Jitter bug [Open]

Switchback

The sun was beaming down upon Ponyville, showing the town in all its glory from the shadows cast by the charming thatched buildings to the reflected beams of light from the titanic crystal tree that was the home of the Princess of Friendship, however another building was now influencing the light, positioned on the other side of the lake that sat next to Twilight's castle was the School of Friendship, a charming building that took inspiration both from the quaint townhouses, and the bold colours and spires of the castle it shared a lake with. The school was bustling with activity as it always was on a school day when classes were starting to wrap up. Within the school, one of the more unique students was quickly walking towards the exit, not quite happy with being caught up in the crowd, it would be hard to know she was not a pony; she certainly looked like one at current, with yellow fur and a blueish mane with a ladybug cutie mark. However this pony was not as she seemed, for starters she was a changeling, the only changeling attending the school, having been sent there by Thorax to study friendship and it's values as a gesture of good faith to the princess running the school. Once outside again, Ocellus lets her guard down, changing back into her real form, with her teal body and translucent pink mane. She carefully wanders through town, exploring every little detail as she also keeps an eye out for any more book shops.

Ah, Ponyville! Flux always loved this little place, it was so nice and friendly. The inhabitants even more so, for the most part. Plus, Pinkie lived here! She really liked how that mare thought. 

All in all, the currently disguised changeling was super excited as she bounced her way through the town, a wide smile on her face as she greeted everyone she met. That is, until she spotted an unfamiliar face. Unfamiliar race, for that matter. 

The purple ‘unicorn’ bounced her way over to Ocellus excitedly, waving happily before stopping in front of her, still bouncing in place. 

“Hiya! I’m Flux! Who’re you?” She asked, looking her over as she tried to figure out why she looked like that. “What are you, by the way?”

As Ocellus rounded a corner into the marketplace she looks around, smelling the scents of the air with a happy smile; this town was amazing, and so different to the hive back home. She did miss the Feelings Forum and craft time, but she kept herself busy with books and her friends normally. She was getting better with her shyness, in that she didn't immediately shift and run away now, instead cowering a bit or hiding without shifting. That was when the unicorn bounced up to her, happily introducing herself in a manner similar to how Professor Pinkie Pie did, the similarities made Ocellus a bit calmer as she smiles shyly, still standing with a front leg raised and resting on the other one for comfort "I'm Ocellus. I'm a Changeling." she says with her soft and quiet voice.

“Really? I’ve never seen a changeling like you.” Flux tilted her head a bit, looking over the other girl. “Oh well, it’s still great to meet you! It’s always great to make new friends, especially fellow changelings.” She smiled, whispering the last part and waggling her eyebrows. 

"But all Changelings looks like me, ever since Thorax defeated Chrysalis and taught Changelings to accept love into their hearts we've all looked like this." she says, starting to feel a bit nervous when the other Changeling revealed her nature; if this one didn't know what Changelings looked like now then it could mean this one didn't let love into its heart, and that scared the Changeling as she shrinks back slightly "Nice to meet y..you too."

"Huh... Guess I should visit the hive more often..." She said, tapping her chin with a hoof a bit. Well, sounded like she could make lots more friends among the changelings now, so that was great. "Oh well, plenty of time for that later! Wanna have fun? We could go play games or something, and you could even bring your friends!" She chirped happily, bouncing in place again. She wondered why she didn't look like that, but she didn't really care either way, she still had friends to play with and she could still make new ones.

"How long has it been since you were last at the hive... it must have been a long time if you didn't know that we look like this now. It's what happens when a Changeling let's love into their hearts, it means we don't have to feed on it anymore either." she explains, still feeling a bit nervous, but getting more comfortable now that this other Changeling seemed to perhaps be a deserter from Chrysalis' hive. Maybe she could help this one change; it would certainly be an impressive bit of extra-curricular work to tell to Counselor Starlight. When games and fun were proposed she nodded happily "Okay then. But I can't go too far from the School, otherwise my teachers may get worried about where I am."

“Well... I visited once or twice, sometime between when I woke up and before that happened.” She tapped her chin some more before shrugging. “Sounds cool though, good for you guys! So, whatcha wanna play?”

Flux began bouncing around excitedly again, moving in a circle around the other changeling. All in all, she wasn’t sure about this whole new changelings thing, but she had no reason to really doubt her new friend. 

"Well um... I don't know... I was hoping you would have something in mind." She says, sighing "I spent most of my time at the hive doing craft time and reading up on everything outside of it." she admits, thinking "Uhh... how about a race maybe?" she asks, realising she didn't know the area too well she glanced around for structures that would be easy to navigate from and to "From... the castle to... town hall?"

“Okily dokily!” She chirped happily, leading the way to the castle so they could have their race. This was gonna be so much fun! She could hardly wait!

stopping at what could easily be used as a starting line, she beamed excitedly at her friend. “Alright! We can go when this spell goes green!” She said, her horn glowing a bit before a small ball of light came out glowing red. It hovered in midair for a moment before turning yellow, and finally green. 

And with that she was off like a shot. 

Ocellus trots along behind the other changeling, going along to the castle with her, getting ready for the race; she was learning to be more competitive from Smolder so what was once a worrying prospect for her was something she felt a bit calmer about now. 

She watches as the other changeling uses a spell, something that she couldn't do, something for that matter, that she hadn't seen any of the reformed changelings being able to do, maybe some could but out of respect for the unity of the hive refrained from using it. Nonetheless she waits watching the ball as it changed colours, bracing herself, and then it went green. With a flash she transformed into a cheetah and sped off towards the finish location, using all the natural speed of this form to get the most out of it.

Archived