The Unlikely Cirmumstances (Closed: tacobob) Completed!

GoldenDaze

35cm84.gif

"Wow- Rac&Reeez- that sounds sooooo tasty," Daze smirked, her sarcasm oozing with potential. She knew what the little dragon said, but it cracked the athletic mare up the way she said it. She also thought it was an odd choice too, just noodles and cheese? Yuck. The mare wasn't fond of either of those. Especially cheese. Every time when she was little and had to eat it, she'd barf all over her twin sister. That isn't a joke either. Daze hated cheese. 

The Pegasus listened to her cat friend, nodding her head at the idea of 'Pakora'. "That actually sounds really yummy. I might have to sink my teeth into that." She smiled at the silly sauce names. "I also might have to go with the middle dude with the cool lookin' glasses. Not too hot, but not too mellow. Sounds like my kind of guy." The mare looked through the menu one more time, seeing if anything else looks too good to pass.

A minute went by, and the older stallion came back to take their order. Daze took a sip of water, tasting the lemon. Perfect. She then opened her mouth to speak, smiling at the cool looking waiter. "I'll have the Pakora, or whatever. With this sauce-" she pointed at the middle one, tracing over his sunglasses with her hoof. "Mad-hy-a, or however you pronounce that." 

He took their orders and Daze sipped on her lemon water. Thrilly then asked her a question, making Daze sit up from the table. "Don't worry, curiosity won't kill the cat- in this case." She snickered at her play on words. She could be clever... sometimes. "My bones are just a little on the weak side. I was just born like that. I've broken my legs and wings countless of times, but I can be a little reckless, so most of the time it's my fault." She paused, taking a sip of water. "I just got to be extra careful, especially during racing season. Most of the time I don't think about getting hurt- It never really comes across my mind. I focus on other things." 

xZgngyw.png?1

Since there was a very low chance her hippy-dippy-dragon parents probably taught her what sarcasm was, the little dragon simply nodded her head and squeaked out a happy. “Yerp!”, she was drawing an rather detailed little image.

The cat noticed it and gasped.

The little dragon drew a cute, but crude image of the three all in stick-form enjoying a walk in Canterlot. All three were very happy and tiny hearts and flowers floated over their stick bodies heads. The flowers all had happy little faces and the sun wore sunglasses for some reason.

“Sorry. Just a little dusty...”, Thrilly covered her eyes with her cloth napkin. Now she not only felt bad for the super-brave Pegasus pony who dared to do what only a few ponies would are to do, along with knowing that one good fall would end her career forever. She also felt very bad for their little dragon friend. Left to fend for herself at a very very young age, she wandered the streets...looking for a friend....ugh.

She needed to hold it all in. Don’t cry! Don’t make a scene. Be cool.

“That’s very brave you...”, Thrilly removed her napkin. “Thankfully our circus has a very good record and the owner spares no expenses when it comes to our safety...Cause if one of his top performers is too hurt to perform, he can loose a ton of bits.....So he treats us all, from the strong-guy to the elephant sweeper like they’re the most important members of his staff....” Her eyes seemed to get redder and redder the more she spoke. What would make her cry?

Then two little fillies wandered by, “.......They had to put Mister Muffins to sleep today....”, one muttered.

Spoiler

OOC: Doesn’t like....cheese?

Ezq5Rnj.png

• Like 1

35wle5.gif

Daze just smirked and shook her head at the little cutie when she said her 'yerp'. It was probably the most adorable thing she'd ever seen. That's what she thought before she looked down to see what the creature was doodling. To the Pegasus's amazement, it was a picture of the three of them. All together, walking through the preppy streets of Canterlot, happily enjoying each other company. Well, that's what Daze got through the hearts and flowers over their heads. It was so incredibly cute. 

She noticed the sun too had sunglasses, which cracked the athletic mare to no end. She remembered doodling on things like this when she was the little dragon's age. She'd always put sunglasses on the sun, even though the sun was the one shining it's rays down on the earth below it. The sun couldn't blind itself, but putting sunglasses on it seemed to be legitimate. It's like the glasses were supposed to be there, like how Daze felt she was supposed to be in this exact moment with these two knuckleheads. It was like she was meant to run into the two. She was meant to find these two precious creatures and savor them forever- like destiny. 

Ha! Daze wasn't the soft emotional type. She was just overthinking things again, like always- or so she thought. These creatures were just here because they accidently came face to face. That's all. She enjoyed every minute of it though.

After she got out of her daze (ha), she looked at Thrilly, realizing she's a little upset. "You good, Thrill?" The Pegasus let out a very cute smirk, her eyebrows raising in curiousness and comfort. Daze then cleared her throat, "Nah, it's not that brave. I'm just- stubborn. That's good you all are safe. Circus things seem to be really dangerous. I'm glad you guys are well taking care of, haha." She noticed Thrilly's eyes become redder, making her ears droop down. 

Suddenly she heard two fillies walk passed them, and what they said made Daze's pupils grow small. "That's depressing."

Spoiler

Haha, I actually don't like cheese in real life. Daze is a representation of me, so she hates cheese too! Kinda funny. I love Cheese Sandwich though, he's an amazing character. 

• Like 1

“I’m good....Really....It’s just so cute....Everything...”, the cat’s eyes were now filled with tears....”And also very depressing...Geez....Mister Muffins..”, she glanced away and watched as the two fillies cantered away.  “So random...”, as she pondered what sort of creature that was recently put-down, the waiter arrived with their drinks.

One glass of neon colored sugar-water for the dragon. A milk for the cat, and a glass of Canterlot Springs Organic Limited Batch Artisan Gluten Free Water.  Thankfully they put the milk in a glass and not a bowl.

The cat took a small sip from he glass. “This isn’t just because, I’m a kitty.”, she grinned back at her friend, “Milk is really good against super-spicy foods. More so than water.. Oh...that was quick.”, she purred. The food had arrived!

The little dragon glanced down at her meal. She wasn’t getting regular mac and cheese. Nope! It was ‘Fun Shaped’! Her macaroni was shaped like little unicorn heads, festive stars and a cloud with a rainbow.  The meal also came with apple slices and French fries. It was basically a meal of side dishes, but the dragon did not seem to mind. These were not ‘fun shaped’.

Thrilly and Daze’s meals also were set down. The waiter smiled and uttered “Atithee Devo Bhava” before shuffling away.

"So, when is your next show? I'll hate myself forever if I miss it....", she had a taste of her meal, "This is also freaking awesome. Blows the food wagons away..."

36idh2.gif

"Now I kinda feel bad for those two." Daze's ears flopped down as she looked at her table, just staring at the intricate designs. "Hopefully he had a good life." 

Those poor kids. 

The waiter came by, and Daze was absolutely inching for some yummy, one of a kind, spicy, cool, food. She honestly didn't know what to expect from the meals that were presented in front of them. The mare wasn't really one to try new foods, but this stuff intrigued her taste buds. After he put the drinks down, Daze looked at Thrilly. "I've heard about milk being good for spicy food. Guess the sad thing is, I'm lactose intolerant. Ha." The Pegasus shrugged, staring at the new food that had arrived. 

The mare looked at the little dragon, noticing the food was shaped in a very classic "kids meal" way. She remembered the days where her mashed potatoes were served in the shaped of a dog and her sandwich was cut in little stars and diamonds. Those were the good days. It let her be a kid, but now she was an adult. Daze would go back anytime to be a filly again. Way back in flight school, with all her friends, her best friend. Man, she missed her best friend. 

Her thoughts finally left her system when her meal was set in front of her, and she immediately dug into the delicious display. She swallowed, a large smile grew on her face, and she opened her mouth to speak. "I got one next week, same day as today. I should have some continuously throughout the month." The tan mare pondered for a second. "Yeah, that sounds about right." She then made eye contact with Thrilly. "I'm glad your food it good! When's your next show?"

xZgngyw.png?1

"Oh."

There were a few other things she could have eaten with her spicy food, but they all seemed to have milk in them. Like milk chocolate.

"The only other thing I can remember was bread....If you get a little hot in the mouth, just cram a bit of bread in your mouth. It eats up all the spicy bits....." She also heard alcoholic drinks were also helpful, but she never tried, nor would she ever.

'Knife' was very happy to see her food and started to scarf it up the moment the plate hit her table. The cat paused to watch the scaly girl gobble up her meal. She was just too dang cute.

Unlike her new friend, Thrilly took her time with her meal. "I believe we're touring one of the griffon cities next.....Rockwington....I think....", she wisely took another sip from her glass. This was hot! The food wagons back at home might as well be kitten food compared to this! Maybe she should have ordered the mac and cheese as well. She heard the grey city was filled with artisans and pretty much anything was made there. Statues. Paintings. Lots of art!

"Hey uh....", 'Knife's face was now looking a little on the orange side. "What are we doing next....I mean.....We....Just as long as you don't mind me hanging around you that is..."

• Like 1

37evev.gif

The athletic Pegasus nodded her head at the idea of bread. A big piece of fluffy bread, with the holes engraved in the white texture and a deep, golden brown, crispy outside that could water anypony's mouth with even the simple smell of it. Yum. Daze had quite a sweet spot for some bread. Any bread. Sourdough, white, wheat, corn, pumpkin, literally any flavor and she was head over heals. It could be the plainest, most boring piece of bread and she'd still chomp down on the tasty food. So, she loved the idea of eating bread instead of drinking milk if she ever came across something way too spicy.

Funny, because it actually happened.

But before that, Daze noticed 'Knife' chow down really fast on her meal, which made Daze smile. "I'm glad you liked your food, ha." The Pegasus smiled cutely, then looking over at her feline pal. "Rockwington? I've never heard of it." The mare thought for a second. "But hey- I'm totally up for some exploration. Not gonna lie, I like learnin new things- or places."

Daze took a huge bite of her food right when 'Knife' asked her question. Like any 'ol stereotypical cartoon, her face turned tomato red, and fire quite literally shot out of her ears. "HOT! HOT! HOT!" Her wings shot open and she flew towards a large plate a waiter was holding, grabbing the large water jug and gulping down the clear liquid as quickly as possible. The mare then began to panic, as the spice wouldn't leave her gentle tongue. "Bread? Bread? I need bread!" Daze yelled, searching the small orange restaurant for her need. The dramatic girl flew into the kitchen, finding the quickest thing of bread she could find and ate it faster than her own speed. 

After she calmed down, she trotted back into open space with a guilty look on her face. "Uh- I'll pay for the bread." Her tongue was still aching from the high quantity of spice, and anyone could hear it from the way she talked. 

The cat paused to run her hand through the dragon’s odd bristle-like hair. Fins? Actual hair? Do dragons have hair? As tough as she tried to appear to be, Knife seemed to appreciate a little affection and leaned into the little pat. “So...since I was good.”, she smiled back at Thrilly, “Does that mean I get to have a desert?” Her smile deepened as the flying acro-cat nodded her head.

Kid’s desert menus always were kind of terrible. Usually one would find at the most four choices....And two of them weren’t really deserts. Milkshakes were not deserts. While they contained whip cream and ice-cream, nobody in the history of ever purchased a shake after their meal. They would have it with the meal. One hay burger and an vanilla shake. The fine ponies in Las Pegasus changed that when they started putting out giant shakes that includes a piece of cake, an cookie, a donut and an brownie on top. That was a desert. The other poor choice was apple slices. Ugh. The best choice for Knife was a ice cream sundae. It had both ice cream and an brownie along with hot fudge. The other choice was a piece of chocolate cake, but by then the dragon had made up her mind. “Ice cream!”

Once Thrilly had finished her meal, she quickly picked pumpkin curry.  “It’s a weird city.....Lots of large stone buildings....statues....I heard its residents had originally fled Griffonstone once it fell into ruin..", she smiled as her new friend decided to throw caution to the wind, "Everything is pretty much new to me in Canterlot.....", she gasped as Daze broke into an series of shenanigans.

"No....No...Don't drink water.. It's worse....Oh dear.", she gasped as she watched the Pegasus pony bounce about for a moment. Thankfully bread was there to save her...."Are you okay? Should we get you to a hospital? Not sure fire should have come out of your ears...", she quickly checked to make sure her comedy injuries did not translate into real injuries..."Maybe you should have some desert? Cold desert?'

Sevaya Kheer was yummy but it contained milk.  Maybe fried rice balls?

TruObVn.png?1

37n3t1.gif

Daze smiled at the idea of Rockwington. "Huh- those poor griffons. I wouldn't wanna be in their place." That's when the spice kicked in. 

It honestly felt like a million bees were stinging Daze's mouth. Like, each taste bud had it's own designated bee poking it's little pointy butt through. The Pegasus really just wanted to tear out her tongue, especially during the search to find something that'll cool her tongue off. Or her whole mouth off. Even her teeth burned. Can teeth burn? Whatever the case, the mare was sweating and panting and her tongue was sticking out like a dog in 90 degree weather. 

Luck struck her when she found the bread, chomping down with huge bites to calm her mouth down. She didn't know how much the bread was, especially after she ate like, the whole roll that was strung on the table in the kitchen. She was sure she had enough bits, but she wasn't planning on using it for a cool, relaxing move for her tongue. It was fine though, as the tan girl trotted out of the kitchen, face beat red and ready to take a big nap. 

And really, a huge gigantic nap. 

Daze made her way back to the table, her ears folded and looking at her two friends with a cheesy smile. "Haha, that was one wild ride." She looked at the desserts, thinking something sugary and sweet would make her feel better. "Well most of this stuff contains milk so-" She looked some more, making weird faces as the spice started slowly coming back. "How about some fried rice balls?"

“Oh boy.”, Thrilly groaned. The Pegasus pony really should have stuck to the foods with the ‘foal’ level of spice. She couldn’t drink milk and alcohol was off the table, so what else could she use? Then it dawned on her. What did Marey Poppins recommend? “How about taking just a spoonful of sugar?" Even honey would do well to neutralize the heat! By then, she had finally defeated the heat. Good job. And while she did not dare speak it, the cat was now very sure that Daze would make an incredible clown at her circus. She had the moves, the speed and the ability to amuse all with her hijinks.

"Right....Rice Balls.....Sevaya Kheer....And Bubble Gum Ice Cream....Weird...", she glanced over at the little dragon who could only grin back as she ordered. Once the waiter vanished back into his kitchen, Thrilly turned back to the pair. "So....What should we do after this? You two could use a little break...Maybe a quick, cat-nap....I think there's a nice little park near here...Little pond....Trees...Benches....", she glanced at a small pamphlet that exclaimed in big bold lettering, 'WHAT TO DO IN CANTERLOT'.... "There's also an very old book store nearby that according to this, is supposed to be haunted. Oo-oo!", she groaned like a ghost as she waved her hands about.

"Anyone else have any ideas?"
  • Like 1

3843kh.gif

"Yeah- yeah-, I'll take those rice ball thingies. Maybe seven of them. My tongue is still throbbing." Daze stuck out her tongue as it pounded, pouting at her oversized muscle. The Pegasus was really just a puppy. She get's into trouble, cries about it, then get's back to playing like nothing happened. She was an odd cupcake. 

As she waited for her desert, she continued sipping on some water with kinda cooled her gums. Not her tongue though. It was better than nothing. Talking seemed to keep her mind off of her oven mouth. "I literally have no idea what we can do. Somethin' fun though. Skydiving? Mountain climbing? Swimming with sharks?" Maybe that was a little too extreme, especially for the little dragon who joined their group. Too bad though, Daze would have a blast with all the thrill. 

Something made Daze's ear's perk up when Thrilly gave her examples. "A haunted book store? Uh- that sounds so cool." The mare grinned largely, as her rice balls made it to the table sooner than she thought. "That literally sounds like an absolute blast- blasting some ghosts, fighting evil entities. Ha! I bet little 'ol 'Knife' would have a swell time too."

• Like 1

yCHpXlo.png?5

The youngest member of the two pony staff arrived to pick up their dishes. “Excuse me Miss.”, she politely added, “I heard you cannot digest dairy products....So..”, she sighed, “Rice balls are not for you...At least in the traditional sense, so I will make them with coconut milk.", she paused to allow Daze to change her mind. Then she quickly took the others of the dragon and cat before vanishing back into the kitchen.

"Haunted library.....", The cat read from her brochure, "There's also a haunted movie theater....An not-haunted opera house....Ponyacci is performing....A very haunted Curio shop....Looks like there's a sale on cursed monkey paws and an Basano Vase.....Hmmm.", she skipped over a few things, "There's also a place called the 'House of Enchanted Comics' where apparently you can become a superhero in a comic book type world....Weird....."

As her last word was spoken, the deserts and the bill was quickly placed on the table.."That was quick...", Thrilly whispered.

Spoiler

OOC: Really not sure where I found the non-diary version of Rice Balls as they traditionally tend to be soaking in it..

• Like 1

38asxp.gif

Daze thought for a second, which was a really short second because she normally drank coconut milk instead of regular milk anyway. Well, she didn't actually drink it like water, but she'd have it with her cereal or make it with hot chocolate. Really, anything that had to use milk, she used a substitute for it. Whether it be coconut milk, almond milk, whatever other milk there is made out there she'd use. "Psh, coconut milk will be just fine." 

"I honestly wanna go to all of those. Dude, just finding some weirdo ghosts- or witches- or witch ghosts!" Daze was smiling a heap load, the idea of this 'ghost hunting' thing really excited the Pegasus. She could imagine finding the ghosts in some haunted museum, then getting all the praise when she caught them. Then, she'd be a famous ghost tracker. Or, she was just totally full of herself and just wanted some attention. Either way, it seemed fun. "I don't care where we go, I just want to find some scary stuff." 

As the bill was placed on the table, the athlete immediately took it for a look. "I mean, it's not as expensive as I thought. The bread was totally my fault though." She took out some bits, ready to pay for her food. She thought it would be rude if she didn't pay for the stuff she consumed, since she's the one who had the problem. 

• Like 1

5kzRZRs.png

“Ghosts?”, the little dragon spoke up, “An’t no such things as ghosts!", she huffed, “Mom said when we die, our bodies become pure energy and we are forever.....erm...” She never really thought about some of the crazy stuff her parents thought about. Or why she saw so many colors after she ate those weird brownies the other day. Wow her folks were weird. Thrilly glanced at her with her right eyebrow raised rather high. Knife glanced over at her with a grin.

“I mean...”, she waggled her front legs in the air. “Oo-oo! Scary ghosts and witches and then witch-ghosts....Oo-oo! I'm s-s-scared!" She quickly took care of her ice-cream the moment the bowl hit the table.

While she was sure that was going to bother the small creature's stomach, Thrilly shrugged her shoulders and had a taste of her own desert. She also made sure to pay the remaining part of the bill, even if it was just the tip.

"We should check out the 'House'. If it's magic stuff like it says, we could at least run off all the extra calories from this wonderful meal we just had...And maybe they might have a horror magic comic...Or something else. We will have to see..", the cat added.

Spoiler

OOC: One more post if you wish from you before they leave the restaurant and try to find this 'House Of Enchanted Comics'.

• Like 1

38ymck.gif

Daze scoffed at the little dragon's answer. The Pegasus knew for a fact ghosts and scary ghouls and such were real! She has had a million encounters with those things. Ever sinceShe  she was little, she saw little creepy things chilling out in her closet, ready to take her away in some vortex that shot out of the back.. maybe that was her little filly imagination, but this was Equestria. There was weird magic and horror inducing sights everywhere. 

Thinking about her answer, Daze shot back with, "Ha! Trust me, little dude. My old house back then, when I was probably your age, there were creepy little instances that happened every so often. That house was haunted, bro." She shivered dramatically. "Like one night, me and my twin sister were sleeping, and we heard this crazy loud sound. I was the first to get up, but she followed by a close second. She opened the closet door with her magic or whatever, and there was a fat hole just chillin' there at the end. And we swore we'd never see the hole. Then a creepy little eyeball became visible, and lemme tell you, we never screamed louder." 

She quickly laughed, thinking about the memory still kinda freaked her out. "I remember my dad came flying in with a bat, but the little eyeball was gone. I slept in their room for weeks." She then shrugged, looking at the dragon. "But hey, you're tough anyway." 

Daze paid her part of the bill and looked back at her two friends. "I like your thinkin', Thrill! Let's get a move on so we don't burn daylight." The Pegasus tipped the waiter, then flew out of the restaurant. "So, you know the address of this place?"

5kzRZRs.png

Dude? The little dragon growled, “I’m not a dude..I’m a girl! And hey....One of these days I’ll be really big like Torch. But bigger!”, she paused to blow a bubble. “And I’ll...erp...”, her bubble promptly popped in her face.  “Natter natter! Grommish grommish!”, the little creature tried to speak, but was only able to mumble as the gum, gummed her up. Thrilly helped to remove the gum from the poor little ‘Knife’

"Yeah.", Thrilly pulled out the small ATTRACTIONS pamphlet. "I really like how Canterlot is set up....They have the original residential area....Built after the Sister's castle.....Lots of large old manor homes....And then the new homes...And the restaurant district.....And one that was filled with common stores..Grocery stores...Laundromat...Fashion districts...And then the entertainment area....Which we were already in..."

She paused to let out a gasp. They had already paid for their meal, cleaned up Knife and were already outside.. "Didn't realize we were moving..Weird....The Entertainment district has a few stadiums and some cool shops...And the 'House'. We should hail a cab."

And that she did.

"So...It says we can pick from a world of comics to explore....Horror....Superhero.....Romance...er...no...sweet whiskers...", she gagged, "No...Military....Giant monster...Fantasy..Kids....", where everything was colorful and all the characters had big heads..Ugh..."And karate.....What do you guys want to try?"
  • Like 1

39gdlz.gif

"Okay- okay, chill out dudette," she forced, a little taken aback from the little dragon. The Pegasus couldn't help but lead on a teasing smirk after her words, which made her look rather attractive. "I've never heard of this Torch guy, but you're pretty small. Smaller than a filly." Daze shrugged, looking back at her fellow feline friend as she opened up the pamphlet that struck Daze's curiosity.

"Well, I'm sure Canterlot has been here for many many years. Of course it's gonna look awesome like this- and well organized. It's kinda easy to find somethin' you're looking for." She got closer to Thrilly, looking over her shoulder to see all the different buildings the large city held. 

Sooner or later, they were outside the restaurant, already paying and all that adult fun stuff. The tan Pegasus was flying in the air, looking straight ahead at the long road that probably stretched right through the town. "Yeah, a cab will work." 

Daze thought for a second at Thrilly's question, and she just turned to her with a large smile. "Horror is the first thing I wanna try. Something about getting the crap scared out of me sounds sweet."

• Like 1

dYBZAP7.png?1

“Says here Canterlot is one of the oldest cities in the world and is the sixth greatest producer of shower curtain hooks in all of Equestria!", the cat read from her pamphlet before sliding it into her pocket. Like a pro, she stepped near the road and waited.....And waited.

In a few moments, or two Knife yawns, a cab, pulled by an uniformed mare, Thrilly stood closer to the curb and waved her hand at the taxi, who stopped.

“'House of Enchanted Comics, please.", the flying acrobat asked the cabby who started off right away.

"So....",she turned her attention back to the pair. 'We're doing horror? Guess we can start off with something spooky. Then maybe a super-hero comics? Maybe a romantic comic?", she could not help but be surprised when the little dragon nodded her head at the thought. "Really? I was kind of joking..You want to be in a romance comic?"

The dragon nodded her head once again, "There's nothing wrong with me liking romantic stuff....:People are happy when it's all romantic...", the dragon huffed.

It took awhile, but the cab was soon at THE HOUSE OF THE ENCHANTED COMICS shop. Knife was slightly disappointed. "Looks like a regular comic store to me.", she grumbled, "Even has a fake oversized comic book rack and shelves outside in case you don't catch the sign."

8xG1Xvx.png?1

Spoiler

OOC: Wanted to get to the shop...Feel free to sprinkle conversations and actions where you see fit!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3an07z.gif

The trio stood at the edge of the road for what seemed like forever. Daze just kept her golden eyes on the sun, watching it tick by with all the passing seconds. She kept in her head, mostly thinking about what this store would look like. It was either going to look really creepy, or really silly. She was very curious to see, and was met with relief when the taxi showed up in front of them. 

Thrilly did the talking to the cab driver, as the Pegasus hopped into the taxi. She sat at the edge, looking around the town as the thing with wheels began to drive them to their destination. "Let's definitely do horror first. That sounds the most appealing." She then glanced at the little dragon, smirking. "Romance, huh? We can do that second."

They finally made their way to the comic shop, which looked pretty silly and basic for Daze's standings. "This doesn't really look like the place for like- haunted things. It looks kinda- fake?" The Pegasus hopped off the taxi, turning around and saying her thanks. She waited for the other two, then flew towards the door. "This doesn't look too promising, but I see a crap ton of ponies in the store. It must be popular then, yeah?"

7zxTej3.png?1

Once their fare had been paid for and the threesome hopped off the taxi, the cat glanced down at her handy pamphlet. "Says here, the fake comic book racks and shelves are just decoration, and more importantly, the owners were tired of ponies taking pictures in his shop, so he made those so pictures can be taken without interrupting his customers. We'll have to take a few after we're done. Cause I really want to have a few prints of you two crazy girls so I can show my friends and family back at the circus. Show them I spent time with the best pony and best dragon.", flattery was the easiest way to get to Knife's heart as she turned a shade of pink.

This did not last, as she noticed a pair of pony fillies who were staring at a camera making 'duck faces.' "THAT IS NEVER ATTRACTIVE!', the dragon roared. This did not faze the girls who rolled their eyes up, "Whatever!"

brZgh4c.png?2

Thankfully, the three were soon in the store and it was very busy! There were ponies, griffons, and other creatures checking out the racks. Buying comics, figures and other goodies. A young colt was there to welcome them. He was a fuzzy brown Pegasus pony who wore blue uniform shirt like the other employees. On his name tag, it said. TEMP.

"Hi, I'm Fast Track....", he paused as he noticed the strange looks on at least two of their faces. "I know what you're thinking...Kid working at a big store like this...I'm just here to help my cousin Near Mint. She got sick, so they let me work here cause we're really busy.", he nimbly dogged an rather serious looking stallion who carried what seemed to be every sing issue of Power Ponies. "If you need any help...", before he could finish what he was saying, Thrilly spoke up.

"Take us to those comics that let us enter 'em. Like what this pamphlet says..We want to experience it all.", her eyes grew big. She was ready!

"Er, right. Follow me...", Fast Track lead the three into a long hallway. "We have horror...superheroes...romance...westerns...Pre-Equestria history....", as they walked, they passed doors with what appeared to be icons. A cape for superheroes, a cowpony hat for westerns, etc. "There's science fiction, zombies, spies....Once you've figured out what you want, just tell me. It's twenty bits a head....I'll give you a key,you enter the room, all three of you must touch the comic inside by ten seconds and walla!", he added, "You either finish the comic by beating it, or if you get die...um, lose. And if you need to leave the comic for any reason, just shout out. LET ME OUT and my name. The bathroom's on the right."

Both the cat and dragon glanced over at Daze. "You get to pick first.."
Spoiler

OOC: That was the only picture I could find of the comic shop. Which was from the mobile pony game.

And also, hey! It's an guest appearance from Fast Track, one of my characters I really need to use more! He's here cause I couldn't find a good image of a comic book geek type pony

And I made your character figure out what comic she wanted for like the third or forth time as I didn't want to type to much and I need to get to bed...I sleepy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

3d5k8c.gif

The comic shop was way busier than the mare expected. Species of all kinds were all around the large shop, looking at all the goodies and toys and comics. The inside of it looked straight out of a children's book. Everything was so colorful and bright, it kind of made Daze smile. When she was a little 'ol fluffy filly, she loved going to places like these. Her dad would take her and her sisters to pick out a toy, and Daze would always come out with some stuffed animal. 

The trio were immediately met with a cute little brown Pegasus colt, who seemed like the nerdy type to be working in a store like this. The tan Pegasus raised her eyebrow about the idea of a colt working, and as she was about to say something about it, he interrupted her. Well, that answered her question. 

Sooner or later, they were at the entrance of a long hallway. Daze was barely off the ground and she floated above the ground, looking around with her curious golden eyes. "Ha! Is this hallway supposed to intimidate us?" The little colt began to tell them about all the different types of comics, and Daze just said, "Horror, we're lookin' for something terrifying." 

They ended up in front of a door with a little icon showing a grave, which made Daze's mind run from questions. "A grave, huh? Is this one gonna try and literally kill us the whole time? Or scare us until our hearts give out? Because that sounds like a challenge to me." The smirk on Daze's face grew largely, as she floated next to the door and looked at the other two. "We going in this one? It seems the most out there."

Spoiler

No worries! I really like the design of Fast Track, he's super cute. 

I'm sorry for the late reply, haha. Been a little busy. 

• Like 1

brZgh4c.png?2

The little colt turned a slight shade of red. “Oh dear.”, he gulped. “Almost forgot the most important part of my job....The actual comics..”, he pulled out a small binder. It was marked HORROR COMICS. And since everything needed a scale that used cute ponies, there was a chart that listed how scary a comic was. One was listed as ‘Not So Scary Horror’, the icon for this level was a happy little colt standing next to an equally adorable sheet ghost. No actual horror was going on. The 5th and final level simply had an terrified adult pony in full horror and blush.

“Why is that pony blushing?”, the little dragon asked.

“Well, that pony was so scared he had a little accident in his pants.”, the colt responded rather dryly, “Normally you would get to pick which of the five comics you wish to interact with. However.”, he pulled out a comic enclosed in an white sleeve with a big number one on it. “Since your group consists of an young cat girl and a baby dragon...”

If looks could kill, Knife would have been a mass murderer by now.

“You are only allowed to use the first level of horror...”, he opened up the sleeve and pulled out a rather colorful comic. “Lickety-Split's Not At All Scary Adventures In Sugar-Land", he slid the comic back into its sleeve and started to hoof it over to Daze before something or someone crashed into the little pony who let out an squeak as he fell. Along with Fast Track, the sleeved comics fell to the ground.

dbhIXcg.png

"Oh.....Sorry there Mister Track...", it was the cat who stumbled into the poor creature. "Was distracted by something over there and I ran into you...Let me help you with the comics.", after a few moments of fumbling about, Thrilly ended up with the level one horror comic. "Got it.", she waved it at the Pegasus who nodded his head.

"Thank you....Good luck with the spooky...", he made air-quotes with his hooves. "Adventure..And I know from experience that the Sweet 'N' Sugar Ghosts might be a little too scary for the little ones, so if your baby dragon gets a littlie too scared, feel free to exit when you wish.', he smiled at the threesome before exciting down the hallway.

Knife was besides herself. "This is going to terrible! Sugar ghosts! Not at all scary! I wanna go back and slap that dumb kid......", she glanced over at the cat who was giving her the 'look. "What?"

The cat slowly pulled out the comic from the first level sleeve. It was a different comic. The titled read. EosWp5q.png, she slid it back into its sleeve. "Switched it....Nobody's sneakier than a cat...", she lead the pair into the next room...They needed to find a place to sit, open the comic and soon they would enter an new world of....terror...

• Like 1

3dq3zr.gif

Daze flew above the three, staring at the little colt who held a bunch of horror comics, all different levels of scary. She was about to grab the whole pile, until he already grabbed one as her two friends were a cat and a baby dragon. Perfect, a little colt was telling two adults, and a dragon, what they could read. The Pegasus just kept her mouth shut though, as she hung her shoulders slightly lower than they were in defeat. 

She was going to be stuck with some dumb little kid's comic, and wouldn't be able to actually be scared. At this point, she would rather be stuck in some romance comic, with some dude who probably was perfect in everyway, but Daze wasn't into dudes. That would be awkward. 

Finally, Daze had to say something about the comic, "Look- little dude. I ain't about to hop into some weirdo little kid's comic that's full of rainbows and lollipops when I can get eaten by a zombie in another comic, so-" she was cut off when there suddenly was a collision in front of her. Her eyes widened, then she couldn't help but let out a chuckle when she noticed it was her clumsy little cat friend. Thrilly ended up picking up the comic, and as Track left the three of them alone, Daze flew right by the feline. "Nice job wavering off that guy! I thought we were gonna get stuck in some filly cartoon. No thanks to that." 

The Pegasus turned to Knife with a huge grin on her face. "That little colt really thought you were a baby, huh? I know you're tougher than some little kid who reads about Lickety-Split and 'Sugarland'. I bet you won't even get scared with the real stuff we're doing."

Daze watched as her feline friend pulled out a different comic, a comic Daze could definitely wrap her head around. "Now that's perfect. I think there's a place across the hallway for us to- y'know- get in some bloody action." The Pegasus began to fly down the hall, looking for an opening of seats and tables. When she spotted a spot, she led the group to the first table she saw. "Okay, hand me that comic and let's get going."

• 4 weeks later...

EDb4sp8.jpg

Once the comic was in it’s place, an assortment of magical lights appeared and disappeared. In moments, the three were no longer in the room, but they were staring at the first page of the comic with the “Blood Death Manor 2” logo and the image of a creepy old house.

Both the dragon and cat’s eyes light up as they saw the home.

“Oooh!”, Knife was the first to react. “I know this place! Oooh!”, the dragon bounced up and down. “This is the creepy Haunted Stables ride at Whinny World!”, this caused the cat to react in surprise.

“My big brother Dagon and I rode it a bunch of times.....”, she was very happy to see the old house, “Mom and Dad took us to Coltifornia for one of their conventions, and let us go to the nearby theme park...And while they had Sploosh Mountain which was fun, we kept coming back to the creepy old house.", There was a small set of instructions by the flat image of the house.

"This is really cool. This couple move into this big mansion and one finds out.....", she was quickly cut off by the cat.

dbhIXcg.png

"Hey!", she growled. "Don't ruin it..", she pointed at the rules. "Not sure if Daze has been on the ride yet....So don't spoil it.", she pointed to the board. "This is one of the comics that gives us extra points for playing our parts as this isn't just us going to a haunted house, we are playing characters from the original, family-un-friendly version of the ride that Claude Goats wanted...Spooky, but they watered it down a bit to make it suitable for every creature", she sighed. "Claude later published his original story in both book and comic book form."

The three were now wearing different clothing than before.

Daze was now wearing an horizontally striped yellow and blue t-shirt and blue short-pants, with white socks and red horse-shoes along with an red cap with a blue bill.

"You're now Golly Hooves. An happy-go-lucky teen with a dream of playing it big at Hoof-Ball. You're super brave and more than ready to take on a bully and give him 'what-for'."

The dragon started to chuckle. "Heh. Golly Hooves."

The cat continued, "Knife, you're his little brother, Bratty Hooves.", this caused the dragon to let out a groan. She was wearing similar clothes to her 'big brother', except her shirt was white and red. She also wore her cap backwards!

"You're an rambunctious kid who is kind of er....", she was trying to find the right word. "Er. Dumb. You're more than happy to blunder into trouble, which only your big brother can pull you out of."

"I am.", she glanced down at her clothing. She wore an plaid pleated skirt, with a pair of white bobby socks, a pair of Penny Loafers and an nice dress shirt. "Just says I'm the girl...Ugh. Golly Hooves' number one girl.", she cringed as the name was read. "Boopsy Belle. Oh sweet mercy.", after giving the dragon a horrible glare, DARING her to laugh, the cat continued to read the instructions. "We get more points if we act like this characters. And this story was written years ago..Back then when ponies would attend sock-hops and said "Gee-Whiz" a lot.  So Golly. You're a hero.", she turned to the Pegasus pony. "You're always saving our useless behinds from all kinds of danger and you're full of Pep and Vinegar. Whatever that means.  While, I'm the 'Girl'. I'm actually a good deal more useless than Bratty...Everything scares me, and I have to whine constantly....Bratty.", she looked over at Knife. "You're not afraid of anything and will constantly go running towards spooky sounds, creaky doors and squeaky floors. If you see a ghost or other monster, you have to charge towards it while shouting,  "Let me at 'em"

"To win this comic, we have to survive the house till sunrise. We loose a ton of points if Bratty or Boopsy dies...But if all three of us die, we lose. Got it?"

Once Daze was ready, they entered through the first page and into the comic.....
  • Like 1

3fx5zj.gif

Once it was dark in the room, the trio stared at the first page. There stood a huge house, which struck the dragon and cat as familiar. Daze just stared at it, tilting her head in confusion. She didn't really know what all they were talking about, until Thrilly brought up "Sploosh Mountain", and Daze couldn't help but let out an, "Ohhhhh." The other two talked about their memories at the amusement park, which made Daze's memories come back to her. "Celestia, I feel old. I haven't been to Coltifornia since I was a little foal. Me and my family went together, I'm pretty sure my mom was still pregnant with my little sister." The Pegasus shrugged, keeping her gaze on the creepy house. "I only remember going on Sploosh Mountain. Me and my twin rode that ride five hundred times before finally leaving. I don't think I went in that house, though." 

She let the two girls nerd out about the house, as she let out a chuckle. Suddenly, she felt something different. She looked down to find herself wearing odd clothing, definitely something she'd never wear.

3fxc35.gif

"A character, huh? Who am I being?" She let Thrilly answer, and the Pegasus just nodded her head. "Golly Hooves. That has a nice ring to it. And like- I'm already brave and totally not scared of anything, so that works out. And I'm pret-ty athletic, so this character fits me wonders."

Daze let out a gigantic laugh when she heard what the little dragon was. "Ha! Guess this means I need to watch you at every second, huh? So you don't get your little butt in trouble? I'll just call you 'Brat' for short. Cool with you?" She didn't let the little dragon answer, before she said, "Good."

The Pegasus thought she was done laughing, until she heard what Thrilly was being. Oh, man. This story was comedy gold. "Bwah! Hahaha, this is gonna be so awesome. You're my girl, and you're my little brother. This story is a gem." Daze held in most of her laughter, though, as Thrilly explained how they all needed to act. "The hero role is somethin' I can do. Easy." Her signature grin lit her face, as she raised her shoulders in braveness. "This will be a piece of cake. It doesn't even seem that scary. We just have to go kick some ghostly flank, and make sure none of us die. Just gotta play it safe- and stay in character."

All three were ready, and soon enough, the athletic Pegasus found herself in an unfamiliar, dark place. This got her blood pumping though, as she realized they were finally in the comic. 

• Like 1