Tricks and Treats and...Traps? (Trick or Treating!)

Dubstep

fs1MW49.pngClothomancy wasn't the spirit's specialty, after all this outfit was hooftailored! He scratched his chin and observed the Kirin, whose voice was muffled by a pair of construction earmuffs. He scratched his beard with his paw, the elbow of that forelimb resting on his crossed claw. Yes, yes an outfit deserving a royal Canterlot princess. Or maybe Yama could be the prince. He a snap of his claws he would weave together a stunning outfit form fitting to the Kirin. The chaotic spirit delighted in the idea that the Manic Marmalade Marshmallow Cake was piquing curiosity. Swiveling his ears forward Berry Punch's pragmatic presentation of prancing about. His muzzle blushed as he tugged on a tie around his neck, loosing it. 

"No respect." He muttered clearing his throat at the tease before he looked over to Cain and gasped, eyes going wide as saucers. "I didn't think I would ever see it again!" He accepted the offering as if he were some god upon his votive!

He looked over to Big Mac as the elegant Macicorn arrived. My, my, it was become quite a shift. He was reminded that you needn't sixty-three for the rule to pass vote. A pawful of ponies was enough. Oh and an unlucky dragon. he wiggled his forked tongue at the cake pop and shook his head. Though he was not to sure if Rose's spider was male or female, but it would do as well! 

"Now, don't you waste time!" He couldn't imagine what the mare would have to treat them. She made such tasty drinks! "We shouldn't keep a mare waiting." Discord felt like he was leading a thousand monster parade down the streets, or thousand princesses, and made way to Berry's! Of course he wouldn't rush those gathering treats still at Cain's, but they were hardly out of sight as he moved to adjust his bag, shuffling it out, the cake pop levitating beside him, some of the marshmallow cover slurped off. He cleared his throat. "Trick or treat! Though, preferably, treat." he wiggled his bushy brows and prepared to be handsomely rewarded for his efforts!

Berry's smile widened as the crowd of treat-seekers gathered around her door.  Such adorable costumes!  And pretty darn good ones, in the case of Wind Walker; the mare would hardly have recognized the little filly if not for her voice.  "Why, the little mistress of the night herself is gracing my humble little shop!  Well, I've brewed up something I think you will find truly to your tastes!"  

It was perhaps... insensitive to let out a little cackle at the sight of both Valen and Spike as they followed up, flanking the young 'princess,' but Berry couldn't help it.  They both looked so simultaneously funny and adorable in their get-ups!  What was it, these days, with these boundary-breaking get-ups?  Was Rarity responsible for spreading the love of dresses beyond their typical bounds, or were the fashions of Canterlot blowing a rogue wind into Ponyville?  Berry wouldn't have said she favored crossing over herself (though suits could produce some rather... remarkable results if tailored correctly).  Still, weirder things happened in this small little town, so much so that the Spirit of Chaos magicking up a costume for a kirin in the group was hardly to be blinked at any more!  "My, my, and here I thought that being respectable was the very antithesis of chaos, yet look at you handsome fellow!"

And then there was Big Mac.  Well!  Color Berry surprised at the sight; sure, she'd been in that shared dream along with the rest of the town, but her own part in it was by no means so impactful to her as it seemed to be for the big stallion.  Still, of all the crossers present, she had to say that he pulled off the look better than most.  Of course, being Ponyville's resident hunk meant that quite a lot that he did was viewed positively by the mares of the town, herself no exceptions.  "Your majesty, I am always glad to be graced by your presence!"

However!  Now was not the time to retreat into dreamy daydreams of dreaminess; it was night already!  Nightmare Night!  And she had a candy to produce.  With a flourish of her hat, she reached down and whisked out a small rectangular cardboard box, colored in black, blue, and orange.  "Now, my little colts and fillies, behold my new creation, JuicyJam!  All the sweetness of the fruits you love, condensed down into an intense box of flavor!"  Having a candy the size of a normal lunchtime juicebox already put Berry at or near the top-tier of candy distributors tonight, but she was just getting started!

The second part of her demo was key.  One thing she had observed, both as a parent and caterer to foals of all sorts, is that food to the younger crowd was both nutrition and entertainment.  It was one thing to make something delicious, but if you could make the way you at it fun, you had a winner on your hooves!  "Now watch carefully, because there's a special trick to this."  With dexterity shown only in the hooves of an earth pony, Berry poked a hole in the top of the box, sliding in a short straw, before giving it a quick squeeze.  Immediately, a bright red stream of super-flavored cherry goop squirted straight up into the air, arcing sharply to descend into Berry's open mouth, which closed with a satisfied, salivating smack.

"Mmm, now that's the stuff, alright!"  She licked her lips, shooting a wink directly at Candy Cane.  A notorious flirt, she had already identified the newcomer as the most fun of all possible targets.  Seeing mares and stallions blush and stammer never got old, and neither did coaxing them out of their shells, if any ever got the courage to do so around her.  It was a public service, really; shame and shyness only got in the way of a good time!

Her demonstration over, she handed out the boxes, starting with the spidery kirin.  "How do you get all those legs to work?"  She asked, genuinely curious as her mind already filed away an idea for next year's costume...

nH6Bvoi.jpg

“Yep. Princess of dreams. Princess of the night.”, the little filly decided against speaking in the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE as it had been wearing out her vocal cords and some may find it rude to be yelled at...Unless it was the proper ‘trick or treat’ chant. That was important. If she lost her voice, how would candy givers know that they must smell her hooves? Actually, why would anypony need to smell her hooves? What a weird thing to ask somepony. Did her costumed horse-shoes even have a smell? Maybe next time she should go with the usual, 'Nightmare Night! What a fright! Give us something sweet to bite!'.

She smiled as the mare, hopefully was about to pull out her very large sack of candy! Princess Luna had the right to send anypony to the moon if they DARED give her bad candy! No horrid black licorice! Or wax cola bottles! And circus peanuts! Why do they taste like banana? They should taste like peanut! What insane pony decided on this? That would be like selling candies that looked like apples, and they tasted like prunes! Wrong! And her silly bigger sister liked those terrible candy corns! Also did not taste like corn! They tasted like broken dreams and nightmares!

What was this? Was Miss Punch hoofing out drink boxes? Really? Guess that made sense. Berry Punch. Wind Walker had been banned from drinking such things in her house, after she accidentally dumped the entire content of her beloved ‘Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster' on her family's new couch. Grape flavored corn syrup mixed with Polydimethylsiloxane, Castoreum, and  Brominated Vegetable Oil, do not work well with the Canterlot Linen and Silk couch. Thankfully there were no overpriced couches in sight. And while this was not candy, she still had to be very grateful. Still. JuicyJam. Her little speech sounded like something she should have said while doing tricks on a skateboard while wearing dark sunglasses while an very old authority figure looked on with disapproval.

"Thanks Miss Punch!" After she received her treat, the filly made room for another. She would try this new drink out and hopefully earn a glare from a nearby vice principal, jail warden or other be-crew-cutted stallion of authority! Take that! I am enjoying....", after a few failed attempts with Berry Punch's straw 'o' death, Wind managed to get a few tastes of her drink. Or was it candy? How odd? It was more of a candy filling of sorts. It was good....But....oh no..THIS WAS HEALTHY!!

As she pondered how many eggs this mare's house would soon be covered with, the filly spied a few more newcomers. Applebloom's big brother cantered by in a rather exquisite costume. An Alicorn princess? It was well made and the wings were pretty real looking. He probably should enter Swift Squall's contest in that get-up. Probably would win! The filly took a moment to smile at White Rose when something caught her attention. The kiren WANTED Discord to zap a costume on her. That might not end well for her!

"Thanks Mister Cain!", the filly glanced into her bag as the stallion tossed a few goodies her way. "I'm Wind Walker.", she added. It would be nice to give the candy-givers a little treat as well, but considering the look the mare had given him, Berry Punch was looking for something sweet and it was not candy!

Hopefully they would soon find their way to the next house. How far was Mister Rich's house from here? He usually had really good candy and sometimes even rather scary decorations!

Image result for princess big macintosh

Mac felt himself relax just a little as Spike made his greeting. Sure the big stallion wondered why in the world Spike would choose such a costume but he didn't utter a word of the question. Nope. It wasn't for him to judge what made a pony, or in this case dragon, comfortable. He had taken a big leap dressing up like he had, especially since he knew how many mare sin town had their eyes on him. But he was glad that nopony had questioned him on it right away. 

He felt a little more emboldened as others noted him and said nothing as far as critical of his choice in costumes. They didn't need to know that somewhere deep down inside he felt the desire to dress like this for more than just Nightmare Night. It was even more exciting than he thought it would be to go around in get up usually worn by mares. Mac resolved that he'd keep this desire to himself though. 

As they made their way to Berry's dor Mac felt his heart pick up yet again. He'd not enjoyed getting tricks or treats since he was a little colt. It was a bit silly to be going out as a full grown stallion but they did have little Wind Walker with them so she provided some good cover. Besides, he wasn't out for candy. He was out for his amazing costume!

Your majesty, I am always glad to be graced by your presence!"

As Berry gave him the drink box he couldn't help but blush and turn his head to the side. 

"Why thank ya mame," He muttered the respond in a fit of shyness. 

After stepping off the porch of Berry's house no nudged Wind Walker. "That's a big ol' candy bag you got there Princess! Gonna take us all night to get that one filled up! Where we off to next?"

'Alright...' Spike thought to himself. Big Mac's arrival changed things up a bit for the worry ridden dragon. 'If Big Mac can handle dressing up all girly like. So can I! He's the manliest stallion I know! Maybe Valen's right, if I just stop caring so much, it'll be fine...yeah.' Tonight would be a lot more fun if he wasn't so worried. Besides, he had to look at the bright side for this! At least the outfit was super comfy and it didn't clash with his scales and it fit like a dream, what could he really complain about? He could worry about fixing the mess that caused this later. For tonight there were treats and snacks to be had!

And speaking of treats, Berry Punch had just begun the demonstration of her latest invention. Spike hadn't really pegged the mare for a candy maker, but with as much wine and juice she made, he wasn't terribly surprised that she'd take a little foray into the wide world of sweet treats. It was some mix of a juice box and a gooey candy...Which frankly was brilliant! Sure the gummies that had the liquid center was great, but having a straight from the tap source of that goo? That was awesome! "Wow Berry, those are really cool. I bet you could make loads off them!" he said once she had finished her demonstration and deposited one in his trick or treat bag. Having a snack in a juice box like that was brilliant for kids and ponies with a sweet tooth on the go...What next? Yoghurt in a tube?

Alright! First trick or treat stop successful. Sure it wasn't the biggest haul from a house, but hey! A start's a start and Spike even managed to resist going ahead and devouring this one. Chomp went the last bite of that delicious candy apple. Man Nightmare Night was the best. When else could someone pig out on candy? Any other time of year, everyone would be all 'Noooo, too much sugar! Don't, think of the cavities!' and things like that. Meandering over to Big Mac's side, Spike idly chewed on the candy apple's stick with a smile. "Awesome costume Big Mac, did you make it yourself?" Spike asked the stallion before giving a little tug to the chest of his own. "I think you were super distracted at least week's OnO game. You remember that weird idol? I grabbed it and it did this. But apparently... he glanced over at Discord. "Because I left the game early it's stuck on me outside of the game now." sighing, Spike rolled the stick from one side to the other. "But hey! It looks good, right?

Archived