with her charade before letting out a small chuckle, turning to face Platinum as his memory will be erased soon.

Platinum grunts at the mention of his memory being erased, but allows things to happen none the less, he never did have a say in anything. He keeps his focus on Coltson, "I'm glad I won't remember seeing a grown stallion being birthed from a hole in the universe, it was disturbing..."

"So Coltson, what have ya been up to recently aside from being birthed from the universe?"

"Everypony is fond of me. I'm lovely." he says as the spell starts to charge up to full power, the spell taking a lot more energy to erase smaller bits of time as it took focus on what bits you wanted to remove from the target. "Attagirl, Sioux. I knew you would, you do this every time for me after all, guess that provisional with the agency was warranted." he chuckles, rolling his eyes at Platinum's comment "Well it's an image that your filthy mind conjured up after all, for anypony else it would have just looked like a pony jumping through a window." he looks back to Sioux "Oh you know, the usual, finding dangerous artifacts, locking them up in my basement and oh, saved the world a few times, did some time travel, that was fun, and I think I got everything back on track, though if continuity seems flawed, leave it to settle a bit." then the spell flashed, wiping the conversation from Platinum's memory as Coltson says the replacement memory "You were enjoying a walk with Sioux, taking photos of her and I've just wandered up from my shop to chat to Sioux about her day."

"Sounds fun, not saving the world, though..." She scowls, "The world is scum." She says through her teeth, turning to Platinum as the image he most likely imaged flashed in her mind, she lets out a disgusted groan, "Platinum, I knew you were weird but... EW." She sticks out her tongue, one can only wonder how her teeth don't tear right through the delicate flesh.

Platinum's usually pale yellow cheeks turned as red as Sioux's eyes, "It wasn't intentional, I swear." His voice rising several octaves as embarrassment replaces his temporarily monotone atmosphere. Platinum truly was a great match for Sioux, both odd and rather unique in their own ways - You can only wonder why they hold such a bittersweet relationship, mostly bitter... Like sugarless and milkless coffee.

Upon his memories being replaced, his glossy baby blues eyes open and shut a few times, confusion evident on his face as he looks around, "I feel like I've been zoned out for the past sixty years." He says, staring at Sioux  a moment and then Coltson, "Oh, you're here." His words held disappointment, although, not in a way to insult Coltson... He was disappointed because Sioux's attention will all be focused on the stallion and he'd be forced to watch the two converse like normal ponies, something Sioux and Platinum couldn't do.

"Coltson, are ya doing anything right now? If not, you should hang out with us~! We got cake and junk food and now... Now..." She turns to Platinum and leans close to his ear, "What are we doing again?" She whispers.

"I was supposed to be your guinea pig for a potion."

"RIGHT! You wanna watch me fail miserably and possibly melt the flesh off of Platinum Flash~?"

"Eh the world is alright once you get to know it, and once it gets to know you." he says as he adjusts his shades, smiling that soft inviting smile that could charm a Griffon. He chuckles at Sioux's reaction "I know right? I mean who looks at a portal like that?" he relaxes a bit more, Sioux having that effect on him. Platinum's response only made him laugh a little more "Hey, even if it wasn't you could have not vocalized it." 

"That's a strange thought." Coltson comments after Platinum's memory wipe, taking mild enjoyment at doing that spell, especially since Platinum seemed like the type of pony who would be dangerous if he knew too much; photographers were normally the enemy of all secret agents. "Yes I am here, thanks for noticing, I also have a rather cool name you could try using; I'm not the cat's father after all." he looks over to Sioux, his horn lighting up as his bag teleports away from him "Not right now, no. I suppose I can hang out for a bit. Haven't had a rewarding break in a long while. Although I'm not sure about junk food; I have to watch my figure after all, not everyone is blessed with slimness like you." he jokes with a smile, liking the mare's company, somepony who knew his little secret, and one of the few contacts he trusted outside of the agency. "Potions eh? Sure why not? I hope you are remembering to make the opposite potion to the one you want to make, yes?"

Sioux waddled back and forth in excitement, "Great, great... I did remember but..." She looks at platinum and grins, "I don't know, melting his flesh does sound-"

"I WILL LEAVE RIGHT NOW." Platinum interrupts, his eyes wide and scooting away from her, "DO NOT."

Sioux chuckles, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding... Anyways, let us skedaddle to my humble home in the middle of my humble town, on this not so humble planet." She says, already walking, although, Platinum had to quickly aim her in the right direction before she hobbled into a flower stand, "Onwards!"

Platinum follows not too far behind, every so often reaching out and ushering her in the right direction, "Have you ever considered getting a walking stick? I won't always be around to-"

"I do not need help, but a WACKING stick sounds great, thank you."

Platinum simply gave up, letting out a groan. It seemed she often took his words out of context or simply enjoyed teasing him, something she's done with others as well but receives the most reactions out of him. The two finally seemed to settle down, not squealing at each other, no violent Sioux, everything peaceful...

"Hey, Coltson... Have any potions in mind? I'm trying to figure out a way to turn Platinum into a frog." She was obviously joking, but the disturbed look on the jumpy young stallion's face only reminded everyone that he really didn't know how to take her words anymore... Jokes or real? No one could tell with Sioux.

Archived