Wayward Wine [Neighpon] (Open!)

Pretzelparty

3RVGQH5.jpg

This was taking far too long now. The supplier she called about her barrel of Rice-wine said it would be here today at nine o'clock in the morning.  He'd said the same two days ago... Why was this taking so long? Home brewing sake wasn't a strictly legal affair and despite Toboe's history, she still had a respect for rules. At this rate she was going to have to take the Amazake off the menu for tonight. The very idea got a irritated scoff from the mare in the big empty bar. Karaoke night was coming and the last thing she wanted anypony to say about her was that she "Came up short" even once when it came to her bar. If there was one thing she confidently called the result of her own hard work, it was this place.

After she finished arranging the glasses in a perfect triangle on the shelf behind her, She would sink down beneath the counter to pull out a large jug of the titular sake. She narrowed her eyes at the bottle, the drink within barely enough to fill single cup. "Okay... I've had enough waiting." She muttered to herself before  setting the bottle back down, "If it's not coming to me, I'm going to it." The sign on the front door flipped to show off the closed sign. Once that was done it was pushed open, the bar's owner calmly strutting into the open sun.

It was a beautiful day in the city of Polohama. One of -if not the- tech capital(s) of Neighpon and it was her's to explore today. The rest of the organization can handle itself for the day, she'd already given notes to her administrator and her lieutenants to spread the word of the party tonight and they had ways to get in contact with her if something went too far south. Toboe let the myriad smells of the city fill her nostrils like she was sampling the aroma of some finely cooked entree. Shops were looking pretty busy today, and those tourists who would flock to this city were out in force it seemed. Neon signs seemed to lay around every corner, the smell of gyoza, Taiyaki, Tokoyaki filled the streets. How she loved this city.

Was there another golem fight in the dome today? She really should get back to following that sport, some of the kyodai and most of the shatei loved talking about those dramatic celebrities. Her stroll soon took her through a crowd of various ponies, Tourists and natives alike. The tide of equine almost turned her around until she managed to take hold of a nearby bench. Toboe fished around her saddlebag and pulled out a small map, "Hmm... the place should be a bit of a trek, but I should be able to make it. Maybe I should have brought someone along in case things go south somehow."

As Toboe was looking at her map, the sea of ponies began to part and scurry out of the way. As if they were being driven by an unseen force. Through the parting ponies, a large stallion pulling a cart came walking through. His long, curved horn glowing with a sparkling magic, bright green and glittering. His eyes were like emeralds, set in his head. He was as large as an allicorn, and well built. But to his lips was a flute, he was using his magic to hold it as he played. And the sound alone seemed to make a path for him as he walked alone. He had a gentle look upon his face. He was smiling, happy and bright. The ponies that moved aside seemed to do so subconsciously, but were also starting to smile. 

The stallion paused form his playing long enough to adjust his cart straps and turn to look back at a filly sitting in the cart. The filly looked like a pudgy little thing and was giggling as she nibbled on a cupcake. The stallion began to play again, and slowly walk forward. He was headed the direction of the Toboe, and the crowd around her was thinning out form the music. Behind the cart the crowd was filling back in, as if nothing had happened. 

As the stallion came even with Toboe, he lowered his flute and looked at her. "Are you alright?" he asked softly. his voice almost like a song. The filly popped up and looked at Toboe, but said nothing. She only watched her. The stallion, in his shaggy mop of a mane and tail, stood proudly and offered her a hoof. He had a soft grace about his face. And his dark gray coat only broke to show his soft smile and his cheerful eyes. 

sl0I2IC.jpg

The mare's ears twitched at the sound of music. Were street performers really getting that good lately? Toboe lowered her paper just below her eye line to get a look at crowds swaying and moving around. Flute music wasn't something she recalled played terribly often on this street, it proved an interesting change of pace for not only her but evidently this enthralled audience. Even Toboe couldn't resist tapping her hoof along to the music. Rather than investigate further, Toboe lifted up the paper once again to try and figure out the route she'd end up taking. 

A question soon made her ears perk. Again, she lowered the map and looked up to the unusually tall looking unicorn before her. He was definitely a foreigner by the look of him. That strange horn of his and the abnormal height made it especially obvious. Was he some rare breed of pony Toboe had never encountered? His magic smelled normal enough at first sniff, "I'm well enough. I'm just looking to retrieve a supply of wine I was promised... " She looked up and down the stallion for a moment, "You're good with that flute. Play any other instruments? I'm hosting a party later tonight and I'll need entertainment." Her one visible eye shifted over to the filly nearby, "... Or would the president of your fanclub object to that?"

Buck smiled widely, almost chuckling as he looked to the pony and his eye about lit up. "Entertainment? Yes I can provide that. As for my little sister, as long as there's a safe place she can stay, there wont be an issue." 

CaramelCream waved with a giggle, the picture of a happy foal. Finishing off her cupcake, she spoke happily. "My big brother can play ANY instrument!! You name, he can play it!!!" 

She seemed supremely confident in her brother's abilities. Furthermore, she also seemed the type of foal to know her way around sweets, given she looked like one. 

Archived