Twilight Sparkle NEEDS You To Join The TWILIGHT GUARD!

BaxOiVd.jpg

Princess Twilight Sparkle is looking for creatures small and large who are willing to defend Ponyville! She is not just looking for those who can march around in armor and look really good doing so, she also wants creatures with smarts! Creatures who are brave! Creatures who are willing to put everything on the line to keep the citizens of Ponyville safe!

Those who sign up here will be on her list in the RP. Please give us a good reason why your character would want to join. It would make sense for your character to be a citizen of Ponyville, but that's not mandatory. But you'd probably want to move here once you join.

Coffee, Tea and sweets from Sugar Cube Corner will be served. See Captain Fire Walker or Princess Twilight at the 'Castle Of Friendship' for more information!

ipfulxN.png

All are welcome to apply. The final decision will come down to Captain Fire Walker, whose job it is to see if the applicants can make not only just fine Royal Guards, but fit the unique qualifications of the Twilight Guard!

Wow, a Changeling would be VERY useful for the guard.

Pyro..ehhh.....he's pretty handy with his fire magic...But they want to protect Ponyville. Not burn it down. Maybe the character you're working on would work. A nice brainy guy. He could talk nerd with Twilight. yah nerds. :kissy:

And tests. For some reason. I picture Fire reading this in a dull, monotone voice. Twenty Taco-Points if you get the reference:

Question 6: Old Mare Abernathy has locked herself in her quarters again, and you've been ordered to get her out. How do you proceed?

Question 7: Oh, no! You've been exposed to poison joke, and a mutated horn has grown out of your snout! What's the best course of treatment?

Looking out for a few more players.

Name: Flash Sentry

Reason for Joining: Flash Sentry has had a chip on his shoulder ever since WRAITH kidnapped and brainwashed the guard to act as an accomplice in the Crystal Faire attack. Since then and the trial that followed, PFC Sentry's REA career has ground to a halt as he has found himself sidelined and relegated to paper-pusher duties. The Twilight Guard may be Flash's last chance to prove himself before his enlistment term expires. 

2 hours ago, tacobob said:

Pyro..ehhh.....he's pretty handy with his fire magic...But they want to protect Ponyville. Not burn it down. Maybe the character you're working on would work. A nice brainy guy. He could talk nerd with Twilight. yah nerds. :kissy:

Hey now, just don’t make him angry and that won’t be a problem! ;3

I mean, the whole point of being in that school was to get control of it, so it would make sense that moving on means he’s got that control now. Or at least more of it. 

As for the other one, not sure when that’ll actually happen, but they’ll probably be a good fit with Twi, true. 

Name:  Sergeant Bonfire

Reason for Joining:  Despite his gruff exterior, Bonfire enjoys training and mentoring young guards.  The formation of a new branch of Royal Guards seems the ideal opportunity for this.  His own mistrust of Princess Luna has faded, and he no longer feels a need to remain in Canterlot to watch her.  In addition, he feels a need to... sharpen his own skills.  Too many times the Royal Guard has been... inadequate when it came to threats against the Princesses.  With the strangeness that seems to center around Ponyville, it seems a good place for that.

Spoiler

Real reason:  I need motivation to get back into RP again...

Tranquility, Placidity.

Reason: Ponies aren't predators. It's not in their nature to fight on purpose. But it is necessary for the protection of their land to do so. A lot of unintended psychotic effects can come out of serving in the military especially in a place so close to the EverFree Forest. The twins aim to remedy that. They're not physically adept, but their magic can sure make up for it.

Spoiler

Real reason: They're based in Ponyville anyway.

Sugar Malt would love to be part of this technically one of my ocs royal guard but who needs that anyway since the comic was cancelled

She's already an official member of the guards and moving to Ponyville wouldn't be an issue :D 

Name: Raven Shadowfire

Reason for joining: Raven always wanted to join the REA, and was even trained for it by her mother, a former REA captain. She was... discouraged from joining due to her damaged horn, but figures that she would be able to get in on the ground floor. She truly wishes to help keep Equestria safe.

On the GOAT, she put down pick the lock on question 6, and for question 7 she put down large quantities of anti-mutagens, though if there was an option for experiment to see if it gave an advantage, she would probably pick that one...

Heh I guess I will have Squall be involved in the Guard a little (Jeez I wonder why?:shifty:).

Probably not to the point of official membership, but he can sure help with funding and resources.

I like the characters listed so far...Experienced officers...and non-military who can still be of great use to the guard.....Will have to ask certain player questions....

Applicant: Applejack
Reason: She is a dear friend of Twilight and a deep lover of Ponyville, and is willing to defend it. She has always respected the REA and the Guard and with the Twilight Guard being local she thinks it is proper for her to try and give it a go and be all she can be. With Apple Bloom growing older and doing more at Sweet Apple Acres, the family's success allowing them to get some good farmhooves, and Zap Apple old enough for her not to feel obligated to keep an eye on him 24/7, she feels she has the time, too. Plus the daycare package is to die for.

I would be interested in joining up with:

Rapid Fire

Reason would be that he has served his term with the guard and is looking for something else to be involved with that suits his lifestyle of military service. Might also be trying to get over a past relationship. 

• 2 weeks later...

If the list is still open... I'd like to join with:

Roan Quake

A few reasons being that his parents plan on taking residence in Ponyville and are likely to be in danger, he has peculiar abilities that might help in the war effort...

and because there was free food.

Before I forget, I probably should mention this guy of mine.....

Name: General Pummel

Position: Commanding Officer of the 6th Special Operations Group, ‘Force Suntrot’

Connection to Twi Guard: He won't be officially assigned to the Twilight Guard per say, but Gen. Pummel has a strong professional relationship with Princess Twilight. He'll be available to provide counsel to the Princess and Capt. Walker as needed, plus he can oversee the administrative, operational and logistical needs of this new unit.

I believe Fire is still rather scared of Pummel. Which is silly for an adult...But I believe she saw him when she was a filly (We established that Fire's father Brass Hat is an friend/colleague/lodge brother, etc with the good General) and he made a face at her...and it just HORRIFIED her. She usually tries her best to avoid the guy.

Working out a list of 'Yeps' with Steel. Sorry for the delay. RL once again. :wail:

• 3 weeks later...

So far, we're taking:

Flash Sentry
Sergeant Bonfire
Rapid Fire
Raven Shadowfire
Placidity
Applejack

Started the topic at

Please make sure to put in your post...What type of muffin did your character take if they took one...And considering where Fire got those muffins from, anything is possible.

Spoiler

unless it's illegal.

As an FYI- if your character wasn't chosen, don't fret. Depending on how this goes we do plan on growing it, and we wanted certain types of ponies in the first batch. We liked all the applicants tbh and I have some fun ideas for the future with them. :D

Archived