Introduction!

Purple

Introduction

Howdy everypony I would like to introduce myself for I am Purple I've been a brony since Year 8 and well I finished Year 12 last year so I've been one for quite some time. I got into the fandom thanks to some guys at my highschool who recommended it and I thought heck why not? Since then I've been a pretty active brony especially on Garrysmods Pony Servers in which I used to be quite a well known member of the community. I found this site out of curiosity as I wanted to make some new friends and roleplay a bit something I've missed since my old Gmod days also my personal favourite character from MLP has to be Starswirl The Bearded he's Merlin as a pony it doesn't get more epic then that! However let me unload some information about the type of person I am if I may and if you are interested in reading more then read on

About Myself

So to begin with I'm a gamer obviously but not just of video games but tabletop, cards you name it I've probably played it. I'm also a huge Star Wars, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Magic The Gathering the list goes on but I'm a fan of most Fantasy/Sci-Fi universes out there as I am a complete and utter lore freak and I mean lore freak I love world building so much. 

I'm also quite the creator when it comes to writing as stated above I love world building so I build my own fantasy worlds with every single tiny detail, name, character as important and world building allows me and my friends to Roleplay or run DnD style campaigns in them! 

However here is a negative about myself and that is I can be political so if you want to avoid politics just ask me to not talk about it as I get passionate sometimes and I understand not wanting to care for politics but I am also quite the debater not just for politics but a lot of things generally I enjoy it when people challenge my thinking and a civilised manner even if sometimes I don't abide by these rules. 

Now let me quickly add in a positive and that being I am super honest, kind, loving and super open to criticism I will often ask people for their opinions on my OCs, worlds etc.  All so I can write and improve them all! 

Thank you for reading all of this I hope you have a good day and enjoyed the reading!                                                                                                                                                                                         ~Purple

Welcome to Canterlot.com!

I am Kahoot :D 

I am more than positive you will enjoy your stay, to start off of course... You should probably read the site guidelines and protocols of RP before getting started. The rules are easy to follow and simply a way to allow everyone to have fun. Now, anypony is allowed to post a thread in the Free For All section without making a character application... This is where things may seem a bit confusing, but do not fret! A character application is basically a description of your OC or a character you would like to use in the World of Equestriaforum. In fact, they're not at all hard to make, here is a guide on how to make one and here is an example of one (As you can see in the comments of my thread, a Senior RP Staff or Moderator put an approval message, this is when you know you're all set for RP fun in the WoE section). As you can see, under your profile image it says "Member", once it says "RP Certified" like under my profile image, that is when you know you're set and ready to RP in the WoE section as well. Also! It may take a day or two for you to become RP Certified, for me, it took a bit longer and if you've been waiting a while, don't hesitate to contact staff... They're really nice and helpful!

Free For All- You do not need an approved application or be RP Certified, your OC can be anything you like... From an alicorn to some weird hybrid of a monster... It's all up to you!

World of Equestria- Your character has to be more realistic, here are some examples of animals your OC may be... Staff may ask for you to change a few things before they can approve it. If you want to use a pony or animal from the actual MLP show itself, you will also need to make an application for them... Here is a list of cast members from the show!

Crossovers- Want your pony in a video game, anime, show? Look no further! For here is where your pony can live in Narnia, maybe even the land of Ooo? Anything!

Multiverse- Basically a place for Alternate Universe's.

Out of Character Discussion- Now, they're two of these... One for the Free For All forum and one for WoE forum. Here, you can plan out your RP's, it's a great tool if there is more than you and another pony!

Don't forget to title for RP's with Open (If you're still welcoming more players), Closed (If you're no longer welcoming anyone else), Ask to Join (If someone would like to join, this title tells them to contact you for permission), or Sign up in OOC (This directs an interested pony to go to your thread in the Out of Character section to sign up... This basically means they will provide a description of the OC or character they would like to use... This is good for long-term RP's with a lot of players)

Now I know, this may seem really complicated but it isn't once you get the hang of it! I went through this process myself and now everything is going by like a piece of cake :D 

Already have OCs? You will need to make an application for them if you would like to use them in WoE as I stated above, although, you can freely use them in the Free For All forum without them being approved.

If you still feel lost about a certain forum, there is a description in small letters underneath the title!

You can make a character log to hold all your OC's and playable cast members, here is an example. Character sheets are the Free For All version of a character application, here is an example.

Hopefully, I cleared up most things... If you're still lost, simply ask for help! I am more than happy to help a fellow member out :)

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Purple said:

I'm also a huge Star Wars, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Magic The Gathering the list goes on but I'm a fan of most Fantasy/Sci-Fi universes out there as I am a complete and utter lore freak and I mean lore freak I love world building so much. 

Man, are you my brother ?

Except for Magic (never liked it, don't get me wrong. I like however the arts), you named all my interests too.

I would love to hear some of your lore stuff, even of yours and your worlds. 

As my username suggest, I crave for Lore (thanks Dark Souls...)

Archived