The Stands! (Open to all Non-Race Characters)

SteelEagle

oedrVXf.png?1

While her friend spent his time overanalyzing his candies, Wind Walker took in the crowd. As the colt would say, 'Holy Socks!' That crazy goggle wearing mare was CHEERING for Discord? Seriously? She wanted to 'boo' back and point out that 'victory was not his only reward', but he instead he was an 'big nerd'. But rudeness was not becoming of her, especially with the princesses all about.

Wind Walker's cheeks turned a slight shade of red as the 'best' princess gave her a pat. "And yes I'm enjoying them....Not as much as Fast Track over there.", after finishing his first piece of candy, the little brown colt pulled out a small bottled water, which he drank from. This was his 'palate cleanser'. He wanted to be ready for the next piece without tasting the previous candy. "Hello Princess Celestia.", he added, "And Princess Twilight and Princess Luna...You should try the Maredagascar Special! It's c'est délicieux”, he made sure to give the 'chef's kiss' by kissing his front right hoof.

The Pegasus pony could not help but roll up her eyes. He was somehow getting geekier since she moved out of Canterlot. She hoped Sweet Cents and her other friends would have turned him into an smooth talking, sassy colt, but instead he was starting to resemble one of his weird uncles.One name caught her attention. 'Bevel'. Her big sister Fire Walker had mentioned that name before......Yes...The older mare traveled to Zebra country with both Bevel and Princess Twilight. The non-princess pony was supposed to be some big-smarty-pants inventor type.

Her attention quickly shifted towards the older kid. The yak. She went to that new school they had just built right next to the castle. While it was super-pretty, they could have at least expanded the Ponyville elementary school! It was TINY! Along with one of the students nearby, there was also a mare that worked there. Starlight Shimmer? Glimmer? Swimmer? The filly heard from a friend who heard from a friend who also heard from a friend that the rather ordinary looking mare blew that pest Discord away with her magic! He obviously didn't die, but he was taught a lesson! If only she could have seen that. Discord being all pesky and she was probably like 'Nuh-Huh, an't no time to be ack'n all cray-cray today!' and then BOOM! With the magic. Sent that big nerd a'packing and probably crying to his mommy.

The filly frowned a bit more as the crazy inventor continued to cheer for the stinky noodle. Of course he could hear her cheers! Guy was  in last place!

"Cheer for Fire Walker!", the helpful pony hoped to give the Yak a proper pony to cheer for. Her big sister was fast and really strong, but she had a bad habit of looking out for everypony. She was probably out not winning the race, but probably found an old lady to help across the street or even had to save a bunny who got a splinter in his paw or needed his carrot cut up in tiny slices. "She's my sister and one of the racers.."
  • Like 2

jRqyrXS.png

Bon Bon made a very convincing argument for how good her bonbons were, implementing the most important parts of any sales pitch - volume, enthusiasm, stating that something is the best and somewhat fuzzy logic that made sense just so long as you didn't think about it too much. Still, it paid to be cautious, and Yona leaned in to inspect the offered treats, going through the motions of at least pretending to be sceptical, squinting her eyes and giving them a sniff. After handing over her last few bits to the salespony, Yona gobbled up the bonbon with such rapidity that any onlooker might wonder whether the yak actually managed to taste the treat at all.

"This..." she paused, herding her thoughts and judgement on the bonbon together, "...good treat. Even though Yona like treats ponies make, this treat is good."

The young yak couldn't quite bring herself to describe it as the best treat, but at least she'd spent enough time around ponies to at least understand that there was a state between best and, well, everything else. Like good. Just as she was about to opine further on what it was, exactly, that didn't make it the best treat, Yona's attention was caught by Princess Twilight and her praise on the volume of her cheering. The little smile on her face from eating the bonbon grew into a wide, happy smile, matching the sense of pride she'd felt at her cheering being acknowledged as great. Which was almost like best.

"Yona is cheering for," again, there was a pause, as she couldn't spot a single yak in the race to cheer for, and school pride meant that she ought to be cheering for someone from the school, but then there was the problem of there being multiple ponies from the school participating. Choosing one over the other wouldn't be right. When Wind Walker offered a suggestion, Yona latched on to the idea and ran with it.

"Cheering for Fire Walker! Fire Walker is, um, Fire Walker is," Yona leaned down a little closer to Wind Walker, though her eyes were fixed on Princess Twilight, her voice going down to something approaching a whisper, "which one Fire Walker? Just so Yona can cheer even better for sister-pony."

• Like 4

Rocky lifted his head and tried to hide the blush creeping into his cheeks.  Amazingly how one pony could cause even the youngest of ponies to melt like butter on biscuits.  Still the reassuring smile Twilight gave him allowed some focus to come into play.  He nodded assuringly to her and pointed to the race board.

"If y'all are betting bits Ma'am I recommend lucky #7.  My big brother a sure fire bet" he said as he followed the three Princesses up to the stand. 

Looking around at the assembled treats and Bonbons placed out, Rocky  scratched his chin and looked at them quizzically.  When it came to tomatoes and farming he knew what was what, but buying sweets to try and share with a pony you had a heart beat for.....well that was a whole different bur in the bull's plot.  As such he looked at Bon Bon and motioned towards her wares.

"What do ya recommend Ma'am that a young Colt could share with a ......eh.....special some pony that he's a little nervous to talk too?" he said scratching his mane nervously.

• Like 1

Valen was super happy to see that he was going to get his own bonbons, yay! He found his way to the bleachers and sat down, making no commotion as he got comfortable. From here one couldn't really see the race but you could hear announcers detailing in fast language the events and could hope to follow it as best as you could from the sound of epic crashes and big cheers on up ahead. For the most part he just comfortable and waited, happy to be here but not all that concerned about the race. It was a beautiful day!

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da

Bon-Bon was full of beautiful delusions. When the honest and fun-sounding little Yak didn't describe her treat as best and merely good, it broke her heart a little. She knew her Yak stuff well enough to know that if it wasn't best, it didn't really matter. Everything was best for a Yak! Her stuff must have been awful. She imagined closing up shop and joining the circus. The Amazing Voice Changing Bon Bon and her Marefriend, the Pony with Hands. They'd make a great team. You know it didn't sound so bad, and it could make them a lot of bits. Maybe they'd appear on stage in Manehattan...luckily, as she was mapping their stage career and eventual redemption in the eyes of society, she noticed the young Yak start to smile wide and blissfully.

Must have been the bonbons!
Bon Bon's Bonbons Best Bonbons, says Bon Bon!

And then came a small avalanche of customers. Delicious, delicious customers. The first were four bags for three Princesses and one baby dragon. That was easy enough! She'd worked with Celestia often enough to know her tastes as well as Twilight and Spike. Luna was a shot in the dark, pun intended, but that just made her bag the most eclectic and varied of the bunch. Scoop scoop scoop scoop bag tie, counter, bits, kaching, repeat! “Here ya go! So Twilight, which one of your friends are you favoring today? Think Applejack is gonna bring home the gold this time or does she add another silver to her shelf? Hope you like your bag, Princess Luna. It has a little of everything! Dark chocolate and sufflee for you, Celestia. Spike, they look like gems. Use your imagination!”

KA-CHING BANK.

Speaking of bank, it looked like Starlight was saying neigh to that whole 'sharing is caring' malarkey and spilling out some more bits for delicious bonbons. Well yeah, that was cool! “One bag for you, sugarpie buttercup!” She said, humming a song to herself as she went about the transaction. Boom, bang, there we go. “Here ya go, for your assistant. What does he help you with, anyway? Isn't he supposed to be modeling or something for Rarity?”

Ask Starlight answered, she allowed her tail to snake the base of Lyra's and gently stroke her lower back. Not lewd in the slightest, just playful, as if to say, “oh, that isn't all you could do...” which she was happy to continue doing for a bit. Eventually though she had to stop if only because she could feel a warm flush and decided it was better to continue MAKING BANK. There was time for making foals later, bow chicka bow wow.

Also because the colt was having filly problems and she needed to get him on track.
“Aww, you have a little crush on a filly, don'tcha? Look at how cute he is, Lyra!” she said, picking him and setting him down in the counter in front of the pair. “They're so precious when they're at this age. First loves are just so awesome! So, we need to get YOU some awesome treats, don't we? Something that is packed full of flavor and lasts for a while, is hard at first but soft in the center- like you! You're rough and tumble but you're full of love and emotion. And when I think of love and emotion, I think of these Seaddle Special Bonbons, available for only a limited time! One bag of these for five bits and she won't be able to say no, product not yet rated!”

• Like 2

image.png

Wow! Lyra could hardly keep up with the rate BonBon was going after the treats! She was even able to recall what each of the royal customers would want! BonBon certainly was talented, and smart, and gorgeous, and...wait a second! No time for day dreaming! She had to keep her head in the game and help BonBon sell sell sell!

Finally the bags were readied and tied off for the small deluge of customers. Lyra took and breath and exhaled loudly.

"Whew! That was quite a busy spell!" She stood and used her hooves to fan BonBon dramatically. "But of course you have it under control don't you sweet cheeks?"

A few moments later Lyra could hardly help a blush from coloring her cheeks as her mare friend playfully flicked her tail along her back! She had to keep her head in the game and keep on selling!

image.png

That was when the sounds of an electric guitar blasted onto the scene! Lyra watched a a light colored kirin made his way to the stands. An idea began to form as she watched him talking to the princesses...

The treats were all perfect! Celestia savored on the chocolates with a pleased smile. She had a great time interacting with the ponies of her kingdom and this was just the sort of occasion to do it! Fire Walker and Fast Track had come over to the stands too and it looked like Fire Walker was helping out the young yak! So nice to see creatures from all over Equestria getting along!

Twilight couldn't help but giggle at Yona's antics. The Princess of Friendship certainly had a soft spot for her yak student. Yona was kind and just trying her best to learn as much as she could! How could anypony fault her for that? She leaned in and "whispered" back to the yak.

"Firewalker is the bright red pegasus mare. " Twilight watched with squinted eyes, barely making out the figures as they made their way to the Round Bottom Hills. A flash of red could be just barely seen. 

"A good choice of a pony to cheer for Yona. Firewalker is an officer and very good at her job!"

"Yep!" munch munch munch... "She's a super awesome pony for sure!" smack slurp munch... Spike cut in while shoving gem flavored treats into his mouth a clawful at a time! "Whoa!"

Spike's head turned to the sound of electric guitar! Twilight looked as well, spying a light colored kirin who seemed very friendly! After he said his hello, Twilight smiled at him.

"Welcome Yama! It's fantastic to meet you too!" Twilight scooted over on the bench to make room for the kirin. "As the Princess of Friendship I must remain impartial in my cheering, Yona here is cheering for somepony in particular though,"  She nodded to Yona.

• Like 3

7X1uTfL.jpg

With things seeming to calm down, Bevel decided she could use a bit  of a break on the cheering. The inventor reached into her saddlebags and pulled out a bottle of water to hydrate herself, cheering could sure take it out of you. She could only flush a bit at the kiss to the cheek, the surprise of it sending errant breath down the wrong pipe and leaving the mocha colored unicorn hacking and sputtering. Hooves scrambled for for a kerchief she could cough into while the aspiration took hold. Eventually through a tear or two she managed to catch her breath again. 

"Do you have to surprise me like that all the time?" She asked with a huff, "I mean the princesses are here after all."

VCmjuNs.jpg

Yama would tilt his head and wiggle his ears as the yak girl gave her opinion on the treat she'd been given, "Hmmm... " The blonde kirin would sniff a couple times at the air and then grin, his tail beginning to wag behind him, "Smells really sweet!" He couldn't help but notice that little twitch in the salespony's smile. Was there a better way to cheer her up beyond becoming her next customer? Well if there was, Yama sure as hay couldn't think of it!  "Can I take a smallish bag?... actually make that a medium sized bag? I wanna share some when the one I'm cheerin' for gets to finish line!"

Thankfully, Yama had managed to get some coin by playing in Ponyville square earlier today!

For a couple seconds, The gold coated foreigner was left staring over at Luna and Celestia. He'd seen the sisters in art and sculptures in his travels, but never in the flesh. The art hardly did them justice. It also didn't seem to properly encapsulate their harmonious magical aura. His ears swiveled in Twilight's direction, shortly followed by his head. "You're a princess too?! Does that mean you're gonna grow super tall like them?" He asked with a certain naive bluntness in his voice, entirely good natured but not terribly wary of the idea of tact in such an odd situation. 

"No need to worry about offendin' me, Twilight. ... er, sorry, Princess." He would turn the instrument on his back around on it's harness and carefully begin to tune it, "Besides! I'm planning to play somethin' instead of cheer. " With a nimble leap to an upper bleacher, Yama twirled in place and gave the instrument a strum that seemed to carry across the bleachers.  He would smile down to Twilight, "I'm gonna play a tune to show my support!" Teeth clenched as Yona bellowed out another cheer! A chuckle came from the foreigner as he rubbed a hoof to his ear and then pointed to the yak, "You! Have you ever thought of singing? With that volume you could be an amazing opera singer! ... or whatever genre ya like!"

Edited by Pretzelparty

If Rocky's sea foam colored coat wasn't red enough with his blush, being picked up by the sales pony and put on her cart like a dispaly was enough to make him look like a colt version of Big Mac.  "She really didn't have to announce it to all Equestria" he thought but was still grateful that she understood his situation.  Rocky listened closely as she made her sales pitch and figuring she knew best he decided to take Bonbon's word for it.

"Okay Ma'am, you have sold me.  I will take some of the Seaddle Special Bonbons.  I thanks you kindly" he said as he held out five bits.  His slight country twang caused a few ponies to look at him and giggle at what they saw as young love on display.  Taking his purchase he looked around a bit and said, "Not fer nuthin Ma'am....but could ya'll possibly set me down if it's okay?"

• Like 1

"Heheh, sorry Bevel, you just make it so easy!" Starlight replied with a giggle and a wink before turning her attention back to Bon Bon. "Well he's sort of my all around assistant I suppose. We made sure when we were discussing the details of the job that he has free time to model for Rarity though, I didn't want to take that away from him." the unicorn gave a nod as she paid for the second bag of candies. "He only started recently but he's been such a great help so far. So I figured a little treat couldn't hurt!" waggling the bag she waved to Bon Bon and made her way back towards where Bevel and Valen were seated. It seemed that nearby the spontaneously papering kirin from before was having a nice little conversation with Twilight.

Rather than interrupt the conversation at hoof, Starlight gave a little wave the stallion as she took a seat between Bevel and Valen. "Here you go Valen, enjoy! Bon Bon makes some of the best candies around." She wanted to say that Sugarcube Corner had her beat on cakes and pies and whatnot, but Starlight bet she could hear someone say that from a mile away and be there with a sales pitch on why the bon bons couldn't be beat or something.

• Like 3

bon_bon_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5ld4da

Ahh, that makes sense. She didn't know the colt that well but she knew he always appeared busy helping somepony with something. Why he decided to become an assistant to Starlight Glimmer, like a pony version of Spike, she didn't know. But what she did know is that ponies loved bonbons and little colts were her best customers. “Here ya go, Starlight!” She said, hooving the bag over. “Ya know, can I borrow him? I'm thinking about starting up a group called “Bon Bon's Bonbon Fillies”. Go around Equestria advertising for me. Can't promise it'll pay well except for some bonbons and they have to pay their own way, but it sounds like a good idea to me!” she said with a smile. Of course she had thought about the idea earlier in the day and was pretty sure nopony would want to do it, but hey, why not try?

She winked at Lyra, her tail trailing her mare's fetlocks absentmindedly. “Of course I have it under control. But if I do start to have problems feel free to start dancing to distract them as I make my escape,” she joked. Mostly it was a joke. She didn't handle a great deal of difficulty she couldn't immediately conquer. She wanted more, maybe needed to start with one, smoke bomb and rappelling rope. Making awkward escapes was always better when you did it rappelling out of a window.

On the subject of awkward escapes, she had very successfully sniffed out what the little colt needed. Who could blame her! If there was a mare who knew better how to eat her way into another filly or mare's heart, it was Bon Bon. She'd been doing it since she was his age more or less, and while her methods were many and varied she knew bonbons could solve almost any romance problem. Even first romance problems! She got the aforementioned bonbons, put them in a bag, collected the bits, and then let him down. “Here ya go! Now make sure she doesn't eat them too fast. You don't want to become associated with a tummy ache, now do you?” She asked, though her ears had already at least partially found home with her newest customer.

Musical pony. His accent..neighponese. Ahh, she hadn't done that one in a while. She liked foreign musical types. Ponies went gaga for them a mix of the musical and the exotic, and that meant ponies paid attention to what they liked. This included treats. “One smallish-medium bag of the best bonbons ever? That sounds like a good idea,” she said as she started gathering. “So, what brings you here? Wanting to add excellent music to my background thoughts?”

• Like 2

oedrVXf.png?1

Wind Walker could not help but smile at the young yak. She was a -good- deal more considerate than the other members of her race that the  young filly had encountered not that long ago. These adult yaks were not being very good guests as something happened that caused them to go into an rampage of sorts. Walls were smashed. Hay was scattered to the wind. And more than one tea cozy had lost its life during the hullabaloo. Thankfully things were peacefully resolved. Pinkie probably had a yak party and yakked it up with the yaks until they stopped being yak-arses. Hurrah for the pink pony! Hopefully she will finish a distant second to Fire Walker. The filly noticed she could actually see the yak-girl's eyes. How odd, considering all the adult's peepers were covered in yak hair.

The filly opened her mouth to reply, but her boss quickly spoke up. Guess she can't be that bad. Crazy magic or not. And speaking of crazy magic, she really needed to keep her eye on that Bevel. She was CHEERING for Discord. She had to be secretly evil like he used to be. Or at least secretly pesky, which the draconequus was currently. But for now, her friend was really overdoing it with the sweets!

"Fast Track! Maybe you've had enough bonbons...You might get a tummy ache!"

brZgh4c.png?1

"Not likely!", the candy chomping colt replied back, "My stomach is like the GT1s Magic Turbine-Steam Hybrid! I can eat these things all day and I won't feel a thing."

The filly lowered her eyes, "But you'll get chubby and I don't think Inkie Hooves wants to smooch a pony that looked like an ponchky!"

This was a cause of concern for the colt. Inkie was a teenaged mare who usually dropped off magazines at his local grocery store. She was the one who brought his beloved 'Canterlot Railroad Enthusiast' magazine. He had an rather oversized crush on the gal. Would she love him if there was more of him to love? Did she actually love him at all, or was just a friendly pony? "Right.", he gasped, "I'll save the rest for your family...I'll get a pumpkin bonbon for your brother Punk....Cinnamon ones for your sister...", he trailed off as Wind Walker returned to her cheering section with Yona .

"Cheering for Fire Walker!', Wind Walker cheered on!
  • Like 3

image.png

Sunbutt and Moonbutt looked at each other as the ponies around them erupted in cheering and hoof stomping.

"I'm not sure who to cheer for sister," Luna watched wide eyed as the runners rounded the final bend towards the finish line. 

"Neither can I Luna. Perhaps we can go ahead and cheer for all of them? Every runner looks like they have given it all they can!" Celestia's heart beat a bit faster as she found herself caught up in the moment! All the ponies running, stretching, giving it every last drop of their will power as they hurtled towards the finish!

"WE CHEER FOR EVERYCREATURE WHO ART RACING! DOST THAT NOT MAKE THOU EXCITED?!!!!"

Celestia looked to Luna. "I'm not sure that royal addressing voice is the best one for cheering sister,"  She grimaced and rubbed an ear. "I can't even pull that voice off anymore." 

Twilight looked over at Luna and grinned. "Well Princess, I think you and Yona could have a 'cheering' contest!" She rubbed an ear. "Though I'm not sure the rest of us would live through it!"

Then a melodic noise rippled through the stands. Twilight looked up to where Yama had perched himself. "Wow Yama! If that doesn't encourage the runners I don't know what will!" Idea! "Would you like to come play for us at Canterlot Castle sometime? Maybe for Nightmare Night?"

Smack! Munch! "Yum! I'd say a big bag of these bonbons for the winner!" Yum! Smack! Crunch! Spike stuffed more treats in his mouth.

"Spike! That's going to give you a tummy ache!"

"That's for future Spike to worry about!" The teenage dragon dismissed the notion as he scarfed a ruby colored bonbon

image.png

Lyra ran a hoof playfully down Bonbon's crest as she finished hoofing over bags of bonbons.  "I'd say having a BonBon definitely makes a pony a winner!" She leaned over and gave her mare a smooch on the cheek. "And speaking of the future...I'm happy for however many foals and fillies as long as I'm with you!" Her eyes locked on BonBon's. "I'm ready for my future with you beautiful."

• Like 2