Bug eyed [Open]

Switchback

Ocellus was not a naturally brave changeling, but she was a friendly changeling, and to her that was well enough to start working on her shy personality. She was wondering around the streets of Ponyville, keeping near the School of Friendship so she didn't get lost in the winding streets. Currently she was relaxing near Sugar Cube Corner, just sat down on a bench in her changeling form, enjoying the warmth of the day, a few books open on the bench with her that she flicks through, enjoying the tales and stories that pony books had to offer. Her translucent pink 'mane' let the light shine through it, casting a few little pink beams of light on the bench in front of her as she reads, her similarly translucent wings flapping every so often to keep a cool breeze around her.

• 3 weeks later...

((When you're supposed to be doing work, but you reply to a post from 19 days ago instead. ))

For Zipporwhill, any day without school was a good day for her. It wasn't that she hated learning, but it was more that she felt that she already learnt everything that she needed to, that any time in school was just dragging her away from her passion, animals; more specificially, domestic animals. Sure some wild animals were probably cute and kind deep down when you got to know them, but she was more in it for the explicitly cute ones, like her own dog Ripley. Any time in school could be used caring for pets, or apprenticing for Doctor Fauna... she would have to ask about that.

She was walking along, about to pop in for her almost daily visit to the animal shelter (Sick days sucked) when she noticed a creature she had never met before. It was a Changeling. She knew this because she didn't live under a rock, she knew that changelings were reformed and that there was a changeling in Ponyville now. She was going to ignore the changeling when Ripley wandered off on his own will towards them. Well, that changed that plan. She followed him over to the creature. "Ripley, don't just wander off like that." 

Ripley wandered over to the new creature that he had never seen before. It was brightly coloured so there was no way it could be dangerous right? Wandering right in front of it, he stared for a moment, before letting off two barks. Maybe it could understand him like his Mistress? 

Ocellus was currently in a book induced reading coma, her nose stuck so far between the pages that she wouldn't realise anything was coming until it was already there; though that was one side effect of being a Changeling now; there were very few threats that were outright dangers to a Changeling, plus with her efforts to counter her nervous nature she had found reading as her ultimate getaway. It was her way of relaxing and shutting out the world for short periods of time, as well as brushing up on lesson material. It was due to this calm reading nature that Ripley was able to sneak up on Ocellus, the bark making her jump with a little "Eep!" as she promptly transformed into her pony form for safety before looking down at Ripley, gasping happily as her form then switched to a turquoise coloured dog with a pink collar, laughing happily as she trots up to the dog, letting out a few barks to let Ripley know that she was friendly.

Ripley stared at the creature for a moment having witnessed its transformations. What kind of creature has the ability to change form so easily, It must be dangerous right? He heard the creature let off two barks, which he could not understand through its terrible pronunciation. If it wasn't for the fact that his mistress wasn't freaking out then he would have probably marked the creature as dangerous. 

Seeing Ripley's confusion, Zipporwhill let off a giggle. "I don't think your barks were very convincing there," She informed the dog changeling. "I've seen you around a couple of times before but I've never met you before. I'm Zipporwhill and this is Ripley. Don't worry, he's nice. Although I think you already knew that."

Ripley turned his head towards Zipporwhill as if he was asking for more directions. "Go ahead Ripley, changelings are nice now," Zipporwhill persuaded her companion. "Well, you are nice right? I mean, you'd have to, otherwise, you wouldn't be allowed here." 

Archived