My Little Investigations: Canterlot Edition

My Little Investigations: Canterlot Edition! 

It's not very often that Equestria has crime, but when it does, you'll be certain that it'll draw the attention of investigative ponies! Play detective, play prosecutor, defense, witness, victim, suspect, culprit - anything you'd like, you name it, you can sign up for it here!

Based on My Little Investigationswhich is a blend of My Little Pony & Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, this is the thread for planning of cases to participate in RP for.

- - - - -

Rules:

1. Canon characters and OCs are both welcomed! As OCs will probably be required for there to be any crime to take place, OCs may be offered up for various roles.
  2. Offer up to 2 ponies for roles - this is to ensure that as many people as possible will have the ability to play!
  3. No figuring out the culprit right away - if the case is too perfect and clean-cut, it won't be very fun to investigate, right?
  4. Ponies are allowed to bungle up a catch - in fact, that's the whole premise behind AAI and in fact MLI in the first place!
  5. No super grimdark premises behind crimes - this is Canterlot.com, after all!

Legend - 

Investigative team are the ones who will defend the pony or otherwise who is falsely accused.

Rival team are the ones who will "prosecute" the pony that is falsely accused, trying to get them arrested/tried for a crime they didn't commit.

Witnesses are ponies who will testify or have information about the case in question and have seen it.

Suspect(s) are ponies that are being accused of the crime in question (before the investigative team gets there). The prime suspect is the one who will be accused first or get the most heat in the case.

Victim(s) are ponies who have the crime committed against them.

- - - - -

Current Case:

Need more participants first!

- - - - -

Past Cases

None yet!

- - - - -

Current Case Volunteers (And How to Join): 

When wanting to join, fill out this form:

Character Name:

Character Application Link:

Role: Investigation team, witness(es), rivals, suspect(s), victim(s)

Why that role?

The case will be built around the ponies that are participating in the case. They will be based around the mannerisms of these ponies and what their unique traits would contribute to it.

Investigative Team

N/A

Rival Team

N/A

Suspect(s)

* = Prime suspect

Witness(es)

N/A

Victim(s)

N/A

You may offer case suggestions when you apply!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, this is a cool idea! I loved the MLI xover, especially since I'm a fan of both series xD I could offer my OC up as a witness or possible suspect? She almost never goes on the ground though, thanks to a childhood incident, so I imagine her role could be seeing the crime happen (or possible committing the crime, i suppose) from on her napping cloud?

I think Grim Solace could make either a good suspect or a good witness.  He's an odd pony, often seen doing suspicious things, which could make him work as the former, and then for the latter he's often seen talking to himself from other's perspectives and can get questionable but relevant information from dubious sources.

Looking at roles yet unfilled, the rival team/prosecutors seem to be the biggest one.  I don't have the best characters for that, but I might have a couple that could fit.  Naj has the mindset and the connections to the REA that I could see her being a part of an official investigation.  Just note that she wouldn't be one to try underhanded legal tactics.  She might accidentally pursue the wrong person, but she wouldn't be the type to seek a guilty verdict at all costs.  Nosk meanwhile might be a little convoluted to get there, but he could work.  He could be trying his 'hoof' as a prosecutor (probably with some kind of cover identity), and he's got a mischievous streak that could see him try some underhanded tactics.  I imagine he'd see the whole thing as yet another very dangerous game.

(Also I know that's more than two, my thinking is that I offer up extra for options and then we can figure out who among them is the best fit and set aside the rest.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I could play a char in this, not sure if she would be a witness or investigative team, probably a little of both, so...

Character Name: Raven Shadowfire

Character Application Link: Here ya go

Role: Investigation team/witness

Why that role?

Raven would probably start off by being a witness, but once involved would try to push things a bit, she can get kinda, well, intensely focused on something that she views as being wrong, and not in a good way. She has the best of intentions, just isn't always ready to see, or even try to get the big picture...

Archived