Sign in to follow this  
dragonofruin

Schemes for a King

King Sombra

No Place for the Wicked - For Sombra, being in Equestria is a new experience and the modern day is as confusing as it can be for a being who is, essentially, displaced from his own time. Someone as distinctive looking as him in a land of friendly, colorful ponies is bound to stick out like a sore hoof! Whether he's recognized or not, he's likely to run into quite a few ponies to interact with, with possibilities both good and sour. [Shadow Scribe, Midnight Oil, Raven Shadowfire, Chesster Pierce; closed]

Friendship? What's That? - Bitterness and past betrayal has left Sombra skeptical about the legitimacy of friendship. Although he initially scoffs and rolls his eyes over the mere concept, there is a chance that he may attempt to give it a chance- the world has changed from what he knew, after all. Knowing Sombra, there'll be a lot of hoof-dragging and bribery involved. Additionally, if he were to find somepony who he can relate to on similar experiences, somepony he can connect with, may make it much easier! [Princess Celestia, Raven Shadowfire; still open]

Confrontation - Be it a crystal pony, someone who's dealt with him before, or just some pony who knows who he is- someone brave enough that wishes to try to confront the arrogant king for what he had done can certainly do so. As Sombra wishes to avoid anypony of importance finding out he has risen again and now roams Equestria, he cannot react as he normally would. How will the situation go? [Chesster Pierce; still open]

To Love a Monster - It may become apparent Sombra's heart isn't so black as many might think when he comes to develop feelings for somepony; somepony who he's gotten to know, and who has bothered to truly get to know him past the evil tyrant facade he's put up. Though he is flawed and arrogant, the feelings he has for another may finally be what encourages him to change himself for the better. Alternatively, perhaps Sombra will simply end up having a few, cute flings. [Closed]

Other, small goals/possibilities - becoming self maintained with others' help, finding a roof over his head, getting access to a store of knowledge so that he might learn more about Equestria as a whole, assisting others with odd jobs for his own gain, etc. [closed]

__

These are about all I can think of so far for possible plots with Sombra! I'm open to talk about any plots with him, and I'll happily help others' out with their plots too, which includes offering up Sombra to play some sort of needed role~. Don't be afraid to ask! I'm eager to get into roleplaying Sombra actively with anyone for any reason.

One idea I thought of we could try was that Shadowscribe ends up taking Sombra under his roof, without knowing who he is. Oh, and Shadowscribe starts to learn some of his abilities perhaps, and also starts to teach Sombra about modern Equestria if you are up for it. Another more farfetched idea was our Sombras meeting, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. 

Oooh, those both sound like pretty neat ideas! I'd totally be up for it c:

I've gotten to rp my Sombra with a friend of mine's AU one once, that was the only time I'd done that before. So I think it'd be pretty entertaining to see how that goes with ours. xD But I'd be up for Sombra meeting your character Shadowscribe~ It'd be a good start.

Can you set up the thread? Also, expect Shadow to flip out, and try to capture Sombra and drag him to Princess Twilight - as he is a friend of hers. 

If your still looking, I know a certain bat pony guard who may be up for some interaction.

Oh oops! Almost forgot. I'll start one soon O:

I'm 'Mal' in the canterlot discord, so if you ever need to contact me quickly you'll be able to poke me on there~

Hey Dragon, I think it would be interesting to try either the home or friendship one with my char, if your still up for them

Yay!  Do you want to start it? I could try, but not gonna lie, would be my first to on here, and on top of that I've never been good at setting tone for a story, lol.

Sure thing, I could definitely start it. c:

Just a few questions before I do~ like what location? Do you want me to make the rp open (for others to join) or invite-only? (i'm honestly okay with whatever option you wanna go with O: ) annd, like day/night?

It would be Canterlot or Canterlot-adjacent, I would prefer for now to keep it semi private, so invite or application would be best, and it would probably be easiest for Raven and Sombre to meet would be at night.

Gonna boop this thread up too since I'm still open for rps with my favorite boy~