Official Discussion Thread - S08E12 Marks for Effort

nLKgWpj.png

In this episode, the Cutie Mark Crusaders try to convince Twilight Sparkle to let them into the School of Friendship, even though it's clear they've already mastered the curriculum.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk!

I'm calling it..

Spoiler

Cozy Glow is Queen Chrysalis:

1. This scene:

fS0HJtC.png

2. She acts like an adult who had never encountered a kid in her life...Instead she saw lots of Shirley Temple movies (Or whatever pony version they had)

3. Cozy Glow...The Queen glows.

4. Is her CM a Queen Chess piece? I don't follow chess. And I'm too lazy to look it up.

Spoiler

Not likely ...

1.  Chryssi's tell is the occassional glowing green eyes.  Like when she mimicked Cadence.

2.  I'd assume her drones have mimicked kids before  (IIRC, in one of the alternate timelines, in the jungle, one of the kids was a changeling)

And she has what ?  A few hundred kids of her own (presuming all changelings are her offspring, she'd have to raise a few by herself before she had some caretakers of a useful age).

3.  Sometimes.

4.  From what I've read, Cozy Glow's CM is a rook chess piece.  The second most powerful piece.  Which would be a clue that something is up - how does one get 'Cozy Glow' from a chess piece ?

Spoiler

1. Yeah, but she can keep her eyes 'normal' when she needs to be.

2. But her kids sure don't act like pony kids.

3. Cozy could be one of the Queen's trusted minions...

We shall see as the next episode is the mid-season finale.

Archived