A Sticky Situation Steel Eagle/Closed

Dashman562

Boulder Dash hummed a popular tune as he walked through Ponyville with a ladder strapped acrossed his back and a tool box in his saddle bag.  The summer humidty was w a slight relif from the heavens rain storms that had plauged Equestria the past week, evident as he wiped his mane with a red handkerchief.  While for farmers like himself and the Apple family the rain was a must, for some ponies it had not been so good.  Rumors abound had told him some ponies in his home town had suffered some rain damage or mild flooding in their homes.

Feeling bad for ho friends and neighbors Boulder Dash had offered his services to any pony in need wether for roof repair or dranining a flooded basement, he had been there for a town that had been his home for so long.  As such he was still a bit surprised when he received a letter from Rarity of all ponies asking him to come to the Carosaul Boutique to repair her roof which had sprung a leak.  Presuming she had remembered him from the debutante ball she had hosted recently, he had quickly found time to aid the Element of Generosity and was on his way as quickly as his hooves could carry him.

The Boutique was was soon in his sight, and the large country stallion approached the door, set the ladder down on the grass, and knocked on it three times with his hoof.  "Miss. Rarity?  It's Boulder Dash Ma'am.  I came as soon as I got your letter" he called out as he entered the famed fashion shop.  Not one for fashion himself, he nonetheless took a moment to look at her latest designs as he ponder a gift for his mother's upcoming birthday.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity was having great luck with her summer show. It all came down to the fact that she had felt particularly inspired before the season started and came up with what she thought was a rather smashing series of designs. Her coltwear line in particular was fantastic. It had been the weakest part of her collection of course, in need of some honest pizzazz. Between a series of excellent designs and help from some friends, it had proven to be very successful. She was pleased to report that from Manehattana nd Canterlot to Manehattan and Baltimare, it had worked out very well. She even got an offer to design the uniforms for an elite academy. How prestigious! Those uniforms tended to stay in service for years. Years! Passing fashions, these were not. It demanded some of her finest attention to detail and for the life of her she didn't know if she had done a good enough job.

Well, that was a lie. She had a feeling she would have known, given time. Or even a few more minutes. But she had not had a perfect summer, as the evidence told her. She had simply left her office to use the little filly's room when she heard a loud crash. Well...not a loud crash. More like a single crack, audible as it was. She had finished quickly and galloped back to her office. Her roof had cracked a little, just a little, and the water was now dripping on her blueprints. After her brain broke momentarily she recovered them and inspected the damage. And by inspect, she meant bemoan the cruel twist of fate. After she had taken the ice cream and eaten half of it, she decided it needed to be fixed.

She had sent a letter to Boulder Dash, knowing that there was nopony in town better for it. Indeed, the problem was simple. She hadn't had the time to maintain much outside of the show room, meaning this was only the first of a few structural issues she would have to take care of. Thankfully nopont was hurt, the damage was just in her office, and the designs she had been working on weren't too damaged. Only two pints of ice cream and one tear-ruined face. In time, Boulder Dash arrived and the door opened, a distraught but recovering Rarity polishing off her ice cream and banishing the sniffles. “Ah, Boulder Dash! Just the stallion I need!”

Boulder Dash looked up as the white coated mare came up to him, her mane a bit disheveled and her mascara having run a bit.  Despite that she was still a beautiful mare that could make any stallion do a double take causing Boulder to blush a bit when she said he was the stallion she needed.  Still he composed him self properly and tipped his hat to her and bowed his head in greeting.

"Happy to be of service Ma'am.  You don't be worrying yer purdy head about nothing no more.  Now, what's all the hubbaloo about yer office having a leak?" he asked as he followed Rarity into her office carrying his tool box.

He sat the tool box down and took out a few select tools including a hammer and nails, a wrench, some plaster, and one of his favorite tools; a powerful and strong glue that he had purchased on a trip out west at a farmers market.  He been there to sell some of the family produce and while there he ran into a pair of red maned twin unicorn brothers who were selling the adhesive as a fix all.  Through haggling, mostly by the one with a mustache, Boulder was convinced to buy the glue and so far it had been a cure all for most repairs around the farm.

Setting the adhesive down, he smiled as he looked back at Rarity, quietly admiring her beauty as he let her show him the issue in her office.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity would normally have appreciated the blushing from a stallion, It was false that she was set out to enrapture every stallion in a thousand hoof radius, but it was always a little bit flattering...and sometimes very useful. She wouldn't deny that her skills in the flirtatious arts came in on more than one occasion as a life saver. But he was in no mood to dabble in such things today, her mood already darkened by the perseverance of fate's cruelty in the light of her progress. Too bad; Boulder Dash was a bit of a hunk, the strong-muscled and well-toned sort of stallion she would normally delight in fawning over her, even if briefly.

No matter that. They had the dreadful reality of what was transpiring to deal with. “Follow me,” She said as she started leading him up to the second floor of the Boutique. “I was working on some new designs for a job I've been contracted for when it happened. The job is rather interesting; uniforms for a prestigious academy in Manehattan. Oh, what a great sign that is! While the clothes themselves aren't all that intriguing, it is the signal it sends. They only contact some of the most well-thought-of designers in the world for such designs, to ensure that they give only the best to their students. And so that was what I was doing. My best! Then, just as it was all coming together...”

She opened the door, revealing the damage. The roof damaged, a small leak, her desk wet. The trauma. “Then this happened, right on top of my blueprints! Luckily I was able to save them before any long-lasting damage could occur but...” she dramatically fainted on Boulder Dash, left hoof at an angle near her head, “such damage, such a cruel twist of fate to happen right on top of my work-creativity desk!”

Boulder Dash watched as Rarity showed him the damage and he began thinking about how he would fix it when he saw Rarity faint infront of him.  Gasping, he reached out with his hoofs and caught Rarity before he began fanning her with his farmers hat.

"Miss. Rarity don't you worry none!  I won't let ya down!" he said as he led her over to a nearby sofa and set her down gently.  He then went over and grabbed his ladder and tools.  

"Rarity I promise to be quiet as a mouse.  You just git back to yer designs and yer work, and I will see to it this here leak don't bother you again.  I give my word of honor on that" Boulder Dash said as he set up the ladder and climbed up it.

Carrying his tool kit and the adhesive, he set it down on the top of the step and the first thing he did was carefully popped the ceiling tile off.  He then examined the water damage and saw where the leak had come from.  Nodding approvingly he set to work first drying out the water damage before sealing off the hole, not wanting any mold or musk to form.

Working as he did he wasn't aware of a pair of eyes watching him from above the ceiling with an annoyed look in it's features as to this intruder into its current home.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity always appreciated when a stallion understood well what to do with a mare in the middle of a breakdown. You help her out to her nearest fainting couch and allow her to get her ice cream and work materials and work through the chaos and heartache of whatever event had put her into this most distressing of positions. He did that exactly, though her perhaps didn't know her well enough to know it wasn't that big of a deal. She was happy enough to be put on the couch in any circumstance, “thank you, Boulder. This is just what I need to recover from this dreadful experience,” she said with a bit of a chirp to her voice. As he went to work so would she, on a decidedly less physically intensive task, but one of great vitality and mental energy. She had to finish the design!

So, bottom two legs crossed and one of them lightly bouncing off the couch as she laid out across it, she went to work. She checked the design to make sure no lasting damage had come to it, that her creative vision had not been stifled by the cruelty of fate. Luckily the damage was purely cosmetic and would in no way impugn her efforts! As he went to work, so did she, humming to herself lightly as she did so. No doubt she could trust the fine stallion to get his work done efficiently. But what about her design? It was full of the inspiration she normally wanted her clothing to brim with but had a certain subtle nature to it. The academy would be very pleased, she believed, an overwhelming amount of excellent for their students. “Hmm, not my finest work ever,” she muttered nonetheless. It still lacked something. Small, perhaps. But something was bugging her. “Good enough for them, perhaps. But I know I can do better,” she said to nopony in particular.

“Oh, how are you doing, Mr. Dash?”

Boulder Dash had cleaned out most of the water and had finally found the leak itself.  Checking it he nodded approvingly as he grabbed his adhesive and unscrewed the lid on the cap.  Smiling he heard Rarity call out to him as he took a small amount and used a brush to dab the leak with a seal.

"Almost done Rarity Ma'am.  Just gotta let that that glue hold and seal the ceiling patch" he explained as he set the brush down and leaned up to blow a bit on the new seal. 

As he did Boulder Dash unknowingly stuck his right front hoof into the glue.  The sticky feeling caused him to look down a moment and grumble at his own klutziness, and started to look for a rag to clean up with before the glue hardened.  Because of that he never saw the perturbed and annoyed white cat creeping up on him from a book shelf.

It was bad enough that Boulder Dash intruded in her home, but making changes and exposing water was too much for Opalescent.  The annoyed cat jumped with a loud meow and glomped onto Boulder Dash's head with her claws, causing the big Stallion to Yelp and shriek in shock.

"Ow! No! Quit It You Cotton tailed varmit!" Boulder Dash screamed as he swung, leaned, and flailed about on the later.  Opalescent leapt off his face and hissed again as the ladder gave way sending Boulder Dash face first to the floor.  The last thing he saw before hearing a loud thud was Rarity's couch, and said Mare closing in on him.

"Look out Rarity!" he shouted as he landed with a bang, too little too late. 

Awakening a few moments later Boulder Dash opened his eyes, not feeling to worse for wear.  As he tried to pick himself up he felt his hoof gripping something soft, and squishy like a Marshmallow.  Looking over his face went beat red as he realized that what he had a hold of was Rarity's flank, just at her jewled cutie mark.  Acting quickly he tried to pull his hoof away, but found that he couldn't.  Rather the more he pulled, the closer Rarity's petite back side got to his face.

"Oh No!  Oh Celestia have mercy!" he said as he realized just where his glue covered hoof had landed.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity wasn't a prude, not by any stretch of the imagination. Quite the contrary as a matter of fact! She actually enjoyed herself a bit of excited flirtation when done in the proper manner, with the proper feelings behind it. Casual flirtation was one of her favorite go-to strategies for initiating friendly correspondence with certain stallions as it was well understood that the platonic nature of it didn't stop her or them from having a little bit of friendly talk. It was nice. She enjoyed it. They really enjoyed it.It was harmless in the end and everypony seemed to have their fun. Rarity was very much not a prude. But she still had certain standards and while she had been too engrossed in her work to see what had happened or why, she certainly felt what happened.

In a flash of activity that she wasn't much a fan of, she felt Boulder's hoof go to her flank. That was awkward enough. He hadn't been flirting or asking her out on a date or generally involving himself in such a manner as to earn this. She was deeply offended, especially when he started tugging on her! ”My word, Boulder. This is beyond rude and it isn't how you treat a lady!” she said, amazed at how bold and, yes, rude this was. She would demand he give her some sort of discount for this flagrant abuse of the trust she gave him as a guest in her house and place of business. And maybe a dinner, because she could feel a little bit of hunger starting to come in. No reason not to try, at least.

She then tried to move away, nearly jumping off the couch to regain her dramatic posture. Only one problem. As she did so, Boulder came with her. He smacked into the armrest on the couch and then flopped to the ground. It was at this point she realized that he was stuck on her and she did the one thing she could think to do.

Scream and run.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!” She said, galloping around in a mix of embarrassment, confusion, and fear with more than enough strength to send Boulder flailing about behind her...apparently glued to her!

Boulder Dash gulped in embarrassment as Rarity addressed him, a deep crimson blush creeping into his face.  His mother had always taught him to be a gentlecolt, to treat Mares with nothing more the respect.  Wether they were the Princesses themselves or the lowest of low's he treated all of them with respect.  As such he was beyond embarrassed when he realized what had happened to his glued covered hoof.

"Miss. Rarity..... Ma'am please don't be offended when I say my hoof is in the last place I would want it.  But the truth is I can't remove it.  I would never try too do this" he said but was cit off by Rarity's scream.  As a farmer he had tamed more then enough bulls on the farm, but what happened next stunned Boulder Dash.

For a unicorn, Rarity had surprised him as with her strength as she took off screaming and running around her Botique.  Boulder Dash gasped and grunted as she flailed about sending him crashing into various fabrics, mannequins, and even his ladder as he tried to make sense of what was happening.  "Whoa! Miss. Rarity! Whoa!" he cried as he struggled with the screaming mare.

He finally slammed his hooves down and wound up with Rarity's tail and back side in his face.  Gasping and trying to avoid an embarrassing situation he looked at Rarity and said, "Now Rarity I think we are in a sticky situation here.  Let's you and I take a deep breath and figure this out.  I can't read the glue from where I am back here, but does it say anything about fixing this?" he asked as he held out the glue can.

On the can was an image of two twin red maned unicorns that read, "Flim and Flam's Cement glue adhesive.  Will glue anything to everything.  Product of Discord Industries." An image of a smiling Draconiquis at the lower left of the can finished the picture.

8XeOsHy.png

It took Rarity a good ten seconds to actually look at the adhesive. The end of the little excitement they had just been involved in had sent the stallion into her flank at a speed most unbecoming of a stallion. It was everything she could do to not continue screaming bloody murder at the poor colt. It wasn't his fault- probably anyway, what a great excuse to be so rude- and he had done nothing to indicate he was anything other than an honest sort. Still, she was beyond mortified and then her mind ran through all the possibilities. HER POOR FLANK! Glue could damage it. Depending on what it was made up of it could permanently damage the fur and the pelt. She had always taken great pride in her form and, yes, that included her rear. She would always shine from the inside out but that didn't mean she had suddenly become immune to such terrors overnight.

She would recover and read it. Flim and Flam made glue? She shouldn't be nearly as shocked as she was. It was just like those snake oil salesman to create a product that functioned as advertised but not as intended. And was that Discord? She couldn't tell if it was Discord or a poorly drawn variant of Discord. It would be just like them to not care about portraying some...quis?...against his will. Or maybe it was Discord. This seemed like the sort of tomfoolery he would be party to. She took a deep breath and twisted the can around to get a better view of the instructions. It was a bunch of garbage and boilerplate nonsense as usual. Then she got to the end, about what to do if you made a mistake and glued-

“AHHHHHHHHH!” She screamed once more, dropping the glue on the ground. Such despair! “What a horrific tragedy! It says that there is no way to remove it except magical aid...probably because they mixed it with some cheap swill from the Everfree, no doubt. Boulder Dash! You buy this garbage for your business?!” Rarity asked angrily, though it was entirely unwarranted and misdirected. Boulder just happened to be there.

Boulder Dash cringed a bit from Rarity's tounge lashing, but decided he deserved it.  He could blame his bad luck or the infernal cat that had jumped on his head starting  all this, but he knew doing so would only make Rarity angrier.  No this was his fault and he would have to make it up to her.  His honor depended on it.

"I bought it at a Farmers Market not 7 months ago, they said it was safe and secure plus it hadn't let me down yet.  Why you know those two? he asked curiously.  

Suddenly a realization hit Boulder Dash like a punch in the "stones." A tale Applejack and Applebloom had told him over a joint family dinner at Sweet Apple Acres of a pair of charlatans who had tried to swindle the family farm out from under the Apple family.  He furrowed his brow and glared at the jar as he realized the truth; the same pair that had tried to swindle the Apples had conned him.

"Those two timing back stabbing no good sons of weasels!  When I see em again, I'm a gonna tan both der hides and drop um in a boiler making glue outta of Dem!" he shouted as angry steam shot from his nostrils like a steam engine.

Recomposing himself he quickly took a breath and looked at Rarity sincerely.  "Rarity I swears on my family name I will make this up to you by all my power, but first we needs to figure a way outta dis.  Now as a Unicorn, you know any spells to free us?" he asked.

8XeOsHy.png

Well good. She couldn't see it on his face but she could hear it ion his voice that he knew he had been making a series of foolish decisions that led him to this moment. She thought he might blame her poor Opal for all of this but he had a good head on his shoulders. Knew better than to make such silly statements if he had been somewhat foolish in his earlier decisions. She had to remind herself to not be so hard on him. Those two had fooled many ponies across Equestria time and time again. They had a certain...charm about them, a je ne sais quoi that was hard to pin down. No doubt their sales pitch would be pitch-perfect no matter the product they hawked on any given day. Boulder Dash, the poor dear, was just one in a very long line of ponies to etch the names of those charlatans down as foes.

He swore up and down that he would do whatever was necessary to make it up to her. Well, with such an indignity thrust upon her she would hope so! It may have been a minor accident all things considered but the social consequences could be steep and drastic. No doubt he would do what he could. It was incumbent on Rarity to give him the time to do so. And, yes, the space. Which was the problem. No space. Very embarrassing. It was hard for her to wrap her head around the necessary events of the next hour or so, but that was why cider and vodka existed- to obliterate such terrible events from memory. “Hmm, spells...I think not. The only spells I know of that could help are useful on cloth alone. I don't know how they would interact with physical bodies, but I don't imagine it would go very well for either one of us,” she sighed, “Twilight, on the other hoof, may have something...”

Boulder Dash nodded in agreement with Rarity.  In his time in Ponyville and at sea he had met a variety of Unicorns.  All with an equal variety of magic and skills.  The idea of trying to separate from Rarity using her traditional way of separating fabric didn't appeal to him and gulped in nervousness of the thought of an angry Rarity coming after him with a pair of shears similar to that old Horror film.....what was it?  "Equestrian Psycho?" Did not appeal to him.

He nodded in agreement with Rarity when she mentioned Twilight's help.  If anyone could help them it was the Princess of Friendship....there was just one issue he could see with the plan.  

"Umm Rarity, I agrees with your idea and all but...Twilight is on the other side of town.  How's does we git thar without anypony seeing us and asking questions?" he asked.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity sighed. She figured she would have to get Twilight involved but she realized in good order that it was the only way. And that meant they had to cross town. Oh, what she would give to know how to teleport! That would solve almost everything. Alas, nothing could be done to solve that singular dilemma. This one, the one in front of her, was more important. And infinitely more embarrassing than a failed teleport...probably. She had to make sure that whatever they did was something that they could try and pass off as not being...untoward. She didn't want ponies to be spreading gossip about her...especially gossip she didn't like, at that.

“This is an issue, no doubt. Hmm...” she looked around, wracking her brain for ideas to satisfy the problem at hoof. What could she drape over him? Over her? A tarp could be nice but she didn't think that would go over well. Outfit after outfit perished in her mind, the endless deluge beat against the rocks. Fantasy was dashed by reality as she thought about all the possibilities. Eventually she had to make peace with the fact that they would look ridiculous no matter what. Once she did that, the options opened up. Let it never be said she allowed herself to be defeated by the slings and arrows of venomous fate!

“Well, this will be quite silly, but it is all I have,” she said, rubbing the back of her neck. “We have a dragon...disguise, I guess we can call it...that I can modify a bit. It is too tall so we'd need a third normally. But you can stay back there and we can walk,” she said, her voice betraying a lack of confidence. Nonetheless, she led the seven-legged mutant pony that was them up the stairs slowly and into the rooms of storage she had. In them was the costume they had first used to follow Spike on his journey ages ago. “Ahh, there we go. It shouldn't take long, Boulder Dash.”

Boulder Dash quriked an eye brow curiously at Rarity's idea.  While not the most ridiculous he could have heard it still was a bit off.  Considering the circumstances they found themselves in he supposed it was actually the normal response.  As such he followed up after Rarity willing walking at her place.

Still as she brought the costume out he couldn't help but look shocked by it.  Nightmare Night was only about a month away so Ponies walking around in costumes early wouldn't be too unusual but still he prayed he didn't run into any pony he knew well....he didn't think him it Rarity could live this down.  

"Well Rarity cause of da size difference I suppose I could take up most slack on this thing....but I hope yer good at directing.  Don't think I'll be seeing a bull in a pig pen in dis here thing" he said.

Sure enough as he felt the cloth cover him and Rarity he saw he only could see cloth and of course Rarity's soft flank in his face.  Trying to keep his blush under control he shut his eyes for a moment to keep any dirty thoughts out of his head and asked, "How you want to do dis?  Walk straight through town like an every day bruh ha ha or take a more stealth route?"

• 4 weeks later...

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity nodded, though it was more of an affirmation than anything visually perceptible. After all, it was hard to do much of anything in the costume and she wasn't about to strain herself in such a situation. He was right that she would need to be a navigator of some great skill to ensure they didn't have an accident. A mare of her caliber would not only be humiliated internationally but the gossip- oh Celestia, the gossip! It would dominate her social life for an unearthly amount of time. The damage to her reputation would be catastrophic. As she slotted herself into the costume and ensured that he was comfortable where he was- after all, she wanted her rear to look good whether it was technically hers or not- she took a deep breath. “Okay, Boulder. Everything else being equal we should be capable of getting to the castle in good time. We'll take it...slow, I suppose, so navigating shouldn't be too hard,” she said with more hope than confidence.

She lacked both right now.

After a few more moments she started to gingerly lead the dragon-pair downstairs. She would announce each step in time for Boulder to make the proper move. It was hard making speed judgments with seven legs instead of four or eight but she was being conservative and cautious. In good time they made their way to the main floor of the boutique, Rarity trying to ensure that no matter what they weren't going to fall down. The bottom was at best rudimentary and while some light might not cast too much of a pall upon them should they remain upright, to fall would mean instant failure for the both of them. “How are you holding up, Boulder?” She asked as she reached the door. “We're about to head outside. Do you really believe you're capable of this?”

Boulder Dash sighed as he and Rarity took it slowly at first.  He was grateful for her understandingbin the matter but truthfully found it akward walking with three hoofs instead of four.  Still he listened as she directed him through the shop, walking when and where she said to.  He figured once they got down stairs and out of the shop it would be a simple straight shot to Twilight's Castle.  Soon he sensed they were almost outside when she called out if he was ready for the walk of his life.

"Guess I'm ready as I'll ever be Rarity" he answered.  Of course how do you plan for something such as being stuck to the flank of one the prettiest mares in Ponyville?  That though crossed his mind as he felt the two of them walk out into town.  The sun peering down on the costume seemed to give Boulder a silhouette version of the town.

He could make out buildings but not so much shapes as they moved stealthily through the town or as stealthily as two ponies in a dragon costume could move.  As they moved he could make out voices nearby, random and unrecognizable, but from what he could make out they were near or passing Sugar Cube Corner.  At that moment the Fates cursed him again.

Rarity's tail twitched for some reason and obviously her tail happened to be under his nose.  As such he felt a familiar sensation that soon led to a sputtering noise followed by a loud sneeze.  Fortunately he knew enough to turn his head so as not to sneeze right on Rarity, nor did he sneeze hard enough to blow up the costume which stayed in place.  But it was certainly loud enough for any pony nearby to hear the familiar noise come from Rarity's back side.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity nodded and started leading the seven-legged creature out of the shop and into the town. The hustle and bustle of the small town was nothing compared to the intensity of the cities she had spent so much time in but today it felt different. She could almost feel anonymous and safe in the big city, one amongst the many when she wanted to be but capable of being the brightest star on every sidewalk she walked down. In a small town, she was always a mare of distinction or wished she was. Except for now. Now she wanted to be anonymous, but it was an impossibility with her in a dragon costume. Anypony could see it. Everypony would see it. They were seeing it. She kept a smile p[plastered on her face as she walked forward, desperately wanting nothing traumatic to happen. Well, nothing additionally traumatic. Ponies looked at her with confusion, some gentle laughter, but mostly confusion. After a time though she dared to believe all would be well.

Having such hope was her first fatal error. As they were making their way down the street a powerful sneeze erupted from her erstwhile companion, shattering the illusion of serenity she labored under. More heads turned, including a pink one from inside Sugarcube Corner. “Rarity, was that you?” Pinkie Pie asked in a tone that told Rarity that she wasn't believing that just yet. “And why are you in that old costume? Oooh, are we sneaking into the dragon lands? Who do you have coming with you? Can I come? I wanna come!” She asked as she pronked over. Rarity's mind shut down momentarily but then she shook it in a panic.

“No! No. I mean, no, I'm fine. Uhh, fine. Mister Boulder Dash was helping me move this costume to Twilight's...storage...in the castle. Yes, the storage in the castle! And he has been such a wonderful help! Mister Boulder Dash, please make sure the very fragile costume doesn't move any more. We wouldn't want anything to damage it!”

Boulder Dash cursed the Fates and wondered who he had angered in a past life as the familiar giggle and bouncing shade of pink that was the Element of Laughter addressed him and Rarity.  Though he figured it could of been worse, as Pinkie Pie was known to keep secrets better then Rainbow Dash; that Pegasus kept a secret like a cow with stomach flu kept a movement.  Yet he knew it would be beyond akwarde if she happened to notice he was only on three kegs and poked her head under the costume to see why.  Thankfully Rarity was able to come up with a quick explanation and he went with it.

"Oh eh Yes Miss. Rarity Ma'am, I swears to be very careful.  Good day Pinkie Pie, I would great ya proper but my hoof is in a sling due to an ornary bull back on da ranch.  Can't be too careful nowadays" he explained hoping the Pink Mare would buy the little fib.  Though he knew Pinkie could keep a secret he also knew explaining the situation would take time and effort he was lacking now....as was Rarity.

• 1 month later...

8XeOsHy.png

Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes. She was not an easily misled mare, after all! She had a keen eye for details that was often, well more like always, used to plan parties and make ponies happy. She loved it! But it also meant that it was very very hard to lie to her. Rarity smiled wide and with great falsity, and Boulder wasn't great at it either. She narrowed her eyes. Rarity's smile wavered. She narrowed her eyes some more..."Oki doki loki!" she said, bursting with brightness as she started to hop and hum away. In due time she was gone, and the world grew quieter. Rarity breathed a sigh of relief and wiped her brow.

"That was too close, but we're good. Let's get to it some more, Boulder. We shant tarry a second more!" Rarity said as she started to trudge forward. The stares, gentle laughter, but mostly confusion that drifted around her never ceased to arouse her self-indignation. How rude of them to do so! Do they know nothing of proper manners? Alas, she shouldn't be too rough on them. She was making for a rather hysterical sight. If only she didn't know the true nature of this outrageous incident, then she too might find the image amusing. Hopefully after all of this was done and settled they could share some tea and laugh about it. 

That would be then. This was now.
She led the 'dragon' to the front of the castle, and gave it a firm knock. "How are you back there, Boulder? Everything all right?" She asked, her tone inching beyond normal and into anxiousness but still retaining as much friendly concern as she could muster. She earnestly desired for Boulder to be well, but...it was hard for her to really wrap her mind around anything but the worst possible outcome.

Boulder Dash exhaled as he saw Pinkie Pie bounce off but slight murmurs and even a few chuckles caused him to become annoyed.  He didn't care what people thought of him but he hated the idea of a mare as famous, beautiful and generous as Rarity getting her reputation ruined do to his mix up.  On his honor he swore to make it up to her.

"Coming Miss. Rarity" he said as she moved forward.

Arriving at the Castle of Friendship he heard Rarity knock on the door as he sighed in relief that they had made it.  Now for the hard part.....explaining this to Twilight.  "I'm ok Miss. Rarity.  I'm just a might embarrassed by dis whole thing.  I swear on my Pa's grave that I will make this up to you.  Whatever ya want or whatever ya need it will be yourn I promise" he said just as he heard the Castle door open.

Inside the Castle of Friendship Spike the Dragon, Twilight's number 1 assistant, was sitting at the base of the steps of the grand hall making out a list of the local Nightmare Night festivities.  It was always a big party for Ponyville and he knew Twilight was going to want everything ready.  As such hearing a knock on the door of main entrance perked his interest as he went over and opened the door.

"Huh?" The little dragon stared in shock at the costumed dragon staring back at him.  He at first was confused but soon recognized the eyes looking at him.  "Rarity?  Is that you? Heh um not for nothing but it's a little early to be nightmare nighting...and that costume really isn't your best work.  Whose your partner though?" he asked noticing the three hoofs behind her.

Wait a minute!  Three hoofs!  Uh oh, this wasn't a social call Spike realized as he move aside so they could come in, still not sure what was going on.  "Hey Twilight you might want to come out here!" he called out.

Archived