A Storm in Whitescar. (PM or ask on discord to join!)

Dusty

0sonh7h.png

Hogo-sha couldn't help but think about what the Jarl had said, there was a grain of truth to it. The only way this wolf thought that it may not fully apply to him was because 'Breeding' was not something he thought positively of. Hogo-sha's desires lead to him surpassing his breeding and being better than his father. To be a figure of renown whose story would be shared for years upon years. Perhaps going around as he was could be more interesting to try in the future.

Soon, the topic went on to the Bull's pitch. It was a tempting offer on some levels, but repulsive on others. A chance to fight in great battles against strong warriors? That was entirely up this dog's alley.  Raiding vessels and stealing from others, that was not something Hogo-sha could live with however.  Rather than speaking immediately, Hogo-sha turned to his new acquaintance.  She seemed very excited by the offer. Unreasonably so in fact... there was a story there, one he hoped to one day learn about. 

The fact the Jarl's Lupine guest was so quiet, likely betrayed his hesitance. 

"Jarl. I will admit, the chance to exercise the power one has trained and gained is a tempting one. The opportunity to fight against the best opponents of this world is very enticing on its own."  He cleared his throat, "But... I would rather take what power I possess can grant me on my own terms and without raids on those who have nothing to do with this country's internal issues. Most importantly however: There is a great issue that I could not get past if I aided you in your endeavor." The wolf smiled at the caribou across the table, "That issue being: I wish to defeat you in combat one day."  He momentarily glanced to the silent caribou then back to the Jarl, "You see. One of your ancestors who warred wth Neighpon along with other caribou clans once was defeated by my father. If I am to step out of his shadow, defeating you will always be a high list on my agenda. Serving you with such a desire would probably not suit your needs."

• Like 2