Official Discussion Thread - S08E6 Surf and/or Turf

tacobob

qI2aI0k.jpg

In this episode, the Cutie Mark Crusaders get sent by the Cutie Map to Mount Aris to help a young Hippogriff figure out where he belongs.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk  :unsure:

I really liked this episode.

Spoiler

This is probably the first real Tie-In to the movie. I REALLY like the designs of the hippogriffs. But I get the idea that they are not directly pony/griffon hybrids, but a separate race altogether.

We get to see a very happy Scoots and a frolicking Sweetie Belle.

And also a very Sour Belle.

bFvOeGT.jpg

Twilight is her usual adorkable self.  I just wonder if she actually tried the seafood?

I really like Terramar....At first I thought it was Billy West, but he was VA'ed by an young actor named Cole Howard.

Also Apple Bloom finally gets to tell the TRUE story that the movie lied to us about. It was Applejack who won the war against the Storm King!

Archived