The Peryton King needs a Royal Herd (and also friends)

jI0zTY0.png

Hail to King Oisin - Newly crowned lord of the Emerald Grove on the Velvet Strand, the land of the Perytons!

After fussing with a concept and building up some unofficial lore, my newest character - King Oisin is here! And as the new King he needs both allies in and outside of his kin's little realm in the Velvet Strand of all kinds! He could also use the friendship and advice of other leaders to aid him in understanding the best way of ruling his people fairly and how to treat those not of his own kind (Peryton's tend to have a bit of an ego due to their magic and it'd be nice to see him humble up before he got too big for his antlers.)

But of all things, I'm curious if people would want to become part of a Royal Herd for the Emerald Grove - part of Oisin's support, royal council and maybe even someone to reign him in. None of them have to specifically be Perytons given the Velvet Strand is inhabited by Ponies who respect the land and I'm curious if it peaks anyone's interests to be part of Oisin's family, entourage or friendgroup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Royal Herd (where you can read up on history wise under the Emerald Grove above) consists of;

• The Royal Family including parents or siblings of the current monarch and possibly even the future betrothed of the current monarch.

• The Royal Council (not all have to be Perytons given the inhabitants of the Velvet Strand) who advise the current monarch of what they should try to achieve during their time as King or Queen, though it's the royal's decision at the end of the day, the Royal Council's advise is always appreciated.

• The Royal Entourage consisting of varied aristocracy, jesters, royal cultivators and the like.

• Servants and 'guards' who are more non-violent people who ask creatures to 'move along'.

• And close friends of the family that may not exactly be Perytons.

If people are interested in specific role or can think up something that would fit for one I'd love to see it!

Spoiler

Taken Roles:

N/A

What I'm looking for Oisin specifically;

• I'd love to see Oisin interact or have diplomatic meetings with other lands in and outside of Equestria.

• I'd want to see how this little green nerd interacts with other creatures, ponies, hippogriffs, changelings, etc.

• I'd love to see how other creatures react to his compliments and sappy flirting.

• This boy needs friends to help make sure he doesn't end up in a ditch somewhere or getting too overwhelmed with royal duties. Show him the fun side of life.

• As unlikely as it might be, seeing him get someone to love him/him to love or even having a betrothed and keeping a reign on his manners would be very cute but not entirely necessary.

And uhhh yeah, that's it for now, if I can think of anything else I'll add it later. <3

• Like 1

Since I feel I am to blame for King Oisin's existence, I'll offer some RP partnering possibilities:

• Lími - Resides in Canterlot as a de facto ambassador for the Viking Caribou, making him somebody the Peryton King should consider getting to be acquainted with.
  • Princess Cadence - If the Peryton King is feeling particularly cocky, he can attempt flirting with the Crystal Princess (double bravery points if Shining Armor's around). Should a wiser head prevail, Oisin should definitely think about writing a letter for advice.
  • Empress Yuè - The most eligible bachelorette in all the Known World. Assuming competing against a Serpent King and a devoted Imperial Watcher aren't issues, the Peryton King is more than welcome to throw his hat into this romantic clusterstorm.
  • Like 1

I’ve got various royals to through in here. There’s Phobos: leader of his house in Kastrot, Ishi: brother of the shogun of Neighpon, Anu: former alpha of a pack of diamond dogs in Saddle Arabia, Revma: kelpie king, and Huo: not really a royal himself but he’s part of the cabinet of the Longs. 

I could also make new characters for positions in his family/cabinet/lover

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Since I feel I am to blame for King Oisin's existence, I'll offer some RP partnering possibilities:

• Lími - Resides in Canterlot as a de facto ambassador for the Viking Caribou, making him somebody the Peryton King should consider getting to be acquainted with.
  • Princess Cadence - If the Peryton King is feeling particularly cocky, he can attempt flirting with the Crystal Princess (double bravery points if Shining Armor's around). Should a wiser head prevail, Oisin should definitely think about writing a letter for advice.
  • Empress Yuè - The most eligible bachelorette in all the Known World. Assuming competing against a Serpent King and a devoted Imperial Watcher aren't issues, the Peryton King is more than welcome to throw his hat into this romantic clusterstorm.

Ooooo all tasty choices, I'd love to see how Oisin bounces off all of them, especially Princess Cadence and poor Empress Yue. <xD

27 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

I’ve got various royals to through in here. There’s Phobos: leader of his house in Kastrot, Ishi: brother of the shogun of Neighpon, Anu: former alpha of a pack of diamond dogs in Saddle Arabia, Revma: kelpie king, and Huo: not really a royal himself but he’s part of the cabinet of the Longs. 

I could also make new characters for positions in his family/cabinet/lover

Those all sound fantastic! :D<3 

And it's up to you, I'm not forcing you to - but if you have an idea I'd love to hear it.

• Like 2

If you're interested in having Oisin meet the Empress in a formal setting, I suggest posting here (even if it means committing a grave act of thread necromancy). It'll save me the trouble of having to write up an entirely new OP, haha.

PS: if you do post in that thread, just assume your King presents himself to the Imperial Court on a far later date then everything else in that RP so far.

3 hours ago, Bellosh said:

If you're interested in having Oisin meet the Empress in a formal setting, I suggest posting here (even if it means committing a grave act of thread necromancy). It'll save me the trouble of having to write up an entirely new OP, haha.

PS: if you do post in that thread, just assume your King presents himself to the Imperial Court on a far later date then everything else in that RP so far.

Oooo I'll get right on it!

1 hour ago, SteelEagle said:

Twi is always happy to meet with the king!

And the new King is more than happy to meet the Princess of Friendship!

• 4 weeks later...

I myself may offer my main - Swift Squall. Squall is a Count of Fillydelphia and one of the descendants of Princess Platinum, but he is far from idle noble.

Ex-solider, former mercenary,  billionaire, philanthropist, globetrotter and adventurer - if a job required the use of the sword he certainly did it in the past. He is also very business savvy, being one of richest beings in the world making him a right pony to go for economic advice.

He has taken about himself to better the lot of ponies of Equestria, both through his business expansion -  to propel economy if his homeland thus improving nations welfare - but also as an agent of EPIC - a organization answerable only to four Princesses that deals with threats both internal and external.

Swift takes his responsibilities seriously, but also has unquenchable thirst of adventure and thrills - this he is always on lookout for excuse good enough to pack his sword and jump into yet another quest. Here is his application, but warning, it's a quite wall of text.

I could see my main, Aero Dynamic, being a helpful point of contact. He is former royal guard and it would be pretty on brand for him to want to expand his own sphere of influence. Unsure what circumstances they would meet or even how close they could be as friends but it'll be fun to find out!