Hope Goldy (Ready)

HopeGoldy

Name: Hope Goldy

Species: changeling. (did come from a princess and changeling, but isn't born an alicorn) To fit in with the rest she will often change between Pegasus and Unicorn. Not both though (since that isn't allowed so I'll do it like this).

Eye color: minty blue

Character color: very dark blue

Mane and tail: light blue with three stripes. Inner stripe is lighter blue than the main mane. Middle stripe is a darker blue than the main mane. Outer stripe is darker than the middle stripe.

Physique: like i said in the species section, she changes sometimes between unicorn and pegasus, but will never, unless special occasions, resort to being an alicorn. She's as tall as Celestia and appears older than she actually is due to the length and sharpness of her horn or the length of her wings.

Residence: crystal empire

Occupation: her job is also her hobby. She writes books about her adventures in dream land and real life. She sells those books but always keeps one or two just in case boredom visits her.

Cutie mark: a heart shaped yin and yang.

How she got her cutie mark. She wasn't exactly from equestria (not gonna state where she's from though) not that she remembered anyway. Her name in her region was Alyssa and she was 16 years old. Her grades at school were great, but kept getting worse with each day. Everything they tried to teach her, she just couldn't understand anymore, the language seemed so strange.. After school, she ran away, bullies chasing her, wanting to beat her up with magic she didn't have. "Oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t...must escape them!" She panted as she stopped a second. She caught her breath and ran further. When she opened her eyes to look where she was going, she noticed she wasn't in the forest anymore, but instead in the middle of a city. One where everypony was made of crystals, or at least it seemed like it. She felt light engulf her and she changed. Her body was changing. She became a pony, one with wings and a horn. A random pink unicorn told her that if she wanted to fit in, she had to hide her wings. "Easy..I'll just ehh...use magic?" Within a second, her wings were gone. She didn't even have to use her horn. She shrugged it off. She noticed some black shadow up in the air almost dying from the light of the crystal heart. She used her horn to protect him. She didn't have anything against good ponies but she didn't have anything against the bad ones either. She walked over, still new to walking on four legs and helped him up. "I think you should go...just ask me if you need anything!" She told him and he just nodded, confused. He seemed to recognise her. He did leave. She saw light appearing on her flank and saw her cutie mark, yin and yang, but shaped like a heart. Her thoughts before she fell asleep "great. Now i have a tattoo on my butt" she didn't know about the concept of cutie marks because of her past.

History: literally the one i told of when she got her cutie Mark. She doesn't remember anything from before, only that her life was the worst somepony could have. But to specify it for any curious ponies around here..

Before cadence was another queen. That queen had an affaire with a changeling male before they went all sucky. They had a kid who didn't only possess the power to change like a changeling, but also use the magic landponies, pegasi and unicorns had. (She was born a changeling, not an alicorn) One day though, she got kidnapped by a pony in hood. She never saw their face and never heard their voice so she couldn't ever take revenge for being taken away from her parents. Her memories of her past life were erased the moment she was taken to another home. From there on, her life became a living h3ll. Being beaten up and left out by everyone made her a strong yet shy pony.

Personality: she's very shy like Fluttershy. She's caring around those she loves and can appreciate a good laugh. She is outgoing though and very social. But that's only if she had hot chocolate with roasted marshmallows. that's like her alcohol or drug. She can be sarcastic. With friends it's a funny sarcasm. With enemies and strangers it's a b**chy sarcasm. Does have mood changes and does walk around her home as an alicorn but will change back to unicorn or pegasus when having visitors or going home. (It's like walking around naked in your own home irl but then like this...ah you understand,  right?

Summary: lets see. Just tell me when i need to edit this summary lol.

Lets just say she had a very rough life after being fillynapped from her actual home. Ponies beating her up with magic because she didn't act the same as them, grades dropping because the normal equestrian language became harder to understand each year she lived, always having to run away because of bullies like diamond tiara still existed. She hated her life until she came to the crystal empire, her home. Her grades got higher again, bullies left her alone and nopony beat her up ever again. Now she's on a quest to find out who she is, who her parents were and where her parents are.

Hi :D I'll be happy to help you get this app ready for approval for use in WoE!

You have a few things you will need to edit to fit WoE and then you'll be all ready to go:

Age: Young Mare will work here as we don't go by numbers for this section. 

Species:  I suggest changing her to perhaps a  changling background so she will be able to morph into the forms you have listed. Alicorns aside from the princesses are not available for play in WoE. 

Cutie Mark: The story you presented for the cutie mark includes factors that won't be able to be used in WoE, mainly her coming from a place that is not used in FiM universe. This section is meant to fit the FiM show and thus characters come from the world presented in the show. The story kind of sounds like an Equestria Girls reference so she could be played as is in the Multiverse  sections. If that's what you'd like to do, I'd be happy to move this app to that section for you. She would need to have a backstory that fits the FiM series to be accepted for use in WoE.

History: Provide a history that fits FiM as mentioned above. It's ok to make the history and cutie mark story similar but the history should contain information that gives the reader an idea of why the character behaves and thinks as she does.

Summary: Can be a pared down version of the history. This is the section someone might read before stepping into an RP with your character to get a basic view of who they are.

Do a quick read through for spelling and grammar. Part of presenting an app and having it accepted is making sure those who enter our WoE have a good grasp on writing clearly and cleanly in RP settings. 

You have a good character here. Choices for you; make some edits and soon she will be ready for use in Woe, move this app to the Multiverse section if you'd like to play the character in an Equestria Girls setting, leave the app as is and RP her in the Free for All sections as much as you'd like. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Eyo!  Friendly neighborhood mod taking over; just some two cents before we can give your char an approval stamp:

Alicorns and alicorn-blooded characters are a little too OP for WoE Original Characters; we try not to stray too far from canon in this setting, though we try not to be too rigid either.  Being on par with a Changeling Hive Queen would be acceptable; possibly being made using love given by a previous Crystal Empress to her changeling lover.  Having Alicorn-level powers, or access to all three tribal magics at full strength is a little much, though; at least not without her getting a significant amount of love to power her up that much.  Alicorn as default is too much.

Is she meant to have come to the Crystal Empire before Sombra took it over?  That would be interesting, a changeling trapped in the 1,000-year jump.  I'm assuming the Dark pony referenced in your background is supposed to be Sombra?  

Yup. It's Sombra. (Seeing i have a huuuuuuge crush on the dude, i thought I'd mention it.) And she gets very tired when using more than one alicorn spell, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? Because if she gets very tired, she won't be able to use her alicorn power at all for some days, weeks even.

I'm not sure if we have any active Sombra players at the moment; I would have recommended getting in touch with one of them to see if they would be willing to have that be a part of their own backstory. As it stands now, it should be fine unless called out specifically. (Or you could app him yourself)

And I wouldn't say that alicorn level magic would naturally recharge. We've seen changelings wield it before, but only after extended feeding. If you can make an effort to keep your abilities in-lore, I'll be willing to approve them. 

Edited by PrinceBlueblood

The format made it hard to see, sorry.  As of my last reply, the post was tagged as it's last edit as having been done on Thursday.

Please try not to bring too much OOC sass; it's fine in character, but we'll all have a better time if we try to be a little more patient with each other. And I realize that text-only communication can sometimes come off as more brusque than intended (may have come off as that myself, and if so, sorry).

I'll take care of this for sure once I get home from work.

So, had a bit of a closer read, along with a consultation with the admins; by WoE rules, alicorns and alicorn hybrids are no-goes.  It has to be made clear in the application that Hope Goldy is a changeling that sometimes takes the form of an alicorn, and not a hybrid of one.

But that would completely change my oc. I already made millions of changes for you guys. Can't you make an exception as long as i make sure to not make it seem like a hybrid? (Why aren't hybrids allowed though? Could you at least explain that {a very very good reason} so that i can understand it more?)

If you want to play your OC without any changes, you may do so in our FFA forums, they don't require RP approval and you can start immediately.

WoE is a moderated setting, specifically designed to be compatible and comparable with the storylines in the Friendship is Magic show.  It allows players to play more down-to-earth characters without worrying about being overshadowed by overpowered characters.  The rules we have now are the result of several experiments over the years, and we found that drawing a consistent line at alicorn OC's was the best way to preserve both balance and flexibility, while minimizing OOC conflict.  We want players to be able to RP without getting caught up in arguments about "God-moding," which are never fun for either side in the dispute.

We're not asking you to make changes that we haven't had to make ourselves in fitting characters to the setting, but if that isn't going to be fun for you, that's OK!  You can still play your character on the less-restricted forums, and still be a part of our community and discussions.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, PrinceBlueblood said:

If you want to play your OC without any changes, you may do so in our FFA forums, they don't require RP approval and you can start immediately.

WoE is a moderated setting, specifically designed to be compatible and comparable with the storylines in the Friendship is Magic show.  It allows players to play more down-to-earth characters without worrying about being overshadowed by overpowered characters.  The rules we have now are the result of several experiments over the years, and we found that drawing a consistent line at alicorn OC's was the best way to preserve both balance and flexibility, while minimizing OOC conflict.  We want players to be able to RP without getting caught up in arguments about "God-moding," which are never fun for either side in the dispute.

We're not asking you to make changes that we haven't had to make ourselves in fitting characters to the setting, but if that isn't going to be fun for you, that's OK!  You can still play your character on the less-restricted forums, and still be a part of our community and discussions.

Better now? I had to think a looooooong time. My oc is not even my oc anymore, it's from the rules of this stupid website. I had to make too many changes and it makes me insane. Just please accept it now. I will break if i hve to make another change..I'm getting so desperate now!!! 😭