Royal Reasoning Regular Meeting (closed - invite only)

BeGoneThots

Whatever Luna's intent was with her words... well, it really wasn't worth bringing up again.  The conversation had moved on, and whatever unintentional hurt had been done wouldn't be made better by the dedication of more oxygen.

Especially not when there were much more fun things to spend said oxygen upon!  Bluebelle did nothing to hide her laughter at Cadence's antics, blue eyes glinting at the overeagerness on display.  She was no less keen to hear Twilight's tale herself, naturally, but had a little more restraint upon her mannerisms.  Listening closely, she cataloged in her mind all the information the Princess of Friendship was sharing.  *So, into stallions... attracted to a fellow mage, with the spice of danger about him!  Exciting...*  Being in foreign affairs, Bluebelle had a certain knowledge of just how dangerous a Kastroti unicorn could be.  It was a necessity, given the rather unharmonious environment they had to deal with.

She pursed her lips at Twily's dilemma, but was not hesitant in stating forth her own opinion.  "I don't think these sorts of things are ever safe, really.  Opening up to anypony drastically increases the potential for awkwardness and heartbreak in both of your lives, with who knows what cascading effects?  It's an adventure, and you can't know before you start out where you're going to end up.  certainly didn't; my own relationship with Star has put me in situations I never thought I could handle before.  But I don't regret it, ultimately, however complicated my life has become.

"As for the danger in the work... I mean, I'm in love with my honor guard, who also moonlights in E.P.I.C.  We could both be used as leverage on each other, I suppose, but we both have the same understanding of our respective duties, both to each other and to Equestria.  I think as long as you have that in common, any increase in danger is offset by you having each other's back when the chips or down."  Of course, there was also the possibility that one of them might have to be sacrificed in a longer game.  That was always the price of being involved in noble or royal affairs, but guards and nobles who had any sense of duty instilled in them at all would understand that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Princess Luna had done her best to respond to Cadance, but with the shift to a new subject, she hardly had time to consider who might succeed Celestia should anything happen to her sister. Would it fall to her? To somepony else like Twilight? It didn't seem possible that anypony else could be trusted to rule Equestria, save Cadance, and the Princess of Love already had her own kingdom to lead.

Even Luna couldn't follow how quickly Cadance had moved the moment Twilight revealed she had a relationship problem, and the dark alicorn could do nothing more than blink and eye the pink princess questioningly, and with a little worry. It was so sudden, but for a Princess of Love, the topic would always be one of interest. For herself.. she wasn't sure what advice she could offer on relationships. She had never had one, and might never have one. There had never been a pony to catch her eye, let alone anypony who could live as long as she- a view that she unknowingly shared with Celestia.

"I suppose it depends on what sort of dangerous work he does, and how pursuing a relationship would affect it," Princess Luna began. "I cannot offer any solid relationship advice, having no experience with such a thing myself, but.. I do know one thing I can impart: talk to him. Be honest with him, express how you feel when you find the time to, when neither of you are busy. Perhaps once it's out in the open you both can decide where you wish to go with it." A small, halfhearted shrug followed her answer, showing some of her uncertainty. A glance was cast Celestia's way to see what her sister might think. Celestia had been unusually silent, but.. something did seem to be bothering her sister. Luna resolved to ask about it later, after the meeting.

A curious glance was cast over the table at Bluebelle, idly listening to what the unicorn had to say about the situation herself. Bluebelle had a point. She sounded like she knew well enough to give better advice than Luna could have, but the alicorn kept it to herself. As long as she was around the others, there wouldn't be much more of a reason for her to talk beyond answering a question directed at her. There was no point if they didn't really understand.

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: rolling right along now!! Just going to push this into being done before it gets abandoned totally!! Clearing the board and such!)

"Quite right indeed Luna. Quite right indeed," Celestia said softly. She spoke nothing more of it, merely looking to her sister with a 'lets wrap this up' look upon her face. Her violet eyes were full of thought, and she had that look on her face she got when she wanted to talk to Luna more privately. "I think the meeting was well enough. Let us adjure it and move to more light discussions. As well I have other matters that need resolving by the end of the day." Stacking her notes, Celestia set them aside and quietly sipped her tea. She wanted to make sure everyone had said whatever it was they wanted to bring up before she walked out of the study. 

She needed to compile her notes, make copies for the archives, the school, regimental leaders, battalion commanders, local newspapers, as well as plan a trip to the outer reaches of Equestria to see these smaller villages for herself. If they had declared independence some time ago, she would in fact, honor it. However if they wished to rejoin Equestria, she would also offer help and protection as best as there was available to provide for them. It was a rather out of the way region. And then there was that contempt in Bluebelle's voice at mention of such a place. That needed to be dealt with as soon as possible and likely harshly. That was the sole reason Celestia had not invited her to this particular meeting, and it only proved itself from the moment she walked in the door. 

Aside from that, there was still what her sister wanted to discuss with her. Personal matters and likely grievances that were still festering. As well there was likely new things to add to that list. Celestia admitted to herself she had not been the best sister. Even with Luna's return, she had still overlooked her frequently and found herself failing to notice when her sister needed something or wanted to speak until Luna had to make a formal request for time. Tia chided herself internally, scowling at her tea cup as she curled a lip. A look rarely seen on her face, smoldering anger danced in her eyes as she set the cup down and muttered about needing to be a better princess. 

Archived