Shine with Sunset Shimmer!

RRhqIJw.png

Oh look, another OOC thread by me. In case you don't know already, I've recently apped Sunset Shimmer. The thing with her is that while she'll pop by Ponyville occasionally to speak at the local School of Friendship, she spends the vast majority of her time in a place not found on any map in the Known World, heh heh. Therefore, for the most part, I'm primarily interested in establishing past acquaintanceships and family connections for my fiery unicorn in this OOC thread. Note that with due to the nature of Sunset's past, she wouldn't have closely bonded with the vast majority of ponies from her past. As a matter of fact, there would be a good probability of them not being fondly remembered at all. That being said, let's get this ball rolling:

-----------

Family Members - Mom and Dad must be Hope Hollow residents, although distant relations might live elsewhere. Sunset has bitter memories of her parents, so don't expect a warm relationship to start with.

Residents of Hope Hollow - With only a couple possible exceptions, Sunset Shimmer won't have fond memories of her fellow townsponies either, especially those from her own age group. Any character who was introduced in the Rainbow Roadtrip special is fair game, so I strongly suggest watching it first. The more Hope Hollow ponies that get apped, the more likely that Sunset will end up making a return trip to her forgotten hometown one day.

Faculty & Graduates of the School for Gifted Unicorns - Sunset Shimmer will have more agnostic feelings towards those she met during her time as Princess Celestia's prized pupil. Any magic school student intended to be slightly older than Twilight Sparkle is eligible for this category. Note that while Sunset never made any friends at Celestia's School, she never became a bully until after she dropped out and abandoned Equestria, so keep that in mind.

Those With Crushes on Sunset - While theoretically anypony from Sunset's past who's of the same age can fit this role, all characters who reside in Ponyville, the School of Friendship, or Canterlot (but mainly the first two places) are welcome to develop feelings for this mystery mare. Be warned: your character WILL get shot down in flames if they attempt to ask her out, so this option is only recommended for those who like putting their characters through romantic misery.

Ex-Antagonists - Lastly, I think it would be nice to have Sunset Shimmer bond with other peeps who were once villains before being redeemed. No matter which world they hail from, troubled souls who manage to cast off the Darkness deserve some affection. <3

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My "blind" unicorn, Mythic Vision, went to Celestia's school for Gifted Unicorns.

She wasn't really a standout student, with practical lessons, but she has a very unique perspective on magic, and if Sunset was at all attentive of other students, it's conceivable she might've noticed her... being a bit eccentric.

Myth would've been hard-pressed not to notice Sunset. She would've seen the darkness growing in her, and honestly been concerned.

She might've even approached her once or twice to ask if everything was okay.

If you're interested, you can read her sheet to learn more about her.

[edit] On a side note, when you said "not on any map", my bat pony OC got a little excited, lol (but there's not really any way she'd know Sunset).

• Like 1

As long as you consider Mythic Vision to be older than Twilight Sparkle (like Sunset probably is), then yes there is room for prior encounters between our two magic students. Expect Mythic to have been rudely told off if she tried asking Sunset what's up with her. You know, somebody should set up a Magic School reunion thread one day so all our former magic student characters can have a meet-up. :D

Well, I don't really have a very pinpointed age group for her. She's always just been a sort of childish adult. Never really established how old an adult.

• 2 weeks later...

Aero grew up in Canterlot, I think he would be a little bit older than Sunset so maybe before she yeeted herself through that funky mirror they may have made eye contact one time, maybe they actually met before. So many possibilities.

If Aero had any reason to linger around the School of Magic or the surrounding area, there is indeed a chance for a random encounter. Depending on the nature of this encounter however, don't expect Sunset to remember it. :P

• 6 months later...

I figured that this is a good place to leave notice. Certain Stalker (without a crush) will drop by and visit Shimmer...but only after she's done some bonding with Liviel - seeing that she's The Dreaded for any and all Fenghuang Monks.

On the other hand certain Count may have great interest in that other world that Sunset lives in...and their advancements.

• Like 1

I see this thread is becoming a hot spot again. 🔥

:sans:

Anywho, I wonder just how much information about the Mirror World has spread through Equestria. Has the existence of humanity become common knowledge yet? What would a Gamesmaster like @SteelEagle suggest?

PS: Count WHO? No offense, but Sunny doesn't know jack about Equestria's nobility, lolz. :P

3 hours ago, Ciraxis said:

Certain Stalker (without a crush)

Pfft, that's what they all say at first.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelEagle said:

The human world is not widely known. You need to be Twilight, be very close to Twilight, a Pillar, or a Princess to know.

Well yeah. But Squall (because OF COURSE it's Squall) have a habit of knowing more then he should. Especially now that he has a whole ninja clan working for him (hi @PyroBlaze).

He keeps a tab on Twilight and her associates, so it's natural that he would be curious about this 'Part-Time Teacher' Sparkle seems very close with. One that vanishes from the face of the planet regularly.

Still though, all that surveillance would suggest to a sane person is that Sunset Shimmer holes up in the Castle of Friendship (or wherever the Mirror is) for up to several days at a time. And I wouldn't expect random creatures to be allowed to snoop around those buildings at will. Most likely, the truth about Sunset's extra-dimensional activities won't be apparent unless somebody REALLY thinks that discovering the truth about Sunny's "reclusiveness" is worth committing burglary over. And I'm just not sure if that threshold can be met, IC-wise.....

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Still though, all that surveillance would suggest to a sane person is that Sunset Shimmer holes up in the Castle of Friendship (or wherever the Mirror is) for up to several days at a time. And I wouldn't expect random creatures to be allowed to snoop around those buildings at will. Most likely, the truth about Sunset's extra-dimensional activities won't be apparent unless somebody REALLY thinks that discovering the truth about Sunny's "reclusiveness" is worth committing burglary over. And I'm just not sure if that threshold can be met, IC-wise.....

Well Squall's sanity is dobious sometimes. He tends to be CRAZY paranoid.

We can assume it is still in Castle. After all, it would be a jerk move on Twilight's part to force Shimmer to make a train trip every time she goes to teach the class.

Does she brings her Magic Journal with her? If so, one has only to wait till she leave it in her office at School of Friendship. A bit of a stretch, but possible.

And again....

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

I'm going to be really honest; even if Sunset sometimes brings her Journal with her, I'd personally rather not have a meeting between her and Swift come about due to hired "crazy ass ninjas" being sneaks. Leave those sorts of shenanigans to bad guys like Hou.

I'd vastly prefer if Swift learned about Human World from somebody who's in a position to know about it (which would also include Sunny's closest friends, I'll add). If one of them lets some info slip, that'll be fine by me. :)

NOT your typical noblepony. He's got resume comparable to Conan the Barbarian. Heck, I think his is the longest app on the site.