A Party Forms! (Open, ATTN: TacoBob)

SilverSwirl

Silverbolt made his return to Ponyville with a flapping of wings. It had been a long time since he had come back to this place, his wayward rambling and courier routes keeping him from coming to visit. He had owed his mother a visit but it would have to wait. He had heard some rumors through a rather frequent client of the courier service, Pocket Change. As he landed, he chuckled to himself. He still recalled that whole mess with the bugs and Pocket. What a fine mess that he narrowly avoided! The rumors he had heard was of some sort of old treasure or artifact being hidden somewhere far away from Ponyville but wanted to meet him here, mostly away from prying eyes and ears.

There was some prudence in choosing Ponyville, it was home to Princess Twilight and still sleepy enough that as long as you avoided the Crystal Tree you could speak in relative privacy. At least that was what he could gather from his somewhat cursory overview of the town. He trotted towards the appointed meeting place, wearing his courier uniform and carrying a package. The package was shifted to his back as he now waited for Pocket to arrive. Their meeting place was at the edge of town, heading towards Sweet Apple Acres. He yawned as he now sat down, waiting for the arrival of the white coated unicorn stallion. There was definitely an air of excitement about him as he considered the potential for fame and glory. Perhaps he could hang up the courier's sack for a time if things went well!

Spoiler

• Like 4

2JpqytA.png?1

Ah. Ponyville. The biggest little village in all of Equestria.

As the stallion retrieved his pack and trotted off the train, he surveyed the village. It was a good deal bigger than when he was last in town. There was now a giant freaking castle that appeared to have been snatched from the Crystal Empire. Nearby was a very impressive looking school that might as well be an high school. But they considered it a 'school of friendship'. Fine. His sister's friend Fire Walker worked and even lived at that castle. Hopefully he would not run into her as not only did she live in FREAKING CASTLE, she was also marrying a billionaire. He had heard more than enough from his identical sibling, and he did not need to hear it from her. Ol' Miss Braggy Pants.

The last time he was here.....He had enjoyed a leisurely afternoon at Sweet Apple Acres. A small event had been held to sell apples. Buy an bag of apples and receive a kiss from the farmer's daughter, Applejack. Thankfully this was before he became a 'thing' with his current beloved. But he doubted she would have minded. He remembered that part rather well. The apple farmer smelled like her croup of choice, crossed with sweat and what he assumed was 'Sassy Horse' body-spray. But what else had he done that day? He had run into the pony that had invited him over. Silverbolt. Skinny guy. Worked as a mail-pony. Maybe? While he had a good job, he always was looking for a little adventure. Something beyond 'Whinny World'.

As he pondered a somewhat lost memory...Pocket Change watched as a friendly bee buzzed near his snout. Oh how he loved honey. Especially the kind they mind in the south....They call it Tupelo....Tastes like cotton candy...:Pinkie Pie....Oh...Now he remembered. There was that strange place with the weird bug pony and Pinkie...And also Silverbolt. And the Whitetail Woods. He got lost in the woods and was stung by stinging bugs. Not a memory that needed bringing up.

The unicorn let out a sigh. Hopefully they will be avoiding the angry insects this time around. One could hope.

As he neared the massive farm, he quickly spotted the cobalt Pegasus. "Hello Mister Bolt..", he shouted as he drew near. Weird, he was still dressed for work and had a package. had he come too early?
  • Like 2

Silverbolt gave a grin as he saw a familiar face come over the hill. He gave a wave as Pocket called out to him and quickly rose from his seated position. He trotted over and set the package down before Pocket. "I made it, Mister Change. I did have to stop and get some supplies for the journey ahead. Didn't have a chance to change out of my uniform.", he replied with a sheepish grin and rubbed his forehead. He fluttered his wings as he began to open the package for Pocket Change.

Inside the package there was a set of durable, portable camping equipment. There was also a small sword and dagger. You never knew when you'd need to defend yourself. He had been taking a few classes on the side in various regions he had layovers in so he had some confidence in his abilities. He shed his courier uniform and packed up the gear into the saddlebags he had brought. He tossed on the traveling gear that had been in the package, pulling the goggles over his eyes and gave another small grin. "I got what we needed to get started but we may need to resupply along the way. Now you had mentioned that you had heard of something lost out in the snows of The Crystal Empire?", he added with a brightness in his brown eyes.

He personally had not been out that way in a long time, if at all. The wings of the air courier service seldom went much farther than the Crystal Spire. If there was something out there for them to find, it'd be a grand discovery indeed! The very thought of it excited him. Regardless of dangers, at the very least it would keep him free from boredom. There was a small bit of anxiety and trepidation regarding the whole thing as if he were to be injured, it'd be much worse or dangerous than that rogue cloud in the Everfree Forest. "Care for some dinner? I'm supposed to pay Sunrise Wisp a visit.", he said with an offered hoof of invitation.

Spoiler

• Like 1

2JpqytA.png?1

"Yes. You can't go very far without the right equipment...oh.", he was rather surprised to see actual, real weapons. These were always completely forbidden in college funded digs. And frowned on even at private jobs. "Thankfully we live in a time where those for the most part are unnecessary." If something really horrible comes up, he could at least bonk 'em on the head with his hilt. The unicorn had magic that could be used to stop an foe, but nothing that could do any permanent damage. Although, if one thought it through enough, even an normally harmless spell could do some damage. A spell-caster's most basic spell, telekinesis could do some major hurting when cast by an creative unicorn.

Had he mentioned his little journey on the Polar Star? "That seemed like an lifetime ago..", the stallion sighed, "My colleges, Ember Spark, Cleverboots, Emerath and I  discovered a rather impressive tower...And this was before the Crystal Empire had returned mind you...But we found this impressive tower in the middle of the northern mountains.. It was inhabited by a tribe of white griffons....Beautiful creatures....They were standing guard...Waiting for an great kingdom to return...And it did...Eventually.."

"When the Crystal Empire returned, we returned to the tower and it appeared to have been deserted...I hope the griffons had left their home to alert the rest of the world of the Kingdom's return...We did find a few other interesting areas to explore later.."

The unicorn could not help but smile when dinner was mentioned. He was a sucker for a free meal. "Sounds like a plan..."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Silverbolt listened intently to Pocket's tale, a smile forming on his face. A Tower and surrounding areas in the far reaches of the Empire? One that was now abandoned by Griffons? Where did he need to sign? He was completely on board with this adventure. He gathered up the gear and stowed it in his saddlebags. "Definitely! We can discuss this further on the train but first we must eat and rest up for the journey ahead.", he responded as he took the lead.

He guided Pocket back towards the town and to a rather small building near the center of town. There was a sign that read, "Dr. Wisp's Dental Clinic.". He gave a smile and said, "This is my home away from home. She's expecting me to arrive.". He pulled a key from his saddlebag and put in the lock, turning it and opening the door. He entered the darkened clinic and gestured for Pocket to enter with him. The lights suddenly came on and there was a soft cough. He froze and gave a cry of surprise before he looked up to see the short and stocky frame of his mother standing at the other side of the lobby. "It's about time you came to visit! I've been worried sick about you ever since they put you on those wider runs!", she said with a frown that softened to a smile.

He quickly regained his composure and gave a grin. "Well, I'm here now and in one piece still! I brought a friend. I'm taking some much needed time off. Is he welcome to dinner?", he responded as he stood aside to allow her to have a look at Pocket Change. She furrowed her brow and looked the unicorn over from her position by the door to the loft area of the building. She hemmed and hawed a bit before smiling a bit. "Well, if you're a friend of my son's, you can stay for some food and perhaps rest. He normally drops in for dinner and heads off to Cloudsdale to sleep. I'll get everything ready and call for you.", she said before she turned around and headed upstairs towards the living area.

2JpqytA.png?1

The unicorn stopped dead in his tracks as he noticed what sort of doctor this Sunrise Wisp was. A dentist doctor.....He could almost hear the drills. And the constant order to FLOSS. Thankfully his scheduled yearly appointment with Dr Scrivello was not up till later towards the end of the year. "Your home away from home is an d-dentist office?" Pocket Change would have preferred an evil temple or darken crypt over such a place! He was almost sure he could smell that burning smells those horrible teeth drills make.  He could not help but shudder a little as the stallion got out his key.

The already skittish pony nearly leaped out of his horseshoes with the sudden appearance of.....The dentist. Who, for some reason was lurking in the darkness. Was this a normal thing for dentists? They creep about, looking for ponies who forgot to floss. No lollipop for you little colt! I need to take out my drill. MWAH-HA-HA-HA!!

Since Ponyville was too small for any real districts, most lived in the same building they operated their business at. Oh, how things would be nicer if his partner was related to the Cake family. He would be able to wake up to the smell of muffins being born. Sigh. Still, he could not help but feel a little silly. Like back in the days of this youth...When his old friends Whizz Kidd or High Brow wanted Pocket to stay the night...And he had to ask a parent..And that parent told him to ask the other one...

"Thank you Doctor Wisp....For everything...", he smiled  back at the mare. As he watched the pony canter away, he could not help but feel rather guilty. When was the last time he visited his folks? Hearth's Warming Eve? Dad always made a good eggnog.

"Well then...", the unicorn glanced about the room, "You don't mind if we go somewhere...That's not the dentist office section?" Hopefully they had a nice living room with no drills or those horrible chairs. Or that sink they make you spit into but you usually end up spitting everywhere but the sink due to being full of novacane.