Aliv's planning thread (always looking)

So, this threads for planning of rps with my characters. Right now, there's Raven Shadowfire, and Ruby Bloodworth.

Raven's a female unicorn who thoroughly enjoys peace, but is ready and able to defend those around her. She's graceful and kind hearted, and is an avid student of magic.

Plot ideas involving Raven

• A new friend: Raven is wondering Canterlot when she bumps into a unfamiliar pony. She decides it might be fun to hang with this pony and help them out.
  • Adventures in camping: Raven used to travel with her parents, staying in areas that weren't entirely safe, and wishes to do so again. Maybe it's a wilderness retreat, or just her acting as a guide to some ponies wanting to get closer to nature.
  • A study in thaumaturgy: Due to the unique way Raven casts, she's always looking for new spells and longs to have that student/teacher relationship, though she also enjoys teaching others as well.
  • Romantic rendezvous: Raven's mostly been alone for awhile, and longs to meet others, to feel a deeper and personal connection to somepony else. She finds her eyes drawn to other mares though, sorry stallions...

Ruby's an Areion who loves to party, and is always ready to lay down some beats for others to get moving to. 

• Unfamiliar surroundings: While Ruby stays in Canterlot, she does travel trying to get her music heard. Maybe she might come to your town?
  • Romantic atmosphere: Ruby's never been much for having deep connections, but lately has found mares on the dance floor catching her eye, wondering what they are like, who they are... She wonders if maybe it would be better to try to settle down with one of them.
  • A stranger's hoof: Ruby is fascinated by the other tribes of ponies, having been kept mostly in her own kind till she left home. While not completely without awareness of the other tribes, she does find it easier to make friends with them... Who knows, maybe it might even be another Areion who she befriends.
  • A mare, a table, a record: Ruby's goals right now are to get gigs to get known, and one day possibly make it big in the music scene, even if it's only as a live performer. One day she meets somepony who can help her with that...

If you guys have any other ideas, let me know. I can also tweak these if you want to do a variant on them.

Hey!  I've been following Raven's thread with Sombra, and noticed you planned on pleading Sombra's case to the Crystal Empire.  Bellosh, our Cadence Player, is kind of on vacation at the moment, and has a lot of standing RP commitments, but Shining Armor, who I play, could receive the petition if you like!

I myself have this one character that I am waiting to have an excuse of using since...well forever.

Despite both being aeirions there are both differences and character overlaps that would make interactions interesting.

The only issue is, that Snappy is Manehattanitte true and trough, while Ruby is from the 'lot.

@PrinceBlueblood it might be a bit, like half a week or so, but will definitely remember to let you know. The whole Crystal Empire arc will probably be kicked off by Raven sending a letter to the Princess, though Shining can always intercept it. Btw, attitude wise, how's your Shining? Is he the type to be over-protective, and leap to gathering arms quickly, or is he more patient? I'm just curious because I actually plan on Raven going back to training, and reawakening her more... intense side, and I can easily see her and Shining butting heads about the whole Sombra thing.

@Ciraxis That's fine that she's in Manehatten, Ruby after all travels to try to get her music out there, so it makes sense for her to be in the city that never sleeps, trying to get to play at one of the night clubs (party palaces... other ways of saying night clubs). What kinda plot do you want to do, just bump and become friends, or ...?

My Shining?  I play him as a good strategist and tactical thinker, though with a few blind spots in his perception. He won't lose his temper, but he'll set a pretty high burden of proof. Sombra didn't traumatize him like Chrysalis, so personal issues won't come into it so much, but he is sensitive to the trauma of his new citizens. After all, it wasn't 1000 years ago for them; but all in living memory. 

3 hours ago, Alivda said:

That's fine that she's in Manehatten, Ruby after all travels to try to get her music out there, so it makes sense for her to be in the city that never sleeps, trying to get to play at one of the night clubs (party palaces... other ways of saying night clubs). What kinda plot do you want to do, just bump and become friends, or ...?

I would be fine with either to be honest. Mind you, Snappy have very clear idea what kind of romantic relationship she wants, NO COMPROMISES. Unless Ruby would feel the same way (or is open enough to change her views on the subject as time goes) Snapshot wouldn't even attempt to go. She burned herself few times too many and isn't ready going through another heartbreak.

Either way, Snapshot is more wise and experienced then her age would suggest. Due to being very well traveled and having large family she may have a few pointers that would help Ruby get her dream job.

As for the setting, Snapshot isn't a party animal she used to be in her university days, but she still visits clubs for a few drinks and to dance a little. So yeah, I can envision both of them meeting at some party.

So, Snapshot wants a three person herd... Ruby probably would be open to it, as long as it is all mares, she likes the touch of softer things.

Sounds like we got a basis, though also sounds like we need someone else or at least a third character...

Uhhh I guess I was not precise enough. Snappy wishes to emulate the relationship her parents have, and not just in number. Seeing that Ruby doesn't swing both ways like Snapshot does, I don't think this is going to work.

That said, it doesn't stop them from becoming friends I guess. Bats have to stick together!

Ah, tbh, I only skimmed your char profile, lol. I have a tendency to prefer to learn about the other chars in char, you know?

Sounds good, and I can even see Ruby making things awkward by hitting on Snapshot only for Snapshot to shoot her down. Wanna make the thread, or? I mean, I kinda already know what Ruby's gonna do at first.

Edit: @PrinceBlueblood I've got Raven sending a letter to the Crystal Empire, so if you want to respond to it, feel free. Planning on having a slight time skip of say a week or so for reasons, including Raven training by herself in Martial techniques.

K, me and Dragon are waiting with bated breath. Yes, bated, not baited, I prefer most fish cooked, not raw, though sushi is good...

Not pointing anything out or anything, just putting out a psa... ever since I learned the difference, it's bugged me in stories when people use baited...

I would be interested in possibly doing an Ice/Raven thread at some point. Kind of a get to know each other thread, since Raven will be working under Ice with STAR, once things progress a little bit more in that plot line. There are some things that are set in motion for STAR to gain a little bit with a few of my other threads. I wish to get more ponies involved in the plot threads at some point though.

@IceStorm Sounds awesome! Raven would definitely be interested in the orbs that Ice has, once she got over the whole "Ice is my CO, can't relax around her, have to prove myself" thing she has going right now, which a one on one with Ice would go a long way to fixing.

@PrinceBlueblood Dragon said something like he would lurk around the thread, but probably wouldn't join unless we involved him directly, which makes sense, considering Sombra in the crystal Empire is just so a bad idea... 

That being said, if Dragon wants, I would be open to one of his other chars hanging there.

I can work with that. I've had some deep seated roots in the crystal empire. It's where her desire to protect originated from. Will likely be tomorrow night before I can start anything tho. Currently sending this from my phone.

Archived